Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will have the better offseason?
This poll is closed.
Montreal 19 14.29%
Edmonton 65 48.87%
Vancouver 49 36.84%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
...to the rangers?

booooooooooooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

congrats on another middle six forward The New York Rangers: a team of middle six forwards

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

This signing solves exactly 0 of the Rags' problems right now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I get why Vesey would want to sign there but I don't get why the Rangers need another 2nd line forward

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I get why Vesey would want to sign there but I don't get why the Rangers need another 2nd line forward

AV likes to roll lines but couldn't last year because Moore/Glass sucked and Stalberg was a bonehead.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think the Red Wings logo on that soccer logo image thing looks like a Nazi logo.

How is DeKeyser doing? He was the last big college FA right?

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

myron cope posted:

I think the Red Wings logo on that soccer logo image thing looks like a Nazi logo.

How is DeKeyser doing? He was the last big college FA right?

Mike Reilly

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

yellowcar posted:

This signing solves exactly 0 of the Rags' problems right now.

Wrong

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

B
V E S E Y
N
G
H
A
Z
I

is Vesey a center or winger??

Glambags fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 20, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

myron cope posted:

How is DeKeyser doing?

Very Okay and now overpaid

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Glambags posted:

B
V E S E Y
N
G
H
A
Z
I

is Vesey a center or winger??

Left Wing I believe

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Vesey is dumb and sucks.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

They don't but any team would take Vesey for free.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Chad Sexington posted:

Vesey is dumb and sucks.

:agreed:

sign hudler, ray

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's crazy how it turned out Jimmy Vesey was bad all along.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
jimmy vesey will score exactly 17 goals this season.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

a false posted:

jimmy vesey will score exactly 17 goals this season.

He'll be sent to Hartford after exactly 17 games

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Ginette Reno posted:

He'll be sent to Hartford after exactly 17 games

15 of which he will be sat for Tanner Glass.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Im so glad the Pens signed on old man Cullen and not Vesey. Really dont need another Brandon Sutter or some other trade bait kiddo

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Vesey scoring 10-15 seems like a reasonable guess. He's got the pedigree but is totally unknown at the NHL level so he could bust for all we know. I doubt he will, though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm bummed he didn't go to Chicago, not because I have any preference for the player, but I would have enjoyed swimming in the tears it generated.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
i hope he's bad, and gets traded to the Flyers for andrew macdonald and then is good

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Vicas posted:

i hope he's bad, and gets traded to the Flyers for andrew macdonald and then is good

I would like Jim Benning to have a change of heart over this whole "hockey" thing, move to Tibet and become a monk.

Edit: You know I probably shouldn't joke because the Edmonton Oilers did trade an all star scoring winner for a crappy defenseman so who loving knows

grack fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 20, 2016

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

grack posted:

I would like Jim Benning to have a change of heart over this whole "hockey" thing, move to Tibet and become a monk.

Edit: You know I probably shouldn't joke because the Edmonton Oilers did trade an all star scoring winner for a crappy defenseman so who loving knows

Sedin Twins for Alexei Emelin, c'mon Bergevin restore my faith in you!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

grack posted:

poo poo, I woulda done Taylor Hall for Tanev /and/ Edler if I was Benning.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Jeff Groton posted:

“I was glad to see the caller ID and see the Boston number, so I hurried to answer it, and when he said, ‘Hi, it’s Jimmy Vesey and I’ve made my decision and I’d like to come to New York’ I probably swore. I’m not sure exactly what I did, but I probably had a pretty exciting comeback for him. Probably can’t say it in public.”

Apparently Chris Drury had a big part in convincing Vesey so way to go Chris.

Also I guess the Rangers as part of their promotional video had Liam Neeson record a bit about how if Vesey didn't join the Rangers he "will find you".

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

myron cope posted:

Lmao you don't know how correct you are that's the logo for SS Lazio, Italy's naziest team

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jovial Cow posted:

Also I guess the Rangers as part of their promotional video had Liam Neeson record a bit about how if Vesey didn't join the Rangers he "will find you".

Rangers are making threats to recruit now. That has to be a violation, will Gary do nothing?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Look Around You posted:

Also did Doc Emrick do water polo this year? Or even any sports? I miss his voice :(

pierre mcguire called women's water polo. he kept comparing the captain of the us team to toews

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

abuse culture. posted:

Lmao you don't know how correct you are that's the logo for SS Lazio, Italy's naziest team

that is extremely correct

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Doc Emrick was calling the first tee-off of the golf events, which was a little odd since he was at a Buick dealership.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Vesey scoring 10-15 seems like a reasonable guess. He's got the pedigree but is totally unknown at the NHL level so he could bust for all we know. I doubt he will, though.

he was really good in the wjc when he was in it with a lot of other guys who panned out really well, which means nothing, but i will willingly take it to mean that he is very good and will be very good immediately

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
My body is Vesey

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

LmaoTheKid posted:

My body is Vesey

6/10, worth using if he ever scores a goal

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

LmaoTheKid posted:

My body is Vesey

I always thought it was "vee-see"

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

abuse culture. posted:

I also found it quite appropriate that whoever did that whole thing based Chicago's "NHL as soccer" logo off of Juventus.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

xzzy posted:

I'm bummed he didn't go to Chicago, not because I have any preference for the player, but I would have enjoyed swimming in the tears it generated.

Same. I have no clue about the kid other than he did have a good season in college hockey and he is supposedly good at hockey. But when did one of these college free agents who go the UFA route turn out to be as good as advertised? This hype must be due to it being August, the worst hockey month.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
its too bad vesey went to the rangers instead of a team with a future

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Cool news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jovial Cow posted:

I never thought of hockey teams having promotional videos to try to recruit players. Now I want to see them.

"The New York Rangers: I'MWALKINHEAH"

"The New York Islanders: Come for the new building. Stay for the next new building and maybe cameos at the older building!"

"The Columbus Blue Jackets: Only one losing season since 2011-12! Maybe this is the year?"

"The Pittsburgh Penguins: Yins better perform or our fans will lose their poo poo and we'll fleece you to some other team with impunity."

e- "The NASHVILLLLLLE PREDATORS: (20 minutes of Kellie Pickler and Carrie Underwood in bikinis set to country music. Also PK Subban)

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 20, 2016

• Locked thread