Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Small Frozen Thing posted:

No no no, I know about all that. It's just that synapsids are specifically defined taxonomy-wise as "mammals, but without tits." Thus it feels especially silly.

"This is my slugsona, Curly. They're outcasts from slug society because of their beautiful shell NO CURLY'S MOST EMPHATICALLY NOT A SNAIL STOP SAYING THAT."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Abyssal Squid posted:

"This is my slugsona, Curly. They're outcasts from slug society because of their beautiful shell NO CURLY'S MOST EMPHATICALLY NOT A SNAIL STOP SAYING THAT."

This is a real stupid analogy/joke, sorry

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

hmm, synapsids with tits and MLP
some compound awful there

Awww, what horrible trainer left their Typhlosion out in the rain? :smith:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Tasoth posted:

I went and looked up what a Synx is. People really, really need to learn biology because it doesn't work that way.

Why? Why did I Google these things? :nms:

The Synx is basically an anthropomorphic tapeworm; it's an internal parasite that burrows under its host's skin and makes itself a cozy little home to tangle itself up in. And it is the size of a human. :gonk:

(It also has extra eyes the way a tyrannosaur would have spare teeth in case one falls out, because why not double down on the uncomfortably specific fetishes?)

Oh and the female Totally-Not-Wolves synapsids-with-boobs not only have a prehensile vaginal flap. They also have an extra set of vocal chords inside their vaginas with which they can communicate with each other in a secret, girls only queef-language. :magical:

I'm guessing the number of women the creator of this species has spoken to is negative.

E:

That latter one is a joke, intentionally spread to garner exactly that reaction.
:nallears:

There are also some bird-people but they're boring.

Rahonavis has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Aug 22, 2016

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Abyssal Squid posted:

Unless it's a goodra, gastropod fursonas are actually super rare. Most furries pick mammals, avians, and reptiles. And even then there are plenty of animals within those groups that are a hard find, like primates.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Rahonavis posted:

Why? Why did I Google these things? :nms:

The Synx is basically an anthropomorphic tapeworm; it's an internal parasite that burrows under its host's skin and makes itself a cozy little home to tangle itself up in. And it is the size of a human. :gonk:

(It also has extra eyes the way a tyrannosaur would have spare teeth in case one falls out, because why not double down on the uncomfortably specific fetishes?)

Oh and the female Totally-Not-Wolves synapsids-with-boobs not only have a prehensile vaginal flap. They also have an extra set of vocal chords inside their vaginas with which they can communicate with each other in a secret, girls only queef-language. :magical:

I'm guessing the number of women the creator of this species has spoken to is negative.

That latter one is a joke, intentionally spread to garner exactly that reaction.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Pataponsonas? :psyduck:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Txn posted:

Pataponsonas? :psyduck:

What no

That's Lovecraft Mythos deities as Patapons

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Mikedawson posted:

Unless it's a goodra, gastropod fursonas are actually super rare. Most furries pick mammals, avians, and reptiles. And even then there are plenty of animals within those groups that are a hard find, like primates.

well c'mon if your fursona is a primate you're barely even trying

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

It's a Sergal. It's an anthropomorphic synapsid creature, meaning it is a mammal but without mammary glands.
This doesn't stop people from drawing them with breasts, of course.

Are these even from anything, or is just some furry thing that caught on?

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzkUGP_AU7Y&hd=1

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Rollersnake posted:

Are these even from anything, or is just some furry thing that caught on?

They are from a fantasy setting created by some Japanese artist. They mainly caught on due to 4chan meme.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Respect my goosona.

Internet Kraken has a new favorite as of 06:55 on Aug 20, 2016

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Respect my goosona.

Sure! Why don't you post it?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:psypop:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The pic is massive, here: http://imgur.com/vee4trZ

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alex Rex, a tyrannosaurus rex beastman, a hard-bitten detective in a 1930's chicago-esque city called Lockville,
seeks to discover the origins behind the superhero Keyman who suddenly showed up in town one night fighting crime.

(that's his ex-wife)

(how he normally looks)

I couldn't find any fanart of the MI6 falcon-beastman sadly.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 07:53 on Aug 20, 2016

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

they're going to be much more than just a pet to you, friend

Shots fired :shittypop:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Oh, all the SNK characters. Considering the rest of the thread, it's a bit boring.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FlyinPingu posted:

well c'mon if your fursona is a primate you're barely even trying

Hey man, Evolution tried to make anthropomorphic apes and look where that got us :v:

Internet Kraken posted:

Respect my goosona.

That reminds me of a boss from Metroid Fusion. Is it anything specific, or just "blobs of goo"? I see a headcrab in there so I'm not sure at all.

VV: Oh okay. Didn't think it'd just be one thing, but makes sense.

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 10:36 on Aug 20, 2016

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
It's a stack of every "slime" type monster from Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (a few of them have been removed or received new graphics, though)

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
My fursona is an M1 Abrams main battle tank prepare to be crushed under my iron treads

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Mine is Homo Superior, which I think is just David Bowie but still.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

RandomPauI posted:

Mine is Homo Superior, which I think is just David Bowie but still.

Unless you've spent $300 in commissioning an artist to draw if you're dead to me

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

plain blue jacket posted:

Unless you've spent $300 in commissioning an artist to draw if you're dead to me

I wasn't aware that was a requirement. I retract my claim at this time but claim first dibs on a super-band made up of TMBG, Pink Martini, and Sondre Lerche.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

plain blue jacket posted:

Does having a Tumblr full of your own elementary school level colored pencil drawings count?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Here, I did the five minutes of work to make this not impossible to look at:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
definitely another one of those "looks well done initially until you actually look at it for more than two seconds and start seeing the flaws everywhere" pieces of artwork

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What did they do to my boy

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Rectus posted:

Does having a Tumblr full of your own elementary school level colored pencil drawings count?

Holy poo poo yes

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Alaois posted:

What did they do to my boy

can't believe they're not paying proper respect to Duck King

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Captain Invictus posted:

Alex Rex, a tyrannosaurus rex beastman, a hard-bitten detective in a 1930's chicago-esque city called Lockville,
seeks to discover the origins behind the superhero Keyman who suddenly showed up in town one night fighting crime.

(that's his ex-wife)

(how he normally looks)

I couldn't find any fanart of the MI6 falcon-beastman sadly.

Please don't remind me of Keyman. That was the most depressing bait and switch.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Amusingly enough there was a small series of (very meh at best) videogames around the early 2000s pretty much based on that concept. I think it was called Deer Avenger, definitely remember the player character's name was Bambo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Glagha posted:

Please don't remind me of Keyman. That was the most depressing bait and switch.
What bait and switch? The one that happens in literally the first chapter?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Captain Invictus posted:

What bait and switch? The one that happens in literally the first chapter?

Nah, just the series as a whole. I got into it expecting cool dinosaur detective mystery adventures and it kinda still is that? I just wasn't expecting the super creepy aspects of the whole series like heavily sexualized 12 year olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, that's probably the worst thing about the series, the whole Dr. Necro thing in the first handful of chapters. Then a character literally says "have you no decency? Put some clothes on!" and it's never an issue again iirc

If you were able to push past those rough early chapters, it really goes places with Alex, if he's your favorite character in there. He teams up with a secret service falcon man to solve crimes. Also has some incredible body horror in it, like that chimera lady, or the keymen themselves.

• Locked thread