Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i've never actually seen voyager so i just assume that's how every episode ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIw690VGt70

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I haven't looked at the timeline of everything but at any point where was Janeway aware of the carnage of the Dominion War did she pass up on a chance to intervene in it?

I mean future finale Janeway arguably but she presumably felt crippling the Borg was more important overall.

Also I bet they felt like idiots when she showed up "I could've been breaking the temporal prime directive all this time out here?!?"

I mean we've seen several instances where time cops or spies or whatever intervened in time travel in Voyager or Enterprise, why did they let the Krenim run wild anyway? How policed actually is the timestream by Future Cops?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I feel like if Janeway intervened in the dominion war, there would be a 200% increase of genocide and death

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hymirvetr posted:

I feel like if Janeway intervened in the dominion war, there would be a 200% increase of genocide and death

Sometimes she has to get a little rough.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

queue benny hill music

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Hymirvetr posted:

Janeway would have taught the changelings how to really gently caress up a quadrent.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

:psylon:

(did they get rid of the razz cylon?)

:awesomelon:

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
Well I just hit S7 of DS9 and holy poo poo does S5 and S6 have too many loving time travel and Quark stories. There's a war going on you fucks.

Meanwhile Capt Sisko is peeling potatoes. Good use of trained officers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

shovelbum posted:

I haven't looked at the timeline of everything but at any point where was Janeway aware of the carnage of the Dominion War did she pass up on a chance to intervene in it?

Well in one episode Chakotay gets an email from Starfleet telling him that the Maquis were wiped out by the Dominion and it doesn't affect the episode in the slightest. The Maquis were specifically created for Voyager and yet DS9 did way more with the concept than the Voyager crew ever did.

CADPAT posted:

Well I just hit S7 of DS9 and holy poo poo does S5 and S6 have too many loving time travel and Quark stories. There's a war going on you fucks.

Meanwhile Capt Sisko is peeling potatoes. Good use of trained officers.

Seasons 5 and 6 are still the best DS9 has to offer. Season 7 is a mix of good stories and some really, really stupid poo poo.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
didn't the Maquis straight up get gassed with chemical weapons or am I remembering incorrectly?

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Seasons 5 and 6 are still the best DS9 has to offer. Season 7 is a mix of good stories and some really, really stupid poo poo.

It's like they didn't have enough good material to actually write two seasons so they just dumped in a bunch of filller.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

didn't the Maquis straight up get gassed with chemical weapons or am I remembering incorrectly?

Sisko gassed their planet to tell them to gently caress off from the DMZ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I got my dad a subscription to the eaglemoss replica star trek miniatures. He's always so disappointed when the ships for the month are from voyager

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
Also DS9 - constantly cutting our hands open with knives for various reasons

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
went to see beyond last night, fuckin sucked.

couldn't believe they played that beasty boy poo poo again. I rolled my eyes so hard and said "hey Scotty please beam me outta this theater!" and the audienc collectively sprayed cherry coke out of their faceholes and we started rifftraxxing and i got so many high fives

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Why didn't that make the Cardies go and gas EVERY planet afterwards.
They can live there, have no qualms about killing Maquis, Sisko would have been declared a Cardassian Hero for giving them a way to claim every planet they wanted.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

shovelbum posted:

I mean future finale Janeway arguably but she presumably felt crippling the Borg Super charging the Borg by giving them a 30 year advance in technology was more important overall.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They probably did praise sisko considering how fast the maquis were wiped out after Eddington was arrested. Their biggest mistake was picking a fight with the federation when they could barely withstand the cardassians

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

happyhippy posted:

Why didn't that make the Cardies go and gas EVERY planet afterwards.
They can live there, have no qualms about killing Maquis, Sisko would have been declared a Cardassian Hero for giving them a way to claim every planet they wanted.

didn't it make the planet uninhabitable for everyone? I thought that was sisko's idea, to be like my dad telling me and my sister "since you two retards can't stop fighting over who gets the last cannoli I'm just gonna eat it myself" only on a planetary scale

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Gatekeeper posted:

didn't it make the planet uninhabitable for everyone? I thought that was sisko's idea, to be like my dad telling me and my sister "since you two retards can't stop fighting over who gets the last cannoli I'm just gonna eat it myself" only on a planetary scale

For everyone but cardassians. And he got the idea from the Maquis poisoning a cardassian colony planet with something humans are immune to.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Gul Gardok: Hey, I have a loving excellent idea. Lets get a ship full of that poo poo used by Sisko, and head for Earth.
Dominion Founder: Don't be stupid. Now line up all your ships at these coords for no reason.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 20, 2016

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Moddington posted:

For everyone but cardassians. And he got the idea from the Maquis poisoning a cardassian colony planet with something humans are immune to.

Hit all the disputed worlds with both chemicals then give them to the Pakleds

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Moddington posted:

wow I didn't remember that. welp, time for a rewatch I guess :riker:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I'm the plant in The Man Trap that is definitely not a frilly gloved hand

gonna get a fancy glove and give myself a beauregard hj

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Tears In A Vial posted:

I'm the muppet throwing you up.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Tears In A Vial posted:

couple of nights ago I had a dream that i was bein hosed by a huge multi-flowered jungle plant and it was actually a lot like getting a hj from that thing, while a few more handflowers cradled the balls and vines gently snaking into my outmouth, etc

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gatekeeper posted:

couple of nights ago I had a dream that i was bein hosed by a huge multi-flowered jungle plant and it was actually a lot like getting a hj from that thing, while a few more handflowers cradled the balls and vines gently snaking into my outmouth, etc

Thank you for this insight into you as a person.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Thank you for this insight into you as a person.

i am pretty sure that plant could see insight my person too

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
they should do those cool retro 60s art posters like they did for TOS but 90ized for Voyager. Imma work on a concept hold on.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The 90s looked like poo poo though

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Tighclops posted:

The 90s looked like poo poo though

yeah I'm trying to picture it in my head and it's all very boring and lovely :^/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gatekeeper posted:

yeah I'm trying to picture it in my head and it's all very boring and lovely :^/

It was very reactionary to the boxy grey late 80s by being all super gaudy and technicolor vomit. But then they realized that that looked like poo poo, so they went back to boring grey without all the cold war oppression of the 80s boring grey.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

they should do those cool retro 60s art posters like they did for TOS but 90ized for Voyager. Imma work on a concept hold on.

just get this one

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Voyager had a similar colour scheme to parts of my public school, while TNG elicits feelings of safety and comfort Voyager evokes dread in me. The kind of dread you only get every monday for years on end

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

TNG reminds me of this old 91 Chevy conversion van I used to gently caress inside of, big plush purple captains chairs and wood grain console and beige vinyl dashboard and a switch I flipped that turned on accent lighting and made the back seat recline into a bed

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

I take back any sass

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ah yes, 'Saved By the Bell: The Starfleet Academy Years'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

For the future with unlimited energy and power, they feed them less food than prisoners.

ONE PURPLE POTATO PER PERSON NO EXCEPTIONS