Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They make live action OVAs now and call them movies instead, and will split a film into like 5 or 6 one hour segments as a way to keep people going to the theatres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

They make live action OVAs now and call them movies instead, and will split a film into like 5 or 6 one hour segments as a way to keep people going to the theatres

and also so they can charge like 1000 dollars for the kara no kyoukai blu-rays

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I think it needs to be said that schlocky violent 90s OVAs also rule and you should watch them

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
80s ovas

https://a.pomf.cat/mvyzzl.webm

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This is so good. I want a game of this.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Takoluka posted:

This is so good. I want a game of this.

battle royal high school has a couple weird bits, but the amazing parts are amazing and the ending is absolute insanity and pretty much all the key roles in making it were handled by the animation director for the original macross

https://a.pomf.cat/bbksxy.webm

but anyway, that's enough of using this as an opportunity to share the insane webms i have lying around on my pc

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Hace posted:

I think it needs to be said that schlocky violent 90s OVAs also rule and you should watch them
They owned

The Colonel posted:

battle royal high school has a couple weird bits, but the amazing parts are amazing and the ending is absolute insanity and pretty much all the key roles in making it were handled by the animation director for the original macross

https://a.pomf.cat/bbksxy.webm

but anyway, that's enough of using this as an opportunity to share the insane webms i have lying around on my pc

Also owns. Thanks for the nostalgia trip!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey nerds North America has a PSN flash sale if you want to get cheap visual novels and EDF now's a good chance.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

How good/bad/entertaining is the story in God Eater? Is it worth dropping 20 on Resurrection or should I just forget it and grab Rage Burst?

WontGetFooledAgain
Nov 5, 2012
Does Frozen Synapse have performance problems on the vita? Its the only game on the Flash Sale that I'm interested in.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

TARDISman posted:

How good/bad/entertaining is the story in God Eater? Is it worth dropping 20 on Resurrection or should I just forget it and grab Rage Burst?
Bad, and not entertaining. You can skip it pretty easily.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So this is a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2mvXgKbu88

Is distracting the way the sped up the footage though. Unless that is the norm with their videos.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Policenaut posted:

Hey nerds North America has a PSN flash sale if you want to get cheap visual novels and EDF now's a good chance.

EDF worth getting if I have 4.1 on the ps4? Portable EDF sounds cool if it runs alright.

Also any of those VNs worth buying? I have a 64gb card so my vita thirsts for the anime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It looks exactly the same as it does to me in trailers.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Also any of those VNs worth buying? I have a 64gb card so my vita thirsts for the anime

if you like otome games Code: Realize reviewed well

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Amazon.de just listed the PEGI version and it's been topping the Vita sales charts for days now :getin:

Still loving shameful that some lewd titties make the USK freak out so much. Not like there isn't an 18+ rating and almost all of the titty anime games typically have a lower age rating in Germany than they have in the rest of Europe so...?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

if you like otome games Code: Realize reviewed well

It's an all around nice story although one of the dudes will always rub someone wrong depending on their tastes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Katana Gomai posted:

Amazon.de just listed the PEGI version and it's been topping the Vita sales charts for days now :getin:

Still loving shameful that some lewd titties make the USK freak out so much. Not like there isn't an 18+ rating and almost all of the titty anime games typically have a lower age rating in Germany than they have in the rest of Europe so...?

Girls kissing is at least 21+ rating if not higher

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Katana Gomai posted:

That being said, according to Pqube themselves Germany refusing to rate the game is a huge hit for them since Germany is the second largest european market

quote:

Update – We have received a reply from PQube regarding the game’s refused classification in Germany:

"I don’t really have a lot I can tell you at this point. We only found it about the situation shortly before we all headed to Gamescom.

We don’t know yet what exactly caused them to refuse classification. Naturally, losing the German territory is a big deal, as it’s the second biggest market in Europe. From what we can tell, it would have been for similar reasons that Criminal Girls was refused."

We’re still waiting on a reply from the USK. Once again, we’ll continue to update you as we learn more.

:ohdear:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That being said, according to Pqube themselves Germany refusing to rate the game is a huge hit for them since Germany is the second largest european market

I'm starting to wonder if Xseed/Marvelous EU did a quick check with someone they knew at USK and let all these licenses go.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
On the one hand it's bullshit to decide something isn't suitable for anyone instead of giving it the highest possible adult rating.

On the other hand lol if your business model revolves around selling japanese lesbian orgasm weapon games in loving Germany.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dehry posted:

I'm starting to wonder if Xseed/Marvelous EU did a quick check with someone they knew at USK and let all these licenses go.

I actually have the idea that Marvelous EU were the ones that got Pqube to pick up Valkyrie Drive after XSEED passed on it. After all, Marvelous EU did said they got in touch with Marvelous itself to see if it were possible for the to localize it back when Takaki said it wouldn't be released in the west. Plus, Marveleus EU and Pqube seems to be on friendly terms and all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr Phillby posted:

On the other hand lol if your business model revolves around selling japanese lesbian orgasm weapon games in loving Germany.

Life goals, man.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RichDevX/status/765121482020315136

This guy designed a MicroSD to Vita Memory Card adaptor

https://twitter.com/Praxxley_ch/status/766035959230103552

as expected, it will be sticking out of the system.

E: It looks to just be a debug model and not anywhere near usable.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 20, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sakurazuka posted:

Girls kissing is at least 21+ rating if not higher

Glorious "sex is ok but guns are extremely super bad" German master race

Except I guess sex is not ok in this case.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

As I said, Amazon.de just sells the EU version. And not even through some reseller or whatever, they just sell their UK stock on the German website so while brick&mortar is affected, who the gently caress buys anime lesbos at a store anyways

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 20, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/RichDevX/status/765121482020315136

This guy designed a MicroSD to Vita Memory Card adaptor

https://twitter.com/Praxxley_ch/status/766035959230103552

as expected, it will be sticking out of the system.

Kind of :laffo: if it really is just physical differences between microSD and Vita cards.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Katana Gomai posted:

As I said, Amazon.de just sells the EU version. And not even through some reseller or whatever, they just sell their UK stock on the German website so while brick&mortar is affected, who the gently caress buys anime lesbos at a store anyways

From what I understand, the issue would be more with digital sales and DLC. Although I've also seen people claiming that games and content can be uploaded to the german PSN even if they don't have USK rating so who knows.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

Kind of :laffo: if it really is just physical differences between microSD and Vita cards.

There was some research saying it was an M2 card with swapped pins.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Kinda intrigued by Valkyrie Drive.

I suspect the tag line is a bit misleading, though.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"what a time to be alive" sounds like the copywriter throwing their hands up. "you already know what this game is, you're not reading this."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Waltzing Along posted:

Kinda intrigued by Valkyrie Drive.

I suspect the tag line is a bit misleading, though.

It's accurate for the anime but is obviously very toned down for the game. As for the game, is pretty drat fun and the pseudo smash bros mode is pretty entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEVj3DyvfuE

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

"what a time to be alive" sounds like the copywriter throwing their hands up. "you already know what this game is, you're not reading this."

I think that is PQube being cheeky since that was a common reaction at the game's announcement back in July

https://twitter.com/infernal_monkey/status/751378815000072192

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 21, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Vita thread, I'm gonna be honest here. I don't think I care about the bad titty game. I am numb to the titty.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It's accurate for the anime but is obviously very toned down for the game. As for the game, is pretty drat fun and the pseudo smash bros mode is pretty entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEVj3DyvfuE

Does that video have any of the orgasms in it?

How does the orgasm mechanic work? Is it cut scenes? Or do you control one or both of the lesbians? Do they have orgasms while fighting? I don't think I've ever played a game where the PCs get their powers via orgasm.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Ruggington posted:

Vita thread, I'm gonna be honest here. I don't think I care about the bad titty game. I am numb to the titty.

You're very brave to speak to talk like that in this thread. I support your courageous stand against the bad titty game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Waltzing Along posted:

Does that video have any of the orgasms in it?

How does the orgasm mechanic work? Is it cut scenes? Or do you control one or both of the lesbians? Do they have orgasms while fighting? I don't think I've ever played a game where the PCs get their powers via orgasm.

Basically is your standard power up. As you fight you gain power stocks caled "drives" and by spending one you can power up your character. This goes up four times (three for the DLC char) and each tier gets a different animation. First level is just a pose together, second is breasts touching, third is hugs and final one is a kiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0zEKKXhjME

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

I don't care about it either but... I am tired of seeing it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"numb to the titty" would be an awful trap song.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

"numb to the titty" would be an awful trap song.

https://youtu.be/AVHHZnG9mj0

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ruggington posted:

It's been like what four years of bad anime titty games. I don't think I can muster up any lols or disgust over them anymore. Yeah they're weaponized lesbians sure whatever when the gently caress is Cold Steel 2 in my hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Yeah they're weaponized lesbians sure whatever when the gently caress is Cold Steel 2 in my hands.

September 6th.