Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Good to know every part of that world is hiding horrible truths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

A.o.D. posted:

It's also very nearly the whole explanation for Mary's keyhole.

I think I must have missed this because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Fourth panel: http://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/poppy-2-page-9/

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I feel better now because there's no way I ever would have noticed that, or realised it was supposed to be a keyhole if I had. It's tiny!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nuns with Guns posted:

mmm okay so I guess I can add another item to the list of things that will set someone off really hardcore in the webcomics thread

Let's see... that puts it at

1. Questionable Content [anything]

Woah, I missed that. When did people have something against Questionable Content? That comic is kind of bland and inoffensive, like a soap opera playing in the near future. I would have imagined people in this thread wouldn't even remember that webcomic.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
There's a lot of evidence point to Mary being a whole lot more than she even knows. There's the keyhole, her whole back story and the fact that the church willingly supports her even though she willingly blabs her "blackmail" story to anyone with ears, and Morbi's penchant for 'fake' April fool's reveals.

Also, she can only remember 2 of the three mothers of magic, which at the time was used to portray her as a ditz, but in light of what that key is for, there's probably something to all that.

You know, until the latest page, I was pretty down on the intermission because there was way too much talking head gumflapping, but then AWW SNAP. It seems like Morbi likes to telegraph his big reveals only to then nail you with a bigger twist.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Libluini posted:

Woah, I missed that. When did people have something against Questionable Content? That comic is kind of bland and inoffensive, like a soap opera playing in the near future. I would have imagined people in this thread wouldn't even remember that webcomic.

"ARGH ITS SO loving BORING I AM loving INCENSED ITS SO MILQUETOAST I AM OUT OF MY MIND ARGLEBARGLEBARG!!!!"

Repeat for 30 pages, and you have the last QC derail.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

"ARGH ITS SO loving BORING I AM loving INCENSED ITS SO MILQUETOAST I AM OUT OF MY MIND ARGLEBARGLEBARG!!!!"

Repeat for 30 pages, and you have the last QC derail.

Suddenly I regret my question.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah it's just best not to bring it up.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mostly people in here don't really care about qc unless they also post in the other webcomics thread though

they really hate it in there

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Someone's been posting a manga about Ainu in there recently and it's good.

There's actually a lot of discussion and interesting and/or weird stuff posted in the other thread.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tollymain posted:

mostly people in here don't really care about qc unless they also post in the other webcomics thread though

they really hate it in there

But ironically, it's the BSS thread that Jeff Jacks hates. He had a meltdown about the last thread 2 years back. No hand cutting though.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Jorf Jocks seems like a nice guy even though he draws a boring comic so I hope he doesn't hurt himself again over dumb tumblr bullshit. :(

T.G. Xarbala posted:

There's actually a lot of discussion and interesting and/or weird stuff posted in the other thread.
I used to follow the PHIZ Webcomic thread, that one introduced me to a lot of wierd and cool poo poo. I might have to actually follow the new bad thread if it's more like that again. What subforum is it hiding in these days?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mr Phillby posted:

Jorf Jocks seems like a nice guy even though he draws a boring comic so I hope he doesn't hurt himself again over dumb tumblr bullshit. :(

I used to follow the PHIZ Webcomic thread, that one introduced me to a lot of wierd and cool poo poo. I might have to actually follow the new bad thread if it's more like that again. What subforum is it hiding in these days?

4C under BYOB: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689737

e: just jump to the last page and post

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Yeah it's half fight scenes with bears and bandits, and half cooking tiny woodland critters the Ainu way. Also there's some sort of plot about a treasure I think? But it's mostly about recipes for squirrel meat.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
The manga is called Golden Kamui and it loving rules.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Kamuy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

What the fuuuuck :catstare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I agree that last panel is disturbing

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SynthOrange posted:

I agree that last panel is disturbing

Even better with the alt-text.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Hogge Wild posted:

But ironically, it's the BSS thread that Jeff Jacks hates. He had a meltdown about the last thread 2 years back. No hand cutting though.

isn't the problem that he doesn't realize there are two separate threads and assumes all his twitter trolls spill out of this one like fire ants?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nuns with Guns posted:

isn't the problem that he doesn't realize there are two separate threads and assumes all his twitter trolls spill out of this one like fire ants?

I don't recall that goons had trolled his twitter. The people who made him cut himself were his "normal" readers. And the BSS Webcomics threads have been negative of QC from the beginning. Did he have an account here? I think that most of the older big names have posted here at some point.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hogge Wild posted:

I don't recall that goons had trolled his twitter. The people who made him cut himself were his "normal" readers. And the BSS Webcomics threads have been negative of QC from the beginning. Did he have an account here? I think that most of the older big names have posted here at some point.

Was that the time people got mad about the nerd not being fat and gross enough? Or was that from the fallout over the trans character?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

Was that the time people got mad about the nerd not being fat and gross enough? Or was that from the fallout over the trans character?

The former. I don't recall any major drama from the latter. But I don't read his twitter, forums, or comics, so I don't know what he's been up to unless someone links it in here or in the other thread.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Oxxidation posted:

[K6BD] has its own thread. Everyone is appropriately excited.
After everything split off this is pretty much just the Poppy thread

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i could make it the monster pulse thread

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
if the rest of the bss webcomic threads were closed and everyone posted itt, it would be an improvement

now most of the threads are either half dead or creepy

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Hogge Wild posted:

if the rest of the bss webcomic threads were closed and everyone posted itt, it would be an improvement

now most of the threads are either half dead or creepy
:agreed:

but is it worth improving?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Better than this thread being undead and creepy.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Hogge Wild posted:

I don't think it was from that or that there were even actual SA people trolling him ever, he just assumed so because he's one of those types that would lurk on these threads even when they were 90% making GBS threads on his webcomic. Dunno if he has an actual account or relies on the paywall being down though

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 20, 2016

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Most people who don't post on SA don't bother to distinguish between the sub-boards that are basically 4chan and the ones that have some standards.

This gets really funny when people from sub-boards that have lots of standards get huffy because people associate them with GBS or whatever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Most people who don't post on SA don't bother to distinguish between the sub-boards that are basically 4chan and the ones that have some standards.

This gets really funny when people from sub-boards that have lots of standards get huffy because people associate them with GBS or whatever.
Nobody likes being associated with GBS.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nobody likes being associated with GBS.
Even GBS doesn't like being associated with GBS.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Tollymain posted:

i could make it the monster pulse thread

I like the new coloring style

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Welp, looks like Poppy is on hold due to computer issues :(

http://poppy-opossum.tumblr.com/post/149326668844/notice-poppy-will-not-be-updating-due-to-computer

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Bummer. Poppy is good, and I'm looking forward to its return.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tomorrow* in monster pulse, oh how the turns have table

*it's supposedly mwf but that's not really the case unless maybe it updates at like, midnight gmt?

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Hey, it's been approximately a trillion years since I thought about Ctrl-Alt-Del. Did the whole reboot thing ever go anywhere?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Zero_Tactility posted:

Bummer. Poppy is good, and I'm looking forward to its return.

Same. Diminished update schedule or no, I look forward to Poppy's return.

It and Kill Six Billion Demons are my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Tollymain posted:

tomorrow* in monster pulse, oh how the turns have table

*it's supposedly mwf but that's not really the case unless maybe it updates at like, midnight gmt?

He's right, that was a bit heartless

• Locked thread