Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

CubicalSucrose posted:

Another option which I've been doing is to arbitrage the flax copper / exp, since I can sell the flax for 20, buy the others for less(7/8/9 at the moment), and it's actually better exp since I'm stocking more often and at a higher rate. Depends on your level of activity/gathering level/gear, but worth considering.

If you are selling flax you are dead to the tailor goons and were never giving you superior anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

oldskool posted:

http://pastebin.com/5Jx2NkdF

tl;dr: Grob put up a buy order for raw meat at 2 copper each with no limit, so we sold him 80,000 raw meat and bankrupted his store.

oldskool, I was proud to be part of meatgate with you.

"gently caress you"

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Roflex posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14lXTInOVFZu2DYGDZ1qMD9kh49ys11-uIleEPHQDZiM/edit?usp=sharing

Ginseng, Lavender, and Mandrake Root are all in demand right now because of this project. Lavender is (kind of) nice because of its high output slot multiplier, which means you can set it to pick and go away for the better part of an hour (if the garden's high enough level). If you're doing veggie gardens, tomatoes and peppers are pretty much always needed. And if you want to keep levelling alchemy, you can grind up whatever's in the project storage (Wizard Blood Bank). And if you run out of stuff to crush and all your gardens are on cooldown, you can gather mushrooms.

I currently have more herbs than I have time to grind with the extensions I have. I can either grow yet more herbs since I have access to a lot of extensions which don't seem to be being turned around or grow less and crush more/make potions. Which would be more useful is what I meant.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
If you want to level alchemy, crush your own stuff and turn it into potions. If you don't just gather more stuff

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Virigoth posted:

If you are selling flax you are dead to the tailor goons and were never giving you superior anything.

Only terrible people sell flax

Like, terrible as compared to the average goon

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Only terrible people sell flax

Like, terrible as compared to the average goon

And goons are loving terrible.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Someone finally screenshot it for the thread. :bravo:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

oldskool posted:

tl;dr: Grob put up a buy order for raw meat at 2 copper each with no limit, so we sold him 80,000 raw meat and bankrupted his store.

Ahahahaha, thanks for the screenshots/pastebin!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

oldskool posted:

MEAT MOUNTAIN :perfect:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd suggest running the same gag with mushrooms but those are way more useful and don't require as many other resources to process.

Lithlicious
Aug 24, 2012
This game has a pretty interesting concept, and I'm having fun with it so far. I'm in as Perthro, if someone wants to drop me an invite.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Lithlicious posted:

This game has a pretty interesting concept, and I'm having fun with it so far. I'm in as Perthro, if someone wants to drop me an invite.

A button you must press, as an invite I have sent.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
About the mana project :effort:

17:28:48 RWSA : btw, when will people start using the potions???
17:29:05 oldskool : Phase Two
17:29:46 RWSA : so.....this will take some time......and idk, but why not start using the over 5k FF potions now?
17:29:52 Xerol : use them up
17:29:56 Xerol : use them all the time
17:30:02 Xerol : (just use the fish potions on sunfish though)
17:30:30 Xerol : use the woodlands on palm chopping
17:30:35 Xerol : and larch if you're moose
17:30:46 Xerol : and gemfinding on obsidian
17:31:11 CoffeeAmin : gently caress that. Fish Finders on the Sea Urchin fishing stuff
17:31:31 Xerol : snails at 400% RD on sunfish are a 1/4 drop
17:31:37 Xerol : i don't think any of the sea urchins get nearly that high
17:31:43 RWSA : yeah, a small post about when to use potions would be nice for everyone
17:32:54 CoffeeAmin : Urchins are super good though
17:34:27 Xerol : i guess i can do an experiment to see what the approximate drop rate is on urchins
17:34:52 Xerol : each snail is 6 mana
17:35:05 CoffeeAmin : Its not near as high as 1:4, but 5/action is really nice
17:35:19 CoffeeAmin : Frog Legs might be better for the effect
17:35:35 Xerol : urchins would need to be at least 6% base (30% with max RD) to be worth it
17:35:37 CoffeeAmin : A bit better seeming in terms of drop
17:35:44 Xerol : although i guess i could use them on stingrays
17:36:02 Xerol : since stingrays -> kites -> more mana
17:36:05 oldskool : rays for kites, and is sushi still going to be a thing moving forward or is it getting phased out
17:36:10 CoffeeAmin : Its probably closer to 3 or 4 percent
17:36:29 Guild > Projects > Mana Post was updated by Xerol.
17:36:38 Xerol : sushi's eventually getting phased out
17:36:39 CoffeeAmin : sushi is probably getting phased out, everything else seems to be
17:36:49 Xerol : the sushi cook miniproject was just to use up the squids we had stocked up
17:37:42 Xerol : although i guess if someone wants to fish them we could still make more
17:37:47 Xerol : since the food itself won't go away, just the recipe
17:38:01 Xerol : and each one is like 1.5 pies
17:38:12 Xerol : and a lot easier to make than pies if we have mats
17:38:47 oldskool : 40k seaweed, ~9k total rice but some of that is reserve for planting and some is flour-to-be
17:39:16 CoffeeAmin : rice is probably much easier to replace though
17:39:38 CoffeeAmin : especially with so many people close or past it in Gathering
17:39:41 Xerol : the combatters are bringing in a good amount of rice and we can also grow it
17:39:59 Xerol : okay mini project: chop tons of bamboo, build a giant rice farm in IP
17:41:34 CoffeeAmin : Bamboo is such a terrible timer though
17:42:07 Xerol : i'll do it if i have to
17:42:12 Xerol : i can keep my timer pretty low

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I made an in-game forum post too.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

RabbitWizard posted:

17:30:30 Xerol : use the woodlands on palm chopping
17:30:35 Xerol : and larch if you're moose

Jeeez all you had to do was ask guys.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Gonna take an extended break I put all my stuff in the gbank. Got contracted out to another company and I can't go on Amar there, and I don't get cell service in my office.

See you guys once my contract is over!

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Do you live at work? Or are you an all-or-nothing guy? I play at home and don't touch it during working hours.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

edit: nevermind I am a good employee who does not go off task.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Comic posted:

Do you live at work? Or are you an all-or-nothing guy? I play at home and don't touch it during working hours.

I was just playing at work, don't really touch the computer at home these days

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Do we have a "master list" of extensions somewhere? I'd like to be added to the Heart Island gardens for doing candle petals but I'm not even sure what our setup is there. I've been doing some "research" on the clothes making and it is much more worth our time for me to blow a bunch of +success up to 200% for sup drops so I'd like to be returning some goods to those since a single clothes run can go through a ton of them.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

new thread title please: 21:52:19 Kamaki: sal is a total twatwaffle.

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Amar goons XP v0.6.1

Save your own copy and play around with the numbers

0.6.1 - 2016-08-20
  • Added a few timers
  • Added level chart and updated cell W6 in the skill tabs (no more entering exp!)
  • Highlighted a few actions to denote skill progression for optimal exp

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

booze chat in game right now.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

neogeo0823 posted:

booze chat in game right now.

We aren't afraid of the hard-hitting topics

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

bmoon posted:

Amar goons XP v0.6.1

0.6.1 - 2016-08-20
  • Added a few timers
  • Added level chart and updated cell W6 in the skill tabs (no more entering exp!)

Added to OP. Also the OP could use a refresher but I'm extremely lazy and I think we still have that knowledge base gdoc so if anyone's put any work into that give me recommendations for things to put in the OP.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

In as virtueSA. Could I get a guild invite?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Virtue posted:

In as virtueSA. Could I get a guild invite?

You can! Press button in game.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cerepol is my ign. Could I join this exlcusive goon guild?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Cerepol posted:

Cerepol is my ign. Could I join this exlcusive goon guild?

Invited.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

bmoon posted:

Amar goons XP v0.6.1

0.6.1 - 2016-08-20
  • Added a few timers

I'm a little confused by one of my results here. I'm seeing how long to get gathering from where it is (level 37) to level 40 (target picked arbitrarily). I have a total timer of -12s, so my timer for arctic berry foraging is 51s. The spreadsheet seems to be claiming that I save no time whatsoever by having 20 timer - the results for both columns show the same number:

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Column E is missing the base timer. You have gathering 37 so the base timer would be 65.

whizperz
Jan 22, 2014
In as Favela Slim, didn't realize you guys had a guild already.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

whizperz posted:

In as Favela Slim, didn't realize you guys had a guild already.

poo poo if I knew you were a goon I would've had someone send you an invite

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

bmoon posted:

Amar goons XP v0.6.1

0.6.1 - 2016-08-20
  • Added a few timers

My salt rock timer is 20 and xp per action is 24. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean I'll get an action every 21 seconds, for 171 ish actions an hour and 4.1k xp per hour? I assume I've cocked up using the spreadsheet somewhere?

Also, gently caress this game's xp curve literally no-one needs any more salt, why is it by far the best thing to mine?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

We are the salt overlords. Salt level: 100%

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

MooCowlian posted:

My salt rock timer is 20 and xp per action is 24. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean I'll get an action every 21 seconds, for 171 ish actions an hour and 4.1k xp per hour? I assume I've cocked up using the spreadsheet somewhere?

Also, gently caress this game's xp curve literally no-one needs any more salt, why is it by far the best thing to mine?

Without buffs salt is the best activity for mining. Get buffs for minimum timer and move up to the next activity (See columns L and M).

Amar goons XP v0.6.2

0.6.2 - 2016-08-25
  • Added a few gathering timers
  • Modified formulas in columns I, K, M, and O in each skill tab. Original formula: =IF(G2="",0,(C2/(G2+1)*3600*(H2/100+(1-H2/100)/2))). Thanks MooCowlian

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Oh yeah, salt's definitely the best. We don't have 80k of the stuff for nothing.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

MooCowlian posted:

Counting down to 0 adds a second. So a 20 timer action takes 21 seconds.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

RabbitWizard posted:

Spreadsheet accounts for the +1 second if I remember correctly. Input what is displayed on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

RabbitWizard posted:

That's what I said?

The issue was that the spreadsheet was reporting a little over half the XP I ought to get given I was getting 24 xp every 21 seconds. I wanted to know if I was using the spreadsheets wrong or if the calculation was busted.