Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is there a way to get ESPN's rankings into a spreadsheet? I want to compare mine with theirs and figure out which players they over and undervalue or whatever.

e: in case anyone else was wondering, I just used this Google sheets command: https://eagereyes.org/data/scrape-tables-using-google-docs

fsif fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Mikey Purp posted:

I know I've asked you guys about this before, but as my draft draws closer I'm having second thoughts on my choices. Weird keeper system, but basically all you need to know is that every player is worth X points and I can keep up to 10 points worth of players for free. After 10 and up to 16, I have to sacrifice draft picks to acquire more points to accommodate (a 1st for 5 points, 2nd for 4, etc.). Here are my options, with current choices in bold. 12 teams, effective 2QB league (superflex), 0.5 PPR.

Eddie Lacy (7)
Brandin Cooks (6)
Dez Bryant (6)
Todd Gurley (5)
Keenan Allen (5)

Derek Carr (4)
Matt Jones (4)
DeVante Parker (4)
Danny Woodhead (2)
Stefon Diggs (2)
Jeremy Langford (2)
Michael Crabtree (2)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (2)

With these keepers I would give up a 4th. I also have a very good chance of having a top 3 pick in this draft, so I could potentially pass on a guy like Dez and redraft him if he's there in the first round. Now that I look at it, those 2 point players are basically equivalent to a 4th round pick after keeping Gurley and Allen...so I dunno if Woodhead is really worth a 4th. I'm probably overthinking this.

Woodhead isn't worth what basically is a 6th-7th rounder imo

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I just joined a 2 TE league. What, if anything, should I change about draft strategy? I usually stream TE's but I dunno if I want to end up with 2 Charles Clay-level players.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

blue squares posted:

Stick with the two 5's

Yup, I agree

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
Looking at a potential keeper for a 9th, need to choose between:

Dion Lewis, NE RB
Donte Moncrief Ind WR
John Brown Ari WR

10 man, 0 ppr, standard scoring

Thoughts? Leaning towards John Brown but Moncrief seems to be rated slightly higher, and who the hell knows about Dion Lewis?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

POTATO BLIGHT posted:

Dion Lewis, NE RB
Donte Moncrief Ind WR
John Brown Ari WR

Thoughts? Leaning towards John Brown but Moncrief seems to be rated slightly higher, and who the hell knows about Dion Lewis?

Moncrief

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

POTATO BLIGHT posted:

Dion Lewis, NE RB
Donte Moncrief Ind WR
John Brown Ari WR

Lewis has no timetable for returning from the PUP and Brown is a concussion away from eating out of a straw.

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
Alright, moncrief it is!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Marshall or Freeman. Probably Freeman. So much value.

RVProfootballer posted:

Really really depends on keeper rules. Does salary go up? What is the cap? If salary doesn't increase much, I could see taking Hopkins and planning on keeping him for 3-5 years. If it increases quite a bit, I'd much rather have Marshall at $10 this year (and maybe next, if he doesn't drop off by the end of this season). Freeman for $2 is crazy value, but assuming at least $200 budget, I'd probably take Marshall over him.

Veritek83 posted:

$200 budget? How many can you keep?

Sataere posted:

Need more information. First, how many keepers can you keep? Second, what is your salary cap?

- $200 budget, no increase
- Single keeper.
- If draft value was >$20, increase of 50% over previous year.
- If draft value was <$20, increase of 75% over previous year.
- I may select to keep them for a single year (cannot keep next year) on their original draft value.

One year cost is thus:
- Antonio Brown: $48
- DeAndre Hopkins: $26
- Brandon Marshall: $10
- Devonte Freeman: $2

Multiple year possiblity cost is thus:
- Antonio Brown: $72
- DeAndre Hopkins: $39
- Brandon Marshall: $18
- Devonte Freeman: $4

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I think Freeman has to be the choice with only 1 keeper for that value.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yeah, one keeper leagues, auction or regular draft, are basically just re-draft leagues, so your goal should be to just keep the player that offers the biggest discount from market value and then go from there

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AC shoulder sprain for Matt Jones, typically a multi-week injury.

Double down on your DJax/Garcon shares (and maybe Doctson if he ever gets on the practice field but ehhhh) because Washington's gonna be throwing a lot.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Benne posted:

AC shoulder sprain for Matt Jones, typically a multi-week injury.

Double down on your DJax/Garcon shares (and maybe Doctson if he ever gets on the practice field but ehhhh) because Washington's gonna be throwing a lot.

This sucks because now Matt Jones isn't there for someone else to waste a pick on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Boon posted:

- If draft value was >$20, increase of 50% over previous year.
- If draft value was <$20, increase of 75% over previous year.

Just as an aside, this is a flawed system and you should politely point out why to your commissioner and the other players.

Ignoring that it excludes players drafted at exactly $20, consider:

Player A was drafted at $22. His keeper cost is $33.
Player B was drafted at $21. His keeper cost is $31 (or $32 if you always round up, or $31.21 if you use pennies.)
Player C was drafted at $19. His keeper cost is $33 (or $34 if you always round up, or $33.25 if you use pennies.)
Player D was drafted at $18. His keeper cost is $32 (or $31.5 if you use pennies.)

As you can see, there's a dip right around the $20 mark that makes it so you're actually better off paying $21 for a player that you will keep than paying $18 or $19 (or possibly $20) for that player.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

With LeVeon only missing 3 games now do I keep him in the 3rd or CJ Anderson in the 18th? Non ppr and neither can be kept after this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

With LeVeon only missing 3 games now do I keep him in the 3rd or CJ Anderson in the 18th? Non ppr and neither can be kept after this year.

I'm not a huge fan of Anderson but I really like that value.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
In a league with 6 pts for passing, receiving, rushing td, 1 PPR and picking 14th is there any reason I should take a QB? Or should I go with RB/WR WR/WR depending on best available or grab Gronk and a WR if possible. Last year Rodgers, Luck, Brees, Manning, Ryan, Big Ben, Romo and Stafford were all off the board before my second round pick. I ended up with Wilson. Last year I won in spite of Wilson killing me the first half of the season. I'm wondering if Cam or Rogers falls to me (they wont) if I should take them.

Its 1 RB 1 WR with a Flex

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 20, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Mr. McGibblets posted:

In a league with 6 pts for passing, receiving, rushing td, 1 PPR and picking 14th is there any reason I should take a QB? Or should I go with RB/WR WR/WR depending on best available or grab Gronk and a WR if possible. Last year Rodgers, Luck, Brees, Manning, Ryan, Big Ben, Romo and Stafford were all off the board before my second round pick. I ended up with Wilson. Last year I won in spite of Wilson killing me the first half of the season. I'm wondering if Cam or Rogers falls to me (they wont) if I should take them.

Its 1 RB 1 WR with a Flex

No. Do not draft a qb in the first 100 picks in a 1qb league.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Just a heads up that the all IDP league is back this year and the new thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787157

Im not sure how many people are coming back from last year but we'd like to hit 14 players again so check it out if you're down for something different.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Papes posted:

But it's a 1 RB, 1WR, 1 flex, making RBs and WRs less valuable AND its 6 pt passing TDs. I don't think I would take a first round QB but they are definitely ranked way higher in this format.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

MrSargent posted:

But it's a 1 RB, 1WR, 1 flex, making RBs and WRs less valuable AND its 6 pt passing TDs. I don't think I would take a first round QB but they are definitely ranked way higher in this format.

Its also -4 per interception so I'm worried I"m gonna get stuck with Cutler or something. I guess I'll have to see how it plays out. Actually maybe I hold off grab a Cutler tier guy and pick up Brady in a later round that could work.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 20, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Man. That is a doozy of a rule set. I'd still most likely go best available WR or RB first, with an edge towards WR. Same through the first 3 or 4 rounds, then try to grab Bortles, Eli or Rivers in the mid rounds.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I see Lamar Miller pretty high up on ADP but I've been burnt on him before. Is Houston just much more likely to actually give him a decent amount of carries? In a keeper league right now where the 2 keeper picks just replace the first two draft picks, and wondering if I should definitely hold on to him as my 2nd round keeper (12 man league).

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Zerilan posted:

I see Lamar Miller pretty high up on ADP but I've been burnt on him before. Is Houston just much more likely to actually give him a decent amount of carries? In a keeper league right now where the 2 keeper picks just replace the first two draft picks, and wondering if I should definitely hold on to him as my 2nd round keeper (12 man league).

Well he's going from the 32nd ranked team in terms of rushing attempts to the 5th ranked team in rushing attempts from last season. Even then he still finished as the 5th ranked RB in ppr leagues last season. All signs point way up for him tbh.

atm he's going late 1st/early 2nd fwiw.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Its also -4 per interception so I'm worried I"m gonna get stuck with Cutler or something. I guess I'll have to see how it plays out. Actually maybe I hold off grab a Cutler tier guy and pick up Brady in a later round that could work.

I dunno, Rodgers in the 3rd seems pretty good in that league

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Papes posted:

What's the reasoning for this? Last year in my standard scoring 14 person league the drop off between the top performing QBs and the mid tier ones you can get after 7th/8th round ADP was more than 100 points. I think I'm going three WRs in a row this year but after that I'd definitely want a 4th round QB over some of the other HB/TE options there.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

RVProfootballer posted:

I dunno, Rodgers in the 3rd seems pretty good in that league

Just knowing my league there is no chance in hell Aaron or Cam aren't picked by the second round. Last year Rogers went #1 overall. I feel like it would be a safer bet taking Rogers with my pick than an AJ Green Type receiver I'll probably be stuck with at 14/15. Rogers/Gronk or Gronk/Green,Bryant,Robinson type.

I really don't like picking 14th this year.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 20, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Just knowing my league there is no chance in hell Aaron or Cam aren't picked by the second round. Last year Rogers went #1 overall.

Just saw the -4 int scoring. Do not draft Eli. Target Wilson again in the late 1st early 2nd? Some other slightly later QBs to consider: Brees, Big Ben, Cousins (if you believe the second half of last season was real), Rivers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

Just saw the -4 int scoring. Do not draft Eli. Target Wilson again in the late 1st early 2nd? Some other slightly later QBs to consider: Brees, Big Ben, Cousins (if you believe the second half of last season was real), Rivers.

Yeah, Wilson or Brees would be my next targets after Rodgers, and I don't think taking one at the 1st/2nd turn would be too crazy

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/767057882470686720

Mike Gillislee seems entrenched as the backup in in BUF now with Jonathan Williams reduced to a long-term upside play. If Karlos loses the weight, he could easily look good in a workout for another team so he's still on my dynasty radar as a REALLY cheap buy low option but likely one not worth caring about.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiptoes posted:

Mike Gillislee seems entrenched as the backup in in BUF now with Jonathan Williams reduced to a long-term upside play. If Karlos loses the weight, he could easily look good in a workout for another team so he's still on my dynasty radar as a REALLY cheap buy low option but likely one not worth caring about.

I obviously chose the wrong keeper two months ago

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tiptoes posted:

I'm sure the fat sack of poo poo who got cut for being a fat sack of poo poo will totally stop being a fat sack of poo poo and learn a brand-new playbook in time for the season. Assuming he even finds employment. In Week 5, because he has a four-game suspension.

BUY LOW

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I said DYNASTY, fool. There's no redraft value here but if he loses the weight over months then looks spry in a workout, I could easily see him catching on with another team and having an offseason to learn a new offense. Similar to when LeGarrette Blount flamed out with the Bucs and then caught on with the Pats and fit what they wanted to do.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Blount is by far the exception to the rule.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

ben was third in the league in picks last year despite missing 4 games

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tajae Sharpe y'all

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Benne posted:

Tajae Sharpe y'all

He's killing it. Targeted 3 of first 4 offensive plays the Titans ran. Now let's shut up about him!

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I remember reading some frightening stuff about Williams' concussions last season. Perhaps they freaked him out enough that his heart isn't in the game anymore.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I'm changing my league to FAAB this year on ESPN. Do I want continuous or not? I'm not really sure of the implications in terms of what is the most fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Tajae Sharpe y'all

Is going to be good

• Locked thread