Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Is this where we also post our awful Kickstarter ideas? Cause I need a business partner for a piece of something you put in your pocket, so when you sit with your legs up, you can put your phone on it, and not have your phone slide down your leg.

I'm thinking we could charge something like a hundred, a hundred and fifty USD for it. Put in a backup battery for your phone, Bluetooth and twittering, and we can clear a couple million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

have you tried a piece of tape

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I will sell my lovely and beautiful hair to finance this idea.

TBF, I could definitely see watch chains making a comeback, given a need and the whole Victorian steampunk trend. Also, it worked with wallets that had less money in them than your phone costs now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’ll be adopted by the wrong sort of people and consigned to the fedora rack.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

They’ll be adopted by the wrong sort of people and consigned to the fedora rack.

Those people are gullible schmucks who will pay too much to look "classy" tho.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Make the phone chain double as a charger and you've struck gold.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A solar panel-encrusted phone-chain so it charges the phone as you do things outside!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That'd need to be a stretch goal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Make the phone chain double as a charger and you've struck gold.

:stare:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Have you ever been playing a board game and thought 'dice are just too elegant and useful, how can we make them clunky and stupid'? Well now there's dice coins for when you need a dice but want to use a spinning top :pwn:

How does it work, you ask? Well, each dice coin has a molded knob on the bottom like so:

So you spin your dice coin and then stop it (at random. No cheating now!) with your finger and the number next to your finger is the result of the spin:

:psyboom:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This looks a lot like a custom coin game someone was trying to KS some time ago.

e: yep

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

quote:

The common side of the coin has a knob molded into the metal. Players use one or two hands to spin the coin like a top. Once the coin is spinning at full speed (which just takes a second), the player puts their finger at the bottom of the coin and stops it.

The result is the number displayed in the first visible sector to the left of the player's finger. A sector is considered visible if you can completely see both of the sector lines surrounding the number. It is that simple.

quote:

It is that simple.

As opposed to rolling a die, which involves throwing it and looking at it.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Even for the kickstarter thread this one is special.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The base concept is already awful so this seems like nitpicking but the 8-4-9-5-10 side is significantly higher value than the 3-7-2-6-1 side. A MUCH better layout would be 5-7-3-9-1-10-2-8-4-6.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Remember those cyoa books where the dice rolling was simulated by a page full of numbers and you had to close your eyes and tap your pencil down and then check what you hit?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Remember those cyoa books where the dice rolling was simulated by a page full of numbers and you had to close your eyes and tap your pencil down and then check what you hit?

That was only meant to be used if you didn't have a d10 lying around. (Assuming you're talking about Lone Wolf, anyway.)

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

That was only meant to be used if you didn't have a d10 lying around. (Assuming you're talking about Lone Wolf, anyway.)

Lone Wolf, thats the one. Thanks.
Or if you werent sitting at home, like on the bus or something.
Still a better system than these retard coins.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

cyberia posted:

Have you ever been playing a board game and thought 'dice are just too elegant and useful, how can we make them clunky and stupid'? Well now there's dice coins for when you need a dice but want to use a spinning top :pwn:

I run an RPG (yes I am a nerd) that requires every player to have two D10s on hand to make a roll of 1-100.
If any of them used this stupid poo poo it would take literally ten times longer to resolve every action.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Quote-Unquote posted:

I run an RPG (yes I am a nerd) that requires every player to have two D10s on hand to make a roll of 1-100.
If any of them used this stupid poo poo it would take literally ten times longer to resolve every action.

sounds like you just need a c100 (coin-100)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Yolomon Wayne posted:

sounds like you just need a c100 (coin-100)

a steel disc the size of a dinner plate with a lovely painting of fantasy warrior #391 or a burlesque witch that you whirl around on the table at ridiculous speed, toppling the GM partition and scattering the character sheets

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

And gamers like dice. If gamers didn't like dice they'd just use a phone app. Even as like a backup die that you can keep in your pocket- you already have a phone.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

a steel disc the size of a dinner plate with a lovely painting of fantasy warrior #391 or a burlesque witch that you whirl around on the table at ridiculous speed, toppling the GM partition and scattering the character sheets

bonus points if you file its edge into jagged spikes.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
An RPG that uses BeyBlades for conflict resolution? Count me in!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's like chess, if you can't win by playing by the rules you can always bean your opponent with the pieces.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cyberia posted:

How does it work, you ask? Well, each dice coin has a molded knob on the bottom like so:

So you spin your dice coin and then stop it (at random. No cheating now!) with your finger and the number next to your finger is the result of the spin:

:psyboom:

Great, so they're making a metal version of the spinner from Life, except dumber

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

cyberia posted:

But the image has a guy with s spear pointing at one of the numbers. Clearly that's better than "put your finger down, no cheating!"

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

But the image has a guy with s spear pointing at one of the numbers. Clearly that's better than "put your finger down, no cheating!"

The picture is fixed i suppose, so it would always point at the same number?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'm glad to see sexy yet ineffective armor on dudes for once.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The picture is fixed i suppose, so it would always point at the same number?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I'll setup the kickstarter and be the ideas guy for the art work.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Quote-Unquote posted:

I'll setup the kickstarter and be the ideas guy for the art work.

haha people would buy it

it's horrible

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another Retsupurae discovery. None of the Engrish at the start can prepare you for the render reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbhatkcMglQ

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Haha that's dildos

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Catching up on the thread and just read about the grass seat:

Maera Sior posted:

Have a chair made of grass: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/254144236/terra-growing-furniture
Actually, don't have the chair, just have the cardboard for the frame. You still need to provide the dirt and grass.

People have been building sod mounds for tens of thousands of years. Creating sod furniture is a pretty standard gardening technique, just pile up some dirt and sprinkle it with seeds or roll some turf over it if you're in a hurry:

http://www.hort.cornell.edu/livingsculpture/turf_sod/sod_sofa.htm

But you've gotta admire these guys charging €195+ for something that people have been doing for free for pretty much the entire history of civilization.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:17 on Aug 20, 2016

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1253665084/zero-breeze-the-worlds-coolest-portable-air-condit?ref=category

"Portable, Smart, Multifunctional Air Conditioner that includes a bluetooth speaker, a night light, and a smartphone charging station."

Exactly what I'm looking for in an A/C.

e: quality:

gschmidl has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Aug 20, 2016

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

please kickstart my wifi enabled microwave featuring internet connectivity, a smartwatch cradle, and wheels so that you can drive it around like an RC car

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
That is actually sort of cool though since it's not like a window AC unit. It is like all the comfort technology luxury items I could think of for something like a casual camping trip with some friends or to party out in the boonies put into a single package to offset the size of the AC unit (obviously it isn't for serious hikes or anything like that)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I have one of those.

It’s called a “car”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
yes, let me just park my honda inside my tent to light my way out to take a piss and charge my phone