Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Keep climbing back up on that hill, guy. It's definitely worth dying on. For sure.

Picnic Princess posted:

I don't think he knows what a hill is, because that would require gaining knowledge about the natural world.

Haha yeah exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Anyone who's taken college-level liberal arts should be able to tell that SuperMechaGodzilla is for real.

I'm an English major who went to a liberal arts school over-interpreting everything is what I do for fun. Only problem is, this site has a bunch of STEMlords who can only enjoy themselves If they're doing math or arguing about phone OSes or interpreting the most obvious metaphors in kids movies at face value.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
As a fellow English major, I find SMG-style "how far can I push this?" readings annoying at best, let alone when the person doubles down on them without any sense of perspective (on an ostensible comedy site).

On the other hand, bullshit like this always makes me smile, so maybe I'm just a terrible English major:

Smythe posted:

LOVE long pubes! Love to make a big snort and pull them into my sinuses. Like to feel them wrap around the boogers and yank on them when im sucking cock. then, when the load comes and blows me back - the hairs rip them boogies right out like a tooth to a string to a doorknob.

Smythe posted:

i like to stretch my balls out with fish hooks and bungee cords behind my rear end and dump into them like sardines falling onto a tarp

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sham bam bamina! posted:

As a fellow English major, I find SMG-style "how far can I push this?" readings annoying at best, let alone when the person doubles down on them without any sense of perspective (on an ostensible comedy site).

On the other hand, bullshit like this always makes me smile, so maybe I'm just a terrible English major:

we would have gotten along in english pretty well i think :frog::respek::unsmith:

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
You know, any old shitposter can start a derail. But SMG can derail threads in completely different subforums without even posting in them. It's like some sort of idiot savant autistic superpower.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Axeman Jim posted:

You know, any old shitposter can start a derail. But SMG can derail threads in completely different subforums without even posting in them. It's like some sort of idiot savant autistic superpower.

Isn't creative interpretation the opposite of autism?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Count Chocula posted:

Isn't creative interpretation the opposite of autism?

You'd think so, but in my experience, no. It's all autism, all the way down.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Autism takes many forms and all of them are annoying

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I believe 50 Foot Ant is now named Nostalgia4ColdWar? I'm not sure he posts anywhere other than GiP at this point, which is probably for the best.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I liked 50FA stories. :smith:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So do I, but apparently they aren't true so they aren't allowed.

Unlike slobbering on SMGs knob, which is totally different because:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Hey as a current English major you gotta remember that most of the English canon began with Chaucer writing sex jokes

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My main complaint about them was how pretty much every time his character says anything, he either "snarl"s or "growl"s it and is super over the top badass. The earlier stuff was pretty OK, at least in subject matter if not writing quality, but devolved quickly into poo poo walls of text that made reading those threads a chore.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

don't all GBS superstar stories end up with them eventually being written as a super cool badass?

they all start out as some (arguably) funny stories and then they end as masturbatory wish fulfillment

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

FlyinPingu posted:

don't all GBS superstar stories end up with them eventually being written as a super cool badass?

they all start out as some (arguably) funny stories and then they end as masturbatory wish fulfillment

My favorite ones were always the ones about people's wacky insane and possibly dangerous co-workers fictitious or not since half the time the narrator was either trying to be the voice of reason, or just making GBS threads their pants thinking they were going to die. But yeah a lot of them the narrator would inevitably start like, kicking people's asses and intimidating bikers and poo poo while all the hot women would hit on them.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

FlyinPingu posted:

Spuchuu and Angry Bee Dance epitomized this trend.

Spuchuu posted:

Last year, I had to get somewhere fast. I know most of the shortcuts, so I opened a door and started climbing stairs. There's a security guy there saying "You can't go here." He was sitting in a chair and didn't bother to move to get in my way.

I stared flatly at him, showed him my badge (which had my name, photo and title) and said, "Can you read this? It means I'm more important than you. Stay out of my way." I hate being like that, but you have to be a dick to other staffers if you want something done at some of these cons.

Angry Bee Dance posted:

I look around, and no one else is there. I'm hoping my invisible friends have my back. This guy's got 6 inches and at least 50 pounds on me.

"Okay, sunshine," I imagine I said this with an obvious tone of disdain in my voice, "you've got about 12 seconds to get your lanky rear end in the room, or there's gonna be consequences."
"Like loving what, you little oval office?" I'm starting to get annoyed at this point.
"Well, put it this way: Room or gutter. Take your pick, dick head."
"You think you can take me! ME?! Little fucker, do you know who I am?!"

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Thin Privilege posted:

Oh my god what are you people talking about? Finger binary? It makes no sense to me :psyduck:

Slime posted:

It's a digital counting method.

Keru posted:

Ugh, kids today can't even do analog fingering anymore...

ashnjack posted:

Now it's all digital fingering :haw:

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Is that why it's such a cold, smooth form of sexual interaction?

sinking belle posted:

Haha nice,, but what if it was analog, tho?

Mak0rz posted:

Analog fingering is warmer.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

plus there are tubes

Hardcordion posted:

A digital fingering is nice, analog fingering is a good way to get splinters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are you sure?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Some of the stories were entertaining, and part of the entertainment were the goons who believed that the stories were true and protected his honour and part of the entertainment was the autist brigade who got really mad when people liked stories which were made up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but who was the goon that would tell stories about him jump kicking burglers and stopping robberies? He would always take off his sunglasses and say "Let's do this," or something and then make fun of the responding cops. Those stoies were all hilarious and I loved them.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Some were pretty decent. But i felt at some point they got so prestigious thatbonce they started posting stories in a thread, they scared off other people from sharing whack rear end stories. Who wants to post about weird poo poo hapoening to them when the entire thread would rather have more 50fta?
Or, at least, thats just what some old archived threada feel like upon rereading them. At least two old ghost story threads were killed off with 50fta posts.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
All 50FA stories are the goddamn same, same tone, same self-satisfied protagonist, same lovely twists, the goddamn same.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VanSandman posted:

All 50FA stories are the goddamn same, same tone, same self-satisfied protagonist, same lovely twists, the goddamn same.
On the other hand, his wife sure was pregnant!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

50FA and Adaptive Systems are two story goons that I will never understand the love for, but at least every time I see the Adaptive Systems nonsense story about farting angels stealing boats from time because war is bad, it gives me a laugh

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but who was the goon that would tell stories about him jump kicking burglers and stopping robberies? He would always take off his sunglasses and say "Let's do this," or something and then make fun of the responding cops. Those stoies were all hilarious and I loved them.

"mjq jazz bar", I believe. Would dig them up for you, but I'm posting from a lovely phone.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The only good story is Heebie-GBS building his own record

Infrateal posted:

Yeah sorry im late i just got back from the hospital... no im fine, i had to take heebs-g. uh-huh. yeaaaaah. like this:

So im talkin to heebs about this and that and i mention ive been listenin to Cuban Linx 2 and he gets all excited and says "you know wha? I just finished an album myself!" and i was like, whoa, i didn't know you did... music? and he said "yeah bro yeah! i make raps!" and im thinking oh my god and he says "i was gonna wait till friday to let it drop but if you wanna come over i can give you a sneak peak" and im thinking oh my god i gotta hear this

so we drive over to his place and on the way im asking him about his raps and all and he starts doing these unbefuckinglievable freestyles, with like 5-second pauses between words and his eyebrows all knit together like he cracking codes, but they sounded like this:

"i got a grill so big if i were a dragon i could cook hot dogs on it/
i call my friends bro not dogg, dog gone it/
whenever anyone tries to rag me on it/
i tell them theyre dillwads and to stuff a wad of rags in it"

and im doing my best to look real serious while hes mean-muggin and FINALLY we get to his house and he goes in this back room and i hear all this thrashing around and im thinking, poo poo does he actually have boxes of cds back there, is he unpacking things, what's going on and finally i hear him yell "hey come give me a hand with this" so i go back there and he's got this... oh my god. this thing:

as far as i can tell its like a kiddy pool, but covered in aluminum foil. and like theres all these holes in it, with barcode stickers... from everything man. cut-out barcodes from frosted flakes taped in. in the holes. hundreds of them. and i realize he doesnt have boxes of cds, he MADE HIS OWN ALBUM, like, out of stuff. like he understands that cds are shiny and digital but beyond that... im not gonna try and figure this out man but just take my word for it, he was proud as poo poo of this thing

ok so it wasnt going to fit through the door, so he said he'd show it to me "in the studio," which was this lovely room covered in foil scraps and tapewads and like answering machines from 1994, and i said "but i can see it real good man" and he laughs and pulls out this laser pointer and says "bro. you need to HEAR it!" and then he gets this double-handed grip on the laser pointer right, juts out his tongue and aims and shoots the laser. and he starts moving the laser dot real slow and careful like in a circle, around the "cd". and im thinking oh my god he actually thinks this will make sound somehow. he thinks hes gonna make raps come out of that thing. and he starts moving the laser faster and faster and gets this look, man, like this horror shock, like wile e. coyote trying to run in midair.

and i tell him--im about to bust a gut trying not to laugh at his arts-and-crafts cargo cult poo poo--i tell him real gentle "hey man youre an innovator. you made the album, you can make a way to play it" and then i left and loving cracked up

but then that night like 12:30 am i get this call, from heebs number but hes not on the phone, i hear this wheezin, then finally i hear heebs real weak saying "bro... bro... the cd... can't breathe" so i rush over there and hes, ok, hes in his bedroom, theres a huge hole in the ceiling, the ceiling fan is on top of the cd, and the cds on top of heebs... he loving tried to duck tape his cd to a ceiling fan so it would spin. and it all fell on him and broke two ribs.

i couldnt keep myself from laughing... and hes laying there all covered in plaster wheezing at me all angry like "fuhhc hayooo bbro" and its makin me laugh even harder. i felt kinda bad for encouraging him but man... what was he thinking

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Wedemeyer posted:

Some were pretty decent. But i felt at some point they got so prestigious thatbonce they started posting stories in a thread, they scared off other people from sharing whack rear end stories. Who wants to post about weird poo poo hapoening to them when the entire thread would rather have more 50fta?
Or, at least, thats just what some old archived threada feel like upon rereading them. At least two old ghost story threads were killed off with 50fta posts.

I don't think the problem ever was that the thread wanted more 50 ft ant (they were going to get it either way), it's that the multiple walls of text every page would cause people to just speed scroll through and miss everyone else's posts assuming it was either more of the story or people reacting and being all "omg so spooky" in response to them.

The thing I never got about those threads is how so many goons were like "you should put all these together and sell it as a book". They even did it with that goonbumps thing or whatever. Why would you buy a book when you could just hit the question mark next to that posters name in the thread?

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Those are the ultimate hustler stories: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post452402761

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

For like 3 years worth of stories she was pregnant. Kid gonna graduate while he's in there

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

VanSandman posted:

Was he the one who (supposedly) had a blind friend who kept having his stick stolen, so he rigged it to give a shock to anybody who touched it without permission? I remember that thread being fairly entertaining, whether or not the stories were true, but once the thread got popular, the OP suddenly changed up his writing style abruptly. Up to then, his writing was basically standard message board posts, somebody relating a story from memory, but then he randomly decided to write it more like a traditional short-story. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except instead of continuing to tell crazy/entertaining stories about him and the friend, suddenly it was about how the friend was fretting and wishing he was as cool and confident as the OP, and the OP telling him "Hey, you *are* cool" (in many more words), while meeting up with a couple of lady friends and going arm-in-arm into the sunset. The change was so jarring, and worse, the story was BORING. It's like he completely misunderstood why people loved the stories in the first place (and, strangely, I found the earlier stories about the crazy hijinks more believable than the wistful crap he wrote towards the end)

Going back to SMG, does anybody have his take-down of Duke Nukem Forever? I'm not a fan of SMG, but that post was spot-on.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I thought some of his stories in the old "Best"/"Worst"/"Notable" tabletop experience threads were nice. I don't really care that they were all bullshit. I was really more annoyed with people getting into stupid arguments as to whether they were real or not. It's stories on the Internet, you shouldn't take them as Holy Writ. :shrug:

It's not like I'd bother hunting for them now or anything.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

50FA and Adaptive Systems are two story goons that I will never understand the love for, but at least every time I see the Adaptive Systems nonsense story about farting angels stealing boats from time because war is bad, it gives me a laugh

It's some fairly solid surrealist writing - though the boats and time one about war is probably the least weird of the bunch. It's supposed to be nonsense, but it's definitely a marmite-style thing.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lenoon posted:

It's some fairly solid surrealist writing - though the boats and time one about war is probably the least weird of the bunch. It's supposed to be nonsense, but it's definitely a marmite-style thing.

That was a horrifying post about his wife doing rounds as a combat medic. About half way through I scrolled up to see who posted it and breathed a huge sigh of relief when I discovered it was a 50ft ant story

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

PBS Newshour posted:

The only good story is Heebie-GBS building his own record

I remember crying laughing the first time I read this. :haw:

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

So hot, so pregnant.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I thought some of his stories in the old "Best"/"Worst"/"Notable" tabletop experience threads were nice. I don't really care that they were all bullshit. I was really more annoyed with people getting into stupid arguments as to whether they were real or not. It's stories on the Internet, you shouldn't take them as Holy Writ. :shrug:

It's not like I'd bother hunting for them now or anything.

Yeah, his tabletop stories were probably the best ones that I had read (and I'm sure I only read a few) because they seemed the closest to "likely to be true" territory. Like, instead of him being some military badass, or not speaking until middle school, here were stories about awful people playing D&D with him that really weren't any worse than some goons, so it's fully possible that he played with a fat, racist, cheater who everyone hated except the guy who owned the store they played in, who antagonized him enough to get him to beat his rear end.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Eh! Frank posted:

Was he the one who (supposedly) had a blind friend who kept having his stick stolen, so he rigged it to give a shock to anybody who touched it without permission? I remember that thread being fairly entertaining, whether or not the stories were true, but once the thread got popular, the OP suddenly changed up his writing style abruptly. Up to then, his writing was basically standard message board posts, somebody relating a story from memory, but then he randomly decided to write it more like a traditional short-story. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except instead of continuing to tell crazy/entertaining stories about him and the friend, suddenly it was about how the friend was fretting and wishing he was as cool and confident as the OP, and the OP telling him "Hey, you *are* cool" (in many more words), while meeting up with a couple of lady friends and going arm-in-arm into the sunset. The change was so jarring, and worse, the story was BORING. It's like he completely misunderstood why people loved the stories in the first place (and, strangely, I found the earlier stories about the crazy hijinks more believable than the wistful crap he wrote towards the end)

Nope that was Humper-Monkey. The same dude with the stepson (nephew? long lost actual son? forgot) who was schizophrenic or something and thought he was a super saiyan. A lot of people thought he and 50FA were the same guy posting under different accounts.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

Nope that was Humper-Monkey. The same dude with the stepson (nephew? long lost actual son? forgot) who was schizophrenic or something and thought he was a super saiyan. A lot of people thought he and 50FA were the same guy posting under different accounts.

I liked the part where he was a distressingly overbearing father who raised his kids like they were in bootcamp

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

One of the best was the (French Canadian?) guy years ago (like 2004) with the 'special' brother who would instantly vomit if he saw soup or something and tried to have sex with birds(?) because the ms paints along with it were just hilarious. I'm sure i have some saved that I'll dig up when I'm not phone psoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Sex Hobbit posted:

I was about to ask if 50FA was the Humper-Monkey guy. I remember that whole nephew story and thinking it was cool when I was a super hip and cool 16 year old.