Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Aramek posted:

You say you want a leader, but you can't make up your mind, I think you better close it, and let me guide you to the Templar rain.

If we had membership awards, I'd vote for Aramek as Best Goon (that doesnt really have a nice ring to it, does it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Aramek posted:

Blademaster's Mauve is just metallic and purple enough for me.

This is still the best drat thing. I'm gonna have to step up my game with my mix and match clusterfuck armors.

Also agree with Val Ara for Best Goon.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp the idiot loving carebears found out about the addons that let you see what loot your group gets.

Expecting that to get patched out within a week or so :fuckoff:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Were those uh, "secret" add-ons?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
No? I downloaded mine straight from Minion. I love my group loot add-on!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Were those uh, "secret" add-ons?

Uh, no? These addons have been around publicly for a long time.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

That's what I mean, what's the issue?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

That's what I mean, what's the issue?

Zenimax just introduced BoP trading. YOU figure it out.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 19, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Nah, if anything I think that makes it way easier to trade, now seeing what all dropped.

I mean, bitches are gonna bitch about someone getting a Divines light Kena and they didn't, but they always have bitched.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Hello new goons. Reminder: there is a lot of stuff in the Guild Bank. I just stuffed it with weapons, armor, and motifs. Help yourself. Also, if you want to cook - PLEASE TAKE RECIPES!

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Bonapartisan posted:

Hello new goons. Reminder: there is a lot of stuff in the Guild Bank. I just stuffed it with weapons, armor, and motifs. Help yourself. Also, if you want to cook - PLEASE TAKE RECIPES!

Also, take glyphs made by other people, deconstruct them, then make your own glyphs and deposit those. You get way more skill gain from deconstructing other peoples' glyphs than from your own, and it gives you something to actually do with runes while leveling.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

reddit posted:

Dungeon overhaul. Dungeons will now be separated by story. This means that for instance banished cells normal will now get a banished cells veteran on the story of normal, and vet will get a normal version with the story of vet. This applies to ALL vanilla dungeons. So yes, that means VET vaults of madness etc etc.
-About 30 new monstermasks will be added to the game. Insane! (Although I migt be a little off on this nr)
-The pledge system will get a total overhaul. I know the details, but they didn't want me to reveal it yet. All I can say is that people without dlc wont be missing out on pledges anymore.
-No more alliance sepparation in pve.
-Scaling in all zones and areas.
-Complete craglorn rework. It can now be done solo or with a group of up to four people.
-Crown store random boxes that can drop previously limited mounts and other stuff.
-Old AA and Hel Ra sets are coming back.
This is ALL basegame patch and will not cost crowns or require a sub.

TR is next patch.

Devs were apparently asking people what was their favorite Great House.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 20, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That Dungeon Overhaul is the stupidest loving way to cop out of continuing the story of each dungeon.

Also lol @ Crown Loot boxes, that's certainly going to go over well. Inb4 BIS endgame gear comes in those boxes.

E: just heard they corrected that number to 17 new Undaunted sets.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 20, 2016

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Scyantific posted:

That Dungeon Overhaul is the stupidest loving way to cop out of continuing the story of each dungeon.

Also lol @ Crown Loot boxes, that's certainly going to go over well. Inb4 BIS endgame gear comes in those boxes.

E: just heard they corrected that number to 17 new Undaunted sets.

Yeah, for how much Reddit is getting excited about this, the main thing I'm interested in is the Craglorn rework, because it'll be nice to finally -do- Craglorn.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

quote:

Dungeon overhaul. Dungeons will now be separated by story. This means that for instance banished cells normal will now get a banished cells veteran on the story of normal, and vet will get a normal version with the story of vet. This applies to ALL vanilla dungeons. So yes, that means VET vaults of madness etc etc.

well okay, a lot of games already kind of do that but hopefully we'll eventually get act 2 to some of these dungeons

quote:

-About 30 new monstermasks will be added to the game. Insane! (Although I migt be a little off on this nr)

cool

quote:

-The pledge system will get a total overhaul. I know the details, but they didn't want me to reveal it yet. All I can say is that people without dlc wont be missing out on pledges anymore.

i feel like this sounds like they'll be introducing a "reputation" system or something

quote:

-No more alliance sepparation in pve.
-Complete craglorn rework. It can now be done solo or with a group of up to four people.

great

quote:

-Crown store random boxes that can drop previously limited mounts and other stuff.

oh nooooooooooooo

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Don't worry, we're not totally doomed until you start getting the boxes as random drops and have to buy keys from the store.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Roadie posted:

Don't worry, we're not totally doomed until you start getting the boxes as random drops and have to buy keys from the store.

I just started this game and im still trying to figure most of it out, but i really like it.

I really hope they don't do this.

Orv
May 4, 2011
We're happy to announce we've sold the rights for The Elder Scrolls Online to Perfect World Entertainment!

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Orv posted:

We're happy to announce we've sold the rights for The Elder Scrolls Online to Perfect World Entertainment!

Fortunately, ZOS management doesn't want to get literally murdered by their current playerbase.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Orv posted:

me IRL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGc-iPc-9dE&t=8s

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Fun fact: No one expects the magicka templar to charge in and use Dawnbreaker of Smiting on a group. It is fun and cool and good and hilarious.

Got like 40 killing blows with it during tonight's Azura's Star (the fun campaign) raid.

P.S.: Orv there's a funny little message on your roster slot in DR that says "Orv's computer broke, 8/12 - Dutch"

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'll get on for DR Saturday shenanigans, I've been too busy enjoying other games with a decent framerate. :ssh:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Azura's is getting fun as hell now. Pop-locked tonight and the AP was bountiful, especially from the AD side.

Fun story: I killed a dude in PvP and crouched on him to stealth up (I did not teabag him), and he started sending me the saltiest hate-tells I have ever seen. So I went and sent him 200 Natural Waters with the message "Have some water, you're very salty right now."

Never got them back :haw:

Sporks you need to get your rear end back in here and come PvP with us.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well I'm glad DR saw the light and kept doing regular Azura's, I wasn't looking forward to getting more CP so I wasn't a giant bitch every time we went to another campaign.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Aramek posted:

Nah, if anything I think that makes it way easier to trade, now seeing what all dropped.

I mean, bitches are gonna bitch about someone getting a Divines light Kena and they didn't, but they always have bitched.

yeah is someone going to get a drop and not want to trade it and someone gets really mad, or something, and that's why they're going to take it away? i don't really get it as it's not like this is a novel thing

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Rookersh posted:

Hey look you can play all the areas on your own schedule instead of missing out on two-thirds of the content. Time to necro a year-old post to show how I've been right all along! :smuggo:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I'm happy with the changes to Craglorn because I tend to play when there's almost no-one on (yay eurotime) and like to actually read the flavour text so being able to solo all of it is great.
Not so happy with the Group Dungeons change since the two-part storyline helped make them more distinct (aside from the added difficulty).

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Today I met a Khajit made of plastic...

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

"This one does not like the rain."

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Aramek posted:

"This one does not like the rain."

This one also thinks that the dye patch introduced a really interesting bug.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Phone posting cuz drat my internet is screwed up. Can't even get back in now. Sorry ennuid and Pluto :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Awwwww yeaahhhh dueling coming to PvE land time to stomp all over you scrubs with my superior sperginess.

Also, Weapon Ultimates.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Do people actually join the mumble ever? Just curious.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

People founs mumble to be "too complicated" so we switched to a Discord server courtesy of ennuid/tgieday.

I really should post that info in the OP.

Auryn54
Mar 15, 2004

I'm still a lowly(lvl 22) newb(playing for about 1-2 weeks) and a bit of a solo'er and a lot of this stuff seems way above my head right now, but I would like an invite to the guild. I am @fluxus54

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Auryn54 posted:

I'm still a lowly(lvl 22) newb(playing for about 1-2 weeks) and a bit of a solo'er and a lot of this stuff seems way above my head right now, but I would like an invite to the guild. I am @fluxus54

As another newb, I can confirm that the guild is cool and good and full of chill people.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So at this current stage what is tanking like? Most dungeons involve myself getting dog pilled at a healer. Are lfg tanks just that miserable? Should i swap my templar from healer to tank? Is one more needed than the other in end game stuff?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Moochewmoo posted:

So at this current stage what is tanking like? Most dungeons involve myself getting dog pilled at a healer. Are lfg tanks just that miserable? Should i swap my templar from healer to tank? Is one more needed than the other in end game stuff?

I feel like every instance I do with LFG is my dps magplar standing in a rune, spamming jabs, being invincible and killing everything while a DK with a shield sometimes taunts one thing off of me for a second.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Yeah. Either tanking is super hard or everyone dicks it up real bad. But I'm sort of just spamming random poo poo as a healer so whatever. I cant figure out what I should be doing skills wise.

Everything i read has people with like rank 50 everything and thats very far off for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Current Stamplar PvP build (for Mikhailo):

• Locked thread