Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

THAT POOR WOMAN

Agreed, unfortunate, a hyperbolic response to a victimless faux pas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you seem upset

i only have so much care in my heart, and i'll spare none but a pittance for the poster so weak he has to umad

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
so is it the racism that y'all or defending, or her girlness, just curious

no actually im not really curious

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Klyith posted:

i only have so much care in my heart, and i'll spare none but a pittance for the poster so weak he has to umad

if we hadn't already done this coversation to death, zombie undeath, and finally dessicated skeleton :shrug:

gently caress justine sacco right in her dumb ~just kidding~ rear end

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

I'm Crap posted:

please post contact details for your job (if any) itt so someone can show them all of your well-considered right-on posting of the bad n-word with a hard r and see what they say about it

just like Jeb Lund, you just know this loser's online history was nothing but slurs when he was a teenager all of 3 years ago, before he realized he couldn't continue being an online bully in 201x without adopting the correct "progressive" stance

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Is it the racism you're attacking or her girlness, just curious?

Also how do you define racism? Didn't you say the n-word up there, aren't you kind of being a hypocrite

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Flesh Forge posted:

Ahahahaha I'm glad all you nerds were still itching do defend Justine Sacco for being ~harassed~

THAT POOR WOMAN
not really, i'm just saying you're a completely gutless worm but you imagine yourself a big brave hero which is lol

Internaut! posted:

just like Jeb Lund, you just know this loser's online history was nothing but slurs when he was a teenager all of 3 years ago, before he realized he couldn't continue being an online bully in 201x without adopting the correct "progressive" stance
ya also this

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

niggers have aids lol

drat, dude, that's pretty racist.

Welp, time to harass you till you die in a gutter. It's the Just Thing to do.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

The issue is you don't understand the difference between racism and a racist joke. You think because she made an unfunny joke about the AIDS crisis in Africa that makes her a racist, I don't. My friends sometimes make gay jokes, does that mean that they're all horrible homophobes who secretly hate me? We grew up telling Jew jokes and Polak jokes, and Italian jokes and yes, black jokes too and somehow most of us managed not to become horrible racists. She hosed up that she posted it on Twitter without protecting it, but she thought she was talking to her friends because that's the only people she thought were following her. Your smarmy self righteous pearl clutching is despicable worthless garbage that does nothing to address actual racism and the problems it causes and is also the reason people run screaming from leftism these days and terms like Social Justice and feminism have become slurs. But its all about validating your feelings of moral superiority isn't it?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Well this thread went down the shitter. Much like Gawker. :munch:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

A Pale Horse posted:

The issue is you don't understand the difference between racism and a racist joke. You think because she made an unfunny joke about the AIDS crisis in Africa that makes her a racist, I don't. My friends sometimes make gay jokes, does that mean that they're all horrible homophobes who secretly hate me? We grew up telling Jew jokes and Polak jokes, and Italian jokes and yes, black jokes too and somehow most of us managed not to become horrible racists. She hosed up that she posted it on Twitter without protecting it, but she thought she was talking to her friends because that's the only people she thought were following her. Your smarmy self righteous pearl clutching is despicable worthless garbage that does nothing to address actual racism and the problems it causes and is also the reason people run screaming from leftism these days and terms like Social Justice and feminism have become slurs. But its all about validating your feelings of moral superiority isn't it?

we all rode our bikes ithout helmets and drank from the hoze and rode in the back of the pickup and we didn't die SHARE IF YOU AGREE

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

Typical alt-right. Always tripping over themselves in their eagerness to defend women.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

if you're being legit then ill say her timeline had a history of ironic jokes that had nothing to do with racism so by just taking 5 minutes to review that would show her "joke" was in the same fashion. so no, i don't think a poor/bad joke without context makes her an immediate racist and she did not deserve all of that bullshit. if anything, she took that poo poo in stride and showed everyone how much better of a person she is than they are because she was able to forgive, let it go, and move on

context matters

also, lot of studies on social media and mob mentality by PhDs in business and sociology all say that justine sacco did nothing wrong besides tweet a poorly worded joke that was taken out of context and that she is clearly not a racist, so there's that

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
it's always sad when irrelevant web pages shut down.

they should live on and remind us all what once was.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rambling Robot posted:

it's always sad when irrelevant web pages shut down.

they should live on and remind us all what once was.

fortunately we have the Internet Archive

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah sam biddle sure was the bad guy in that scenario

he really was, its not subjective

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shouldn't the hulkster have been punished for being really bad at sex.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

Ahahahaha I'm glad all you nerds were still itching do defend Justine Sacco for being ~harassed~

THAT POOR WOMAN

What do those tilly keystrokes signify?

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crowsbeak posted:

So everyone defending Gawker for doing this to Hulk. What are your thoughts about the Fappening?

That was completely different.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Just close your eyes hahaha

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I choose to believe Peter Thiel is a thin skinned rear end in a top hat. I also choose to believe that gawker is/was an amoral site that shouldn't have posted some of the stuff it has.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
jeb lund and sam biddle are good journalists with lots of ideas and insight

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

I guess now might be a good time to continue never having visited Gawker once in my life.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

shouldn't the hulkster have been punished for being really bad at sex.

I mean, in all fairness the full video was 30 minutes long

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also the whole "this legitimizes frivolous fund-draining lawsuits" argument ignores that these are done to people who cannot defend against them; without Hogan's case each of those lawsuits would have ended with Thiel paying the defense fees.

So yeah, all this has done is uphold the troubling precedent that you shouldn't gently caress up your court defense out of smug faith in freeman-esque beliefs.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

drat, dude, that's pretty racist.

Welp, time to harass you till you die in a gutter. It's the Just Thing to do.

how brave of you lol

fight the power bro

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

I mean, in all fairness the full video was 30 minutes long

HE DID IT 30 TIMES!?!

:vince:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

happyhippy posted:

HE DID IT 30 TIMES!?!

:vince:

imagine fist of the northstar but instead of punches it was dick thrusts

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I hate yankees posted:

also, lot of studies on social media and mob mentality by PhDs in business and sociology all say that justine sacco did nothing wrong besides tweet a poorly worded joke that was taken out of context and that she is clearly not a racist, so there's that

landing in south africa, a lady types a paraphrase of "lol niggers have aids" - "clearly not really racist!!"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

if you feel there is any meaningful difference between what she typed, and what I typed, then you are part of the problem friend and you will be first against the wall

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

"lol niggers have aids

hosed up man, why do you keep saying this

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
"Ironic racism is the same as unironic racism. Except when it has reprecussions beyond our petty flamewar."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

So everyone defending Gawker for doing this to Hulk. What are your thoughts about the Fappening?
gawker handled that in the most gawker way possible- chastising everyone who published nudes while also publishing a few pictures themselves. but it's ok when they do it because they're the good politics people

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

hosed up man, why do you keep saying this

You realize you're proving my point a lot more than proving your own :shrug:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

flesh forge, i'd say you'd fit in well at gawker, but, well

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Flesh forge has a modicum of talent outside internet arguing, so idk about that

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

EorayMel posted:

Well this thread went down the shitter. Much like Gawker. :munch:

Goons really aren't that different from the shitlords over at Gawker. The latter just dwell in their expensive NYC offices instead of their moms' basements.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Seriously, people are still trying to white knight (lol) Justine Sacco? :wtc:

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Internaut! posted:

http://fredrikdeboer.com/2016/06/14/if-i-wait-by-the-river-long-enough/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gamer With Dignity posted:

That was completely different.

I dunno if you saw it because it was pretty late last night but I asked you a question upthread and I am genuinely interested in your answer

• Locked thread