Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

ShadowedFlames posted:

Mercury and Jupiter.

Because I blame Sailor Business for me now thinking they are a couple.

Chris Sims! :argh:

Wait they aren't? And I really should listen to some business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Venus and Jupiter because they have the highest amount of comedic back and forth and are typically the silliest.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Nahh Jupiter has so much more screentime with Venus than she does Mercury, one dance versus like at least three or more entire episodes of them playing off one another.

Mercury's in love with the burger.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 20, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Chibi-moon and Saturn because they're best friends :3:

Wait, crap, didn't realize Chibi-moon is mandatory.

Mercury and Neptune because they're Team Water.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 20, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Jupiter and Mercury

Your favorite sailor, and everyone else's favorite sailor. Fair compromise.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Nomadic Scholar posted:

This is their duet on the Sailor Moon Crystal soundtrack, so, uh.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Pluto and Saturn because if Chibi-Moon is leading the party, of course she'd bring those two along.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Venus and Mars, because with the manga & anime timelines crossed one wishes to be the leader and the other wants her boyfriend, but they're both actually gay for her. The tsundere is strong in these two.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Saturn and Pluto because they're both Chibiusa's homegirls.

I mean if I was a little girl and I had to go on a mission to save my mommy I know I would want to bring along my best friend and my babysitter. Especially if my babysitter can stop time and my best friend is a God of death and destruction.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I mean if I was a little girl and I had to go on a mission to save my mommy I know I would want to bring along my best friend and my babysitter.

You know, I never realized how true this is before reading your post. And it gave me an idea.

(I firmly refuse to apologize for this.)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

a cartoon duck posted:

please do not make fun of Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber it is a powerful and majestic attack

For the record I am a very large fan of (manga) Tuxedo Mask, but I'm also aware I'm a minority here.

Pizdec posted:

I kinda wish you'd include more of the cutscenes though. The broken translation is half the fun. For the audience at least, not for you.

I debated transcribing the Beryl scene in this way but nothing this update particularly stood out as funny nonsense, just "huh?" nonsense, and so many of the scenes were about 4-7 lines long that I just went "let's summarize".

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 20, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Jupiter and Mars because they are swole, because a huge chunk of goons already want Saturn and Pluto, and because the game has made you choose between "schadenfreude" and "actually beating the game before the Moon Kingdom is reborn".

Also because it's the one pairing that nobody ever goes for. It's the Spanish Inquisition of Sailor Moon ships.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
You should take Sailor Mercury and me, because we are destined to be together. (In this, I will be played by Sailor Jupiter, as I am also strong and beautiful and perfect.)

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Mikl posted:

You know, I never realized how true this is before reading your post. And it gave me an idea.

Now I can't unsee this.

Does Jupiter play Thor?

An aside: gently caress stage 21 of the Ami event. I'm through 25 hearts and I still can't clear the drat thing.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I'm gonna cast my votes for my favorite girls: Jupiter and Mars

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Mercury and Mars because they were around for more of Moon's adventures than any of the others.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Well, we just flew to the moon and played among the stars, the only logical choice must be Jupiter and Mars.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ShadowedFlames posted:

An aside: gently caress stage 21 of the Ami event. I'm through 25 hearts and I still can't clear the drat thing.

This but Stage 12, I don't even really want ami all that badly but gently caress if this game doesn't make me want to get her solely to spite it for stonewalling me so early.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mikl posted:

Why would you ever WANT to apologize for this?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Jupiter and Mercury
Best characters in the live action series (which is the one I most remember).

RMZXAnarchy posted:

This but Stage 12, I don't even really want ami all that badly but gently caress if this game doesn't make me want to get her solely to spite it for stonewalling me so early.

I'm in the same stage and the worst thing is that I read a guide in reddit that classified it as difficulty "Standard". :negative:

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

grandalt posted:

To be fair to Demade, he only tried to do the time paradox thing after he had to kill his brother who was mind-controlled by Death Phantom and then found out that he couldn't kill Death Phantom because Death Phantom was a planet.

Mercury and Jupiter, because of a wonderful dance they shared.

This because of the Sailor Business Podcast. :v:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

kefkafloyd posted:

Well, we just flew to the moon and played among the stars, the only logical choice must be Jupiter and Mars.

I want to vote for two other girls, but I'm a sucker for song lyrics.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I found this thread too late to talk about Japan. The thread has moved beyond all the girls dreaming about being demure housewives but you know what gently caress it.

It always astounds me that stuff like Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena came out of Japan. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for it. Baby Bi me desperately needed this poo poo. We all needed it. And to be honest I have no idea how they got away with it. I presume because Profit trumps Prudishness? I suspect independent doujinshi got really popular and so the Japanese Media just jumped on that poo poo. But that's just a theory of mine. In America iin the 80s and 90s if you tried to push Media with gay relationships that poo poo would just not happen... but it happened in Japan and Japan is also pretty stuffy (to put it lightly.)

It also kinda has a known problem with women. Women who get married are often laid off/fired because it is assumed they're going to start popping out babies and it is generally accepted in a patriarchal society that a woman's job is to stay at home and raise the babies while their husbands work themselves to death. It is very problematic and girls are taught that they should want this poo poo. That it is the ideal ultimate achievement and society kinda poops on them if they don't fall in line.

However, the last couple generations of women in Japan have started to say gently caress that poo poo and responded by committing entirely to their work, often avoiding marriage/relationships which has lead to its own problems. But I digress. I honestly interpret these "happily ever after" scenarios being actually nightmares that are killing the girls as a bit of social commentary. Like the creator is just taking the piss out on this toxic bullshit.

And that's my poo poo post about poo poo that happened forever ago, thanks.

Anyway I'm really enjoying this LP and I'm learning a lot about the Sailor Moon series so thank you very much.

Edit: also Mercury and Pluto.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I'm going to say Venus and Pluto because I'm just imagining them having this weird buddy cop relationship where Venus is trying to make bad time puns, and Pluto is either completely stoic and ignoring them, or using her time powers to beat Venus to the punch every time. Like Agents J and K from Men in Black.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

drat, how did the first place reach that score?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

gmq posted:

In the top leaderboards for literally any mobile game, there are two options.

1) Whaling
2) Hacking

One is far more likely than the other.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Pure goddamn luck is sometimes a factor too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mikl posted:

There is absolutely no need to apologize for this, it's actually a perfect summary of Sailor Pluto's job.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If I luck out and get a color change next to a disco ball my score tends to up by like 10-30k.
Ex (from the rei event):

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Jenner posted:

It always astounds me that stuff like Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena came out of Japan. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for it. Baby Bi me desperately needed this poo poo. We all needed it. And to be honest I have no idea how they got away with it. I presume because Profit trumps Prudishness? I suspect independent doujinshi got really popular and so the Japanese Media just jumped on that poo poo. But that's just a theory of mine. In America iin the 80s and 90s if you tried to push Media with gay relationships that poo poo would just not happen... but it happened in Japan and Japan is also pretty stuffy (to put it lightly.)

It also kinda has a known problem with women. Women who get married are often laid off/fired because it is assumed they're going to start popping out babies and it is generally accepted in a patriarchal society that a woman's job is to stay at home and raise the babies while their husbands work themselves to death. It is very problematic and girls are taught that they should want this poo poo. That it is the ideal ultimate achievement and society kinda poops on them if they don't fall in line.

However, the last couple generations of women in Japan have started to say gently caress that poo poo and responded by committing entirely to their work, often avoiding marriage/relationships which has lead to its own problems. But I digress. I honestly interpret these "happily ever after" scenarios being actually nightmares that are killing the girls as a bit of social commentary. Like the creator is just taking the piss out on this toxic bullshit.
It goes without saying that that's all true, but I'm not super comfortable talking about a country as a single unified and conscious actor like that. It comes across as a little nationalistic, and more importantly, it lets individual sexist shitheads - who exist in every country in the world - hide behind the excuse that "That's just how we do it here" instead of taking personal responsibility for their actions.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

gmq posted:

Some of us are just very good at this game. Cyouni is one of the only people consistently crushing me, but even I've got a 30k lead on third place on my scoreboard.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

gmq posted:

That is me. I have absolutely no idea because I don't remember what happened on that stage.

It is not unlikely that I comboed some paintballs with barrel bombs and the thing just kept comboing to death. Or something. That might have also been one of the ones I managed to disco + stripe really early to clear it and got a ton of Luna Bonuses as a result.

Given the stage, it's also not impossible I got my way down to the bottom left very quickly and managed to get a stripe and bomb together to wipe the three hard-to-get crystals.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 21, 2016

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

In the top leaderboards for literally any mobile game, there are two options.

1) Whaling
2) Hacking

One is far more likely than the other.

with this game I wish I could hack it.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

RMZXAnarchy posted:

with this game I wish I could hack it.

Have you seen stage 26 yet? gently caress that stage. You need 50 red, 40 green, 40 yellows, but the bottom right section of the board is blocked by a vertical line of prisons alternating with rose prisons, and a 4x3 block of triple-bound plates. If you don't have a ton of luck and don't manage to break into it early you're dead in the water because you have no space to strategize in.

I just tossed 10 hearts at it and only got a single 1* completion out of it. And there's nothing I could do about it since it kept re-randomizing the board because no matches.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Cyouni posted:

Have you seen stage 26 yet? gently caress that stage. You need 50 red, 40 green, 40 yellows, but the bottom right section of the board is blocked by a vertical line of prisons alternating with rose prisons, and a 4x3 block of triple-bound plates. If you don't have a ton of luck and don't manage to break into it early you're dead in the water because you have no space to strategize in.

I just tossed 10 hearts at it and only got a single 1* completion out of it. And there's nothing I could do about it since it kept re-randomizing the board because no matches.

Ugh, i've been stuck on stage 12 and haven't had any time to get at the game today. After the last few times its dicked me with 1-2 barriers left but they're completely walled off by garbage pieces that don't match, typically with 10 moves left and I'll waste eight of them just getting the right pieces in location only for it to drop something else and waste my shot before I can take it.

Honestly I just wish it was actually skill/speed and had me do more Race Against Time stages since I seem to be the best at those.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Ugh, i've been stuck on stage 12 and haven't had any time to get at the game today. After the last few times its dicked me with 1-2 barriers left but they're completely walled off by garbage pieces that don't match, typically with 10 moves left and I'll waste eight of them just getting the right pieces in location only for it to drop something else and waste my shot before I can take it.

Honestly I just wish it was actually skill/speed and had me do more Race Against Time stages since I seem to be the best at those.

I should probably go back and do stage 12 again to try for that last star because anything's better than more 26. I think 30's the harder version of 12, and that's the only other one I have 1 star on.

My favourite ones are probably Look for Luna and maybe Silver Crystals because those generally are nicer in how they let you control the board. The Accessories ones in this event are pretty good too.

I'm just sick of stuff like this:

And that was a good board that let me clear it with 1 move left.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

FractalSandwich posted:

It goes without saying that that's all true, but I'm not super comfortable talking about a country as a single unified and conscious actor like that. It comes across as a little nationalistic, and more importantly, it lets individual sexist shitheads - who exist in every country in the world - hide behind the excuse that "That's just how we do it here" instead of taking personal responsibility for their actions.

True enough. The culture and the whole are very different. Here's hoping the Japanese youth start voting eventually, that would be nice.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Cyouni posted:

I should probably go back and do stage 12 again to try for that last star because anything's better than more 26. I think 30's the harder version of 12, and that's the only other one I have 1 star on.

My favourite ones are probably Look for Luna and maybe Silver Crystals because those generally are nicer in how they let you control the board. The Accessories ones in this event are pretty good too.

I'm just sick of stuff like this:

And that was a good board that let me clear it with 1 move left.

Any chance you can post some tips? I never played Candy Crash so this is my first time playing a match-3 game that isn't Bejeweled (and that was like 10 years ago).

Also please add me goons, I need hearts because I suck. Code: ww8b95fc6.

sstrickl
Feb 16, 2011

gmq posted:

Added, and repeating the plea with my own code: wwb3fa589.

Brerose
Jun 10, 2016
Because I've seen no one do it yet, Uranus and Neptune. Was that not obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

gmq posted:

Any chance you can post some tips? I never played Candy Crash so this is my first time playing a match-3 game that isn't Bejeweled (and that was like 10 years ago).

Most of my match-3ing experience has been with Puzzles and Dragons, which is a very different game. As such, I have no idea how accurate any tips I might give are.

What I generally do with boards is focus priorities. Generally it goes something like: combine special orbs > get special orbs (stripe, popper, etc.) > clear hard-to-get barriers > free up more space > floor requirements > general matching. Reason why I do this is because combining special orbs is the best for orb efficiency, so that's the most important thing to me. Everything else is just to make that easier.
The easiest one to get that's still somewhat efficient is combining a stripe and a popper, which gets the best board clearage (+ on 3 rows/columns). Sure, if you can combo a disco or paint with a stripe it's better, but that's a lot harder to make, especially given you can't move a disco or paint once they're created. I don't remember what disco + paint did, since I've only seen it once, but I don't recall being too impressed by it.
Barriers in difficult corners are annoying to get at and you should break them ASAP every time you have a chance, this being the one exception to my flow. Freeing up more space (by breaking jails and blocking plates) lets you get better options on controlling where the board flows to, and more chances at cascading combos. Everything else should be self-explanatory.

The general advice is work from the top down since that's less likely to affect your bottom board setup, but sometimes that's not quite efficient enough. If you've got nothing at the top that helps to accomplish one of your goals, skip it and move on to the bottom so that you can shift the top around a bit.

In most situations, you'll want to aim for cascading combos (combos that fall into more combos) to get more chances to clear orbs. This isn't something that comes up as often since board control isn't as easy as PAD, but it's more planning for where the new orbs will fall once you clear a match.

Unless it's a Race for Time, don't be afraid to carefully look over your board. There are too many times I've made a swap and midway realized there was a better one that'd create a special orb, or one that'd drop into a cascade. There's no time limit, so don't feel the need to rush it.

Last, if your board's clogged and you don't think you can clear it, make sure you make moves that make matches impossible so that you can get the board shuffled faster.

• Locked thread