Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AAB posted:

Hmmm I don't think going after VA gov's is the right move Donald. Especially lying about what they did

VA governors are weirdly popular - Terry Mac is least popular gov in over a decade despite +20 approval rating
https://twitter.com/PostPolls/status/767029727026491392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

rear end cobra posted:

Is this one also boring?

If he isn't being sensational, then Trump is the most boring person on the planet.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lastgirl posted:

you need to post more, seriously. Miss your posts

i still dabble

work and life are getting in the way of my posting regimen

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
TeleTrumpter is the biggest disappointment of 2016, what a waste

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

rear end cobra posted:

Yeah this Trump sucks, and is also more racist thanks to Brietbart.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NewsInTheBurg/status/767127900021719041

well before the speech ended

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

I doubt it will last long, bad polling will convince him to go back to his old ways.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im worried manafort took the charts back to moscow with him

pls tell me the charts are safe, paul

we're weeks away from potempkin rallies performed to empty rooms with the waiting masses outside convinced that the room is packed.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

VA governors are weirdly popular - Terry Mac is least popular gov in over a decade despite +20 approval rating

TMac, like others, literally invites the general public to have a VA craft beer at the gov mansion

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

rear end cobra posted:

I'm concerned because teleprompter Trump is way less evil sounding and he could recover in his polls and have a shot at winning.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So funny how trump is wasting campaign time in a state he has almost zero chance of winning.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

shiksa posted:

im worried manafort took the charts back to moscow with him

pls tell me the charts are safe, paul

we're weeks away from potempkin rallies performed to empty rooms with the waiting masses outside convinced that the room is packed.

Meltdown-Trump w/ charts was the absolute peak vintage.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-SPAM › TRUMP 2016: You will be treated humanely, so what have you got to lose?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm concerned because teleprompter Trump is way less evil sounding and he could recover in his polls and have a shot at winning.

he's also boring and boring is death to trump. maybe not the campaign, but the man himself.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nitrousoxide posted:

At this point if all he's doing is talking to Hannity and reading a teleprompter, he's got no chance. The debates are going to be a disaster, everything he's said that's been unscripted this week is a complete joke.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Brain Curry posted:

I'm the guy in blue who has sweat so much it looks like he went swimming in his shirt.

Husky man is wigu all grown up

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Beltway Snoozer Strikes Fredericksburg

Lastgirl posted:

its like you get me :love:

Step outside and we can discuss bricolage and Derrida over some gluten-free muffins? :heysexy:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The rest of his campaign stops this month are in MS and TX, only one visit to Ohio.

Glad that he seems to get basic strategy behind winning a presidential election.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

C-SPAM > TRUMP 2016: Home of the Huskyman

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Donald Trump is dead to me.

:rip: loud dumb jowly weird hair man

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

GobiasIndustries posted:

At this point if all he's doing is talking to Hannity and reading a teleprompter, he's got no chance. The debates are going to be a disaster, everything he's said that's been unscripted this week is a complete joke.

It's unclear whether he is mentally able to prepare for a debate. If Conway can sway him to try it will be the first time he's prepared for them, he's pretty good with facts figures for his property unveilings.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
U can discuss derrida but im gonna deride ya if u do

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Oiled and Ready posted:

It's unclear whether he is mentally able to prepare for a debate. If Conway can sway him to try it will be the first time he's prepared for them, he's pretty good with facts figures for his property unveilings.

I'm guessing they'll go the Sarah Palin prep route: try and get him to memorize ten answers to anticipated questions and tell him to use one of the answers even if the question isn't anticipated.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

etalian posted:

The rest of his campaign stops this month are in MS and TX, only one visit to Ohio.

Glad that he seems to get basic strategy behind winning a presidential election.

Maybe he knows he's going to lose so he's just going to places he'll get big crowds that will make him feel good.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i have to be honest this pivot is making me nervous

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

babypolis posted:

I'm not anymore. If he's not saying anything outrageous he's dying. He's like a shark swimming through a sea of insults and bigotry. Either he's on a leash and nobody cares, or he's saying something offensive and alienating more people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

babypolis posted:

Being able to tone down his nature, is not getting to cancel out his various personality defects and complete cluelessness on the campaign organization side.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

babypolis posted:

Trump has 2 modes, either he's shouting that a man of Mexican heritage is part of the evil Mexican hivemind that seeks to thwart him, or he's boring and reading off a teleprompter and constantly saying his actual plans will come 'soon'.

So which exactly worries you here?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump thinks acting like Lil' Marco Rubio will improve his prospects.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Swedgin posted:

I'm guessing they'll go the Sarah Palin prep route: try and get him to memorize ten answers to anticipated questions and tell him to use one of the answers even if the question isn't anticipated.

I'm still angry at how transparent a conjob that was. She could have snuck in some non-sequitur pivots to rehearsed lines like everyone else, but nope, she introduced herself and said she'd sometimes be disregarding tough questions and instead answer her own questions because the gotcha journalist moderators were crooked.

MadJackal fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 21, 2016

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

babypolis posted:

if it happened right at the start of the RNC it would potentially have been scary. right now even if he keeps this up he loses by 8 and he won't keep this up (because as soon as the polls don't move or even if a single +C outlier comes out he's going full Breitbart)

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

MadJackal posted:

I'm still angry at how transparent a conjob that was. She could have snuck in some non-sequitur pivots to rehearsed lines like everyone else, but nope, she introduced herself and said she'd sometimes be answering disregarding tough questions and instead answer her own questions because the gotcha journalist moderators were crooked.

i still love how the original "gotcha journalism" question was actually a total softball

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pinterest Mom posted:

all that approval and no national campaign for james "honest jim" gilmore

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Oh comon you were all cheering Palin when she "won" the debate in game change.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

AAB posted:

he also doesnt own his whinery

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

babypolis posted:

I'm betting that when/if polls don't move much he's gonna explode. Being on script 24/7 must drive him insane tbh.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

palin was one of the buckets used to hold the bobcat cum before it was dumped into the big barrel

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homework Explainer posted:

all that approval and no national campaign for james "honest jim" gilmore

He was in the primary and it was very sad.

• Locked thread