Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sweet hen dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

... a rubbery egg with no actual shell.

In Stardew Valley these would be laid by rubber chickens with no actual feathers

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Zephyrine posted:

No it can be both but you can sell the colour chicken you don't want and so get more white chickens. The advantage being that eggs stack better as small/big single colour eggs.

Motherfucker.

I bought two chickens, both brown. Hatched two chickens, both brown. Saw a large white egg in the travel cart, figured AH that's how it is done, and then lost it. It took me so many weeks to get another egg from the cart. Finally got that fuckin shipping achievement and my chickens.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i see right through you, chicken racist

I prefer the term Poultrygeist

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i see right through you, chicken racist

Koop Kluck Klan

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

CronoGamer posted:

Koop Kluck Klan

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

This is why I married Sebastian even if he says a lot of really stupid poo poo:

for no reason whatsoever he added this wallpaper to the house overnight

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

*Marylin Manson thumping in the background*
"Do you like it? I made it special..."

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

"Do you like it, honey? It's a print called 'Make this Marriage Work or Else'"

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I married Elliott in my second farm so I didn't have to adopt, and what a mistake. He is terrified I'll shave his head and keeps changing my floors. I'm sorry, Abigail! I miss you! If I give him a bunch of poo poo he hates, will he leave?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Speaking as someone who puts up wallpaper for a living. Sebastian should know that you stop at the edge of the cabinets and then paint above the cabinets because kitchen activities stain the wallpaper.

I am however very impressed with how he got around that window above the stove and even managed a small slice above them and then kept going without losing even a centimetre of the pattern.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

presumably he also managed to move a chest containing close to a thousand head-sized stones

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I feel like Sebastian has enough hobbies to encompass two villagers.

Nerdy gamer
Serious face programmer
Biker
Band member

All the while living in his mothers basement. Also he could he even afford a motorcycle and not his own place to live?

If he was dreaming of one day owning a motorcycle to travel the country then I could accept that. But not only does he have one. He also has a workshop to work on it in.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm not too sure how hard it would be to get a house in SV. Penny, Leah and Elliot are off the grid, but that's a choice.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm not too sure how hard it would be to get a house in SV. Penny, Leah and Elliot are off the grid, but that's a choice.

His mother could build one :eng101:

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

All the while living in his mothers basement. Also he could he even afford a motorcycle and not his own place to live?

Those stairs go down? I always thought it was the attic.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Sono posted:

Those stairs go down? I always thought it was the attic.

Are there windows? I never checked. I just assumed basement because it feels like a basement.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

If he was dreaming of one day owning a motorcycle to travel the country then I could accept that. But not only does he have one. He also has a workshop to work on it in.
motorcycles are NOT expensive. i could go grab the absolute most dick-extending, mid-life-crisis-ing harley cruising cycle right now and it would cost me like $15k, tops, and that's if i paid sticker and didn't do some basic things like shopping in winter when people were desperate to hit sales quotas, doing basic research on the internet, etc. in terms of homes, that sort of money qualifies as 'a sizable down payment' unless you're talking about crack-filled ratholes.

you can get an older bike that requires some love for a couple thousand no sweat - maybe even 500, depending on how eager the seller is to be rid of it. it's nothing compared to having your own place to live, and buying a part or two to rehab it will set you back maybe 1 or 2 hundred bucks at a time. the reason more people don't have motorcycles is because they compete hotly with chainsaws for 'piece of consumer machinery that is most likely to loving kill you,' not because they are expensive or luxurious.

also, 'a workshop'? do you actually mean 'a shed, which is also used by a working carpenter and a botanist engaged in daily field work'? it's honestly not that big of a deal to get a little empty space to work on a project like that as long as you've got a place to stash it when you're not hacking on it - real life hackerspaces do this all the time with way more people than robin's family. sebastian probably needs a couple of tools that his folks wouldn't reasonably have (a hex spanner set comes immediately to mind) but again, it's nothing terribly expensive. motorcycles are not hugely complicated machines.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
15k isn't a lot of money?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

15k isn't a lot of money?

read the post

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh oops, I have poor reading comprehension.

Sebastian works as a programmer, right? Considering that he never leaves his room to work, he's probably the most financial stable alongside Harvey.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

he specifically says he's a freelancer, which basically means "when i'm working i rock at 50-70 bucks an hour or so, but lol @ the idea of consistently working 40 hours a week" (source: i'm a programmer and have lived that life)

still, probably better off than penny, eliott, and leah.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Maybe it's just me living in a country where a drivers licence for a motorcycle is like... $5000 and the insurance on a motorcycle for someone who just got the card around 3000-4000$ a year.

Also looking at his bike I'm going to say that it's probably not in the $500 range.

Looks more like a bike in the $15.000-$20.000 range.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Coolguye posted:

the reason more people don't have motorcycles is because they compete hotly with chainsaws for 'piece of consumer machinery that is most likely to loving kill you,' not because they are expensive or luxurious.

So the obvious question is: Where can I find the most dick-extending, mid-life-crisis-ing chainsaw? Asking for a friend.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Coolguye posted:

he specifically says he's a freelancer, which basically means "when i'm working i rock at 50-70 bucks an hour or so, but lol @ the idea of consistently working 40 hours a week" (source: i'm a programmer and have lived that life)

still, probably better off than penny, eliott, and leah.

Seth works at the JojaMart :smithicide:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Zephyrine posted:

I feel like Sebastian has enough hobbies to encompass two villagers.

One of his standard morning lines to me after he waters my crops (nice try, Sebastian, they're all set to sprinklers hon) is that he also wants to start "eating hot peppers and working out" so he doesn't become "soft." Too many hobbies. Also, if he brought his bike along with him I have no idea where he stashed it and - this is probably true of all spouses - I've yet to see him interact with his room so I guess he dropped all his coding work? I feel really bad, actually, because it looks like his life is now: wake up before me sometimes, water plants, stand in kitchen or on porch waiting for me to wake up, greet me, stand there, stand there, stand there, maybe take a walk, go to bed at 10:00.

His room before was a basement room, yah, cuz he'd always say he wished he had windows or whatever.

His whole thing about the bike was also using it to go visit the city and he also just told me he has no real interest in going to the city anymore. gently caress. I feel extremely bad for the dude right now, I think I ruined his life by marrying him. Can't wait to have a kid so I can ruin it some more.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 20, 2016

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Zephyrine posted:

Maybe it's just me living in a country where a drivers licence for a motorcycle is like... $5000 and the insurance on a motorcycle for someone who just got the card around 3000-4000$ a year.

Also looking at his bike I'm going to say that it's probably not in the $500 range.

Looks more like a bike in the $15.000-$20.000 range.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/mcy/5735964868.html

I don't know much about bikes, but you could get something that looks like that for relatively inexpensive.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Reason posted:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/mcy/5735964868.html

I don't know much about bikes, but you could get something that looks like that for relatively inexpensive.

That's not even close to the same bike.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

One of his standard morning lines to me after he waters my crops (nice try, Sebastian, they're all set to sprinklers hon) is that he also wants to start "eating hot peppers and working out" so he doesn't become "soft." Too many hobbies. Also, if he brought his bike along with him I have no idea where he stashed it and - this is probably true of all spouses - I've yet to see him interact with his room so I guess he dropped all his coding work? I feel really bad, actually, because it looks like his life is now: wake up before me sometimes, water plants, stand in kitchen or on porch waiting for me to wake up, greet me, stand there, stand there, stand there, maybe take a walk, go to bed at 10:00.

His room before was a basement room, yah, cuz he'd always say he wished he had windows or whatever.

His whole thing about the bike was also using it to go visit the city and he also just told me he has no real interest in going to the city anymore. gently caress. I feel extremely bad for the dude right now, I think I ruined his life by marrying him. Can't wait to have a kid so I can ruin it some more.

If you visit his old place all his stuff is still there. I feel like he's not taking the relationship very seriously when he has a parachute living space. I want him to put his whole life with me. So that if he ever cheats on me. I can pile it all on the lawn and burn it. Including that bike he never lets me ride (I get to ride a horse and the freaking bus).

Oh yes go ahead and call the cops Sebastian. I'm the largest grain producer on the continent. I own the police just as surely as I own this town and your emo rear end.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 20, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

idk what pocket dimension you are living in, but this is a higher-end cruising motorcycle from Honda right now

http://powersports.honda.com/2016/fury.aspx

it looks better than sebastian's in basically every conceivable way - the one in game is a pretty modest bike and is most definitely not a cruiser, which is basically the highest class of motorcycle out there in terms of cost.

and even then a 2016 Fury, brand new, full sticker price, is 10k. you could probably get it for 8 or maybe even 7 if you went in january, when people are sucking wind at sales. and that's BRAND NEW. if you got a 2015 with 20k miles on it they'd be lucky to bilk you out of 5k. more likely it would go for higher 3k or low 4k. and that is just one year out. it's only gonna get cheaper the older the bike is.

i mean i don't ride a ton of bikes so i am not gonna even pretend to be an expert on all things motorcycle, but seriously holmes you have no goddamn idea what you are talking about here.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Well it has two wheels so it's either a motorcycle or a moped as far as my knowledge goes. I'll just take your word for it that it's a motorcycle.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Coolguye posted:

it looks better than sebastian's in basically every conceivable way
yeah sebastian's bike is really low res

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

If Sebastian and I have a baby will it be a cool emo baby or nah

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Clearly the correct choice is to marry a superior Emo: Penny.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Poil posted:

So the obvious question is: Where can I find the most dick-extending, mid-life-crisis-ing chainsaw? Asking for a friend.

i'd like to find the most dick-ing, mid-life-crisis-extending chainsaw

also what does elliott do for a living i never really spoke to him. i know leah paints leafs or w/e and that beach guy sells his rear end to sailors but idk what captain kickflip does for money while his best buddy earns megabucks contracting for amazon's mechanical turk

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

He's a writer. He'll ask you your favorite genre at one point, then write that kinda book.

I thought Sam worked part time at jojamart?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Elliot's a writer. If you marry him, he realises that he sucks and goes domestic.

Sam works as a cleaner in the library/museum.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Poil posted:

Buy a $5,000 chainsaw designed for the logging industry when the largest tree in your yard has a trunk diameter of 4 inches.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

WarpedNaba posted:

Elliot's a writer. If you marry him, he realises that he sucks and goes domestic.

Sam works as a cleaner in the library/museum.

Ah, okay, that makes sense with Sam.

And that's really loving sad about Elliot. What the hell. Marriage doesn't seem like it does a whole lot for your spouse, aside from getting a few of them out of mom and dad's house? One of my friends kept saying that I'd be better off with Elliot and... wow. I guess not.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Ah, okay, that makes sense with Sam.

And that's really loving sad about Elliot. What the hell. Marriage doesn't seem like it does a whole lot for your spouse, aside from getting a few of them out of mom and dad's house? One of my friends kept saying that I'd be better off with Elliot and... wow. I guess not.

I'm still mid summer during my first playthrough so I haven't seen any of that but apparently all the marriage stuff was miserable enough to warrant a "less sad marriage lines" mod or something like that. It's over at the nexus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Sono posted:

Buy a $5,000 chainsaw designed for the logging industry when the largest tree in your yard has a trunk diameter of 4 inches.