Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Naerasa posted:

If you're an accurate shot and you love loving with people during ults, I firmly believe there's nothing better than Ana's sleep dart. Sleeping people during ults is hilarious and adorable because they just want to take a nap :unsmith:

I did the first time I played Ana.

A McCree was ulting on the Rio payload, above the arc on the first stop. I panicked because I had no cover...

and then I realized "Oh wait I'm Ana I have a SLEEP DART."

And bam, achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sleep-darting an ulting Roadhog that was nanaboosted is downright euphoric.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Mierenneuker posted:

Sleep-darting an ulting Roadhog that was nanaboosted is downright euphoric.

I've done this to a Winston and it felt very, very good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mukaikubo posted:

If rank 5thousand and something is in the top 5% of players... that means there's on the order of a hundred thousand players... which makes me....

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Mukaikubo-1923

neg.. negative... or... top 200th... GREAT SCOTT I'M NOT REAL :v:

masteroverwatch isn't an official site and doesn't have anywhere near most of the players. jeff kaplan has said that rank 60 was top 6% and I think he said around 40 was average

you tend to run into the same people a lot in the 70s and get placed in games where you're stuck balancing out the team mmr

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?
Yesterday I put an ulting 76 to sleep, which saved most of my team because we were stuck out in the open without any tanks.

Then our Mccree woke him up with a bodyshot and he went right back to killing us all. :downsgun:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

NTRabbit posted:

Symmetra is relevant on defense for Kings Row, Numbani, Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya Industries, Hollywood, Watchpoint: Gibraltar, Dorado, and Route 66.

Or really, every map bar the KOTH ones, 9 out of 12, so I wouldn't say she's relevant on few maps.

The first few I'll give you, but if you CAN play someone else on Volskaya, dorado and 66 it'd probably be to your benefit.

Doesn't she work optimally when there are clear and specific paths?

Those are like the most open levels in the game. And even on some of those others it's almost always beneficial to switch away from her if you lose the first point, where as turret man is more useful on either point.

I mean maybe I'm playing her all wrong, but i started the game by trying to use her on every map and I felt useless on all half the maps. The second i started healing on those maps instead i started feeling helpful again.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

SectumSempra posted:

The first few I'll give you, but if you CAN play someone else on Volskaya, dorado and 66 it'd probably be to your benefit.

Those are like the most open levels in the game. And even on some of those others it's almost always beneficial to switch away from her if you lose the first point, where as turret man is more useful on either point.

I mean maybe I'm playing her all wrong, but i started the game by trying to use her on every map and I felt useless on all half the maps. The second i started healing on those maps instead i started feeling helpful again.

Just gotta be creative with your turret and teleporter placement. Having her teleporter is huge on Dorado, the distances from spawn for the defenders are enormous. Her turrets are also a great tripwire for Volskaya point A over water flankers (use 1 to detect D.Va/Reaper, or put down 3 and you can kill a cheeky Tracer), contribute to early hold outs left or right of the gate, and make a good last ditch defense on the back of the bunker, plus they can hold a flank alone at point B.

Granted, on Dorado, Numbani, King's Row, and Gibraltar, if the cart reaches the penultimate/ultimate bend, you need to change characters, but she's very useful up until then.

Route 66 she's good at the start, only ok in the middle and only if you can keep a tele up, but good at the end. Probably the only map I'd really prefer not to choose her. Definitely my first choice for defence on King's Row, Anubis, Volskaya, Gibraltar, and Dorado though, Numbani and Hollywood I prefer to play Junkrat, and Hanamura is my favourite map for Mei, but if forced to play support on those three, Symmetra is who I pick.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 20, 2016

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

My mouse "pauses" consistently if I swipe it as fast as I can across my mousepad. This DOESN'T happen if I put the mouse directly on the desk, so I'm guessing it's my cheap mouse's laser or my cheap mousepad's texture (or lack of it).

Anyone familiar with this problem? Can I just try another mousepad or do I probably need an expensive mouse to fix it?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i hate playing against genjis so much

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Hydrocodone posted:

My mouse "pauses" consistently if I swipe it as fast as I can across my mousepad. This DOESN'T happen if I put the mouse directly on the desk, so I'm guessing it's my cheap mouse's laser or my cheap mousepad's texture (or lack of it).

Anyone familiar with this problem? Can I just try another mousepad or do I probably need an expensive mouse to fix it?

Is your mousepad reflective?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So what are you goons doing while we wait for comp to come back?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

i hate playing against genjis so much

Just wait until this patch goes live and every game has a hanzo, you're going to be begging for Genjis

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Papercut posted:

Just wait until this patch goes live and every game has a hanzo, you're going to be begging for Genjis

It'll probably be both

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Playing comp on PTR

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Grinding levels for summer boxes. After that? Probably won't play.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Verranicus posted:

Play Overwatch, for one thing.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Verranicus posted:

Play PTR comp?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Papercut posted:

I'd be surprised if all of the ptr hanzo changes make it to live

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Is your mousepad reflective?

Nope! It is a matte black thing except for the logo in one corner.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd be surprised if all of the ptr hanzo changes make it to live

I can't imagine the move/projectile speed increases making it along with the hitbox change, but my confidence in blizzard was shaken by the Ana patch.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Papercut posted:

I can't imagine the move/projectile speed increases making it along with the hitbox change, but my confidence in blizzard was shaken by the Ana patch.

That and not 35m McCree?

I don't understand why they can't selectively adjust projectile hit boxes on a per hero basis. I'm fine with Hanzo getting faster arrows provided the hit boxes aren't nuts and if they're going to be selective about it I'd rather have that than the other way around.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

35m mccree was the ana patch I think

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

35m mccree was the ana patch I think

Yeah, brainfart, I thought he meant something else. I fully expect every PTR update to be accompanied by a subsequent dial-back patch.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Hydrocodone posted:

Get an optical mouse if you have a laser mouse

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Papercut posted:

Genji isn't going anywhere, he just won't be able to kill half your team anyway after Transcendence ends. He can still effortlessly massacre your entire team if you don't have a support ult.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
I can't help but think if you're not playing Junkrat or Mei you aren't truly enjoying Overwatch to its full potential. The sheer amount of rage and hatred you can infuse the enemy team with while playing as either of them will never cease to amuse me.
Always such glee when you realise someone just totally abandoned any aim for the objectives for the sole purpose to try hunt you down to the ends of the earth, just for them to repeatedly be trapped/frozen and then blown up/punched out.

Especialy Junkrat who only has like two natural enemies he can't explode easily.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
The break should be 3 weeks between seasons but they should take this time to launch new content and get everyone over it. Like if they launch Sombra mid season 2 like they did with Ana I will be frustrated.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, the best use of a season break would be to let people learn new maps and heroes. I think they'll be putting Eichenwalde on the PTR soon, but ideally it would be up on live servers already so people could practice on it before season 2 starts.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Hydrocodone posted:

Nope! It is a matte black thing except for the logo in one corner.

Then I have no explanation why it would work on your desk but not your mousepad, other than if it is wireless maybe something is interfering with it when you move it?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm not bothering with the PTR because nothing carries over and if I'm not ranking up or getting points who cares? I already know I'm pro-tier.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

At one point (pre-buff), any time we would get to attack on Route 66 we would do 6 D.Vas. We won every single time.

This is the third weirdest ookie cookie circle I've ever seen.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

genjis deflect shouldnt make him immune to reinhardts hammer imo

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

cosmicjim posted:

Get an optical mouse if you have a laser mouse

Yeah this 100%

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

Volskaya is pretty much Symmetra's ideal map. Much like Hanamura, it funnels people into fairly enclosed spaces without much in the way of alternative options, but the terrain around the points gives her plenty of teleporter hiding places and some opportunities to ambush people with the chainsaw, and point A is a long way from the defender spawn. Symm is usable on 66 and Dorado too, it's just a matter of knowing the map well.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Verranicus posted:

Grinding for more summer game icons because I got all the skins I wanted and after that PTR comp to see what's the fuss about with Genjus and Hanjos.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

genjis deflect shouldnt make him immune to reinhardts hammer imo

I don't think I've ever noticed because genji is always so hectic for me to fight against but that is retarded if true.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deflect works on all melee I think. zarya's laser, winston's lightning, and symmetra's beam are the only things that go through it off the top of my head

well, the dragons from hanzo's ult does but genji can deflect the arrow hanzo shoots back on him and reverse the entire ult

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I like these genji nerfs

Hope they all make it to console

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Manatee Cannon posted:

deflect works on all melee I think. zarya's laser, winston's lightning, and symmetra's beam are the only things that go through it off the top of my head

well, the dragons from hanzo's ult does but genji can deflect the arrow hanzo shoots back on him and reverse the entire ult

You missed meis ice beam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Mei