Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

"I thought health providers were non-profit"

:allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

"I thought health providers were non-profit"

:allears:

"I guess if I was a minority, they would be, but I'm white, so they aren't"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Don't ban him, just take his verified tick away. I bet he's the kind of person who'd go loving nuts about that happening.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Don't ban him, just take his verified tick away. I bet he's the kind of person who'd go loving nuts about that happening.

I really appreciate his Twitter bio citing "lunatic" liberals as if his tweets and the banner advertising his book don't make him look insane.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Aesop Poprock posted:

I dunno what the laws are everywhere but when my one friend was 15 his mom took him to get a RAD tribal tattoo with a scorpion in the middle

This was me minus the scorpion part. It was the mid 90s so I imagine( I hope) things have changed.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I see noted Actual Nazi Mark Dice is being even more racist than usual.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Boywhiz88 posted:

I really appreciate his Twitter bio citing "lunatic" liberals as if his tweets and the banner advertising his book don't make him look insane.

I think it's cute that he thinks 500k subs on youtube is a big deal... :smuggo:

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

This reminds me of those people who will comment on videos/images with some concise completely unnecessary description of them.

For example, if there's a youtube video of a gorilla bending a tire some dude might comment "a gorilla bending a tire". Or if there's a video of a baby doing something while playing with its parents, they might comment "a baby playing with its parents". I find it interesting because I honestly have no clue why they do this.

I could be totally wrong, but they might be captioning them for the visually impaired.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RNG posted:

I could be totally wrong, but they might be captioning them for the visually impaired.

I'm not sure if anyone intentionally does it for this reason, but I believe it also helps for search results which is good.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The ultimate kinkshame

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Post Your Favorite (or Request) › Idiots on Social Media: You're a long way from whippets & sodomy

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › Idiots on Social Media: You're a long way from whippets & sodomy

please do not sodomize whippets, they are good dogs and don't deserve that nasty poo poo

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Seconded.

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
To be fair, they're not even wrong. Most of the people I see unironically using "daddy" are so white they ask the restaurant for a less spicy mayonnaise.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I mostly associate it with Twitter furries saying "gently caress me, daddy" to Tony the Tiger.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This is the start of a really stupid conversation.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Whippets? Can someone on Twitter clarify intended meaning on this? My theories:
1. Whips
2. Nitrous oxide
3. Nervous racing dogs

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The "daddy dom" thing has been a... meme? trend? on tumblr (and probably other places) for a while. It is really annoying, gross, and creepy.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kiebland posted:

To be fair, they're not even wrong. Most of the people I see unironically using "daddy" are so white they ask the restaurant for a less spicy mayonnaise.

she's not upset about people being white she's upset about them appropriating hosed up pedo kink culture

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

The "daddy dom" thing has been a... meme? trend? on tumblr (and probably other places) for a while. It is really annoying, gross, and creepy.

But does it involve little dogs?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Puppy Time posted:

The same could be said about all of tumblr.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I actually have a friend who is 💦squishy💦 and she says daddy isn't kinkist so shut up

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Puppy Time posted:

It's been around for a long long time

Daddy

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

WrenP-Complete posted:

1. Whips
2. Nitrous oxide
3. Nervous racing dogs

Huffing off aerosol cans for a cheap high that can gently caress you up.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Practical Demon posted:

Huffing off aerosol cans for a cheap high that can gently caress you up.

I didn't know whippets were a gay kink thing. Now I have some uncomfortable questions for my dad, mom, uncles, and most of my aunts :(

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Whippets? Whip it good (dun du dun nun) :v:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
She's right though, we should treat everyone who uses it as a freak and a loser, not just those in the BDSM subculture.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quote:

It's a 200 year old word that's been re-re-redefined by multiple "waves" and now has been set loose on the internet like a rampaging bull.

quote:

The term has been commandeered by nutcases who fall back on the dictionary definition when their hypocrisy is highlighted.

quote:

Feminism is a group that has already reached its original goals, and the remaining outspoken members advocate the supremacy of one gender.

quote:

My bf had to take a womens/ethnic studies class and was basically told that because he is a heterosexual male, he is an awful person.

quote:

Feminism and BLM have alot in common
(yeah, imgur hates both)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've seen a few people proudly declare that they don't care about the Tragically Hip concert, and that they have better things to do.

Long story short, a Canadian music icon in dying of brain cancer and his band's last concert is being televised on the national broadcasting station. Some sanctimonious pricks are trying to ruin everyone's day to bring attention to themselves instead.

What's the point? If you don't care, just don't say anything and go do something else. Then everyone can have a good time.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

On the subject of posts like that, I really don't like that parody Women against Feminism twitter. I get what they're trying to do, and some of their tweets are funny, but it always seems like they want to say "I don't need feminism because I'm a dumb bitch and my boyfriend and dad beat me and I like it :downs:". A lot of their stuff is eerily similar to some of the shockingly misogynist poo poo one of my former friends used to post about sex-positive feminists after she went really hard down the sex-negative radical feminism rabbithole.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WrenP-Complete posted:

1. Whips
2. Nitrous oxide
3. Nervous racing dogs
Whippets specifically refers to nitrous oxide, though I wasn't aware they were used as a sex thing. Poppers are (loosens butthole), but apart from the method of administration there's a world of difference between the two.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Picnic Princess posted:

What's the point? If you don't care, just don't say anything and go do something else. Then everyone can have a good time.

They want to stand out and look cool for not liking [popular thing/event]. Or they want people to argue with them that they should like it. Either way, it's for attention. It's just a really stupid way to get it.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I initially read it as "I believe in inequality"

I mean she does so..?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's a terrible ampersand.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
It's like Kilroy looking over a wall except it's balls and vertical

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's a butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
It's clearly a sideways fedora, she's virtue signalling.