Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

muscles like this? posted:

Vin Diesel has decided to confirm that the Guardians will appear in Infinity War.

Sweet dreams are made of this.

gus rules ok posted:

I remember shortly before the first Spider-Man movie came out my local-ish newspaper published an article that was wringing its hands over Maguire looking too nerdy for the part.

What. Is that possible for Peter Parker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Probably Magic posted:

Also, can't believe I missed that the guy from TV on the Radio is going to be in this. This film is going to rule so much.

Huh, holy poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The part where MJ tries to hide her diner uniform from Peter is one of my favorite moments in any superhero movie.

Yeah she was good when she was allowed to do a thing. She wasn't allowed to do many things.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Toxxupation posted:

But they come with a free frogurt!

That's good!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Little Mac posted:

That's good!

The frogurt is also full of used condoms.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Toxxupation posted:

The frogurt is also full of used condoms.

That's bad.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Little Mac posted:

That's bad.

But it comes with your choice of topping!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Mr Leto's virility in producing all these used condoms is honestly nothing but impressive

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Probably Magic posted:

Also, can't believe I missed that the guy from TV on the Radio is going to be in this. This film is going to rule so much.

Which guy

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Toxxupation posted:

But it comes with your choice of topping!

That's good!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I actually watched KC Undercover when I was babysitting my step niece last fall. She lives it and Zendaya is a perfectly fine actress. Also Carla from Scrubs plays her mom!

And like I said elsewhere, Zen is the first NJ who actually looks like she could grow up and be a super model.

I had to watch the Disney channel due to a job I had for awhile and one of the shows that came on was the Suite life of Zack and Cody (or whatever their names were), which sucked, this guy popped up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9evmHpfj1WQ

Watching him try to wrangle in two brats with that Scrubs clip in my mind just made the show hilarious. I would still never watch that channel if I wasn't forced to.

gus rules ok
Aug 2, 2016

SonicRulez posted:

What. Is that possible for Peter Parker?

I honestly can't remember the reason for it, although I wonder if it's because previous superhero movies were pretty much all Superman and Batman-related, leading to certain expectations for charming, handsome manly-men leads. (and of course, on the off-chance the writer was a comics nerd, maybe he started with JRSR).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

It is very easy to forget those gigantic big money superhero films were directed by Sam Raimi, until you actually watch them again.

It was the only reason I wanted to see it at 11 years old.

"Wait dad, you mean the guy who directed Army of Darkness, Darkman, Evil Dead 1-2 is directing Spider-Man?????!!"

Although I didn't get my insane Raimi-ness until the second, but it was worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3Xo2K910Q

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Loved Molina as Doc Ock in that movie. :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jared Leto is saying he hasn't seen Suicide Squad yet and felt he was tricked into a doing a movie that was pitched to him differently that it ended up being.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/16/joker-actor-jared-leto-reportedly-feels-he-was-tricked-into-suicide-squad

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Jared Leto is saying he hasn't seen Suicide Squad yet and felt he was tricked into a doing a movie that was pitched to him differently that it ended up being.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/16/joker-actor-jared-leto-reportedly-feels-he-was-tricked-into-suicide-squad

The source on this is a fan site and Tumblr. Is there video of him saying these things?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He said it at a summer camp for 30 Seconds to Mars.

I cannot believe that exists.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One really enthusiastic fan, and 49 others who thought it was just a themed space camp.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

AnonSpore posted:

Mr Leto's virility in producing all these used condoms is honestly nothing but impressive

Not really.
Technically all you have to do to make a condom used is to take it out of the wrapper.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I finally got around to seeing Suicide Squad, and I think I actually liked it less than BvS. It just felt like none of the characters who got significant screentime made any sense, and the b-tier members were just kinda wasted there. A big complaint I heard before seeing it was that the it kinda skips from "we're all ne'er-do-wells and murderers in it for ourselves, forced to fight against our will" straight to "Oh yeah we're a family now" and that's absolutely a problem the film had. Deadshot only cares about two things; getting paid and his daughter. But then he randomly decides that he wants to die heroically so now he's on board with thankless, unpaid heroing. Harley only cares about the Joker. But then when Enchantress promises to bring back Joker, Harley attacks her because "[Enchantress] hurt my friends!". El Diablo feels intense remorse for killing his family and refuses to fight. But he will use his powers to spell out words in fire, make dancing fire ladies he stares as while he describes how he burned his wife and children alive,etc. Boomerang spends literally the entire movie planning his escape and even does so once Flagg declares they're free to go. But then shows back up to possibly die fighting magic nonsense. Enchantress says that humans once worshiped her but now worship machines, and so she will create a machine. Then she decides she's actually a metahuman supremacist. Then she decides she's actually spreading darkness around the world by shooting magic lighting at stuff. Katana seems to have had some kind of character arc totally offscreen and we just get occasional glimpses into her stages of character development.

I don't even know if the movie would make more sense if it wasn't edited into being a different movie than what was allegedly intended. It's not like I needed to see more fight scenes or more flash backs to Joker and Harley to make the movie to be better put together.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The singer. He's going to be playing a "Mr Cobwell" apparently.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel like a fundamental problem with Suicide Squad is that our villains can't really do much villainy since the movie audience still has to cheer for them by the end of things. Harley and Croc bite guards, but the movie goes ahead and shows us that they're assholes who had it coming. Deadshot assassinated a criminal (could be mistaken, only saw it once). Etcetera. In execution, Deadshot ends up being totally disgusted when he realizes that the demon alien things are human beings. Meanwhile Waller and Flag are chill about murdering a few innocent people who know too much.

I don't follow your problem with El Diablo.

When are tags over?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Iny my mind, as soon as a movie hits netflix you can talk about it freely without spoiler tags, but I'm not sure about BSS's spoiler rules. One of the myriad of reasons I don't look at CD anymore is that you get some loving spoiler baby who gets pissed off when you talk about a movie from 30 years ago without spoilers in every thread.

I was thinking that the best handling of an ensamble cast in a movie recently was Star Trek Beyond. At the end of act 1 the crew gets split up, and the story follows pairs of them around on their adventures, and each group gets its own moments, its own scenes and everyone seems to have something to do. This is something the older Treks movies often missed which I found odd. I mean even thought I love the TNG movies (well, except Nemesis, which is one of those movies where there is poo poo that I love but a lot of poo poo that I just hate) but they're mostly Picard/Data movies, and fail to use one of the best ensemble casts in TV history properly. Hell, even the classic Trek films have that problem, being very Spock/Bones/Kirk centric near the end.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

One of the myriad of reasons I don't look at CD anymore is that you get some loving spoiler baby who gets pissed off when you talk about a movie from 30 years ago without spoilers in every thread.

I had a RL friend get annoyed at me when I spoiled the best scene of The Third Man to another friend. I figure everyone's got a list of "need to see" movies, and if you actually want to get them to pay attention to another old classic you gotta SELL them on what makes it great, not just say "it's good, trust me".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not too long ago I had a customer get super lovely with two other customers who were discussing a plot point of the film Mimic. A film that came out in 1997. And they weren't even spoiling the film, just discussing a rare moment in the film. Dude still lost his poo poo over it.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

SonicRulez posted:

I don't follow your problem with El Diablo.

Mostly I just felt it was weird to see a guy keep saying he feels remorse for accidentally killing his family with his powers, who keeps emphasizing that if he loses control he could kill innocent people, and who has sworn off of violence even against weird monster men, but then also see him use his powers for totally trivial things like spelling out words in the air and making dancing ladies. Like, he says his powers are from the devil, but then keeps showing them off in totally pointless ways. That felt like it didn't make much sense together.

Also, I saw reviews saying Cara Delevingne was the worst actor in the film, but honestly it felt more like she was a not-god-tier actor given a really badly written role. She barely says anything other than speaking in generic magical bad person lines and hip shakes, and magical world ending threat was a really bad choice for big bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Though the best was some jerk who didn't want anything about Game of Thrones mentioned because he wanted to watch the whole thing when it was done. Yea, no, you don't get the whole world to stop talking about a massively popular show because of you.

The worst though, is a guy I worked with who didn't even want to know who was in a movie and the character they're playing. wanted to go into the movies blind as humanly possible. He would look at the RT rating and that was it. He also acted really smug about it, as if he was enjoying movies on some other level that the rest of us sheep. Like seriously dude.

DrProsek posted:

Also, I saw reviews saying Cara Delevingne was the worst actor in the film, but honestly it felt more like she was a not-god-tier actor given a really badly written role. She barely says anything other than speaking in generic magical bad person lines and hip shakes, and magical world ending threat was a really bad choice for big bad.

She went from fairly creepy and with neat effects to a really bad cgi character that was poorly dubbed. She was basically reduced to boner food.

Honestly, I thought the plot was going to turn out that Joker had stolen something and they were chasing him down. Maybe it was a Motherbox or something that wasn't important for the movie but for the rest of the DCCU. Hell, that would have been a good plot to pair with a Harley that had gotten over Joker in prison, but once he was back in her life, she became conflicted.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 21, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Me and Xinder (who I knew from another forum) have been spending the past hour coming up with matching DC characters/teams with random directors.

Highlights include:
David Lynch on Doom Patrol and Animal Man.
Edgar Wright on Teen Titans and an Atom movie after kicking out the previous director halfway through.
Quentin Tarantino on Suicide Squad
Martin Scorsese on Blue Beetle
I think we also put on Edgar Wright on Booster Gold, followed by James Cameron on Booster Golds
Joss Whedon on Deathstroke
Christopher Nolan on Green Arrow
Clint Eastwood on Vigilante
Tim Burton on a solo Raven movie
Steven Spielberg on Justice League
Zack Snyder on Red Hood
JJ Abrams on Green Lantern
Ridley Scott on Legion of Superheroes
Francis Ford Coppola on Flash

Please hire us DC, we can save you with this amazing clusterfuck.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
We are the saviors the DCCU needs

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Hundreds of Booster Golds charging at space marines. And a Booster Gold queen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why in god's name would you put Joss Whedon on anything?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

Why in god's name would you put Joss Whedon on anything?

We just thought it would be funny if we put a guy who makes lots of jokes and quips on a character that's normally super-serious

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

She went from fairly creepy and with neat effects to a really bad cgi character that was poorly dubbed. She was basically reduced to boner food.

She's really not even an actress. She's just a hot model who like so many others managed to parlay I to an acting gig.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Update:

The guy who made Da Vinci Code on The Question

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm sorry, are you implying her Teen Choice Nomation for Choice Hottie is illegitimate?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Xinder posted:

Update:

The guy who made Da Vinci Code on The Question

Nah, Ron Howard is too bland a choice. John Frankenheimer though...

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Nah, Ron Howard is too bland a choice. John Frankenheimer though...

If we're bring a director back from the dead they'd be better on Superman though. He could empathize with him.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, if we're bringing back dead directors, then clearly we need DW Griffith to make the John Stewart movie.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tarantino on Suicide Squad would be a massive amount of fanwank both for comics and cinematography. I'd watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Bruceski posted:

Tarantino on Suicide Squad would be a massive amount of fanwank both for comics and cinematography. I'd watch it.

It's also one of the few on the list I feel like would actually end up being a pretty good movie instead of me giggling at stupid jokes.

• Locked thread