Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Necc0 posted:

As a tech consultant I feel like I can chime in here: 8 million in a single month for a fundraising website is hilarious. Props to whatever consulting company landed that contract because they're living high on the hog right now.

Giles seems to be related to a famous San Antonio architect named Alfred Giles. We need to go deeper, an $8mil payment to a web developer who makes San Antonio restaurant sites is too fishy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

The Glumslinger posted:

Look at the companies website

https://www.parscale.com/

You tell me what you see on there that doesn't look like normal lovely websites? Like everything there is super plain an generic, and clicking on a few of the sites, the websites don't really work well

They seem fine.

But much like 99.9% of other websites on the planet, nowhere near $8 million fine (even if all of that didn't go into the web design itself).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

lorn Wayne posted:

They seem fine.

But much like 99.9% of other websites on the planet, nowhere near $8 million fine (even if all of that didn't go into the web design itself).

Yeah, clicking around most of them are actually fine, I guess I just got (un)lucky with the first couple I looked at

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

lorn Wayne posted:

They seem fine.

Whatever this is, Parscale leads a conference on it:

https://ellislab.com/expressionengine

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Oiled and Ready posted:

Giles seems to be related to a famous San Antonio architect named Alfred Giles. We need to go deeper, an $8mil payment to a web developer who makes San Antonio restaurant sites is too fishy

They list interior design as one of the services they offer

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Spacebump posted:

Hope Hicks gets paid a lot of different times in one month, both for payroll and consulting.

If you only have one non-idiot on your entire campaign staff you should probably keep them happy

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Oiled and Ready posted:

Whatever this is, Parscale leads a conference on it:

https://ellislab.com/expressionengine

It's a content management system, pretty popular with large sites. Kinda esoteric and weird but all CMSs are.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Glumslinger posted:

Look at the companies website

https://www.parscale.com/

You tell me what you see on there that doesn't look like normal lovely websites? Like everything there is super plain and generic

this is my favorite:
https://www.parscale.com/san-antonio-design-portfolio/ancient_exodus

edit: lol they scrapped it and now it looks like this - http://ancientexodus.com/

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

2001 called it wants its website design back

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
that's their oldest site in the portfolio so it probably was aroudn the early 2000s

i do web design/dev and don't think my stuff around that era was great but $8.4 mill is hilarious

it's not uncommon for a shop to get large enough where they are just pumping things out that are generic templates/CMS, either

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Oiled and Ready posted:

nah I see this kind of stuff all the time. if you have a good sales team they're very good at spotting company's or people who are both rich and technically illiterate. if you know how to build a good contract you can run circles around people who've never handled a tech project before.

granted this is a pretty extreme example but hey it's Trump. he's never one to disappoint

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Constant Hamprince posted:

If you only have one non-idiot on your entire campaign staff you should probably keep them happy

She isn't the non-idiot on staff.
http://theslot.jezebel.com/donald-trumps-spokesperson-accidentally-emails-reporter-1778703502

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

Trump makes campaign stops in states he has no chance of winning.

Well all the states he will win are shitholes. Why would anyone want to go there?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

What if Giles-Parscale is Tweeting for him

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Necc0 posted:

nah I see this kind of stuff all the time. if you have a good sales team they're very good at spotting company's or people who are both rich and technically illiterate. if you know how to build a good contract you can run circles around people who've never handled a tech project before.

granted this is a pretty extreme example but hey it's Trump. he's never one to disappoint

Oh. They have ten embedded coders from Cambridge Analytica, the firm that worked for Cruz and was behind Brexit .

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438739/trump-campaigns-data-firm-partner-cambridge-analytica-worked-cruz

This explains the finer details. It's a pro click actually despite NR

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

MR BREXIT: THE 8 MILLION DOLLAR MAN

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pinterest Mom posted:

lmao

july 18th - day one of the RNC.

Best part: there were no fireworks at the RNC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-convention.html

quote:

As he kicked around proposals for how to make his grand entrance, he nixed the idea of riding into Cleveland on a train. “It’s been done,” he said.

He has also ruled out speaking on the final night of the convention from an open-air stadium rather than from inside Quicken Loans Arena — too expensive, he worried — even though he was intrigued by the idea of landing on the stage in a helicopter. “Pretty cool,” he said.

The campaign had also discussed the idea of having fireworks in the arena, but that proved unworkable.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

Oh. They have ten embedded coders from Cambridge Analytica, the firm that worked for Cruz and was behind Brexit .

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438739/trump-campaigns-data-firm-partner-cambridge-analytica-worked-cruz

This explains the finer details. It's a pro click actually despite NR

Oh my god it's a piss golem venture, Mercer is closely tied to Cambridge Analytica

This is hilarious

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Breaking News:

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE_REPORT/status/767117673960382464

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

(raises finger)
Uh...

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Obviously, too sick to walk 20 miles

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Like seriously Trump rails against money in politics and he paid a piss golem shell corporation $8,000,000 for a website

Get on this, opposition

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

...The gently caress is wrong with the Right wing in this country.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Deki posted:

there's a clown on the right wing of the plane

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Holy lol.

Are people really that loving stupid? I guess they are.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Deki posted:

Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

Like seriously Trump rails against money in politics and he paid a piss golem shell corporation $8,000,000 for a website

Get on this, opposition

MERCER funds Cambridge Analytica

CA embeds with Giles-parscale in San Antonio

Mercer Group address:
3011 Sable Creek
San Antonio, TX

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

lmfao the comments. they almost immediately derail into talking about the global warming hoax and start posting pictures of their guns next to refrigerators and air conditioners

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this could have been hillary's Crossing the Delaware moment

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://twitter.com/anthonycasey2/status/767124120408645632

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

islands, how do they work

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

drat, donald really loves tf2

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

islands, how do they work

HILLARY TOO WEAK TO ROW? - Next Drudge Headline

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

cambridge analytica's tech is garbage sentiment analysis that facebook, twitter, google, salesforce and every other big player in content marketing abandoned 5+ years ago. the five personality traits poo poo in that article is straight out of exact target circa 2010. they're incompetent or shady as hell. probably both

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

While Louisiana is still trying to dry out, it pays to have Clinton Privilege. Just ask the mainstream media.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Why doesn't trump just have his bed airlifted with him wherever he goes or whatever if he's such a big baby about sleeping? Would still work out cheaper than the jetting back and forth he's doing now.

Or is it the whole tacky trump tower environment that he suffers withdrawal from?

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
If Trump gets elected how is he going to visit other countries if he can't sleep anywhere but his tacky as gently caress apartment?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

only two big ticket items go back to Trump businesses

but if you as a political campaign contract with venues or w/e and state in such contracts that any subcontractors have to be on a preferred vendors list, you can still move a lot of money to trump steaks, trump ice, trump wine, trump security, trump agglomerated subcontractor hirers llc, ...

and that wouldn't show up directly on the fec filing

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

the talent deficit posted:

cambridge analytica's tech is garbage sentiment analysis that facebook, twitter, google, salesforce and every other big player in content marketing abandoned 5+ years ago. the five personality traits poo poo in that article is straight out of exact target circa 2010. they're incompetent or shady as hell. probably both

I work in data and yes, things like OCEAN are just marketing garbage to sell data products that make a token appearance in the actual analytics side of it, even if middle management 'stresses' on it in company meetings.

it usually just comes down to meat and bones analytics which you don't have to loving PAY $8 MILLION FOR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

the talent deficit posted:

Well we know they've got a great sales team that's for sure. No wonder Trump likes them

• Locked thread