Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
No Superman, it's a trap! You'll get super cancer and have to live in the sun for a million years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

The origin of that suit is wonderful.

Forged in the sun by Superman! Held under bubbles by Aquaman!

That whole arc is so balls to the wall crazy it's probably one of my favorite arcs of B&R. All I hear when I see those panels is Anvil of Crom. :black101:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WickedHate posted:

Fumbled Shade hard, then dropped him, and I immediately stopped caring.

I ready the entire shade run and then the hellblazer issues with him and the justice league dark and did not see him really fumbled.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Well, I also didn't like the last quarter or so of the original series. I think I had this exact conversation here not too long ago, though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Your monthly Legends of Tomorrow reminder to get the Sugar and Spike trade when it's out.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dario the Wop posted:

Well, the Sun is hot! Aquaman cooled the armor off. :)

What is Flash doing? Lending Speed Force to it? (Can he still do that?)

He's flash welding.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Solicits are appearing.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/18/frankensteining-dc-comics-solicits-for-november-2016-hit-em-with-the-hein/
:)

Also, Superman meets Swamp Thing in the Superman Annual, Lois seems definitively alive, with Lana mentioned apart from "Superwoman" and with Prez not around to do it, Flintstones tackles elections.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 19, 2016

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Teenage Fansub posted:

Also, Superman meets Swamp Thing in the Superman Annual

DC Comics posted:

Mr. Oz told Superman he was not what he thought. Now, Swamp Thing comes hunting for the Man of Steel to discover what strange connection this new Superman has to the planet.
Reminder that Superman touched the ground and it started glowing blue for no reason. It's probably not the resolution to the Mr. Oz(ymandias) story, but I'm glad they're moving forward with it. I'm actually excited about this (and the current arc and the follow-up posted above).

I'm just gonna throw this out there - maybe Oz isn't Adrian Veidt, but a clone. And there might be other clones (or clones impersonating people, like possibly Doomsday in Action). He was a geneticist, after all.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man this loving guy can draw. I love this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The new Baltazar/Franco thing is called Super Powers, while Tom Scioli's Young Animal thing is also called Super Powers.
That ain't smart.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dario the Wop posted:

Reminder that Superman touched the ground and it started glowing blue for no reason. It's probably not the resolution to the Mr. Oz(ymandias) story, but I'm glad they're moving forward with it. I'm actually excited about this (and the current arc and the follow-up posted above).

I'm just gonna throw this out there - maybe Oz isn't Adrian Veidt, but a clone. And there might be other clones (or clones impersonating people, like possibly Doomsday in Action). He was a geneticist, after all.

Manhattan could always make clones of himself.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cyborg Rebirth #1 preview http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/cyborg-rebirth-1-dc-comics-2016

Also,

:golfclap:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

:homebrew:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never knew how badly I needed Swamp Thing and John Constantine, Supernatural PIs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

:drat:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder what it's like knowing you just drew the best image of Swamp Thing in the history of mankind.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

I wonder what it's like knowing you just drew the best image of Swamp Thing in the history of mankind.

I don't know, knowing you've peaked can be hard to deal with sometimes.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So I'm enjoying the new Birds Of Prey, there's some really nice bits of humour mixed in with the serious storyline, but some of the faces are actually terrible, they just look really weird. Also how does DC usually handle things like Batgirl and Harley Quinn being in two series that wouldn't make sense to both be happening at the same time? I mean with Marvel they do have Avengers members with solo series but they usually address things like Tony Stark's absence just before Civil War II, but they are explainable as the characters just dealing with things alone.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Anime_Otaku posted:

So I'm enjoying the new Birds Of Prey, there's some really nice bits of humour mixed in with the serious storyline, but some of the faces are actually terrible, they just look really weird. Also how does DC usually handle things like Batgirl and Harley Quinn being in two series that wouldn't make sense to both be happening at the same time? I mean with Marvel they do have Avengers members with solo series but they usually address things like Tony Stark's absence just before Civil War II, but they are explainable as the characters just dealing with things alone.

They take place a few weeks apart usually

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Anime_Otaku posted:

It's better not to think too hard about it. Even though Batgirl is supposed to be in Japan right now, she's shown up in Birds of Prey and even Nightwing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

lotus circle posted:

It's better not to think too hard about it. Even though Batgirl is supposed to be in Japan right now, she's shown up in Birds of Prey and even Nightwing.

And Nightwing is in Norway, and Batgirl mentions giving up karaoke and the best sushi she's ever had to come hang out with Nightwing. Really, it's comic books, it takes place whenever it makes sense, and if it doesn't fit, it didn't really happen, except in the stories where it did.

We need an emote like :darksouls: that says "HYPERTIME!"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Finally had the time to buy some comics. Batman was a good read, but it didn't blow me away or anything. #5 was a really odd issue to me. It felt like I didn't have the whole story even though I'm pretty sure I do. I still don't like the purple in Batman's cape. Nor do I like the entire Justice League showing up to get embarrassingly jobbed out by a pseudo Superboy Prime.

Superman continues to be fantastic. I really can't imagine not liking it unless you don't like Superman.

I like Nightwing as well. Got a good kick out of Bat-Shark Attractant. I would like to request about 100 years before the next story where Batgirl and Nightwing fight.

The level of smug on Jon's face is amazing. Superman and Batman look like they're about to kiss, which honestly would be a really interesting contrast between the adults and the kids.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is Superman really supposed to be that much taller than Batman? That looks weird to me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Is Superman really supposed to be that much taller than Batman? That looks weird to me.

Superman's usually portrayed as abnormally tall. Usually both so people have to look up at him and so if someone is doing the 'slouching' Clark Kent thing, Kent still ends up being taller than most people.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ever since Ma, Pa, and rural Smallville became a meaningful presence for adult Superman—I want to say that started post-Crisis—Superman has looked a lot more like a grown-up farmboy. He usually has a brick shithouse build, somewhere between Cornfed Linebacker and Roidy Strongman depending on the artist.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

lotus circle posted:

The BOP Rebirth issue starts with an editor's note saying it takes place after the events of Batgirl.

The weirdest one was seeing Harley locked up in an impenetrable cell in Suicide Squad when she's presumably been living free the whole time in her solo, but eh.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Harley solo isn't main DCU.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've started getting into DC with this rebirth stuff, and while i think i get most of it i'm confused about one thing: how do the Titans remember old Wally West if he never existed in the new-52 universe? Or am i misunderstanding what Dr. Manhattan did to the pre-new-52 universe. Is it the same universe just changed dramatically or is it a new dimension (in which case why is old Superman hanging around now) or what?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Wally himself restores their memories when he comes into contact with them? Not sure, I just remember reading something like that.

But also Rebirth has allowed creators to kind of change continuity stuff if they want to. Some have decided not even to explain it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah in the first Titans book he touches them and their bond is reestablished or whatever, but how do they have a bond at all if he never existed on this earth?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The last universe was rewritten when Barry Flash went back in time to save his mother (Flashpoint.) The N52 was the result of Barry trying to put things back the way they were (lets leave aside Pandora and the Wildstorm stuff.) He came out knowing that he just returned from the alternate Flashpoint reality (Giving Bruce Wayne a note from his Flashpoint father,) but seemingly having no notion that the remade world was any different than the one he screwed up in the first place.
In the N52 everyone was generally younger and there had been lost or reset relationships and characters who never made it over. Till this year, there was no explanation other than "time and space eh? Butterfly effects and all that :shrug:" Now the Rebirth Special is saying Doc Manhattan fiddled with things in the process and there's a reason things came back different.
Wally West yanked his way into the N52 connecting to Barry with the power of love and "the way it was meant to be", which is how he can give old Titan analogues old continuity memories through touch. I haven't read a lick of Rebirth Titans, but I don't think there's anything more concrete than it working on fanboy dreams.

Superman came in a different way. There was an event called Convergence where Braniac broke through the boundaries of continuity, and was able to access all eras of DC history. He plucked up heroes and cities on the brink of Crises and continuity changes, and forced them to battle on his own planet. Superman and Lois were brought from the pre-Flashpoint DCU and transported to the New 52 when the event was over. They had a kid and lived in hiding till the N52 Superman died.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 21, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

The last universe was rewritten when Barry Flash went back in time to save his mother (Flashpoint.) The N52 was the result of Barry trying to put things back the way they were (lets leave aside Pandora and the Wildstorm stuff.) He came out knowing that he just returned from the alternate Flashpoint reality (Giving Bruce Wayne a note from his Flashpoint father,) but seemingly having no notion that the remade world was any different than the one he screwed up in the first place.
In the N52, characters were generally younger and there had been lost or reset relationships and characters who never made it over. Till this year, there was no explanation other than "time and space eh? Butterfly effects and all that :shrug:" Now the Rebirth Special is saying Doc Manhattan fiddled with things in the process and there's a reason things came back different.
Wally west yanked his way into the N52 connecting to Barry with the power of love and "the way it was meant to be", which is how he can give old Titan analogues old continuity memories through touch. I haven't read a lick of Rebirth Titans, but I don't think there's anything more concrete than it working on fanboy dreams.

Superman came in a different way. There was an event called Convergence where Braniac broke through the boundaries of continuity, and was able to access all eras of DC history. He plucked up heroes and cities on the brink of Crises and continuity changes, and forced them to battle on his own planet. Superman and Lois were brought from the pre-Flashpoint DCU and transported to the New 52 when the event was over. The had a kid and lived in hiding till the N52 Superman died.

Thanks mate, this helped a lot.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

In the N52 everyone was generally younger and there had been lost or reset relationships and characters who never made it over. Till this year, there was no explanation other than "time and space eh? Butterfly effects and all that :shrug:" Now the Rebirth Special is saying Doc Manhattan fiddled with things in the process and there's a reason things came back different.
Wally West yanked his way into the N52 connecting to Barry with the power of love and "the way it was meant to be", which is how he can give old Titan analogues old continuity memories through touch. I haven't read a lick of Rebirth Titans, but I don't think there's anything more concrete than it working on fanboy dreams.

Superman came in a different way. There was an event called Convergence where Braniac broke through the boundaries of continuity, and was able to access all eras of DC history. He plucked up heroes and cities on the brink of Crises and continuity changes, and forced them to battle on his own planet. Superman and Lois were brought from the pre-Flashpoint DCU and transported to the New 52 when the event was over. They had a kid and lived in hiding till the N52 Superman died.

This should be printed on page 1 of every DC comic.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why is n52 superman dead?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Why is n52 superman dead?

The kryptonite therapy that brought his powers back from the previous run of Action Comics, plus going through the fire pits of Apokolips in the previous run of Justice League, and whatever happened with Rao in Justice League of America, which I didn't read because man Bryan Hitch sucks as a writer. As a result of all that he died and got turned into sand or something.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This opening arc of JL is much worse than his JLA run.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 21, 2016

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm pretty sure this Wally actually just always existed. It's why he was wearing the Kid Flash costume when he came back. They're currently in the middle of an arc explaining why what is basically New 52 Wally was erased/forgotten before Barry brought him back.

The erasure caused by Kadabra put Wally in the Speed Force, which gave him the knowledge of all the other poo poo that happened. Wally's not his early 30s self from Post-Crisis. He's his 20ish year old self from the New 52 who everyone forgot and who gained some memories. It's why the Titans only remember stuff about him from their Teen Titans days -- that stuff still happened in this universe (ala Titans Hunt), everyone just forgot. They haven't had a single old continuity memory spurned by Wally, just forgotten New 52 ones.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I missed an issue of JLA I think. Last thing I remember was Supes biting the big one. But then I guess he got better so he could have a significant death.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm still waiting for Darkseid War to be over. It has to end eventually right? Like Battlechasers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

I'm still waiting for Darkseid War to be over. It has to end eventually right? Like Battlechasers?

Uh, it's been over for like two months?