Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Gonna go watch that stupid hockey movie tomorrow. The tickets were free so its like, 'why not?'

I bet the fat one is the goalie and somehow the small one is the enforcer. In any event, I promise to post a trip report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

Gonna go watch that stupid hockey movie tomorrow. The tickets were free so its like, 'why not?'

I bet the fat one is the goalie and somehow the small one is the enforcer. In any event, I promise to post a trip report.
Always the fat one!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I got dragged to an awful Korean swimming movie by an ex a few years ago because it had some star she liked, and they had a rival team of evil American swimmers played entirely by Australians using their natural accents.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Australians ARE evil Americans

hodex
Aug 2, 2014

potato emoji
Hey guys. Looking to fly Tokyo > Seoul return later this year (November) - is Peach Air still the way to go, or is there another line of similar quality? Peach Air's flight departs at midnight and gets in at 2:30am so no the best for a holiday.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

hodex posted:

Hey guys. Looking to fly Tokyo > Seoul return later this year (November) - is Peach Air still the way to go, or is there another line of similar quality? Peach Air's flight departs at midnight and gets in at 2:30am so no the best for a holiday.

Or any day.

The savings don't really make up for the lost time, lodging and late night transportation logistics.

Unless you got some dollar value ticket

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

hodex posted:

I still like Peach Air a lot, so I'd recommend checking out a layover in Osaka because that's their main hub and they fly out if there very often.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Jeju air might be cheaper for that route

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)

hodex posted:

Seoul Air might have a route by then and I think Jin Air might fly then too.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There's also Air Busan, but they might only fly to Gimhae. If they fly to Seoul I'd guess it's Gimpo not Incheon.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

There's also Air Busan, but they might only fly to Gimhae. If they fly to Seoul I'd guess it's Gimpo not Incheon.

Air Seoul or Seoul Air is the Seoul sister company of Air Busan. If you read the Korea Times you would know :agesilaus:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

DontAskKant posted:

Air Seoul or Seoul Air is the Seoul sister company of Air Busan. If you read the Korea Times you would know :agesilaus:
I am a patriot so I only read Chosun-ilbo.

superm0nk
Jun 26, 2003

Aesis posted:

I am a patriot so I only read Chosun-ilbo.

How else would you know how to get canned ham out of the can?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

AmbientParadox posted:

Self-quoting to update yall.

The fat one is a field hockey player who ends up being fairly inconsequential to the cast except for being the motherly ajumma of the group. As per the cast, 3 is the goalie and 2 & 4 are the two who start off as rivals but by the end up becoming best friends. 6 is the primadonna figure skater, and 5 is autistic I guess.

All in all, it was basically Sunny meets Cool Runnings. So if you're still holding out for Mighty Ducks 4 or Cool Runnings 2, just watch this instead.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Mmm warm ham water all over the counter

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The tip of the day is the greatest discovery.

superm0nk
Jun 26, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

The tip of the day is the greatest discovery.
What? You didn't know how to dry laundry quickly?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Is that before or after I soak my clothes in leftover milk?

superm0nk
Jun 26, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Is that before or after I soak my clothes in leftover milk?
You're forgetting that that also works for curtains!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I was looking for new ways to make my apartment smell like rotting dairy.

nervana
Dec 9, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

I was looking for new ways to make my apartment smell like rotting dairy.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2015/09/30/2015093000490.html

in return for my services how about a new av for me

superm0nk
Jun 26, 2003

While there are cartoons going all the way back to 2004, the real tips seem to have started around 2008.

Who knew old milk had so many uses?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
The only 3 things you need to clean your kitchen are Vinegar, Baking Soda, and Soju.

In terms of traveling, we flew Air jeju back to Seoul from Osaka and it was relatively inexpensive. It was basically like flying Southwest but with a bunch of Korean people.

Also, you get to deal with everyone on the plane getting up at the same time.

빨리빨리 is truly a lifestyle.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Nah it's gotten better past couple of years. Passengers actually wait until engine is off these days.

Still doesn't change the fact that you can't go out faster than First/Business class passengers :v:

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Aesis posted:

Nah it's gotten better past couple of years. Passengers actually wait until engine is off these days.

Still doesn't change the fact that you can't go out faster than First/Business class passengers :v:

Don't be a poor dog and/or pig.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
To the person who wanted to move from Japan to Korea: unless you are deep in the inaka now and then move to Seoul, I don't think it's a very good transition. Korea kind of has the worst parts of living in Japan (insane and inefficient bureaucracy, racism, WE INVENTED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, crowding) with few unique benefits. I think Korean people are generally up their own asses a lot less, but overall, I prefer Japan.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

You know what's worse than everyone standing up at once on a plane?

The Oatmeal.

guri
Jun 14, 2001

bringmyfishback posted:

To the person who wanted to move from Japan to Korea: unless you are deep in the inaka now and then move to Seoul, I don't think it's a very good transition. Korea kind of has the worst parts of living in Japan (insane and inefficient bureaucracy, racism, WE INVENTED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, crowding) with few unique benefits. I think Korean people are generally up their own asses a lot less, but overall, I prefer Japan.
I went from Japan to Korea and am awfully happy here.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

guri posted:

I accept and cherish your difference of opinion. I respectfully present an alternate view.

e: I really just wanted to say how I felt. Wasn't slagging anyone or anyplace off. I hate how anything negative that gets posted here about Korea compared to other countries immediately ends with fighting. Think I should stop posting in this thread/reading it altogether. Welp, goodnight.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 23, 2016

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I'm not entirely sure posting a dissenting opinion with like 0 vitriol is a fight...

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
As a Korean, I say Korea sucks!

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

bringmyfishback posted:

I hate how anything negative that gets posted here about Korea compared to other countries immediately ends with fighting.

ONE PERSON said

quote:

Wumao, has China made you this soft to any dissenting opinion?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Anyone have a link to that expat blog where the teacher threw the google translated manifesto on the principals desk and stormed out?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
So tomorrow I'm finally going to Jeju, and it looks like it's going to rain the entire time I'm there. Any of you know of interesting 'indoor' activities on Jeju? We're strongly considering a trip to the Magpie Brewery.

Anything else?

nervana
Dec 9, 2010

AmbientParadox posted:

So tomorrow I'm finally going to Jeju, and it looks like it's going to rain the entire time I'm there. Any of you know of interesting 'indoor' activities on Jeju? We're strongly considering a trip to the Magpie Brewery.

Anything else?

Sex park obviously. Maybe the aquarium? Naver says Hello Kitty Island is a nice indoor activity. Honestly I think you're boned. Buy a rain jacket because all the nice stuff is outdoors.

Things I would be sad if I didn't get to do them: 우도, 성산일출봉/섭지코지

nervana fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 26, 2016

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I just got back from Jeju and those forecasts are bullshit. It's rainy in the middle of the island but all the good stuff is on the coast.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
The Nexon computer museum is highly rated

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Back from Jeju. we did the lava tubes and that crater mountain island thing nervana mentioned. Was nice time and I wish I could have stayed longer.. Still though, I can scratch Jeju off my bucket list now.

nervana
Dec 9, 2010

AmbientParadox posted:

Back from Jeju. we did the lava tubes and that crater mountain island thing nervana mentioned. Was nice time and I wish I could have stayed longer.. Still though, I can scratch Jeju off my bucket list now.

Let's go again. Does magpies do actual tours of their place or what. Guri are you going to show us where you put the special sauce in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

nervana posted:

Let's go again. Does magpies do actual tours of their place or what. Guri are you going to show us where you put the special sauce in?

I have no intention of getting on a plane again until I leave Korea.