Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
i dont think TSM will let hauntzer pick retarded poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
TSM is comprehensively better than every other team in NA atm and standard lanes greatly suit them. If they don't take first it would be a massive upset and I don't think I'm telling anyone anything they don't know when I say that.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
agreed

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

GreyPowerVan posted:

While I think impact is better than honker, I doubt he can make hauntzer tilt off like huni did.

Honker solo killed impact like 4 times in their regular season games lol

But playoffs Impact looks like a much better player than regular season impact I will give him that.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
impact looks good lately but tsm will win

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Hey how was the midlane stream? Worth watching? I only saw the first game and that was in the normal stream.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
phreak didn't commentate the midlane stream so yes it was much better

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

exethan posted:

phreak didn't commentate the midlane stream so yes it was much better

That's an excellent point.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

honker is probably the best top laner in NA, regularly winning his lane with zero assistance. his biggest weakness is that he sometimes gets caught split pushing on the weak side of the map with zero vision, but he's shown that he can play tanks or carries this split and has a big champion pool and really good diversity. i know it's easy to have good looking numbers on the top team since everyones numbers look good, but if you look at the underlying stuff like time spent top by the jungler or side wave farm distribution he's done really well regardless.

bjergsen is literally the best western midlaner and styles on everyone in NA with only the 6th largest gold share and a criminally small amount of side wave farm post 15 minutes. bjergsen is strictly the best player in NA or EU.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh and that 5th game in the lck final was legitimately the best game of league i can recall seeing in years.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

oh and that 5th game in the lck final was legitimately the best game of league i can recall seeing in years.

it was great

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

It was the best game since Bang's unbelievable performance on Lucian vs. CJ in the 2015 spring playoffs.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

TSM is comprehensively better than every other team in NA atm and standard lanes greatly suit them. If they don't take first it would be a massive upset and I don't think I'm telling anyone anything they don't know when I say that.

Probably true. I'd give CLG a better shot at an upset though - C9 is basically TSM lite while CLG has a different style. Maybe it clashes well against TSM? :shobon:

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

exethan posted:

3-0-0 to 3-7-0 im inclined to agree

While Pobelter didn't do all that great; I kinda wonder if IMT's draft tilted him. Earlier in the split in the Scarra interview he mentioned how IMT's drafting wasn't very good and that they weren't learning from their mistakes. This was obviously on display here with Huni deciding that non-meta top lane picks that require snowballing to work were a good idea. If you think you're good enough to make a snowball comp work you still shouldn't pick it and should do a normal draft because that would still beat your opponents without the risk.

Also I really disliked Wildturtle's Jihn builds; CDR doesn't help you when your ult does next to no damage because you're hitting tanks.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Huni is like a fist that only goes forward and breaks a finger in each successive game of a five game series. Also WildTurtle was poop in this series.

Immortals finish 2016 with a regular season record of 33-3 and a playoff record of 2-6 (0-2). What a bunch of fuckers. I really wanted to see a TSM IMT finale but C9 was no question the better team in this series.

As soon as I loaded up the vid this morning to watch Game 5 and Zirene says "it's a really risky composition here for Immortals and Cloud 9 have a lot of answers to their team" aka you lost draft loving hard with dumb picks.

Then I swapped to LMS finals highlights and saw MMD play insane on pure tanks while Flash Wolves did extremely high synergy terrain-creation wall banging compositions and I was like god drat it's crazy to see a good team draft and execute well.

Maybe Huni could play an actual tank in an important game and frontline for his team instead of playing a sidewinder missile that fell out of an airplane.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Maguoob posted:

Also I really disliked Wildturtle's Jihn builds; CDR doesn't help you when your ult does next to no damage because you're hitting tanks.

We argued this in the main thread and I'm of the opinion that the Essence Reaver build is stronger. That's up for debate and probably a minority opinion at this point in item balance; however, it wasn't really the item build that was problematic in this series it was that Turtle's target selection, positioning, and his team's ability to peel for him were all really bad. Some of that blame obviously goes to Huni for picking the poo poo he picked instead of anything that could help Turtle do his job.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
was cool when that espn article put imt as like the 6/7th best team in the world or w/e lol

VERY good team

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they probably could be one of the best teams in the world if not for their crippling retardation

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

loving hell Immortals, you bunch of bozos. What the gently caress was that? The only two players on that team that were consistent throughout the entire series were Reignover and Adrian.

Libertine posted:

Then I swapped to LMS finals highlights and saw MMD play insane on pure tanks while Flash Wolves did extremely high synergy terrain-creation wall banging compositions and I was like god drat it's crazy to see a good team draft and execute well.
I'm going to say that everyone in this thread should at least watch the highlights of this series, or this unofficial English cast of the series. Flash Wolves look really good and I'm very excited to see them at Worlds. They run a Poppy/Taliyah/Trundle comp in the first two games, it rules.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
You can see why IMT wins a lot in the regular season and why they get ranked by the media highly. They push the pace of the game even when they are losing, they are very good at side wave control so they can generally always trade an objective if you make a play. They are pretty good at skirmishing and team fighting.

I'd much rather see them at worlds than C9/CLG but their crippling bad brain-ness will cause them to lose the 3rd place match and the gauntlet

Killed By Death posted:

loving hell Immortals, you bunch of bozos. What the gently caress was that? The only two players on that team that were consistent throughout the entire series were Reignover and Adrian.

I think even RO was tilting in that series too imo, he made a bunch of weird mistakes. The only one who didnt seem to be enjoying the tilt-a-whirl was Adrian. I mean Wildturtle I guess too.

I was most disappointed in Pobelter, since he just never had much of an impact at all despite being a really drat good midlaner all year.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 21, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Here's the LMS Finals Highlights:

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Controversial opinion: IMT should make Deilor their coach instead of Jesiz.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 21, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

pretty interesting how alex and gglue both though pob was generally the "better" player that series but i dont think anyone casually watching the games walked away with that conclusion. the game 5 going so bad for him probably didn't help.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Jerkface posted:

You can see why IMT wins a lot in the regular season and why they get ranked by the media highly. They push the pace of the game even when they are losing, they are very good at side wave control so they can generally always trade an objective if you make a play. They are pretty good at skirmishing and team fighting.

I'd much rather see them at worlds than C9/CLG but their crippling bad brain-ness will cause them to lose the 3rd place match and the gauntlet

I think even RO was tilting in that series too imo, he made a bunch of weird mistakes. The only one who didnt seem to be enjoying the tilt-a-whirl was Adrian. I mean Wildturtle I guess too.

I was most disappointed in Pobelter, since he just never had much of an impact at all despite being a really drat good midlaner all year.

Here is how I'd like to see it go: 1st C9, 2nd CLG, 3rd TSM, and 4th IMT in playoffs. This would put TSM and IMT in the gauntlet. TL beats IMT and loses to TSM, so we end up with TL in 4th as required with C9, CLG, & TSM going to worlds.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

pretty interesting how alex and gglue both though pob was generally the "better" player that series but i dont think anyone casually watching the games walked away with that conclusion. the game 5 going so bad for him probably didn't help.

yes but C9 fans also think that Impact used to be the carry on SKT

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

yes but C9 fans also think that Impact used to be the carry on SKT

his jax was obscenely good

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

bjergsen is literally the best western midlaner and styles on everyone in NA with only the 6th largest gold share and a criminally small amount of side wave farm post 15 minutes. bjergsen is strictly the best player in NA or EU.

I thinkl perkz is really really good but I agree with this. Bjergsen is on another level right now.

Jensen is also really good, though. There are some good western midlaners right now.

e: holy poo poo I have a lot of games to watch tomorrow. Looks like H2K really poo poo the bed.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 21, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
play zed perkz you piece of poo poo

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I'm rooting for G2 in this match. I feel dirty.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

I thinkl perkz is really really good but I agree with this. Bjergsen is on another level right now.

Jensen is also really good, though. There are some good western midlaners right now.

e: holy poo poo I have a lot of games to watch tomorrow. Looks like H2K really poo poo the bed.

Nobody is on Bjergs level because he does what he does with a very small gold share. It's like him and Faker doing that and that's it.

edit: what i mean to say is, nobody else is even in the conversation.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 21, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
unicorns with the freljord comp

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

unicorns with the freljord comp

no Sejuani

no Trundle

:colbert:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lol

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
lol is UoL actually going to win this?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats right, league of legends

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Goddamnit G2 what the gently caress are you doing?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Unicorns are the best team in the world at making the enemy forget how to play league

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

uol are the eternal blue shell of EU LCS and its pretty funny

e. they're almost certainly going to lose this series but its going to be close somehow i bet

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wuxi posted:

Unicorns are the best team in the world at making the enemy forget how to play league

g2 drafted a comp whose sole engage is jhin and also havent played on the new patch yet. i'd be a little surprised if they ended up losing but their pick ban was dumb and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this patch being 100% gnar vs gp is pretty annoying

• Locked thread