Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Cyouni posted:

Lots of awesome advice.

Thanks! Switching to making special pieces instead of clearing the objectives really made a difference. I was able to three-star a couple of early stages that I had barely been able to pass before.

Also this happened:

I lost anyway. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

gmq posted:

I lost anyway. :negative:

...HOW? Two of those can go to filling your meter and eating most of the greens and the RNG beyond what I could estimate determines another 22 moves but you're mostly in the clear then. Especially if you get the meter filled and luck out with a popper.

Angry About Mobile Games

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

END ME SCOOB posted:

...HOW? Two of those can go to filling your meter and eating most of the greens and the RNG beyond what I could estimate determines another 22 moves but you're mostly in the clear then. Especially if you get the meter filled and luck out with a popper.

Angry About Mobile Games

My guess? One of the corner barriers survived. That's why I generally save a disco for later on, and try to stuff the same colour orb into all the hard-to-get corners, before blowing them up with the disco.

Two-layered corner barriers suck.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Cyouni posted:

My guess? One of the corner barriers survived. That's why I generally save a disco for later on, and try to stuff the same colour orb into all the hard-to-get corners, before blowing them up with the disco.

Two-layered corner barriers suck.

Ding ding ding!

I cleared the entire board and then spent all my moves trying to get the ONE corner barrier that survived.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

For the record I am a very large fan of (manga) Tuxedo Mask, but I'm also aware I'm a minority here.

Yeah I also prefer manga Mamoru myself. I like his character arc of struggling to find ways to support his future god-empress girlfriend when he's got the bargain bin of superpowers while all the girls around him are literal super heroes. It beats just being slightly exasperated by Usagi's antics while always arriving to battle scenes fashionably late.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Here's a tip that gets me either first place or missing the first star by 100 often:
You want to change the board more than anything else, because changes can and do lead to a huge combo. This doesn't necessarily mean switching two specials, just swap two objects so that the largest change in the board can happen if you can't mix two special blocks or make a special block. I've combined paint blocks with the most plentiful color in the stage before and gotten two paint blocks out of it. Also a 50 combo that got me up to the multi-hundred thousands.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Something else to keep in mind is how Luna Bonus works too. If you can get to the second level of Luna Bonus (8+ moves or more), it really piles on the score. For an event like this where stars are of the utmost importance you basically want to rack up as much score as possible, which really means "beat the level in as few moves as possible."

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

END ME SCOOB posted:

Our end goal in the castle is to steal Sage Beryl's loot talk briefly with Beryl and I'm incredibly curious if this conversation is different in Japanese, because in this version, it makes no sense. There is talk of people being "lead away" by a comet, and how if a God of Destruction were to rise from it, we'd all be better off dead.

Then Usagi tells her "Hey don't brainwash Endymion to your side, that wouldn't be 'real' love." and Beryl goes "Yeah I bet that bitch you look like would say that too."

So we steal all her poo poo.

END ME SCOOB posted:

Let's talk about the creepiest motherfucker Sailor Moon ever had to face off with, Prince Demande. In the anime, he "only" obsesses over Neo-Queen Serenity to the point that he tries capturing Sailor Moon repeatedly to make her love him, going so far as to try desperate brainwashing that fails. He gets some "redemption" there, dying to save her from an attack by Wiseman/Death Phantom.

Then there's the manga. Uh. Where do I even start.

His entire deal is "I want to hatefuck the Queen so bad". This is not even subtext, he straight up compares the disdain NQS has for him to Sailor Moon's disgusted face and goes "Ah, the same woman, BRING HER TO ME." When this fails, he's the guy who tries to end time itself out of spite, and in a lovely bit of final justice, both Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask curb-stomp the fucker. He is the absolute fedoralord of Sailor Moon.

So yes, the fact that his sole appearance in this game is trying to steal a corpse, probably to gently caress it, history be damned is 100% in character.

These two fuckers deserve each other. Both willing to destroy the motherfucking world just because they got salty they couldn't score.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Ryushikaze posted:

These two fuckers deserve each other. Both willing to destroy the motherfucking world just because they got salty they couldn't score.

If I wasn't working i would totally slap together a 'Here Lies Demande, He didn't Score' image but alas somebody else will probably beat me to the punch.

But isn't that essentially all of the villains Issues though? Other than Pharaoh 90 they're all just salty.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
No, that's really just Beryl and Demande, the rest have different ideas.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Doom Phantom just wants to wipe poo poo out and Nehellenia wants botox

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
I've been lurking this thread since the beginning (got here from the Sword of Truth Let's Read thread), and I couldn't resist any longer. I'm wwe565828 on Sailor Moon Drops. Would love to have goon friends. :)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Ok I cannot do this stage. gently caress Stage 12.

It'd be nice if I could modify the save to automatically unlock Ami and the other event characters and give myself a plethora of the premium items but of course its got some sorta unnecessary always-online bullshit that'll probably notice a changed save and delete all my progress or ban me or some poo poo if i modify it.

I can't even try to get loving special pieces save for stripes and the very occasional popper or prism but they're never any good because they either get wasted immediately by pieces dropping nearby (Stripes and Poppers do this all the loving time, but its worse when i've got three stripes all pointing the same way all getting stuck on the same line so two of them just end up getting wasted.) Or nothing good is nearby (Oh all the greens are in the corners? Well too bad the second you drop a green next to that prism i'll auto-clear them so more hearts and stars drop!)

Two barriers left? Too bad they're in the corner and the only moves i'll give you near there are ones that'll take pieces *out* of the barrier so they don't get cleared!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

This but Stage 25. Barrier stages are the worst. :negative:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

gmq posted:

I was stuck on 25, but a lucky Paint/Stripe combo got me through it.

Now I'm stuck on 26, for the reasons previously stated. :negative:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

gmq posted:

25 is the worst. I've burned something like 20 lives on it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I finally got past 27, had to go farm four more stars to get my 70.

Now back to flailing helplessly on the Black Moon stages.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

I was stuck on 25, but a lucky Paint/Stripe combo got me through it.

Now I'm stuck on 26, for the reasons previously stated. :negative:

I'm so glad I have such fun to look forward to after stage 21 :negative:

Also Makoto & Ami because they're obviously the best pair :colbert:

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

RMZXAnarchy posted:

It'd be nice if I could modify the save to automatically unlock Ami and the other event characters and give myself a plethora of the premium items but of course its got some sorta unnecessary always-online bullshit that'll probably notice a changed save and delete all my progress or ban me or some poo poo if i modify it.

There's a hacked client that gives you infinite premium items and stuff, but it's broken at the moment in that when you get stamps for a stamp card, you get infinite and it just keeps looping forever giving you hearts and poo poo. Can't move on until it finishes its infinite backlog.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I am vastly considering safely exiting out of the event without any more rewards. There's two stages till the next unlock, one of which is a barrier stage (gently caress barrier stages), and the unlock is 110 stars.

I have 98.

It's doable, but the rewards are only around 6 growth stamps, and the growth crystal is at 135 stars.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Cyouni posted:

I am vastly considering safely exiting out of the event without any more rewards. There's two stages till the next unlock, one of which is a barrier stage (gently caress barrier stages), and the unlock is 110 stars.

I have 98.

It's doable, but the rewards are only around 6 growth stamps, and the growth crystal is at 135 stars.

Yeah, I got out once I hit 70. Until they start forcing people to clear all five circuits, however they're presented, I'm happy just going to three and getting the character.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

There's a hacked client that gives you infinite premium items and stuff, but it's broken at the moment in that when you get stamps for a stamp card, you get infinite and it just keeps looping forever giving you hearts and poo poo. Can't move on until it finishes its infinite backlog.

This wouldn't be on iOS would it?
(i mean I can use bluestacks, so its no big deal if it isn't, any links? I'm sure there's gotta be some way to share save data to avoid the heart stamp infinity)

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 23, 2016

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

ShadowedFlames posted:

Yeah, I got out once I hit 70. Until they start forcing people to clear all five circuits, however they're presented, I'm happy just going to three and getting the character.

I don't really mind doing all five circuits (as shown by me actually going up to that stage), but the rewards this time aren't really worth the amount of effort I'd have to invest into it. In the previous events, you got items every two-three stages, as well as growth stamps or other items for clearing it. This...not so much, especially since I have enough growth crystals stocked to max level a character any time I feel like it. Given the previous stages, I can probably expect to see at least another two barrier stages, and probably a harder version of stage 26.

Feels so bad leaving it unfinished, though.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

RMZXAnarchy posted:

This wouldn't be on iOS would it?
(i mean I can use bluestacks, so its no big deal if it isn't, any links? I'm sure there's gotta be some way to share save data to avoid the heart stamp infinity)

This doesn't seem to be :filez:, so as requested, AlphaGamer's hack for the latest version.

I of course apologize to anyone who gives a poo poo about the leaderboards or whatever, but for just playing Sailor Moon-themed Bejeweled, this is better than "oh well I guess I'm stuck here until the game says I can play again".

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

:boom:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

RMZXAnarchy posted:

But isn't that essentially all of the villains Issues though? Other than Pharaoh 90 they're all just salty.

Hahahahahaha no. I will actually go there.

Four Kings - brainwashed
Beryl - varies (thirsty for Endymion/absolutely against Usagi's insane self having the Silver Crystal at all costs)
Metallia - cosmic horror
Spectre Sisters - live on Nemesis, which is a shithole, and would like to not
Rubeus - gently caress THIS DUDE
Saphir - see Spectre Sisters but with a bit more familial Stockholm Syndrome
Black Lady - thirsty for Daddy, which as we learned this week, is cultural appropriation
Demande - thirsty for any sort of Serenity he can get his hands on, no matter what
Death Phantom - gently caress YOU SILVER CRYSTALLLLLLLL
Witches 5 - wanting to be Best Girl for their boss
Prof. Tomoe - literally an alien puppet to save his daughter
Mistress 9 - wishes to end all life due to having the stupidest name in the series by a mile
Pharaoh 90 - combine Mistress 9 and Metallia

And just in case anyone decides to look into further stuff this game won't touch on, tagging the last few:

Amazon Trio - literally animals
Amazoness Quartet - see Four Kings, but shittier
Queen Nehellenia - varies (either "literally the wicked queen from Sleeping Beauty" or a dark mirror to the original Queen Serenity unsealed by an eclipse)
Sailor Galaxia - varies (either "the most powerful sailor ever does the dumbest thing and shoves Diablo's soulstone into her forehead" or "playing the fate of the galaxy on a knife's edge by trying to use sailor moon's power to thwart the ultimate cosmic horror and then become the conqueror of all survivors")
Chaos - does this... really need an explanation?

Anyway I made this post to tell you who's coming with me on the next update.

code:
mercury + jupiter xxxxxx
jupiter + mars    xxxx
mercury + pluto   xx
pluto + saturn    xx
pluto + jupiter   x
venus + jupiter   x
mercury + neptune x
venus + mars      x
mercury + mars    x
venus + pluto     x
uranus + neptune  x
uranus + pluto    x
Because of the duplicates in the lead, the party has just become Chibi-Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, Mars, and Pluto.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I look forward to Chibi-Moon realizing her magical destiny: to facetank goddamn everything.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad the one true OTP is getting its time to shine.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Hey, you know what's an incredible pain in my dick? When Sailors can do 78 damage to a boss but 3000 damage to each other.

Hint: nobody in my party can have over 999 HP.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

Our end goal in the castle is to steal Sage Beryl's loot talk briefly with Beryl and I'm incredibly curious if this conversation is different in Japanese, because in this version, it makes no sense. There is talk of people being "lead away" by a comet, and how if a God of Destruction were to rise from it, we'd all be better off dead.

Then Usagi tells her "Hey don't brainwash Endymion to your side, that wouldn't be 'real' love." and Beryl goes "Yeah I bet that bitch you look like would say that too."
Bit late on this one, but: it's not "led away", but more "led astray" or "seduced". The one it's happening to is Beryl, and she seems genuinely grateful to Usagi for snapping her out of it. I don't know if the rest of this game or Sailor Moon in general bears this out, but I assume the "dark god" that's awakening is Metallia, and Beryl's dead right when she says it's trouble.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

FractalSandwich posted:

Bit late on this one, but: it's not "led away", but more "led astray" or "seduced". The one it's happening to is Beryl, and she seems genuinely grateful to Usagi for snapping her out of it. I don't know if the rest of this game or Sailor Moon in general bears this out, but I assume the "dark god" that's awakening is Metallia, and Beryl's dead right when she says it's trouble.

Odd. The way it reads in the translation, it's more like

Beryl: Maybe I should worship Apsu's comet (instead of Metallia)
Usagi: No, that'll never turn out well.
Beryl: Yeah, you two do know your stuff sometimes.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Also it literally says "lead away", with that typo.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MightyPretenders posted:

Odd. The way it reads in the translation, it's more like

Beryl: Maybe I should worship Apsu's comet (instead of Metallia)
Usagi: No, that'll never turn out well.
Beryl: Yeah, you two do know your stuff sometimes.
Okay, I have to level with you here: I can barely follow what's going on in this story at all. I'm super unclear on whether Beryl is supposed to already be evil at this point. If the comet isn't part of the original timeline, then yeah, I guess she must be and it's a "villain that wants to rule the world fighting one that wants to destroy it" situation.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

FractalSandwich posted:

Okay, I have to level with you here: I can barely follow what's going on in this story at all.

Good news: when we finish this chapter and go into endgame I'm going to summarize with the help of a pal. It's stupider than you think.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Okay. I'm glad it's genuinely stupid, and it's not that my Japanese isn't good enough to understand a game for children.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

END ME SCOOB posted:

Good news: when we finish this chapter and go into endgame I'm going to summarize with the help of a pal. It's stupider than you think.

I can only imagine.

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012
Not to derail the thread or turn in into Let's Talk about Sailor Moon, but I found this on YouTube and it's hilarious, the person that wrote/directed this did an awesome job for not having a budget and the actors/actresses being friends/family. Give it a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNOMgaAHYSw

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Likewise! :):hf::)

I spent something like 30 lives on level 25, and then got level 26 in one try :psyduck:

flocons de mais
Oct 4, 2008

I did it and I am really surprised I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I got Ami (thanks to cheats, sorry to all those who've had their leaderboards end up with my score on top, i'm just trying to enjoy the game like a regular non-freemium experience) and then intentionally used the infinite growth stamp glitch to max everybody out. I'm doing this for all the cute animations.

• Locked thread