Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Baloogan posted:

harlan has the worst face in cable news

oh i'll bet he gets real mad when someone calls him out on tv. please tell me his voice goes up multiple octaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

oh i'll bet he gets real mad when someone calls him out on tv. please tell me his voice goes up multiple octaves.

his gimmick is that he is a millenial democrat who just sees how awesome conservatism is and now is voting republican

on fox news no one calls him on this

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Baloogan posted:

his gimmick is that he is a millenial democrat who just sees how awesome conservatism is and now is voting republican

on fox news no one calls him on this

oh duh, didn't look at the watermark.:downs:

well, he looks like a delight who isn't out of touch in the slightest.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Baloogan posted:

lol this guy went to a very small school with me. i know him sort of well

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

take a guess how many friends he had

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Karl Barks posted:

lol this guy went to a very small school with me. i know him sort of well

did you or others just go into insane face-punching fugue-states when you saw him? because god that's a punchable face.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 00:31 on Aug 20, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

he had a "real estate business" at 11 years old and told everyone he paid taxes

his parents basically gave him money to gently caress around with

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

what is it about these shitheels that makes them choose the bow tie, every time

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! posted:

what is it about these shitheels that makes them choose the bow tie, every time

lol he's old charleston, sc money. they all wear bowties cause they're loving dweebs

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
zidder, make me a ik

tia

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Majorian posted:

no but the bowtie starts spinning fast enough to provide takeoff thrust for a cessna 172

zen death robot posted:

Poppy Harlow is the worst name in cable news, i mean this literally - like it's a terrible name

candy crowley

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I just want to say I had a good laugh at the username Baloogan_C5.

Poppy Crowley and Candy Harlow.

E: Zed, you pass for reasonably smart, or at least knowledgeable. Could you point me towards some place in YOSPOS that can help to keep me from failin the C++ class that I foolishly signed up for?

Please?

Solvent has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Aug 20, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Classic Comrade posted:

i'm voting for la riva probably :)

rhode island is cool because they do not throw away write ins and write ins do not ruin the rest of ur ballot :angel:

Why her of the options? I looked at her site and I'm finding no actual platform and most of her stuff on stuff like on the issues is from 08, what's her big draw for you?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Solvent posted:

E: Zed, you pass for reasonably smart, or at least knowledgeable. Could you point me towards some place in YOSPOS that can help to keep me from failin the C++ class that I foolishly signed up for?

Please?

let us do ur homework for u

code:
#include<iostream>
#define DONALD int main(){
#define loving std::cout<<"hello cspam";
#define TRUMP }

DONALD
loving
TRUMP

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Baloogan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoSlRf1NtGw

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Baloogan posted:

let us do ur homework for u

code:

#include<iostream>
#define DONALD int main(){
#define loving std::cout<<"hello cspam";
#define TRUMP }

DONALD
loving
TRUMP

Ha! For some reason that almost looks informative.
Honestly I'm thinking I'm just nervous about nothing.
The course looks to be well laid out, and the teacher seems really cool.

E: After emailing the teacher, he sent me a link to some sort of course directory. In it I found this neat but long essay called "in the beginning was the command line" by Neal Stephenson. It's been a really useful primer. I feel like I'm warming up to all this, getting a grasp on what it all is more or less.

Solvent has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Aug 20, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i feel like there should be more new threads... trying to think of some good ones here's what i've got

harambe: let's talk more about harambe and how funny that is
barack obama's birth certificate
israel and palestine

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

pictures of your dog thread

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Solvent posted:

Ha! For some reason that almost looks informative.
Honestly I'm thinking I'm just nervous about nothing.
The course looks to be well laid out, and the teacher seems really cool.

E: After emailing the teacher, he sent me a link to some sort of course directory. In it I found this neat but long essay called "in the beginning was the command line" by Neal Stephenson. It's been a really useful primer. I feel like I'm warming up to all this, getting a grasp on what it all is more or less.
There's also The Cavern of COBOL subforum, especially this thread which looks like it could be helpful.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

i feel like there should be more new threads... trying to think of some good ones here's what i've got

israel and palestine

name a political figure and guess whether they are dead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb: probably not dead

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

Jeb: probably not dead

depends if we mean physically or emotionally

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Solvent posted:

Please?

all we're going to do is laugh at you for using c++

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

frankenfreak posted:

There's also The Cavern of COBOL subforum, especially this thread which looks like it could be helpful.

Thanks!
That actually is pretty reassuring to see. I'd looked around but couldn't find anything that specific. I figure I'll be reading a bunch there.
Class starts Monday night!

uncurable mlady posted:

I'm actually going to have to learn MATLAB inside out at some point. I have to take four units of a programming language as a transfer requirement, and my neckbeard has been itching to learn more about Linux/Unix for some time now. Besides, it was this or Java, and I just felt it'd be more useful to learn about C/C++. So far I'm not disappointed.

That "in the beginning" essay was actually surprisingly relevant to this thread:

"The global anti culture that has been conveyed into every cranny of the world by television is a culture unto itself, and by the standards of great and ancient cultures like Islam and France, it seems grossly inferior, at least at first. The only good thing you an say about it is it makes world wars and Holocausts less likely-- and that is actually a pretty good thing!"

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Karl Barks posted:

israel and palestine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA

A topic about this video would probably be better.
Kinda option #1 but different.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

uncurable mlady posted:

Well while C# is more favorable, at least it's not javascript or js-like like this: https://solidity.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Aug 21, 2016

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Karl Barks posted:

israel and palestine

If you, or anyone else really, does post an I&P thread I'm going to watch it fairly carefully. The one in D&D has been....troubled, shall we say, and I'd prefer to keep some of the worst sorts of posting seen there from migrating here.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i dont think we can handle I/P :[

i mean we already have casual and hilarious antisemitism (((sheriffs))) and theres the whole "islam biotruths" crowd

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Captain_Maclaine posted:

If you, or anyone else really, does post an I&P thread I'm going to watch it fairly carefully. The one in D&D has been....troubled, shall we say, and I'd prefer to keep some of the worst sorts of posting seen there from migrating here.

People get really mad about that I&P stuff. For good reason I'm sure. In the words of the Zohan "is not so cut and dry". In the end I'm probably pro Israel because I'm a cultural imperialist at heart, and feel the only way towards my beloved nerdgasam, one world, post scarcity, Star Trek future is through a kind of infectious consumer culture. That being said I'd like to quote the next couple paragraphs of that essay, where it starts to get a little Balooganesque:

"The only real problem is that anyone who has no culture, other than this global monoculture, is completely screwed. Anyone who grows up watching TV, never sees any religion or philosophy, is raised in an atmosphere of moral relativism, learns about civics from watching bimbo eruptions on network TV news, and attends a university where postmodernist vie to outdo each other in demolishing traditional notions of truth and quality, is going to come out into the world as one pretty feckless human being. And --again-- perhaps the goal of all this is to make us feckless so we won't nuke each other.

On the other hand, if you are raised within some specific culture, you end up with a basic set of tools that you can use to think about and understand the world. You might use these tools to reject the culture you were raised in, but at least you've got some tools.

In this country the people who run things -- who populate major law firms and corporate boards -- understand all of this at some level. They pay lip service to multiculturalism and diversity and non-judgementtalness, but they don't raise their own children that way."

I personally am of the idea that our future will arise through this dialogue. Moderating the shittier posters here on SA is a good way to go about allowing this dialogue (in this case the I&P running gunfight of a dialogue) to occur at all, as in the real world it's impossible to have these conversations in any sort of polite company. Something Awful in all its dead gay faults, is actually a really well run place for all its extremes of diversity in terms of view point. Comedy being the glue that binds together the tattered edges of our ideas.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Lol I was mostly kidding cause yeah... I don't think that would end well at this juncture

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like c-spam could better handle i/p

but we need to get avshalom to immigrate to c-spam, it just won't be the same without her

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Baloogan posted:

i dont think we can handle I/P :[

i mean we already have casual and hilarious antisemitism (((sheriffs))) and theres the whole "islam biotruths" crowd

It would likely give me ample opportunity to ban MIGF, and that at least is never a bad thing.

Karl Barks posted:

Lol I was mostly kidding cause yeah... I don't think that would end well at this juncture

The seriousness of your two other suggestions fooled me. :colbert:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

i feel like c-spam could better handle i/p

but we need to get avshalom to immigrate to c-spam, it just won't be the same without her

avshalom is the best poet on SA imo

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ThndrShk2k posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA

A topic about this video would probably be better.
Kinda option #1 but different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU95v23MQ4c

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

Well while C# is more favorable, at least it's not javascript or js-like like this: https://solidity.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

lol bitcoin

also c++ dude it sounds like you are interested in academic programming? we actually have people that do that

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Nope. lol.

But yeah, javascript is pretty terrible for writing stuff in.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

eh it's ok for some things

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

people who say javascript is bad are always fart huffing back end developers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Yeah... I went there b*tch