Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zephyrine posted:

I have no idea what this is but if I ever played Lucio then this would certainly be the skin.

It's hockey. You've never heard of hockey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Bruceski posted:

It's hockey. You've never heard of hockey?

No I meant the theme. I never looked at the Lucio skins so I wasn't sure if it was an olympic thing or a generic thing. It was just there.

I'm Swedish! I'm totally aware of Hockey.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zephyrine posted:

No I meant the theme. I never looked at the Lucio skins so I wasn't sure if it was an olympic thing or a generic thing. It was just there.

I'm Swedish! I'm totally aware of Hockey.

My apologies. In my defense, it's way too late here.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Bruceski posted:

My apologies. In my defense, it's way too late here.

Now I'm only vaguely aware of Hockey. An ex once took me to a Hockey game and I asked how long a game was and he said "three times 20 minutes" and I was like "oh great. I can endure an hour of Hockey"

Three and a half hours later we were still sitting there :suicide:

I wish I could tolerate twilight. Then I could have paid him back with a vengeance.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 21, 2016

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

To be fair, the fact Lucio has hockey-themed legendary skins is kind of baffling. He's Brazilian! I guess they gave him those because he has... skates? Maybe? :psyduck: The olympic football one makes so much more sense.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Had fun playing QP with goons tonight and discussing the real world ramifications of BattleBots.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't know what about that reaper skin is inspired by grim fandango?

it looks like a day of the dead skin to me

Asimo posted:

To be fair, the fact Lucio has hockey-themed legendary skins is kind of baffling. He's Brazilian! I guess they gave him those because he has... skates? Maybe? :psyduck: The olympic football one makes so much more sense.

so? they had an idea for a skin and they put it in. it's not like it makes less sense than pharah or roadhog's skins

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I thought Lucio was Jamaican (the flag on his football skin plus dreads) and that the Hockey skin was some sort of nod to that Jamican Bobsleigh movie. Like "It's not his thing which makes it funny"

Edit: Him being Brazilian makes more sense though

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 21, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a friend that only really plays when I'm around and he constantly talks about how I'm MVP, how I seriously help carry him etc but he had a higher rank in Competitive Season 1 and his stats on the tracker website beat mine out and I'm not sure if he's trying to tell me something or what at this point :negative:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So is there no way to report a player on ps4? Had a dude last week that intentionally threw a comp game right when we started

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm level 120 and haven't got a single Lucio skin, at all. I think I've gotten at least one skin for every other character.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Papercut posted:

I'm level 120 and haven't got a single Lucio skin, at all. I think I've gotten at least one skin for every other character.

Sup. :frogc00l:

This is, along with the soccer emote, basically the only Lucio drop I've ever got and I'm the same level as you. I went and bought that highlight intro where he's spinning VR records and now I have a gold frog-man who plays soccer and spins discs before he boops you and your three best friends into a pit.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

We joined a game of Lucioball and somehow got scored on before anyone on the team loaded. A guy on the other side globaled "quit, bitch" at us and then we beat them 4-2.

That's my story. Suck a dick, weird toxic lucioball player

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Am I imagining things or are the purple summer games skins more rare than the legendary skins?

The only ones I still want are Mercy/D.va but I don't think it's gonna happen

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I've got three weightlifter Zaryas so far, I guess the game is trying to tell me Roadhog is out of the meta.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I see roadhogs in basically every game

They're really good against non-pros. Being able to oneshot one of the enemy team is huge

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've now gotten the Games skins for Genji, McCree, and Lucio, and I don't play Genji or McCree. I really want the Tracer team GB one, because flag as a cape wearing yob suits her accent perfectly.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm tapping out of summer box grinding. Had a string of horrible games and I'm only getting items for Widow so I'm taking this as a sign.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Am I imagining things or are the purple summer games skins more rare than the legendary skins?

The only ones I still want are Mercy/D.va but I don't think it's gonna happen
Now that you mention it, I've gotten four legendary summer skins but only one purple. :raise:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Oh, and I also want the S76 golf swing victory pose, because it's awesome. Time to start grinding boxes, hard and fast.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Asimo posted:

Now that you mention it, I've gotten four legendary summer skins but only one purple. :raise:

I've gotten three summer legendaries and one purple. Interesting.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
You've got a higher chance of getting summer legendaries, since at least one summer item is guaranteed in each box, and there aren't really that many summer items compared to normal ones

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I got three Mercy skins. They look great next to my non-existent USA flag and USA mccree

my patriotism boner is deflated

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I wonder how Blizzard feels about the current pro meta. Every team at the top of ESL is running Lucio, Zenyatta, McCree, Zarya and Reinhard (sometimes Winston), with one flex slot (usually Reaper/Tracer/Genji). The games seem to be mostly decided by how well your McCree performs against theirs.

Also rest in peace Mercy, she's nowhere to be seen.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 21, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well theyre nerfing lucio, genji and zenystta and buffing mercy

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

This game is so simplistic that there is never going to be much variety at high levels. It's not like dota where you will see different strategies because it's shallow and there are only 3 roles. There will always be a best in role and so don't expect much variety. Nerfs will only change the comp not add diversity.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Double Bill posted:

I wonder how Blizzard feels about the current pro meta. Every team at the top of ESL is running Lucio, Zenyatta, McCree, Zarya and Reinhard (sometimes Winston), with one flex slot (usually Reaper/Tracer/Genji). The games seem to be mostly decided by how well your McCree performs against theirs.

Also rest in peace Mercy, she's nowhere to be seen.

My guess is that no matter who Blizzard needs and/or buffs that pro level play is invariably going to be comprised of largely identical team comps going at it because that's how competitive metas tend to work unless there are additional restrictions such as drafts or bans in place.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

flashman posted:

This game is so simplistic that there is never going to be much variety at high levels. It's not like dota where you will see different strategies because it's shallow and there are only 3 roles. There will always be a best in role and so don't expect much variety. Nerfs will only change the comp not add diversity.

yup

it's fun to play but it will not last as an ~~~~~ESPORT~~~~~

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Supercar Gautier posted:

The next event will most definitely be Halloween (dataminers found a Halloween voice line for Genji), and that's probably when we'll find out whether they'll be changing the policy on event skins and currency.

There's also the Polaroid pic on the Osprey of Torb and Mercy dressed up as a viking and a witch. Which is kinda disappointing, I want box-bot Torb spouting bot-cist stuff.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
McCree has kind of fallen out of favor to double flankers, because double flankers are able to survive/counter double flankers, but eat McCree alive.

He's still definitely good and can make huge changes, but the only time he can survive the flanker meta is if they enemy team has a Reaper and there are open spaces. If the other team is running Tracer/Genji he is meat.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 21, 2016

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Minrad posted:

yup

it's fun to play but it will not last as an ~~~~~ESPORT~~~~~

No, it'll last as long as Blizzard keeps hurling money at it, and they'll keep hurling money at it as long as they keep getting money from people buying boxes. Having the game consistently be on the front page of twitch is fantastic advertising, and the best way to keep games on the front page of twitch is to keep pushing tournaments involving popular streamers.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
so the hanjo buff makes his bow about as good as the huntsman in TF2

Which is to say, I have joined team SAKE!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Can anyone name a good and simple to use video editor? I don't mind paying for it.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

My guess is that no matter who Blizzard needs and/or buffs that pro level play is invariably going to be comprised of largely identical team comps going at it because that's how competitive metas tend to work unless there are additional restrictions such as drafts or bans in place.

I don't really mind a static tournament meta, the problem is that online pubbies tend to use pro picks as their Bible, and anyone picking something else is literally Hitler sabotaging their game.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Pubbies will find a way to be a problem even if the meta is a robust, diverse line-up including every single character. Just ignore them and play how you want to play.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I really liked Lucioball when it first came out. It's basically unplayable now though. :smith:

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Double Bill posted:

I don't really mind a static tournament meta, the problem is that online pubbies tend to use pro picks as their Bible, and anyone picking something else is literally Hitler sabotaging their game.

This is probably the most annoying thing right now that makes me not want to play competitive. Competitive players are so serious they literally yell at you for picking anything that isn't pro meta.

I'd like a mode where people are trying to coordinate instead of the usual qp fuckery, but without the dire consequences for losing that makes some people lose their minds.

Edit: who am I kidding, people will always flip their poo poo and blame everyone else for their falures, nevermind

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Mukaikubo posted:

I really liked Lucioball when it first came out. It's basically unplayable now though. :smith:

Just buy rocket league. It's fun even when you're bad at it and doesn't devolve into cheese as people get better.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

Can anyone name a good and simple to use video editor? I don't mind paying for it.

Premiere is reasonably simple to use once you realize you probably won't use 90% of the UI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

resistentialism posted:

Just buy rocket league. It's fun even when you're bad at it and doesn't devolve into cheese as people get better.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would play Lucioball when Rocket League exists. Additionally, if you somehow missed out on Rocket League you should definitely check it out.