Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

taqueso posted:

That's the true cassette experience.

"I always knew it would end like this"

The best case scenario is when the casette is one of those aux cable adapters.

Anagram of GINGER has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Aug 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I wanted to try making Singapore Slings, so

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Not a real purchase, but it saved me from having to make one: Best Buy replaced my damaged Roomba no questions asked, even when iRobot said they wouldn't be able to warranty it.

gently caress yeah Best Buy. (only time I will ever say this)

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

strangemusic posted:

Not a real purchase, but it saved me from having to make one: Best Buy replaced my damaged Roomba no questions asked, even when iRobot said they wouldn't be able to warranty it.

gently caress yeah Best Buy. (only time I will ever say this)

Which one do you have? How do you like it?

A few weeks ago I sunk some money into a roomba 650 from some sketchy mybigcommerce site. Fifty fifty whether I actually get anything other than my paypal hacked.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

OSU_Matthew posted:

Which one do you have? How do you like it?

A few weeks ago I sunk some money into a roomba 650 from some sketchy mybigcommerce site. Fifty fifty whether I actually get anything other than my paypal hacked.

I have a model 761 and I like it plenty because, even though it has scheduling, I just hit the Clean button when I leave for work and I come home to a spotless apartment floor. With a Lithium battery replacement it basically goes forever: my place is not that big so it does a super thorough job. I think the little barrier-box things are the weakest part of the system to be honest. It's not great around cords/wires so if you have any sort of audiovisual stuff, try to stop it from running over the wiring.

I would caution you to avoid water like the plague: a tiny tiny bit got into the unit from my cat's water dish, causing the complete failure of the first one.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Aug 20, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The very first thing you do after unboxing it is to create DJ Roomba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhsUPtsiLU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Incorrect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt5rBfNucc

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MG3 posted:

I have a casette deck in my car, but i use it to play music from my iphone. I dont remember the last time I saw a casette, but thanks for reminding me to buy some Bowmore
hopefully the heads are clean and it doesn't eat the tape

good luck

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

5 star holiday to Mauritius and some flights on a freakin dreamliner. I am so stoked.
Photos of beaches are boring but a vintage rolls Royce towing a food cart is rad!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

I love how the lady is just completely accustomed to this occurrence.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
I don't have an opinion on PCOSbill but I do like that he leaves a wake of upset goons when he posts.

Anyway I adopted a Shiba Inu

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Post pics. And smooch it a whole bunch.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Here in my garage, just bought these four tires for my Lamborghini CTS-V for eight hundred and thirty fuel units

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
you know what I like more than material things?

NAWLIDGE

And also beer, like these ones I just bought.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Jmcrofts posted:

you know what I like more than material things?

NAWLIDGE

And also beer, like these ones I just bought.

You know what I like more than seven loving bookshelves is space in my garage and my Kindle

reference for any scrubs not living on fuel units
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zd7-Q1xA3M

Anagram of GINGER has a new favorite as of 05:30 on Aug 21, 2016

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Horse Clocks posted:

Beretta started making staplers?!

:britain:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I just bought a bunch of lovely IKEA furniture since I just moved into a new apartment and needed some stuff that we needed and couldn't wait to find at the thrift store. $300 dollars later, we are very happy with particle board.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Just bought my first plane ticket ever, so I can visit my friend in Louisiana in December!

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Elsa posted:

Here in my garage, just bought these four tires for my Lamborghini CTS-V for eight hundred and thirty fuel units

Nice looking V1. I sure miss my V2. Any mods?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Bear with me, the rear door to our house is original, west-facing, has a dog door cut into it (we will never own a dog), a single pane window, and I can see light coming in from under it in the afternoon. Replacing it with a fiberglass half-window double-panel door w/ double pane glass and internal blind. I'm excited to have something with a blind on it that actually seals all the way around with a hint of heat insulation in the window.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

These were 20% off at DSW for some reason, but $90 is still about $20 more than I'd like to pay

I returned those and got these instead

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

Bear with me, the rear door to our house is original, west-facing, has a dog door cut into it (we will never own a dog), a single pane window, and I can see light coming in from under it in the afternoon. Replacing it with a fiberglass half-window double-panel door w/ double pane glass and internal blind. I'm excited to have something with a blind on it that actually seals all the way around with a hint of heat insulation in the window.

When I bought my house, the rear door from the mudroom was just a patio door that didn't even lock.

I mean, I love living in a small town where people don't even feel the need to have locking rear door, but man, first thing I did on moving in was knock that sucker out and put in a proper steel exterior door. Hands down the best hundred and fifty bucks I ever spent.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Josh Lyman posted:

I returned those and got these instead

So fly.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Rolo posted:

So fly.

:agreed:

It's been far too long since someone has bought fugly shoes in this thread

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OSU_Matthew posted:

:agreed:

It's been far too long since someone has bought fugly shoes in this thread
I bet you think this other colorway I was considering are better :colbert:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Josh Lyman posted:

I bet you think this other colorway I was considering are better :colbert:

drat, they're both excellent :negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My dress is fairly conservative but disgusting neon running shoes are just so great.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
What kind of Nikes are those? I have a 6 year old pair of Asics (Noosa Tri 7) that will eventually need replacing.

But drat 6 years of use from daily shoes is awesome. Props to Asics.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Rolo posted:

What kind of Nikes are those? I have a 6 year old pair of Asics (Noosa Tri 7) that will eventually need replacing.

But drat 6 years of use from daily shoes is awesome. Props to Asics.

Why switch to nike from Asics?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Don't y'all get bored of wearing the same shoes every day? And running shoes at that, dang.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MG3 posted:

Why switch to nike from Asics?

I just like the way they look :ducksiren:

Coffee And Pie posted:

Don't y'all get bored of wearing the same shoes every day? And running shoes at that, dang.

They're insanely comfortable and they breath well. Plus they look good with shorts I think.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Coffee And Pie posted:

I have like 10 pairs of shoes and I cycle through them. I wear one pair for months at a time, one strikes my fancy and I wear them for a while.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Winter:

Summer:

:dance:

(Not really. I have way more shoes than these, but they're my favorites.)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Including house sandals and specialized athletic shoes (golf, tennis, and soccer), I own 19 pairs not including the ones I just ordered.

I should probably work on that.

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Aug 21, 2016

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
Asics made the best track spikes I ever owned. So suddenly, years later, I think, "Why the gently caress don't I buy Asics shoes?"

(Nike started by importing "advanced" shoes not available in America -- Asics)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Who's gonna be a cool enough dude (or lady) to get a pair of these:

http://www.banggood.com/Unisex-USB-LED-Light-Lace-Up-High-Top-Luminous-Sportswear-Couple-Sneakers-p-1067076.html

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

I have to say, they blow the light-up shoes I had as a kid out of the water.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Someone at the Halsey concert I went to had a pair of those. It was a real fast turnaround from kinda cool to the loving worst actually seeing them in the flesh. They flashed so much they gave me a migraine and kept distracting me from the show.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

SImilar but less dumb, are these:

Adidas Tubular Invader Strap. I just got a pair and while some may decry them as a "poor man's Yeezy" I like them for what they are. All the rest of the Tubular line look like life rafts for your feet and go a little too hard with all the ribbing and the webbing and the sock bits, these are a lot classier. Click for yuuuge.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Ordered a new gun part :homebrew: