Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Butterflysmasher posted:

So if you stream Rock Band 4 from xb1 to PC you can use usb microphones.
there is some lag introduced obviously but pretty cool nonetheless.
Stage kit doesnt work tho

The legacy USB thing will be magical and make all drums and mics and stage kit and wired guitars all work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Ultimate Mango posted:

The legacy USB thing will be magical and make all drums and mics and stage kit and wired guitars all work.
As if the adapter is going to work with hubs and not require up to three additional purchases.

Butterflysmasher posted:

So if you stream Rock Band 4 from xb1 to PC you can use usb microphones.
there is some lag introduced obviously but pretty cool nonetheless.
Stage kit doesnt work tho

Wait, you mean, USB microphones in your PC? :aaaaa:

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 14, 2016

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

Orange Harrison posted:

Wait, you mean, USB microphones in your PC? :aaaaa:
Yep. noticed it doesn't work on talkie bits, but pitched parts worked fine with a headset giving me better results (less arrow warble and faster filling up of meter)than a matcatz RB3 mic I use on the console.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rockband/status/765186331915845632

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Wonder if they're going to use this version of "Everything You Want"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C59lpRjrOD4

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'd read that as "Everything You're Missing" and got optimistic for a moment there.

Still decent though.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Just played this game for the first time in a few weeks. Did the xbone update yesterday affect anyone else's RB4 stability? I played at two different houses that day and on both machines the game now hangs up in the middle of songs frequently, almost always on the first beat in intervals of 4, 8, or 16 measures, as if practice sections are enough to freeze the highway for a few frames. It's really frustrating because it forces you to miss notes until the scroll un-freezes.
This used to happen if you left the game on for a long time, and the last RB4 update addressed it, but after the bone update it looks like the glitch is back and happens even if it's the first song of a fresh boot of the game. What the gently caress, I thought they said in interviews or design documents or somewhere once that the number one priority of the graphics was a 100% stable HUD so players don't get hosed up. The unavoidable latency was bad enough, now I can't even FC a song because I'm almost guaranteed to get at least one hangup before the track ends, usually on the first beat of a new section. RB4 isn't a return to the series' core, it compromises the series down to its core. Guess I should have kept the bone unplugged until January 2017 when Rivals has time to come out after at least one delay.

flakeloaf posted:

I'd read that as "Everything You're Missing" and got optimistic for a moment there.

Still decent though.
But in RB4 everything we want is everything we are missing. :rimshot:

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

have concrete updates to the character creator been hinted it? I wish it was meatier, as in having non stick-figured builds.

Other dream features:
-Clothing with every fabric swappable/customizable
-with the last one, multiple versions of basic staple clothing items for variety/different holes n patches
-also custom faces with some photo tech
-the option to choose between sprite/polygonal/voxel based bass and guitar straps
-post-processing effects. psychedelic strobing trail screen monitor in a screen monitor
-RBN2 since platform support mods now

Least favorite remaining thing is the effect switch not modulating sound in star power mode, unlike it worked in everything except Beatles. Wah-wah!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Butterflysmasher posted:

RBN2 since platform support mods now

Because RBN1 was such a simple endeavor that made everyone a ton of money...

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Butterflysmasher posted:

Least favorite remaining thing is the effect switch not modulating sound in star power mode, unlike it worked in everything except Beatles. Wah-wah!

It works in freestyle guitar solos lol. But yeah, the new guitars coming in October lack that switch entirely, so you can pretty much forget about that feature ever getting added back in. On the bright side though, if that's your least favorite thing about RB4 then you're in much better shape than most. To that point, nobody's gonna give a poo poo about character creation until basic franchise functionality is restored.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Butterflysmasher posted:

have concrete updates to the character creator been hinted it? I wish it was meatier, as in having non stick-figured builds.

Other dream features:
-with the last one, multiple versions of basic staple clothing items for variety/different holes n patches
-the option to choose between sprite/polygonal/voxel based bass and guitar straps
-post-processing effects. psychedelic strobing trail screen monitor in a screen monitor

By "dream feature" you mean "obviously never happening" and not "hopefully in the future" right?

Let's get more or less back to basic feature parity first.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I just want to add tattoos and add art to clothing and instruments again.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Butterflysmasher posted:

Other dream features:

Gaspar Lewis posted:

By "dream feature" you mean "obviously never happening" and not "hopefully in the future" right?

Let's get more or less back to basic feature parity first.
Besides guitar straps, literally all of these things are in Rock Band 3. Including custom face textures via facepaint/tattoo applicator and custom clothing textures via a glitched invisible "add artwork" button.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Orange Harrison posted:

Besides guitar straps, literally all of these things are in Rock Band 3. Including custom face textures via facepaint/tattoo applicator and custom clothing textures via a glitched invisible "add artwork" button.

Rock Band 3 is better than we realized at the time.

I mean, the hard locks really didn't help, but those were quickly patched and I'm still playing 3, it's everything I need.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Rock Band 3 is better than we realized at the time.

I mean, the hard locks really didn't help, but those were quickly patched and I'm still playing 3, it's everything I need.

I truly believe it is the best game released on the previous console generation. Of any genre, size, budget, etc.

edit: vvv :hfive:

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 16, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Beelzebozo posted:

I truly believe it is the best game released on the previous console generation. Of any genre, size, budget, etc.

Okay, well, Bill Hicks gets it at least.

Oddly appropriate, and Rock Band is a hit at children's parties. :v:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still playing Rock Band 3.

Hell I just played some tonight, and am working on getting harmonies and RBN drum fixes all patched up, which I'll then bundle into custom packs so I only have like 30 DLC items and don't have to wait for the game to load hundreds of songs like the good old days.

RB3 for life

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/766273502907281409

The gently caress is this poo poo? :raise:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Rock Band Rivals theme, I guess?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's a very successful showcase of how to make your established and loyal fanbase question whether or not they should remain so.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I really want to see them try to release an Analog game. Band in a box would literally be a bunch of real instruments.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Maybe it's just a gimmicky way of hyping the next DLC, like they did with the Toto song.
Please don't be an actual event. :ohdear:
First Heavy vs Pyro and now this poo poo. 2016 is the year all my favorite games died.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

It's already begun.

Not pictured: The custom Alienware PC psytrance guy used to type their posts about how all audiophiles are suckers.

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 18, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Orange Harrison posted:

It's already begun.

Not pictured: The custom Alienware PC psytrance guy used to type their posts about how all audiophiles are suckers.

I bet that guy owns an Orpheus.

I would actually like to take one of those for a whirl but gently caress buying one

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Urging any Weird Al fans still in the habit of playing RB3 customs to check out drummerockband's thread in the Custom Song Discussion section on the C3 forums. Dude is basically charting and releasing Weird Al Rock Band piece by piece and it's loving awesome.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Orange Harrison posted:

Maybe it's just a gimmicky way of hyping the next DLC, like they did with the Toto song.
Please don't be an actual event. :ohdear:
First Heavy vs Pyro and now this poo poo. 2016 is the year all my favorite games died.

Surely a goofy community event will be the thing that finally kills Rock Band.

igota75
Feb 9, 2006
hopeless in honolulu
Are there customs for RB4?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
What is going on with entitlements? Since launch, I've been rebuilding my collection as they fix stuff and had everything except the known broken stuff. Long story short, I had to format my drive on my xbox. No big deal, I thought, the new os update has a better way to que content now. I hit the download everything button, and let it run overnight. I sit down to play, it seems I have about 10% of my collection playable. I go to the storefront, and its some 'in library ' but mostly 'purchased '. That sucks, but whatever Ill download manually. Nope, it's trying to charge me despite the game recognizing the purchase tag. Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to wait a nebulous amount of time for a patch? It especially sucks as I just purchased that RHCP bundle that was on last call (guess I missed it when it came out), it auto downloaded three tracks, and has the same issue on the rest.

Ive never played a game that was this broken for this long.

Edit: In all fairness, maybe its HMX's fault, maybe its MS's fault, who knows. Maybe its a DLC authentication issue. But it sucks as a customer.

gypsyshred fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 21, 2016

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

e: Nevermind

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Update: figured it out. They changed the way DLC is handled. Apparently now it downloads everything, then slowly instals everything. Which would be fine if there was any indication of it installing anything. So the games que is empty and the only indication that the xbox is doing anything are the dings every couple of minutes that a song is ready to play. And with 1100 songs, that adds up. Especially when it randomly stops and takes a ten minute break for no reason. The xbox os is awful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just know there are dozens of DLC songs that have been made to work in RB4 but thanks Harmonix, I can't ever loving find them

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Next bit of DLC to get yanked is the latest RHCP pack next month

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm still not liking how career occasionally forces you to play certain setlists, even if you choose the "we're serious about our art" path that gives you more freedom. Since the predetermined setlists tend to just be on-disc songs and RB4's on-disc soundtrack is, shall we say, slightly underwhelming, you end up having to play a bunch of songs you don't know (let alone enjoy). It's particularly bad for vocalists, because trying to sing an unfamiliar song is pretty miserable and your best options are to mumble through on easy or switch instruments for that show. Just let us pick the drat songs ourselves or at least have a vote each time.

At least they now allow you to select DLC or legacy songs for custom setlists in career, which was one of the most baffling omissions at launch.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 21, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My wife has the magic ability to sing any song no matter the genre or whether she's even heard it before.

I, someone who has sung in many of my bands, cannot do this. :negative:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

"By or before" September 16th? That's... not as helpful as it could be?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Gaspar Lewis posted:

"By or before" September 16th? That's... not as helpful as it could be?

Far more helpful than "This content is now no longer available"

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

precision posted:

My wife has the magic ability to sing any song no matter the genre or whether she's even heard it before.

I, someone who has sung in many of my bands, cannot do this. :negative:

It's the other way around in my house. :( It's no fun to play No Doubt singles all evening because she knows those best.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

It would be easier to sightread vocals if the ledger lines in RB4 weren't broken and default to displaying all songs as being in C.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Doc Morbid posted:

I'm still not liking how career occasionally forces you to play certain setlists, even if you choose the "we're serious about our art" path that gives you more freedom. Since the predetermined setlists tend to just be on-disc songs and RB4's on-disc soundtrack is, shall we say, slightly underwhelming, you end up having to play a bunch of songs you don't know (let alone enjoy). It's particularly bad for vocalists, because trying to sing an unfamiliar song is pretty miserable and your best options are to mumble through on easy or switch instruments for that show. Just let us pick the drat songs ourselves or at least have a vote each time.

At least they now allow you to select DLC or legacy songs for custom setlists in career, which was one of the most baffling omissions at launch.

It's a fun throwback to RB1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ah yes, the good old days when we played Say It Ain't So ten times per session and liked it, dammit :corsair: