Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Quorum posted:

Blue East Coast, hail satan. :unsmigghh:

also I feel like on a map with a blue AZ Utah is a guaranteed pickup, nobody's polled it in like two months and Trump is only becoming less appealing to Mormons while Hillary is going out of her way to appeal there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The Wired article about Trump's digital strategy guy is pretty good.

quote:

Just before Trump spoke at the Republican convention, Parscale made a six-figure ad buy on Twitter, purchasing the promoted hashtag, #TextTrump88022. Meanwhile, the campaign has released a truly odd series of ads that feature Trump and various shots of astronauts and other space imagery.

For Harris, who ran digital for Sen. Rand Paul’s 2016 presidential bid, it’s the weirdness of these ads that makes them work. “I think the Trump campaign has shown again to Beltway consultants that this isn’t about $50,000 Hollywood video shoots,” Harris says. “This is about effective digital operations. It’s gritty. It’s fast-paced, and it’s about what the base wants to hear.”

Hashtags about texting and astronaut ads are what the people want!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jazerus posted:

also I feel like on a map with a blue AZ Utah is a guaranteed pickup, nobody's polled it in like two months and Trump is only becoming less appealing to Mormons while Hillary is going out of her way to appeal there

Well her campaign staff thinks it's in play if they diverted resources there this month.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was looking at electoral maps recently, and it was crazy to me how many EV blowouts there have been since Nixon 2. This circus election is really a learning opportunity.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Egg McMuffin is also on the ballot in Utah :911:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Teddybear posted:

Can anyone copy paste the methodology or questions asked there, if any, because gently caress if I'm clicking a .consulting link.

I've got principles, damnit.

the racial demographics of their poll are
58% white
38% unknown (including 62% of Trump supporters)
4% "minorities"

no LV screen, not even asking people if they're RV, weighing only by gender, a one day robo-poll with no call backs, n=431

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Eonwe posted:

whats the best animes

Robotech, duh.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

pseudorandom name posted:

Tablets are cheaper and also don't involve firing a spring-loaded needle into your thigh muscle.
ive got a 10 mg script from a doctor friend for unwinding after an extra stressful day but I like the idea of being really pissed off in a meeting and pulling out an insta release version

"THAT OFFER IS FU... *stabs self* ... Ok let's relax and work towards a compromise"

Bishop fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 21, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Eonwe posted:

im the .consulting link

http://www.hitler.consulting/

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

pseudorandom name posted:

Tablets are cheaper and also don't involve firing a spring-loaded needle into your thigh muscle.

Intramuscular benzodiazepines sound pretty good, though, and I'm a big baby when it comes to needles. Plus I'm between crippling addictions at the moment, so this sounds like the way to go.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

jeb!

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Another heartwarming story from the GREAT STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA (owned and controlled by the GRAND OLD PARTY):

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gay-south-carolina-police-chief-makes-historic-sheriffs-41552238

This is a VERY typical SC small town too just like the one I live in, the one my parents live in, etc.

60% white, 40% black, diverse as all hell.

I like how AP painfully tries to paint the people in the town/county as bigots ("QUIET DISCRIMINATION") even though the town voted the mayor out of office literally because the mayor fired the gay police chief and was caught on tape saying mean things about gay people.

I can't wait until our extremely diverse and tolerant state votes for DONALD J. TRUMP in a LANDSLIDE.

The Democrats made this state a complete poo poo-hole over the second half of the 20th century, but ever since the mid 1990s GOP takeover we've been making great strides.

A great place to live, a place with far fewer whites as a % of the population than the U.S., and much less than New England liberal authoritarian aryan states, where people of different colors live free, send their children to the same single school, and are tolerant and welcoming of all people, unlike New England liberal authoritarian aryan states where the residents call the cops if they see a person of color walking through their neighborhood.

God bless the great state of SOUTH CAROLINA.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pinterest Mom posted:

58% white
4% "minorities"

no LV screen, not even asking people if they're RV, weighing only by gender, a one day robo-poll with no call backs, n=431

Who pays for this? Does the RNC commission a hacky poll with the advice to keep polling until they get a favorable result? Does the trump campaign pay for that? Is it just done on spec because they're right wing hacks?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

Who pays for this? Does the RNC commission a hacky poll with the advice to keep polling until they get a favorable result? Does the trump campaign pay for that? Is it just done on spec because they're right wing hacks?

Robo-dialing is pretty cheap, some right-wing nut firm in Calgary just decided to spend a few hundred Canadian dollars on a lark.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

watching the utah returns it the big reason to stay up late this election day.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i haven't checked the pec graph in a while

hahahahahahhahahahaha, look a this poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pinterest Mom posted:

Robo-dialing is pretty cheap, some right-wing nut firm in Calgary just decided to spend a few hundred Canadian dollars on a lark.

Producing poo poo results seems like a bad way to advertise your business, unless that's literally what their business is (results on demand).

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

lmfao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

watching the utah returns it the big reason to stay up late this election day.

My reason is going to be getting drunk as hell and yelling at the TV.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

The Wired article about Trump's digital strategy guy is pretty good.

Hashtags about texting and astronaut ads are what the people want!

Yeah, I'd want to hire the guy who made this ad, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtglptO4v34

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Eonwe posted:

whats the best animes

I'm watching Guilty Crown right now. It's dumb as hell but the soundtrack is pretty good.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Jazerus posted:

While we're fantasizing (maybe accurately!) let's include Indiana on the back of the gently caress Mike Pence vote and have a continuous strip across the country too (if we count Nebraska's D elector).

A literal Blue H for hilldawg across the country. Magnificent.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Pinterest Mom posted:

58% white
4% "minorities"

Forgot to mention on top of all those red flags, it's a landline only poll.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Good evening, thread. How has Trump been this week? Very well, I hope.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It really baffles me that Trump is running on an anti-free trade platform when this loving country was founded (in major part) on the principle people should be able to trade freely with other nations.

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
I'm highly entertained by this:

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-says-african-americans-have-no-education-no-anything-2aa5680576e1#.34yfyyn5v

relevant youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBmp7z9BR1w

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Protectionism is just another bullshit promise to turn back time and bring things back to some idealized economic past.
It's also a way to implement regressive taxation without it seeming as such.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Phi230 posted:

It really baffles me that Trump is running on an anti-free trade platform when this loving country was founded (in major part) on the principle people should be able to trade freely with other nations.

Art. Of. The. Deal.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Phi230 posted:

america traded being a little bit dumber in return for being a little bit hard working but the right wants us to work a lot harder and be a lot dumber and also get nothing to show for it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phi230 posted:

America was founded on capital flight that mainly benefits tax haven exploiting multi-national corporations?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

lol you guys, trump is doing so badly in swing state pol-

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/767490830001139712

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

etalian posted:

America was founded on capital flight that mainly benefits tax haven exploiting multi-national corporations?

Yes?

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Trump's tax returns are going to get leaked, right? There must have been dozens (hundreds?) of accountants in firm(s) that had access and copies to those returns. Then you have a horde of IRS agents that had access/copies. How the gently caress could they possibly stay hidden? This election has already seen hacked emails released into the wild and fully examined as if it was all fair game.

Where is the Edward Snowden of pencil-pushing math nerds? They need to step up and serve their country

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Comon at least read the rest of the page

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Lol I can't believe they actually bothered to report this. Just read previous pages and you'll understand exactly how lovely this poll is.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

sarmhan posted:

Lol I can't believe they actually bothered to report this. Just read previous pages and you'll understand exactly how lovely this poll is.

As a citizen of Pennsylvania, I welcome any trash poll that makes the Trump campaign think they can win here.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

sarmhan posted:

Time for the TrumpTweet®

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
It's literally the company's first poll, ever.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Weird as gently caress polling org has weird as gently caress results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait until someone photoshops the 99 into 88

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/photos/a.488852220724.393301.153080620724/10157539279850725/

• Locked thread