Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlanton
Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for the advice guys.

In this playthrough, I exclusively researched the economic tree. It worked great for making lots of money and uniting Sylvannia, but I think I waited too long for the vampire crypt/necromancies when I could have been aggressive.

I'll give your tips a shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
So what mods are people using / what are the "must have" mods for great campaign? The workshop organizes them in really the most idiotic way possible and buries pretty good mods

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

What army comps are you guys using as Chaos in the campaign?

I'm currently rolling with a mix of just Chosen (GW), Knights (lance) and Hellcannon and it's mostly stomping everything, but I'm wondering if something else might be better.

Specifically, when I did the quest missions for Archaon and fought the Chaos Uprising Spawn and Hellcannon were tough to deal with.

Should I be using warhounds at all? Are regular Chosen or regular Knights worth it? What about Trolls/Giants/Dragon Ogres?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I mostly don't use monsters as Chaos, but Dragon Ogres are totally worth it, they're anti-large now, so you can use them to massacre enemy cav and free up your Chaos Knights to focus on more important targets. Use them instead of Halberds, basically.

Also, normal Chosen were hella-buffed in the latest patch, it's worth having a few just to have a ridiculously tanky center.

Chaos Spawn are an interesting early-mid game option, they aren't the strongest, but it's a pretty cheap unbreakable monster unit you can easily mass-produce. I used to like having my second or third horde go straight for the Sorcerer chain, purely for how fast and cost effective an all forsaken/spawn army can be. That was before they nerfed Forsaken, though...

madmac fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 20, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

terrorist ambulance posted:

So what mods are people using / what are the "must have" mods for great campaign? The workshop organizes them in really the most idiotic way possible and buries pretty good mods

the movement bonus for owned regions is great for helping chase down rear end in a top hat stacks in areas with low ambush success rates.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Any advice for starting as Malagor? He seems way shakier to get rolling than one-eye does.

Also, is it a crazy idea to delete the Gor building in one army so I can build a war hound building cheaper?

Stealth north after sacking the first settlement and go visit the border princes and southern Empire. Leave the badlands to themselves. :v:

"gently caress you I am invisible" is FANTASTIC, possibly the secret best thing about the Beastmen - since you have no cities the AI will hardly ever pursue you and it also throws off agents.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
Started an Empire campaign. By turn 8, two full stacks of silver-rank Skull-Takerz Orks roll up through Nuln. They destroy everything. Tried a bunch of different savegame shenanigans to rescue the campaign, but to no avail.

Started another game, the Skull-Takerz got exterminated by turn 3. Never even saw them.

Does the game just roll a random number of units between 5 and 40 for them at game start?

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
If using an all-goblin army in quick battle is wrong then I don't want to be right. A shaman lord for the buffs, two big bosses on spiders, two arachnaroks, plenty of goblin spears to use as ablative armor. Then add some night goblins, spider/wolf riders, and artillery for flavor. It actually works really well. And even better than winning with an all-goblin army is knowing your opponent lost to one.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm wrapping up my Empire campaign; Archaon's rolling out and Franz is ready to kick his rear end with Talabheim as the arena.

And as many of us have learned, Chaos can be a real pain in the rear end with their cavalry & chariots. I'm planning a Dwarf run next, and I'm wondering: how do Dwarfs counter massed cavalry, ranged or otherwise? My initial plan is to run 2 Thunderers or Quarellers, 2 shield units, a Cannon, and a Brimstone Gyrocopter on my flanks; would this be enough to beat most flanking forces?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Does someone here have anything they'd like to share with the class about Empire artillery? I read the stuff about mortars being pretty sweet now, and cannons are just cannons I guess, but how useful is the rest in the campaign? I'm assuming the Luminark is a pass, since it's a little too specialized (a regular old cannon and demigryphs can put the hurt on giants as well, while still being effective against the rank and file, yeah?). The steam tank is what, a solid anchor? How do the Helblaster and Helstorm compare? Are experienced Helstorm batteries a cruise missile delivery system?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Doctor Schnabel posted:

Does someone here have anything they'd like to share with the class about Empire artillery? I read the stuff about mortars being pretty sweet now, and cannons are just cannons I guess, but how useful is the rest in the campaign? I'm assuming the Luminark is a pass, since it's a little too specialized (a regular old cannon and demigryphs can put the hurt on giants as well, while still being effective against the rank and file, yeah?). The steam tank is what, a solid anchor? How do the Helblaster and Helstorm compare? Are experienced Helstorm batteries a cruise missile delivery system?

Rocket batteries are pretty and will do some serious damage to massed light infantry, but in my experience veterancy doesn't boost accuracy enough to have most of your rockets land on the enemy. I prefer veteran Mortars since you can have them help a lot in the melee without blowing up your line most of the time.

Can't speak for the Helblaster; cavalry is my nemesis and the volley gun doesn't have the range to fight them compared to ordinary cannons.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
I'm just getting started in a new Empire campaign and I just finished the first (?) stage of Karl's Ghal Maraz quest by moving an agent to some VC city, I saw that the next stage required me to have 10000 gold in the bank. Well I had way more than that and after continuing to the next turn I immediately completed that stage, the main problem is that I never received the next mission and 10 turns later I still haven't, is this WAD or is my save borked?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

I'm just getting started in a new Empire campaign and I just finished the first (?) stage of Karl's Ghal Maraz quest by moving an agent to some VC city, I saw that the next stage required me to have 10000 gold in the bank. Well I had way more than that and after continuing to the next turn I immediately completed that stage, the main problem is that I never received the next mission and 10 turns later I still haven't, is this WAD or is my save borked?

This was supposed to have been fixed by a recent patch, but I think that was the Silver Seal, not Ghal Maraz. In any case, your save is probably hosed if you don't have an earlier one, though try checking the quest list to make sure. The next step is beating a Greenskin army five times.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Doctor Schnabel posted:

*I use a silver chevron Helstorm battery against Bretonnians in MP. It's one weird trick that peasants hate.
*Luminark is just too expensive, but it does kill things. Can make wizards flee from one hit.
*Cannons are the best all-rounder artillery for cost and damage output. Best for killing Black Orcs, Boar Boy Big 'Uns, Blood Knights etc more so than monsters, but they can do that too. May as well put one in every army if you don't have anything else to force an engagement.
*I don't rate mortars since you can just shoot cannons at anything a mortar would be good at. I sometimes bring them on certain MP maps, like the one where the center is a big ridge blocking LoS.
*I used the Heblaster a while back and it did okay, but I don't take it anymore due to it's price. It's good for ruining a unit of elite infantry and can support crossbowmen in archery skirmishes before then.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are super helpful, thanks!

Another question: there seem to be a few things that trigger the chaos invasion, and one of them seems to be size. Anyone know how large my faction has to be to kick off the end times?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

JacksAngryBiome posted:

If using an all-goblin army in quick battle is wrong then I don't want to be right. A shaman lord for the buffs, two big bosses on spiders, two arachnaroks, plenty of goblin spears to use as ablative armor. Then add some night goblins, spider/wolf riders, and artillery for flavor. It actually works really well. And even better than winning with an all-goblin army is knowing your opponent lost to one.

Yesterday in a quick battle my opponent brought the goblin shaman lord, 3 goblin spider bosses, 1 goblin wolf rider, 5 goblin wolf archers, 5 goblin spider archers and 2 arachnarok spiders. If I hadn't brought flying units that were able to catch them it might've worked.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Hawgh posted:

Started an Empire campaign. By turn 8, two full stacks of silver-rank Skull-Takerz Orks roll up through Nuln. They destroy everything. Tried a bunch of different savegame shenanigans to rescue the campaign, but to no avail.

Started another game, the Skull-Takerz got exterminated by turn 3. Never even saw them.

Does the game just roll a random number of units between 5 and 40 for them at game start?

It depends on whether they win their initial engagement against the dwarves which seems to be somewhat random.

If they lose, they lose hard, if they win then their units survive and they have enough fightiness for a WAAAGH to spawn which then rolls over your rear end with two stacks.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Mukip posted:

*I use a silver chevron Helstorm battery against Bretonnians in MP. It's one weird trick that peasants hate.
*Luminark is just too expensive, but it does kill things. Can make wizards flee from one hit.
*Cannons are the best all-rounder artillery for cost and damage output. Best for killing Black Orcs, Boar Boy Big 'Uns, Blood Knights etc more so than monsters, but they can do that too. May as well put one in every army if you don't have anything else to force an engagement.
*I don't rate mortars since you can just shoot cannons at anything a mortar would be good at. I sometimes bring them on certain MP maps, like the one where the center is a big ridge blocking LoS.
*I used the Heblaster a while back and it did okay, but I don't take it anymore due to it's price. It's good for ruining a unit of elite infantry and can support crossbowmen in archery skirmishes before then.

Is there an accuracy stat for artillery that isn't displayed that increases with vet? I know this was true in the gunpowder age games but I don't recall seeing accuracy for arty in this.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Is there something that determines whether your second/third stack begins with your main army or comes on as reinforcements? And as far as reinforcements go, are they at all related to the positioning of the armies on the campaign map?

I'm playing as dwarves, and I've lost at least three battles that I think I could have won if my two stacks began together instead of one coming on halfway across the map. My units are just too slow to link up before the orks get into cc with one of the groups.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
There's a reinforcements bug that's due to be fixed in the next patch.

Captain Beans posted:

Is there an accuracy stat for artillery that isn't displayed that increases with vet? I know this was true in the gunpowder age games but I don't recall seeing accuracy for arty in this.

Yep.

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014

Trujillo posted:

Yesterday in a quick battle my opponent brought the goblin shaman lord, 3 goblin spider bosses, 1 goblin wolf rider, 5 goblin wolf archers, 5 goblin spider archers and 2 arachnarok spiders. If I hadn't brought flying units that were able to catch them it might've worked.

Do you have a replay? I'd like to see this. It seems too heavy on the ranged cavalry.

Against ground armies I use masses of goblins to soak any charges, then roll in the spiders and big bosses. This gets harder against flyers, I lost pretty handily to a Bretonian army with a large number of flyers that was able to pounce on my positioning mistakes. Since then I've been using goblin spider riders with spears to tie up any flying units that land, and having more success. If you can keep them on the ground or at least slow down the cycle charge it really helps.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I know there's a bunch of tips and links to videos in the OP, but could I get some more general tips for just playing the Grand Campaign? I've sunk about 30 hours into this game and I'm still just getting rocked on Easy mode.

How do I defend against multiple armies in the first 10~ turns? As Dwarfs I keep getting poo poo on by Grimgor or some random warchief if I move even a few spaces away from my initial cities. Someone comes and sacks the poo poo out of my Eastern provinces and I can't even catch them, and when I move away my main settlement gets raided.

How do I defend against flanking cavalry as Dwarfs? Should I just leave a few units on the sides to soak up damage, or do I actually want to chase them off? Things like the Chaos Marauders I just have no idea what to do other than just set some wolves or whatever on them.

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011
So Yukitsu's desktop is kaputt and in the shop for at least a week. His laptop can *barely* run Warhammer, so we were thinking we'd wait until his PC comes back from the shop if that's cool with you Mukip.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I know there's a bunch of tips and links to videos in the OP, but could I get some more general tips for just playing the Grand Campaign? I've sunk about 30 hours into this game and I'm still just getting rocked on Easy mode.

How do I defend against multiple armies in the first 10~ turns? As Dwarfs I keep getting poo poo on by Grimgor or some random warchief if I move even a few spaces away from my initial cities. Someone comes and sacks the poo poo out of my Eastern provinces and I can't even catch them, and when I move away my main settlement gets raided.

How do I defend against flanking cavalry as Dwarfs? Should I just leave a few units on the sides to soak up damage, or do I actually want to chase them off? Things like the Chaos Marauders I just have no idea what to do other than just set some wolves or whatever on them.

Build garrisons in every settlement apart from possibly capitals and get them to tier 2 asap. A few quarellers with a wall will route most orcs before they reach you with your towers focussing their lord/trolls.

Shred cavalry with quarellers or thunderers and keep a unit or two to soak up the survivors. Light cavalry like marauders and goblin cav will be annihilated by a couple units of quarellers and will usually lose in close combat to them too.
Enemy units seem to charge the nearest unit even if its a really bad idea, so putting infantry slightly ahead of your ranged units often makes flanking cav charge into them instead of your arty/skirmishers.

Also abuse agents with +income skills.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

JacksAngryBiome posted:

Do you have a replay? I'd like to see this. It seems too heavy on the ranged cavalry.

Against ground armies I use masses of goblins to soak any charges, then roll in the spiders and big bosses. This gets harder against flyers, I lost pretty handily to a Bretonian army with a large number of flyers that was able to pounce on my positioning mistakes. Since then I've been using goblin spider riders with spears to tie up any flying units that land, and having more success. If you can keep them on the ground or at least slow down the cycle charge it really helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9pil9g89p3ccw8/VC%20v%20Greenskins%20wolf%20riders.replay?dl=0

It's hard to tell if it's good or not because I'm using an unconventional army, at least I've never seen anyone else using it, and because I was able to do a lot of damage at the start when they vanguard deployed too close to me. Their list was great for killing my zombies and skeletons but they're not going to do well against flying units, and I feel like running out of ammo would be a common problem or arrows not doing a lot to certain units/lords.

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

Just beat a quickbattle bretonia guy with two gold chevron hellstorm batteries. Each got over 250 kills. Thank you for this.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've been playing around with modding and I've decided that the AI's inability to stay a challenge is mainly due to the building system being way too complicated for it. I stripped out almost every additional building requirement for units and lowered required settlement levels and every faction (except vampires for some reason) is being more of a challenge. The difference is especially big for the empire. They actually held it together for awhile and are losing graciously against chaos instead of collapsing into burning rubble instantly. It's also been much harder to expand against them.

Other recomended changes if you want a better Empire/Dwarf/Vampire/Brettonia experience:
-Turn on conquer anywhere for orcs if your not playing as them. It fits them and means they threaten more areas.
-Lower Norscan income buildings and veterancy boosts. It's insane how rich they are in vanilla and how they convert their wealth directly into annoyance.
-Auto-resolve penalty for the player
-Base income to most Beastmen buildings
-More horde spawn events

I think another change I'll eventually work on is making each point in lord/hero skills provide the same amount of benefit (ie +4 attack/defense for each level of Honest Steel). The AI's tendency to throw darts at the skill tree means they aren't maximizing it and end up with a bunch of level 1 skills. I can\t make the AI not an idiot, but I can remove the extra idiot penalty.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This is a recurring thing for me, but I am going to keep replaying the Greenskin campaign until I break it over my knee. It's just too bad that it's a 50/50 chance that the Dwarfs will confederate on turn four and then send three full stacks against Iron Rock before surging into your land. Currently I wiped out the southeast dwarfs, and now there are swarms of dwarfs pushing into my land. Grimgor and his waaagh are the only forces I can afford, and the bastards will not commit to field battles.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

This is a recurring thing for me, but I am going to keep replaying the Greenskin campaign until I break it over my knee. It's just too bad that it's a 50/50 chance that the Dwarfs will confederate on turn four and then send three full stacks against Iron Rock before surging into your land. Currently I wiped out the southeast dwarfs, and now there are swarms of dwarfs pushing into my land. Grimgor and his waaagh are the only forces I can afford, and the bastards will not commit to field battles.

You shouldnt take iron rock until you've sacked enough money to support a couple stacks though. If you build up a decent army for grimgor to lead and run amok sacking everything by turn 25 you can start taking choice settlements.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SickZip posted:

I've been playing around with modding and I've decided that the AI's inability to stay a challenge is mainly due to the building system being way too complicated for it. I stripped out almost every additional building requirement for units and lowered required settlement levels and every faction (except vampires for some reason) is being more of a challenge. The difference is especially big for the empire. They actually held it together for awhile and are losing graciously against chaos instead of collapsing into burning rubble instantly. It's also been much harder to expand against them.

Other recomended changes if you want a better Empire/Dwarf/Vampire/Brettonia experience:
-Turn on conquer anywhere for orcs if your not playing as them. It fits them and means they threaten more areas.
-Lower Norscan income buildings and veterancy boosts. It's insane how rich they are in vanilla and how they convert their wealth directly into annoyance.
-Auto-resolve penalty for the player
-Base income to most Beastmen buildings
-More horde spawn events

I think another change I'll eventually work on is making each point in lord/hero skills provide the same amount of benefit (ie +4 attack/defense for each level of Honest Steel). The AI's tendency to throw darts at the skill tree means they aren't maximizing it and end up with a bunch of level 1 skills. I can\t make the AI not an idiot, but I can remove the extra idiot penalty.

How hard is modding in this game? I'm seriously considering making a mod that gives all empire troops floppy hats because at the moment they are not fashionable enough to be sent to their glorious deaths for Karl.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sprechensiesexy posted:

How hard is modding in this game? I'm seriously considering making a mod that gives all empire troops floppy hats because at the moment they are not fashionable enough to be sent to their glorious deaths for Karl.

It varies a lot depending on what your doing. Somethings are dead simple, some are hideously complex. Changing hats would be more thle former then the latter

edit: basic changes can be done through pack file manager (download from twcenter) and are as easy as modifying a series of spreadsheets. Albeit a huge poorly documented series of spreadsheets. Basically find a mod that does the same sort of changes you want, look at it in pfm to figure out what they changed and copy and tweak it toward your own purposes. Doing things that require the actual CA mod tools or original work is where it gets hard.

SickZip fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 22, 2016

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Considering someone made a mod that does the exact opposite, it's almost certainly doable.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How exactly does VC Leadership work? If you break enough units they just seem to...disappear?

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Tequila Sunrise posted:

How exactly does VC Leadership work? If you break enough units they just seem to...disappear?

Basically that, yes. Instead of wavering/routing they take damage over time. At the stage that other armies would be experiencing mass routs they turn into dust instead.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Playing with a Brettonia faction unlocker. It's...interesting. I'm not sure what the full release of Brettonia will be like. I looked through the warscrolls and it looks like there is only 2 or so models/units missing. Battle Pilgrims and one or two other ones. Point is, I'm not sure what they could add to fully flesh out the faction like the others. They don't have access to any monsters like Chaos, Beastmen, Undead and Orcs. They don't have any warmachine options other than the Trebuchet unlike the dwarves and empire who have steam tanks and cannons galore.

Which just seems kind of bland to me. Still having fun but I feel like when Archaeon shows up with all his bullshit I'm in for a bumpy road.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

fnordcircle posted:

Playing with a Brettonia faction unlocker. It's...interesting. I'm not sure what the full release of Brettonia will be like. I looked through the warscrolls and it looks like there is only 2 or so models/units missing. Battle Pilgrims and one or two other ones. Point is, I'm not sure what they could add to fully flesh out the faction like the others. They don't have access to any monsters like Chaos, Beastmen, Undead and Orcs. They don't have any warmachine options other than the Trebuchet unlike the dwarves and empire who have steam tanks and cannons galore.

Which just seems kind of bland to me. Still having fun but I feel like when Archaeon shows up with all his bullshit I'm in for a bumpy road.

Yeah, Bretonnia didn't even get updated army books past 6th edition in 2003 (for reference, Warhammer Fantasy stopped at 8th edition before getting blown up). GW did not like them...

Most of their nuance comes from the Virtues system, so hopefully CA can come up with something to spice them up since they're pretty much the blandest faction I can think of in Warhammer Fantasy. On a more cynical note, it's easy to see why Bretonnia is likely to be the FLC faction because of this.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Arcsquad12 posted:

I feel your pain.

I just came on here to say I finally finished my VH Greenskin campaign on turn 274. My game consisted of chaos torpedoing almost all of brittonia and middle map human/vampire land. They had 5 stacks to deal with and so many good characters. Game finished with everyone except Brittonia/Varg/Skelling and War-herd of chaos getting absolutely crushed.

What it took:
-Started auto resolving all fights once I had to take on chaos at turn ~170.
-Grimgor with a stack of 19 giants, all rank 9 by the time game ended.
-LIGHTNING STRIKES.. OMFG I LOVED THESE FOR CHAOS
-North Eastern mountain ranges, 3 stacks to defend/quell rebellions while fighting varg and skelling.
-stacks and stacks and stacks of black orcs and doom divers.
-I lost 28 lords...
-Got so mad near the end that I started doom marching Skelling and Varg with giants/black orcs, almost wiped them out before getting my last settlement on the north west mountains (zilfrin)
-underway movement across the entire loving map due to chaos corruption with stops for waaagh raiding.
-Using Karak Kadrin + Grishnak's Lair as a bait line. Stack armies on opposite side of mountain range, AI would go down the Karak Kadrin line and box them in from Grishnaks Lair to prevent running.
Huge and awesome helpful map

What I hated about orcs:
-how crazy I got with auto-resolve near the end
-rebellions... it was so annoying that even with boss poles everywhere, you would still get rebellions on any newish area because of chaos corruption.
-Dumb waagh mechanics, sometimes they would go melt themselves and leave your actual army up.
-loving goblins running at the slightest poke
-33% of my army flees.
-and this loving bullshit below VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 22, 2016

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

fnordcircle posted:

It's pretty easy to see why they'll be a free update. I'd say the stuff that needs to be added are hippogryph riding lords, various heroes such as most obviously the Green Knight, battle pilgrims/reliquary. However it's still fairly easy for CA to add a bit more to them with Forgeworld stuff. Something like a preyton that one of the damsels has subdued and tamed. It'd be able to even use the same skeleton as the wyvern.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Ubercrunchy and Captain Beans played their matches.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxL-q9Tcsh-aYk16MzczQjI3N0E/view?usp=sharing

1. Empire vs Dwarfs. Ubercrunchy was lucky that Beans didn't bring any Gyrocopters, because he had no shooting units at all. I think Uber should additionally have expected to see lots of Greatswords and brought some more armour-piercing units.

2. Dwarfs vs Beastmen. Seems like Beans didn't deploy his units properly to maximise his shooting, since he started redeploying as soon as the match started and none of his five units of Quarrelers got to kill anything before the lines closed. Match was just a big brawl which suited the Minotaurs and giant.

3. VC vs Chaos. Ubercrunchy's halberd warriors played very defensively, but didn't really have a choice given their plodding speed and lack of supporting cavalry, whereas Beans went for mixed formations of VC troops backing up armour-piercing with poison. Blood Knight micro could have involved more cycle-charging. Sending the BK after the Giant was fine, but I think one unit would have been enough. Uber's choice of casting s Flaming Skull early on did little for him since it merely chewed the scenery. The lack of mobility in his army composition cost him against those Blood Knights.

Round 2 post:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779330&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=176#post463266988

ClassicFascist posted:

So Yukitsu's desktop is kaputt and in the shop for at least a week. His laptop can *barely* run Warhammer, so we were thinking we'd wait until his PC comes back from the shop if that's cool with you Mukip.
k

Mukip fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/totalwar.vanillaforums.com/editor/as/tocx9wfkh6z9.jpg

New DLC teaser. The text is mostly legible but I'll leave that for the people with too much time on their hands.

• Locked thread