Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

I understand that nothing matters, but he at least has to realize that his entire economic panel is like 100% hedge fund managers, right?

Even better it's hedge fund managers who are also his top campaign donors and magically ended up getting into his economic advisor council.

I thought only crooked Hillary did quid pro deals with wall street?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lastgirl posted:

I want to move to the Pacific Northwest

:same:

My gf lived in Seattle for 2 years and is dead set on dragging me there in a few years. From everything she's told me about living there, I'm not about to start fighting that idea.

PNW seems like the best place to live.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Drastic Actions posted:

Nah, it's probably him.

See, this is why I made this bot. For situations where you're not quite sure who's using his account.

thank you for your service

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Drastic Actions posted:

Nah, it's probably him.

See, this is why I made this bot. For situations where you're not quite sure who's using his account.

You are a good soul. Forgot to follow that bot, corrected :)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Basically they're making the pledge mandatory and kids will be punished unless their parents sign a waiver saying they are allowed to not face a flag with their hand over their heart and say:

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

The God part was added in 1954 - guess by who - but ask anybody and they'll say it's been there since 1776, over a hundred years before the first draft of the pledge came around

Your comma separation isn't right here. "one nation, under God, indivisible, etc." The most obvious indication that the God part is a later addition is the extreme awkwardness of its insertion in the middle of a phrase that totally ruins the cadence of the pledge - the pre-1954 pledge flows much more easily off the tongue. IMO it makes the sentiment sound more sincere (and targeted straight at ex-Confederates), too, even though it's still a little weird.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sleepless in Amazonville

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thump! posted:

My gf lived in Seattle for 2 years and is dead set on dragging me there in a few years. From everything she's told me about living there, I'm not about to start fighting that idea.

Listen to,her this is the best place I've lived out of FL PA MA NY NV ID and the nicest ive ever seen traveling

If you don't move her soon everything within two hours of Seattle/Bellevue will be 400k and up min

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010

Vile posted:

All the houses in shoreline and Lynnwood for our budget were too small or too lovely. Also TONS of cash buyers and like 10+ offers. Brutal

We live in nice Everett north part by golf course / marina it's not bad yeah some junkies but it is getting nicer we see lots of new growth. Marina upgrade, Marriott, Dutch bro coffee, lots of new houses / Renovations

All the people moving in are young Seattle / Bellevue workers. People next door are brand new he is a game delevoper in kirkland

Can confirm. Everett is getting better. I dig it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jazerus posted:

Your comma separation isn't right here. "one nation, under God, indivisible, etc." The most obvious indication that the God part is a later addition is the extreme awkwardness of its insertion in the middle of a phrase that totally ruins the cadence of the pledge - the pre-1954 pledge flows much more easily off the tongue. IMO it makes the sentiment sound more sincere (and targeted straight at ex-Confederates), too, even though it's still a little weird.

I copied it straight from the Wiki, certainly your way is how it is inevitably spoken though. It's an awkward insertion ya

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Vile posted:

30 minutes if you wake up and drive at 5:45 do it pussy drink coffee and be able to own a house instead of a micropod

What the gently caress is this poo poo

5:45 is workout o'clock, not sit on my rear end in a car time

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Thump! posted:

it has a better living wage standard compared to the rest of America, correct?

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

I want to move to the Pacific Northwest

Do any of these apply to you?:

1) In tech
2) Rich or have rich parents
3) Willing to live 2+ hours away from the city

If not, don't bother. Seattle is crazy expensive.

Edit:

Lastgirl posted:

it has a better living wage standard compared to the rest of America, correct?

A $15 minimum wage is awesome, except when rent in the city costs $1500/month.

Mrit fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 22, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump supporters probably don't see the irony in Starship Troopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsR4O4W0w

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chantilly Say posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

5:45 is workout o'clock, not sit on my rear end in a car time

Welp some people work shifts. U should see the Boeing people at 2 am their schedules are all hosed up

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Vile posted:

Listen to,her this is the best place I've lived out of FL PA MA NY NV ID and the nicest ive ever seen traveling

If you don't move her soon everything within two hours of Seattle/Bellevue will be 400k and up min

Please do not encourage more people to move to Heaven, it's crowded.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vile posted:

Welp some people work shifts. U should see the Boeing people at 2 am their schedules are all hosed up

What Boeing plant?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mrit posted:

I'm gonna bring my southern charm there and poo poo on the carpet :unsmigghh:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mrit posted:

Don't worry the Bertha tunnel will open soon and then light rail will be built from Seattle to,Everett and we will live in a liberal utopia of $15 wages and legal weed with 0 traffic :D

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mrit posted:

Do any of these apply to you?:

1) In tech
2) Rich or have rich parents
3) Willing to live 2+ hours away from the city

If not, don't bother. Seattle is crazy expensive.

Yea, 2 hours from the city sounds great, I'm not much of a city person other than a weekend to go do stuff.

Oregon is fine too. I just want to visit Vancouver, have relatives there and my other relatives used to live in Seattle in the 90s so I have a lot of good memories.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Vile posted:

Don't worry the Bertha tunnel will open soon and then light rail will be built from Seattle to,Everett and we will live in a liberal utopia of $15 wages and legal weed with 0 traffic :D

Bertha :lol:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Thump! posted:

I'm gonna bring my southern charm there and poo poo on the carpet :unsmigghh:

It's good to see you've finally gotten over your twitter ban, Mr. Johnson.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

Yea, 2 hours from the city sounds great, I'm not much of a city person other than a weekend to go do stuff.

Oregon is fine too. I just want to visit Vancouver, have relatives there and my other relatives used to live in Seattle in the 90s so I have a lot of good memories.

Vancouver is the PNW's version of the South. Filled with rear end in a top hat Republicans and nothing to do. Visit Portland if you get a chance, nice place.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vile posted:

In the exact same year the Seattle Freeze will thaw out for newcomers.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Unrelated to PnW chat or politics but check out this message I just got Lmfao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vile posted:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/berthas-woes-grind-on-more-delay-higher-cost-for-highway-99-tunnel/

Mrit posted:

Vancouver is the PNW's version of the South. Filled with rear end in a top hat Republicans and nothing to do. Visit Portland if you get a chance, nice place.

oh right, isn't it called Vantucky in a derogatory manner?

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
Go to bed low energy PNW crew.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Vile posted:

rank 16??? nice self-own

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

Trump supporters probably don't see the irony in Starship Troopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsR4O4W0w

Read the comments. They're a real treat.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yes the Bertha was a sarcasm comment guys thank you i know it is billions over budget and WSDOT does great work

I am a conservative btw

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

rank 16??? nice self-own

That's poptarts rank

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Vile posted:

what deck we're u playing

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now that Trump has solidified his support with the batshit crazy group he is going after the boring normines. Can he convert enough of them to win? Tune in every single day for the next 3 months to find out. Same bat channel same bat place.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Vile posted:

That's poptarts rank

yeah but you just played him so you wouldn't be more than one rank higher or lower unless you were playing in *shudder* casual mode unless it's arena

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vile posted:

I am a conservative btw

I couldn't tell

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Upside Potential posted:

Go to bed low energy PNW crew.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Still him, someone's cranky
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/767528750749810688

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Little Donny D

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Is it possible that Trump is a Liche/Vampire, which is why he needs to return to his home soil each night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Epic High Five posted:

Then the kid is free to moulder in detention or Saturday school, if I had to guess

Either way the kid's going to get the piss beaten out of them for being outed as a non-Christian. Brotherly love and all that...

• Locked thread