Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

a primate posted:

You guys still seem mad that a nobody senator from Vermont won a bunch of states even though he lost. What would you be doing with your time if Hillary ran unopposed?

Lost really badly, just to clarify, like was totally destroyed into complete submission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

a primate posted:

You guys still seem mad that a nobody senator from Vermont won a bunch of states even though he lost. What would you be doing with your time if Hillary ran unopposed?

Insecurity -- from Hillary voters? :monocle:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rand alPaul posted:

Insecurity -- from Hillary voters? :monocle:

:ironicat:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Lost really badly, just to clarify, like was totally destroyed into complete submission
Unknown senator from Vermont gets 45% of the vote and that's losing badly?
I mean if he wasn't a well known politician yeah, but gotta take into account relative variables like "Who the gently caress is Bernie Sanders? Why is he getting votes at all?"

I mean he lost yeah, but you gotta be real mad about him running to say that some schmuck no one knows lost 'badly' when Trump won more handily and he's a loving orange clown bound to destroy the very fabric of modern republicanism.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
my favorite part of this still is bernie sanders being both the champion of REAL AMERICA leading an army that can't be ignored as it marches through the nation, and also being a literal nobody that no one knew anything about (ignore the polls showing his awareness with voters was pretty much right around Clinton's) depending on if we're sucking his dick or downplaying Clinton's win.

Remember, just like how Obama didn't REALLY win the election, Clinton won't either, because the standards are different

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Tatum Girlparts posted:

(ignore the polls showing his awareness with voters was pretty much right around Clinton's)
Towards the end, when he already lost the more important early states.
Early polls showed not many people knew much about him until it was practically decided.

Either way, no one knew of him prior to the election which is the main crux of the point being made and in a year or two no one will remember Sanders. Typical for nobody candidates.

Well, unless the movement he started continues properly, then he'd be remembered as much as Ron Paul is.

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 06:26 on Aug 21, 2016

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
my team > ur team

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a primate posted:

I'm surprised any liberal is upset at him running, given the new party platform.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

I'm surprised any liberal is upset at him running, given the new party platform.

Bernie was good at closing deals and winning concessions such as more progressive platform.

He bent the knee but got something in return.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

etalian posted:

Bernie was good at closing deals and winning concessions such as more progressive platform.

He bent the knee but got something in return.
You mean Bernie was a politician all along?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Bernie was fine, now is the time to mock his core supporters. The ones who needed "time to be upset" about the loss while posting right wing conspiracies and claiming they were chill bros. Basically the revolution is dead and now their political idealism needs to be destroyed too.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Bernie was fine, now is the time to mock his core supporters. The ones who needed "time to be upset" about the loss while posting right wing conspiracies and claiming they were chill bros. Basically the revolution is dead and now their political idealism needs to be destroyed too.
Just wait until capitalism takes hold.
Someone's gonna try to astroturf it.

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Basically the revolution is dead and now their political idealism needs to be destroyed too.

reactionism is cool

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The core of Bernie's supporters are voting for Clinton and, hopefully, inspired enough to run at a state level to gradually shift the party to the left. They're not as you described above.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

The core of Bernie's supporters are voting for Clinton and, hopefully, inspired enough to run at a state level to gradually shift the party to the left. They're not as you described above.
I feel a lot of the other half o the core Bernie supporters that are not voting for Clinton and were not insane will be voting for neither 2 major candidates, or just not voting for a presidential candidate at all.
(I do hope they at least submit a valid ballot no matter if they choose a president or not.)

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Either way there are plenty of opportunities for his supporters to shift the party to the left other than withholding their vote in November. Stamping them out is both self destructive and reactionary.

Dead Cosmonaut has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Aug 22, 2016

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Either way there are plenty of opportunities for his supporters to shift the party to the left other than withholding their vote in November. Stamping them out is both self destructive and reactionary.

The core I am talking about will not be voting D in November regardless of what the Democrats do. Those people deserve to be mocked, not placated.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The core I am talking about will not be voting D in November regardless of what the Democrats do. Those people deserve to be mocked, not placated.

Over 75% of Bernie's supporters are voting for Clinton. That's his core.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Rand alPaul posted:

Never forget :bernget:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
lol at xylroc's bad posts

squash and kill people for having ideas that are different than yours, sounds ironically familiar...

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's August 21, 2016, and we're still having Clinton supporters melting down over Sanders. :laugh:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Over 75% of Bernie's supporters are voting for Clinton. That's his core.

You keep telling yourself that.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I don't have to. Virtually any poll that has been done on his supporters can prove it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Polls show around 85-95% of Bernie Bros will vote for Shillery this fall.

it's not like they were going to support the madman Trump instead.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

I'm totally down with purging the remaining Naderite five percent.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

etalian posted:

*looks at polls*

No, no, I think I'll trust the guy Arzying over the professionals. He's got moxie.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pander posted:

*looks at polls*

No, no, I think I'll trust the guy Arzying over the professionals. He's got moxie.

Bernie said he will be campaigning alongside Hillary this fall.

He will do his part to make sure Trump is humilated in a yuge landslide defeat.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

etalian posted:

Bernie said he will be campaigning alongside Hillary this fall.

He will do his part to make sure Trump is humilated in a yuge landslide defeat.

A 19 year old in Minnesota just decided Hillary was the devil and Bernie's an rear end in a top hat for not fighting through the convention, so nothing you say is true anymore.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

I don't have to. Virtually any poll that has been done on his supporters can prove it.

Let me break it down for you. I define the core one way, and you define it another. The people I troll are the guys posting 20 year old Clinton Foundation conspiracies or the ones who crash the DNC dancing around and catching fire by accident while attempting to derail the nomination process. Your definition of core includes all people who voted for Sanders but that is a really stupid definition (no one is going to call the 90% of Bernie supporters going to Hillary "core" supporters).

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
By your own definition I can find the "core" of Hillary's supporters at hillaryis44.com (i.e., a group of people who got really upset that she lost to Obama, started PUMA, attempted to protest the DNC, and post conspiracy theories). We both know that's pure nonsense.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Let me break it down for you. I define the core one way, and you define it another. The people I troll are the guys posting 20 year old Clinton Foundation conspiracies or the ones who crash the DNC dancing around and catching fire by accident while attempting to derail the nomination process. Your definition of core includes all people who voted for Sanders but that is a really stupid definition (no one is going to call the 90% of Bernie supporters going to Hillary "core" supporters).

Speaking of core:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

By your own definition I can find the "core" of Hillary's supporters at hillaryis44.com (i.e., a group of people who got really upset that she lost to Obama, started PUMA, attempted to protest the DNC, and post conspiracy theories). We both know that's pure nonsense.

People worthy of mocking, I can get behind this

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Nader was right.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

People worthy of mocking, I can get behind this

turn on your monitor

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i care about who people vote for unironically as it satisfies my desperate need to feel superior

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i dont like that bernie bros who had clinton as a second choice voting for her :qq:

"I want them to keep losing so badlyyyy :qq: so that i can feel better about myself because im a massive shithead who wonders why nobody likes me" - xylroc

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Breadallelogram posted:

Nader was right.

False, the Corvair owned.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

i dont like that bernie bros who had clinton as a second choice voting for her :qq:

"I want them to keep losing so badlyyyy :qq: so that i can feel better about myself because im a massive shithead who wonders why nobody likes me" - xylroc

Give me the good stuff, maybe post some updates on delegates who "won't be voting for Clinton" just to help me finish, I need it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Give me the good stuff, maybe post some updates on delegates who "won't be voting for Clinton" just to help me finish, I need it

this desperation that you have going on?

i like that you're doubling down on it and instead of shrugging it off, its comically backfiring on you and it makes you look even more dependent on a punching bag

next thing i know youre gonna puppetmaster your way out of it lmbo :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

:bernpop:

• Locked thread