Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wait so how do Itachi and Nagato have their bullshit eye powers when it's explicitly stated that Sasuke and Madara took their bullshit eyes? Is the reanimation just able to copy powers like that? Why not give that power to all the corpse army if you can duplicate the power without needing the actual eye? gently caress, why not give all your zombies bullshit eye powers, seems like it'd help the war effort. God it really is like the author just decided "gently caress it, let's do a boss rush, does [insert plot hole] make sense? FORGET IT WHO'LL NOTICE?"

Also is Itachi just straight up immortal now? Like they said earlier that the only thing stopping the zombie ninja from just resurrecting again immediately after an asswhuppin was those convenient mummy burrito seals all the good guys have. So assuming no one seals him, he just lives forever now, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TwoPair posted:

Wait so how do Itachi and Nagato have their bullshit eye powers when it's explicitly stated that Sasuke and Madara took their bullshit eyes? Is the reanimation just able to copy powers like that? Why not give that power to all the corpse army if you can duplicate the power without needing the actual eye? gently caress, why not give all your zombies bullshit eye powers, seems like it'd help the war effort. God it really is like the author just decided "gently caress it, let's do a boss rush, does [insert plot hole] make sense? FORGET IT WHO'LL NOTICE?"

People get reanimated based on the state of their body at the time of death. If Pain and Itachi's eyes had been removed before they died they would've been blind. Also it's not their actual bodies that their souls are resurrected into but any convenient corpse that then gets covered in dirt to look like the host's body.

TwoPair posted:

Also is Itachi just straight up immortal now? Like they said earlier that the only thing stopping the zombie ninja from just resurrecting again immediately after an asswhuppin was those convenient mummy burrito seals all the good guys have. So assuming no one seals him, he just lives forever now, right?

Not exactly. Unless the person who summoned him releases the spell his soul is going to stick around in that body, unless some other method is used to steal his soul.

And the eye from that crow that Naruto ate is the remaining eye of Shisui, Itachi's partner, whose other eye was stolen by Danzo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
And Shisui's unique Sharingan power was an unbreakable mind-control Genjutsu, which is what broke/replaced Kabuto's control over Itachi (and would have made Sasuke stop being a dumbshit). Madara has a wormhole eye, Itachi and Sasuke spawn undying black flame.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It's not just unbreakable, it's also impossible for the target to realise it's happened. It reaches into someone's mind and fundamentally changes something. Danzo did it earlier this game in fact to try and take the position of leader of the combined ninja forces.

Itachi set it to implant the command to protect Konoha, so if it went off on Sasuke it would've allowed Naruto to drag him back without any trouble. As it is it didn't actually do anything to Itachi because he was already super loyal to Konoha, but it does actually interrupt the Chakra flow Kabuto uses to control his zombies, because of how deep the Genjutsu goes.

It's Inception Jutsu basically without needing to do a bunch of science bullshit.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

TwoPair posted:

There's a reason that that spell is supposed to be the most powerful of all the ninja spells. Can't stop people who are already dead, and they have all their powers! This is also the reason why something that happens later (as in the next game because I stopped reading the manga or watching the anime at the Third Hokager dying) doesn't make any drat sense to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I might've just been loopy at the time but this episode was so goddamn funny when I was watching it on my break this morning so thanks a lot. I was literally laughing so hard it hurt, at the time. I wanted to stop but I couldn't.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
I do, however, enjoy the visual of a giant crow flying out of Naruto's mouth. It is nice.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Let's play Naruto UNS3 starring Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, and Croooooowww!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fabulousvillain posted:

Let's play Naruto UNS3 starring Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, and Croooooowww!

If you're wondering how they use bullshit eyes, or other magic facts, Just repeat to yourself "it's just an anime, I should really just relax."

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ChorpSaway posted:

This is my new favorite thing. Hope you find something you enjoy!
I've already watched Joker Game since then. It's super good.

I'm sad to see a show fail the Bechdel test in 2016, but since it's a serious period piece, I guess it's about as close to acceptable as it can be.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: SUPER UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, Naruto arrives on the scene, just in time for the last bit of clean-up! Oh, did I say last? What I meant to say is that Kabuto has one last trick up his sleeve, and it's easily the most dangerous one yet. What can the Ninja Alliance do against this final resurrection?

Characters Introduced This Episode

Mu
The Second Tsuchikage. He is one of a small selection of shinobi who are able to use all elements of ninjutsu, and also had the ability to camouflage himself and his chakra aura completely. He also has the ability to split himself completely into two bodies, at the cost of reducing his power by half. Also he can fly, sure. He died in order to kill Gengetsu, the Second Mizukage, his mortal enemy.

Rasa
The Fourth Kazekage and the father of Gaara. In his attempt to improve the quality of the ninja in his village, he sealed a Tailed Beast in his unborn child, which ended up killing his wife and causing Gaara to become violently unstable. He then spent a lot of time trying to kill his son and take part in other underhanded tactics for power, including allying with Orochimaru. Orochimaru then betrayed him and killed him. Whoops!

Gengetsu
The Second Mizukage. He hates Mu for using underhanded tactics, as a very honorable ninja. He's particularly prominent with Water ninjutsu, being able to change himself into a liquid state at will, shoot powerful water bullets from his finger, and also uh create expanding water balloons of himself that would explode. We don't like to talk about that one. Also he can summon giant clams. He died in battle with Mu, but also ended up causing his death for an overall tie.

Ay
The Third Raikage, not to be confused with Ay, the Fourth Raikage, his son. The originator of Darui's Black Lightning technique, he is regarded for his incredible strength and durability. He was known for taking on a Tailed Beast on his own, and fighting off 10000 men in order to protect his people. He eventually died in that fight, but he is still respected as the most powerful Raikage.

Madara Uchiha
Wait, I thought the other guy was Madara! So if this is the real deal, then who's the masked rear end in a top hat???

:siren: ALSO CHOCO DISASTER :siren:

Youtube
MP3 Download

Today it's time for Jordan and I to talk about our current impressions on the shows we're watching this summer, and someone made the mistake of over-stuffing his anime plate (it's me)! But, we'll still do our best to have fun as we talk about the highs and lows as we see them so far.
Also, we've updated our RSS feed if you use a reader to listen to podcasts that you can find here!

FractalSandwich posted:

I've already watched Joker Game since then. It's super good.

Hell yeah!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This would have been a really good episode but it's Naruto so it's ridiculous. The commentary on what's going on is still A++ material though.

loving two moons and tribal tats.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The fight with the previous kages are obviously shortened here, not that we missed much other than Gara's daddy/mommy issues. But there ends up being a dis-proportionally large time spent on the 2nd Mizukage, mostly because of the giant clam mentioned above but also because of the dumbest named ninja technique ever: Jokey Boy, similar to the inflating exploding water clones except instead it's filled with hot oil and keeps regenerating itself.
So yes there was a regenerating exploding oil balloon clone "ninja" technique. It's well established by now that ninjutsu is just magic but of course Madara immediately makes everything even sillier by doublecasting meteor there.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Future Friend is starting to worry me here. He knows too much.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Steak Eater posted:

Future Friend is starting to worry me here. He knows too much.

My god, I know who Toby really is.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Tobi is Madara too. He used that fission spell that the mummy did and while one of the two clones died the other survived. And once one of the two clones dies the other will gain his strength and become more powerful or some bullshit. Unlike the other time a clone died and the other didn't get any more powerful.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ya know, looking back on it, at first I was like, "that pick-me-up line by flying midget man doesn't make any sense" but after thinking about it at work (because this video was the last thing I watched before I went in) it's actually pretty nice, if a little un-Naruto. If I'm right, it implies that old guy, almost assuredly close to death at his age, has fallen into a rut because of his life experiences starting to catch up with him in his old age and feeling that maybe he's fallen behind the times and searching that one thing that can "pick him up" out of his old man depression and give him a reason to keep fighting.

That being said, this is Naruto, not loving The Bucket List.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Gologle posted:

Ya know, looking back on it, at first I was like, "that pick-me-up line by flying midget man doesn't make any sense" but after thinking about it at work (because this video was the last thing I watched before I went in) it's actually pretty nice, if a little un-Naruto. If I'm right, it implies that old guy, almost assuredly close to death at his age, has fallen into a rut because of his life experiences starting to catch up with him in his old age and feeling that maybe he's fallen behind the times and searching that one thing that can "pick him up" out of his old man depression and give him a reason to keep fighting.

and then this old tiny rear end loving man near death gets hit with two rocks and just loving survives, he owns

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
As the plot gets dumber I have so many questions:

• So why does the (dead) Raikage demand someone with wind-style to fight him? Are ninjas just loving pokemon with type weaknesses? Why would a wind-type be any more effective than a really strong [any other element] type ninja?
  • So why does Kabuto need to possess the Mummy the Tsuchikage to resurrect Madara? Hasn't he been resurrecting all these fuckin' zombies from miles and miles away and then he's able to talk to them in their heads? Did he just feel like a face to face conversation?
  • How does Madara instantly know about Madara's Tobi's plan?

• Why does Naruto give a poo poo about his chakra level if he's a clone?
  • Furthermore, if he's a clone, how does he have a finite chakra level? I thought all the clones shared from the same pool but Naruto-Prime is still super saiyan on loving fire.

Gologle posted:

I can't wait for the live-action Hollywood adaptation of Naruto where Ohnoki is played by Jack Nicholson.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I want to say they said sometime in the anime or maybe somtime during the last game that Wind style was the most challenging to use? So maybe the dude wants a challenge?

No idea really, just kinda pulling things out of my rear end. Much like Naruto's creator when he was making the plot at this point :shrug:

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:allears::allears::allears::allears: Bless you for combining the two moments where FutureFriend accidentally called it.

TwoPair posted:

As the plot gets dumber I have so many questions:

• So why does the (dead) Raikage demand someone with wind-style to fight him? Are ninjas just loving pokemon with type weaknesses? Why would a wind-type be any more effective than a really strong [any other element] type ninja?
  • So why does Kabuto need to possess the Mummy the Tsuchikage to resurrect Madara? Hasn't he been resurrecting all these fuckin' zombies from miles and miles away and then he's able to talk to them in their heads? Did he just feel like a face to face conversation?
  • Furthermore, if he's a clone, how does he have a finite chakra level? I thought all the clones shared from the same pool but Naruto-Prime is still super saiyan on loving fire.

To summarize, the Raikage has such physical prowess that a lot of close range jutsu wouldn't affect him much, so a long range element like wind is better. So it's kinda like what you said.
Someone must be at the destination to actively summon someone via the Reincarnation Jutsu. Madara was reincarnated but not activated until that transportation.
Off-screen exposition.
Clones die when they run out of chakra.
They pull chakra from the user when they initially split but then have the finite resource. It is distributed evenly across all the clones at the time of split.

I'm sorry if you didn't want answers, or at least didn't want these answers.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No, I did actually want answers, thanks. However, going back a bit...

White Coke posted:

Not exactly. Unless the person who summoned him releases the spell his soul is going to stick around in that body, unless some other method is used to steal his soul.

So wait why doesn't Kabuto just release the spell on Itachi immediately? I mean, I've never been an evil ninja chessmaster (that I can recall) so maybe I don't understand his ways, but it seems to me like the minute your super powerful zombie ninja goes rogue is the minute to cancel the zombie spell.

(Also setting aside all these dumb Naruto questions I just wanted to say great job with the LP guys. I had to pause the video to give myself time to stop laughing at the fetish jutsu jokes)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 22, 2016

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TwoPair posted:

So wait why doesn't Kabuto just release the spell on Itachi immediately? I mean, I've never been an evil ninja chessmaster (that I can recall) so maybe I don't understand his ways, but it seems to me like the minute your super powerful zombie ninja goes rogue is the minute to cancel the zombie spell.

I think he can only release the spell for all of the zombies or none at all. So if he wants to be rid of Itachi, he'd have to sacrifice all of his other zombie slaves too. Although if Kabuto had just exercised full control over Itachi instead of allowing him to retain conscious thought he wouldn't have been able to rebel. In the manga several characters are actually able to escape from the spell when they resolved issues they had when they died, like reconciling with estranged family members. Or getting the poo poo kicked out of them by their students.

TwoPair posted:

1. There's absolutely a wheel of type weakness that goes: fire>wind>lightning>earth>water>fire. In the manga Naruto uses his wind technique to break through the Third Raikage's arm and uses it to incapacitate him long enough to be trapped since the Third's lightning body shield is all but indestructible.
2. What Chorps said. Also Imhotepkage wouldn't know the spell to summon undead Madara so Kabuto would need to do it himself.
3. What Chorps said.
4. What Chorps said. Also he wants to stay and help fight, so protagonist angst.
5. What Chorps said.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of praise here; you guys have a great rapport, and manage to be both smarter and more genuinely funny* than most (if not all) of the 'professional' LPers I've listened to. I'll be following this LP and any more you do in the future. Keep up the good work!

*Special kudos to FutureFriend, who gets a legit laugh-out-loud out of me in virtually every episode.

Fake Edit: I may have missed it, but where did the "Tobi" running joke / nickname come from?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He was legit called Tobi and acted like a high pitched dumbass in NS2 until his grand reveal.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Possibly dumb question, maybe someone did say it: what do they do with the cocoons? The reanimated get wrapped up and the buried again? Burned? They wait until the re-animator gets killed in order to be buried again? Are they" alive" in the cocoon?

Also, does the multiplayer UNS 2 Tobi has a pre-reveal and post-reveal form?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, what are the loving chances that I hear JordanKai talk about how life is suffering because he discovered the terms 'mpreg' and 'unbirthing' during his Drakengard 1 recap video and then I come over here and we're dealing with 'Gross internet fetish no jutsu' for three mintues!?

Ghost of Starman posted:

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of praise here; you guys have a great rapport, and manage to be both smarter and more genuinely funny* than most (if not all) of the 'professional' LPers I've listened to. I'll be following this LP and any more you do in the future. Keep up the good work!

*Special kudos to FutureFriend, who gets a legit laugh-out-loud out of me in virtually every episode.

Fake Edit: I may have missed it, but where did the "Tobi" running joke / nickname come from?

Chorpsaway also did an LP of Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 as well so you might wanna take a look at that.

Chorps got it but somehow I don't. What's going on?

Also, 'Oh god, he threw a rock, we're all gonna die!' was hilarious. Way to keep hitting new highs of comedy every episode. It almost makes me not salty that I've gotta wait a week for a new episode!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Chorpsaway also did an LP of Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 as well so you might wanna take a look at that.

While there are many good jokes in the LP, I think the episode 9 (,,Nine-tailed Foxhound" has the ultimate joke, and I'll spoil it so one could experience it as it was intented to, in context:

It's like Garfield and Sonic.

That's my joke opinion, thanks for reading.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

ChorpSaway posted:

Gengetsu
The Second Mizukage. He hates Mu for using underhanded tactics, as a very honorable ninja. He's particularly prominent with Water ninjutsu, being able to change himself into a liquid state at will, shoot powerful water bullets from his finger, and also uh create expanding water balloons of himself that would explode. We don't like to talk about that one. Also he can summon giant clams. He died in battle with Mu, but also ended up causing his death for an overall tie.
This guy gets promoted to a full playable character in Revolutions (all of the zombie kage do) and he's a projectile character so his attacks are just :ocelot: shooting water at you.

Also Reanimation is the most unfun bullshit imaginable, almost as bad as Izanagi.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Chorps got it but somehow I don't. What's going on?

You should check out my LP of Drake of the 99 Dragons on the LP Archive for full context but basically this isn't the first time FF has guessed correctly about a dumb thing happening in one of my LPs.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
Drake of the 99 Dragons is a way dumber game/story than Naruto, but now that I think about it, they have some similarities. Namely more bullshit abilities with every new chapter, an increasingly confusing plot and a dark-haired edgelord avenging the slaughter of his clan. Sasuke of the 99 Uchihas.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would forgive literally every problem with Naruto if Naruto flung himself out a window after getting his super mode.

"Have I become... invincible???" is still one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen in any game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

You should check out my LP of Drake of the 99 Dragons on the LP Archive for full context but basically this isn't the first time FF has guessed correctly about a dumb thing happening in one of my LPs.

I did! Even the cut version! I watched all of your LPs already but I don't remember everything that happened in them though so what's going on there?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I will actually say though that the Madara Reveal fight is one of the 'here's where the budget went' moments in the anime and is actually worth watching. It's mostly Madara making GBS threads all over an army of jobber ninjas hand-to-hand for a while, which is extremely good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19PYNhAcQso

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I did! Even the cut version! I watched all of your LPs already but I don't remember everything that happened in them though so what's going on there?

This should explain everything.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I just want to say; that LP was absolutely hilarious from one end to another.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

"Have I become... invincible???" is still one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen in any game.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ChorpSaway posted:

Youtube
MP3 Download

Today it's time for Jordan and I to talk about our current impressions on the shows we're watching this summer, and someone made the mistake of over-stuffing his anime plate (it's me)! But, we'll still do our best to have fun as we talk about the highs and lows as we see them so far.
I might have to watch Orange, since you both seem to like it so much.

I watched the new series of Hero since last time, too, and that's fun. Not anime, but it's Japanese TV and I have a vague memory that you might have mentioned it on the cast once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
By the way, do you listen to Video Games Hot Dog, Chorps, or has someone been going around asking a bunch of completely unrelated podcasts about their favourite games made by women?

• Locked thread