Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I keep looking at the GW store and thinking, outside of 2 or 3 most of the characters in there are the "oh and I guess he fills a roster slot to" kind of guys. So really why not move all the Biggs of each category to here so people can fill the whole even if it's not the best guy. Just start moving labot, first order officer, veers and all the other guys no one is every going to willingly farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Nice being able to auto both credit heist tiers.

Fund my rebel mods. 84/85 on luke, multi-simmed 15x for two shards lol.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Omg the Biggs Palatine bromance it it actually makes Biggs kind of good. I love this event. Unless I can't get him in which case gently caress this event. I am soooooo close to 5 *

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

I love this event. Unless I can't get him in which case gently caress this event.

I can't get him. gently caress this event.

:saddowns:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Venture posted:

I can't get him. gently caress this event.

:saddowns:

Same here, my high-levels are spread all over the place in terms of faction, so I really need to focus on completing some teams before I miss anymore events.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
He unlocks at 5*...any chance you can get enough rebels to 5* in time?

Arena tokens: STH, AA, Leia
Cantina: Lando, Luke
Cantina Tokens: HRS
GW Tokens: Biggs

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

The 5* battle was also super easy compared to 6 or 7.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Malgrin posted:

I've currently got Leia, STH and Luke eligible. Leia is 7* lvl 80, Omega'd and has some of my best mods after Rey, so she's been putting in the bulk of the work; STH and Luke are both 5* and in their 50's though.

I can probably get Biggs there in time, but getting the 5th is where I'm going to cutting it close. I've been wanting an excuse to build Lando though, so hopefully with the retuned Cantina costs I can squeeze him in.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Worst part is how Lando unlocks at 2*.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wintermutant posted:

I've currently got Leia, STH and Luke eligible. Leia is 7* lvl 80, Omega'd and has some of my best mods after Rey, so she's been putting in the bulk of the work; STH and Luke are both 5* and in their 50's though.

I can probably get Biggs there in time, but getting the 5th is where I'm going to cutting it close. I've been wanting an excuse to build Lando though, so hopefully with the retuned Cantina costs I can squeeze him in.

Your Leia can solo T5. You just need 4 other heroes at 5*.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

cowofwar posted:

Worst part is how Lando unlocks at 2*.

Wait, what? He needs 80 shards to unlock but only unlocks at 2*?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Changed to arena old ben (L), st-han, phasma, qgj, rey. Took out rg.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
If you have a 2* unlocked Lando, you got him from a twitter promotion several months ago.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, my Lando is 4*, and I don't remember having put any shards into him as of yet.

And that's good to know about my Leia being able to handle that tier; I may actually manage to pull this off after all.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
As others have said, Lando unlocks at 4*. I unlocked him this morning.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I have 34 7* 80 toons. Who's next? Lando, Aayla, or jedi knight anakin? I'm thinking JKA will be most useful for arena.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Well, I got surprise sex in the arena today. Emperor, vadar, Lando, 88, RG. First two had massive speed mods or maybe leader gives speed cuz they went early, before lando early. Had no chance 3/5 of a 40k team dead during the aE.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

cowofwar posted:

I have 34 7* 80 toons. Who's next? Lando, Aayla, or jedi knight anakin? I'm thinking JKA will be most useful for arena.

How do you have 34 7* / 80 people but not Lando? Hes really fun.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Maybe if I am super lucky I will get him at 5* is he even any use at that level? Seriously gently caress having half the drat rebels in arena. :argh:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Jerkface posted:

How do you have 34 7* / 80 people but not Lando? Hes really fun.
So many cantina peeps and was working on jawas and ewoks unfortunately.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Did anyone else have their stars wiped from the ability mat challenge?

I had all of them 3 starred, but now I have to do them all over.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

slut chan posted:

Did anyone else have their stars wiped from the ability mat challenge?

I had all of them 3 starred, but now I have to do them all over.

I have had two challenge levels and 1 light side node reset to zero stars. No idea why.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
I completed one, and the rest returned to normal. Weird.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I hadn't played for a while. Can I get an invite back to Goongan or whatever other guild is open?

In game name is Tracula.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Missing 6 people on the IGD raid. Almost done p4.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I just did tabs and mine. I need to figure out a good phase 4 team because my DPS in the raid is so drat bad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

I just did tabs and mine. I need to figure out a good phase 4 team because my DPS in the raid is so drat bad.

There isn't really one. You just have to throw dps at it until the rancor dies. If you have enough potency on rex, teebo, and a slow, then you can get some damage in, but his tenacity is very high.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Swapped to phasma/rg/st-han/qgj/rey

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Been playing in a sort of 'collect 'em all' way for a while now before reading this thread and joining the guild. Suddenly building the team I want and working towards actually unlocking them has suddenly made this way more fun. Kind of wish I'd done this a while ago.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

Swapped to phasma/rg/st-han/qgj/rey

This is my arena team too. If I'm facing Ben, especially Ben + STHan, I'll substitute Yoda for RG.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I applied to Qui GoonJinn, name is Rask something

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just unlocked 7* Palpatine this evening, here was my team:

74 Ackbar G9 (L), 80 STHan G11, 80 Leia G10, 72 Luke G8, 66 Biggs G8

Took maybe 6 tries.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Palpatine unlocks after the five star level? I might push for Biggs and Luke then. Too bad I just read this, after using two Cantina refreshes on getting Lando towards seven stars, instead of using them on getting Luke to five.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

MichiganCubbie posted:

Palpatine unlocks after the five star level? I might push for Biggs and Luke then. Too bad I just read this, after using two Cantina refreshes on getting Lando towards seven stars, instead of using them on getting Luke to five.

You've still got a week or so, I think. Also, you can get Luke shards from the guild store.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Just unlocked 7* Palpatine this evening, here was my team:

74 Ackbar G9 (L), 80 STHan G11, 80 Leia G10, 72 Luke G8, 66 Biggs G8

Took maybe 6 tries.

Very nice. I had all level 80 Ackbar G9, STH G11, Leia G8, Luke G8, and HRS G7, and beat it first attempt. I probably could have spent a lot less on HRS, but I figure he's pretty good -- Lando will probably replace Luke when I go for the Rebels mod challenge or Empire Assault event. Also really close to G9 Leia and G10 Ackbar, which should also make for a good raid squad.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
There's this useful cantina shard farming calculator for peeps trying to figure out if they can farm enough shards for Palpatine in time:

https://jscalc.io/calc/rl77j7l6IpeYtBk6

If you're not going to make it this time around, I would recommend working on Biggs and Wedge, who is very likely to become f2p after August.

They are a very strong meta team thanks to the recent tweaks, and both being rebels they will help you the next time the Palp event rolls around.

Check out this Wedge/Biggs/Lando/Ani/STHan team against some very strong arena teams:

https://vimeo.com/178760069

edit: That first battle is a testament to the power of the 'tashe, :drat:

KingOfTheTramps fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 22, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

Also really close to G9 Leia and G10 Ackbar, which should also make for a good raid squad.

I gave up on g10 Ackbar after seeing what gear he requires :(

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

KingOfTheTramps posted:

There's this useful cantina shard farming calculator for peeps trying to figure out if they can farm enough shards for Palpatine in time:

https://jscalc.io/calc/rl77j7l6IpeYtBk6

OK, this calculator gives me hope. Let's see if RNG gets Lando to 7* in time!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Wedge/Biggs/Lando in action: https://vimeo.com/178760069

Gotta love how Biggs went from useless to meta in one day :D

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Been working on a resistance team. Poe (L), Rey, Trooper, Pilot plus one other. Probably Leia or poggle. How dumb is this?