Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

LordAba posted:

Listen up fleshheads! I have another box of Aetherium to give away. So I will be holding a contest next month.
It will involve painting punk. Cyber punk, steam punk, actual punk. Yay!
It will involve painting clean, surgical, precise. The cold perfection of machine and AI over the disgusting filth.

Double points if you paint something reminiscent of Philip K Dick. Reference a book, reference a movie based on a book. Just love the Dick.

More details will come at the start of next month.

So next months achievement is Just love the Dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! 4 Fusiliers and a Squalos.
Corvus Belli

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Got through that last set of stuff pretty quickly. Time for more!

Oath Addition
6 corrupted doctors (28mm CMON)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan, Do Hearby Solemnly Oath for August 4 Goblinses and Mind Eater by Reaper

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! 4 Fusiliers and a Squalos.
Corvus Belli

Arson Fire posted:

Got through that last set of stuff pretty quickly. Time for more!

Oath Addition
6 corrupted doctors (28mm CMON)

Approved!

Ugleb posted:

So next months achievement is Just love the Dick?

Nope, that's an extra competition being run by LordAba. See the OP for next month's Jurnal. (OK technically the third post)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:orks101: I Weirdo Oath one Greater Stone Golem and 8 Fleabag riders, both 28mm and from Mantic.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Claiming Speed Paint on the Mind Eater.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this to claim the achievement now, or when I finish the rest of the oath, or both.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Weirdo posted:

:orks101: I Weirdo Oath one Greater Stone Golem and 8 Fleabag riders, both 28mm and from Mantic.

Approved!

Takuan posted:

Claiming Speed Paint on the Mind Eater.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this to claim the achievement now, or when I finish the rest of the oath, or both.

Claim it with the rest of your stuff in your Oath Completion post.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I Bucnasti oath these five Reaper Bones adventurers for August.

Bucnasti fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 14, 2016

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of August:

Gotham Police Set II, for the Batman Miniatures Game, 32mm scale by Knight Models.
Ambulance (with Gurney), 32mm scale by TTCombat.
Scaffolding (with generator), 32mm by TTCombat.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 oath for August this lizardman and these three Kulathi warriors.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath for August one GW Epic Knight Errant (6mm) and one Marauder Dark Elf Cauldron of Blood (28mm):

There is some paint on the cauldron that I couldn't strip off, I don't expect that'll be a problem?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

I Bucnasti oath these five Reaper Bones adventurers for August.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of August:

Gotham Police Set II, for the Batman Miniatures Game, 32mm scale by Knight Models.
Ambulance (with Gurney), 32mm scale by TTCombat.
Scaffolding (with generator), 32mm by TTCombat.

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 oath for August this lizardman and these three Kulathi warriors.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for August one GW Epic Knight Errant (6mm) and one Marauder Dark Elf Cauldron of Blood (28mm):

There is some paint on the cauldron that I couldn't strip off, I don't expect that'll be a problem?

It'll be fine, if you're that worried re-take the oath shot after priming :)

All Approved!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, glitchkrieg, oath this Chaos Warrior (GW) for August

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I, ZachAttack, oath 1 Kodiac, 3 Condors and 5 Bear APC's for the month of August (10mm, Dropzone Commander, Hawkwargames.)

also going to do some spring cleaning

closer on the date

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath this Chaos Warrior (GW) for August

ZachAttack posted:

I, ZachAttack, oath 1 Kodiac, 3 Condors and 5 Bear APC's for the month of August (10mm, Dropzone Commander, Hawkwargames.)

also going to do some spring cleaning

closer on the date

Approved!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Oath Addition!

1 epic scale Necron Destroyer Lord

I was going to make some objective markers for the sake of the technical challenge, but decided I'd just throw this little chap together instead.

I might have also nailed the speed painting achievement with this, but I'll save that photo for the oath complete post :)

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, oath one crazy-rear end Kum Motorcycle Trooper for the month of August (28mm, Infinity, Corvus Belli)

Ilor fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 17, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Fire Elemental / Ifrit - this guy was hard to photo from the front due to his slanty nature

Stone Elemental. I'm not too happy with the glow effect between the boulders, I may redo it at some point or just remove it and go back to black.

Ork Idol / Turn Counter / Blood Point Tracker, there's a short rod under the idol which plugs into the base with the numbers.

Squig Catapult

A bunch of bolt throwers

Claiming Jurnal for the Fire Elemental, and I Rolled a 6 for the turn counter Idol

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

enri posted:

Oath Addition!

1 epic scale Necron Destroyer Lord

I was going to make some objective markers for the sake of the technical challenge, but decided I'd just throw this little chap together instead.

I might have also nailed the speed painting achievement with this, but I'll save that photo for the oath complete post :)

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, oath one crazy-rear end Kum Motorcycle Trooper for the month of August (28mm, Infinity, Corvus Belli)

Approved!

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

Oath addition

24 German Grenadiers, 28mm by Warlord Games

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Stave, 28mm, from Guild Ball

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath addition: one Reaver Gunship and one Corruptor Gunship for Dropzone Commander (Hawk, 10mm, Resin)

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
I, Nichol hereby Oath this old-rear end Gundam GM for the month of August.

If it is allowed?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Small versions of everything are cool, they don't have to be wargame or boardgame figures. I've got a 1/35 Tank Destroyer I'm slowly working on that will be oathed at some point

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

INinja132 posted:

Oath addition

24 German Grenadiers, 28mm by Warlord Games

Signal posted:

Oath!

Stave, 28mm, from Guild Ball

wdarkk posted:

Oath addition: one Reaver Gunship and one Corruptor Gunship for Dropzone Commander (Hawk, 10mm, Resin)

Nichol posted:

I, Nichol hereby Oath this old-rear end Gundam GM for the month of August.

If it is allowed?

All Approved!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I, lilljonas, oath 8 French Napoleonic Line Infantrymen

28mm, Perry Miniatures. These are test minis, before I decide on paints for the whole unit. They look weird as they are mounted on nails, to hold while painting.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Grey Hunter posted:

I grey Hunter Oath the following - 25 US Infantry, 3 US Field Guns, 15 Lobotron Slicers and 15 Lobotron Blasters - all 15mm by the now defunct Alien Dungeon, but soon to be relaunched by Iornclad games, so now I'm all confused.

Its going well this month, so lets try an Oath Addition!

[b]1 Overseer, 2 Intruder Betas, 8 Moniters, 3 Stalkers, 2 Falcon B's and 2 Corruptors/Reavers - magnetized so they can be swapped between loadouts.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath 1 war rig, 20mm, by word forge games for August.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

[b]1 Overseer, 2 Intruder Betas, 8 Moniters, 3 Stalkers, 2 Falcon B's and 2 Corruptors/Reavers - magnetized so they can be swapped between loadouts.

Did you magnetize your Overseer? I kind of want to do that for mine once it arrives, but that looks like a large hunk of resin to hold vertically with magnets.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

wdarkk posted:

Did you magnetize your Overseer? I kind of want to do that for mine once it arrives, but that looks like a large hunk of resin to hold vertically with magnets.

No, the way the connections work mean that switching between an Overseer and a Desolater would be a lot of work - the arc reactor thing fits into the groves the legs of the Desolater come out of.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Grey Hunter posted:

No, the way the connections work mean that switching between an Overseer and a Desolater would be a lot of work - the arc reactor thing fits into the groves the legs of the Desolater come out of.

Every time I hear arc reactor I think the Scourge have made a host of Ironman and started fitting Stark tech onto their stuff. Judging by the rules for that thing they actually might.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, oath for August 12 Legion of Everblight Swordsmen!

I stupidly forgot to take the picture before applying the foundation for the rock bases, but I seem to recall that bases don't count as part of the miniature, so I hope the oath will get accepted... would be very annoying if these ten minutes of painting would invalidate my oath :(

Luebbi posted:

Oath Addition!

Adding two Skorne Void Spirits and Kovaas!

Oath complete!

Claiming Theme Challenge for the balefire effect on the void spirits!

I had two weeks off work, and figured out a very quick tabletop-ready paint scheme for my legion. It's not fancy, but it gets me fully painted in no time ;) In addition to the models pictured, I painted another 11-man squad and a warcaster. Also, in the first picture there are 3 models in the background that I also finished and didn't oath. 33 models in 2 weeks is a new record for me! Too bad I've got to work again next week ;)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for the Month of August 8 dwarf Shieldbreakers by Mantic

I'm using 8-figure troops in KoW terms. Which means after this batch I only have 12 more troops to do by November... plus war machines.

And having done these, I realise that I never posted my Oath addition, which was the other 8 shieldbreakers, as evidently I closed the tab without posting;

Anyhow, I'd like to claim Speed Painting for the first 8, as well as #SquadGoals;

For the Theme Challenge I'd like to claim the standard bearer's pipe, although it's not hugely clear, being just an orangey-yellow dot;

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

lilljonas posted:

I, lilljonas, oath 8 French Napoleonic Line Infantrymen

28mm, Perry Miniatures. These are test minis, before I decide on paints for the whole unit. They look weird as they are mounted on nails, to hold while painting.

Grey Hunter posted:

1 Overseer, 2 Intruder Betas, 8 Moniters, 3 Stalkers, 2 Falcon B's and 2 Corruptors/Reavers - magnetized so they can be swapped between loadouts.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath 1 war rig, 20mm, by word forge games for August.

All approved!

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete!
And having done these, I realise that I never posted my Oath addition, which was the other 8 shieldbreakers, as evidently I closed the tab without posting;

Actually you did post them, here - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&pagenumber=27&perpage=40#post462956342 and they were approved here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=197655&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post462976242 :)

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Big Oath Addition since I'm changing up my list for Nova Open. One Overseer, one Despoiler, four bases of Warriors, Three Hunter Main Grav Tanks, all 10mm Hawk Wargames resin or white metal.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
OATH ADDITION

1 Culexus Assassin, hoping to get speed painting for him.

Germ
May 7, 2013

And, the random number generator says that the winner of the Terrain Prize draw is ....

NTRabbit!

Goon NTRabbit, please let me know what you'd like, and where you'd like me to send it. Either drop me a PM or shoot me an email at worldsmithindustries@gmail.com . You're welcome to select up to $75 in terrain from http://worldsmithindustries.com/ or from the new stuff I'm working on, which you can find in this kickstarter preview link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/164386443?token=3bfb28ea The kickstarter should be live later this week, but whatever you'd like, I'm happy to cast up and send it your way beforehand.

Thanks a million to everyone who oathed terrain!

And, of course, if you're in the market for some MORE terrain, feel free to check out my latest set of terrain, coming soon to a Kickstarter near you!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

That's weird- searching my posts didn't find them so I assumed it was just a brainfart on my end.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I, chutche2, oath 1 Warmachine Decimator.

Also, did you get my email about my July prize?

Edit: Forgot the timestamp

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Germ posted:

And, the random number generator says that the winner of the Terrain Prize draw is ....

NTRabbit!

:woop: CHICKEN DINNER! :woop:

I've been eyeing off some of your area terrain since the last KS, I'll do some calculations and email you about it soon.

Thanks for running the comp!

• Locked thread