Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Manbang and juche? :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

crazy cloud posted:

Manbang and juche? :wink:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Powercrazy posted:

Sounds like a piece of poo poo who got validation by being a misanthrope, good riddance.

Please don't sign your posts.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

I have two personalities

Nicest person you will ever meet
And...
TWISTED loving PSYCHOPATH

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...574b_story.html

I've been on the internet forever and following this story as it was happening live last year was truly one of the most hosed up and haunting things I'll ever see

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Does anyone have a link to goons.txt as i am a retard and can't find it :saddowns:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Friginator posted:

North Korea has launched their own government version of Netflix called "Manbang." We could probably have an entire thread just for hilariously insane things from North Korea.

well, there goes my idea for a gay hookup app. Manbang : "Go Bang a Man!"

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

darth_pizza posted:

jfc

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Nick Rivers posted:

I have two personalities

Nicest person you will ever meet
And...
TWISTED loving PSYCHOPATH

jeb lund?

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

darth_pizza posted:

no, no... just no. *thwaps newspaper* BAD! BAD DARTH_PIZZA!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

darth_pizza posted:

has it ever occurred to you

that you ARE that gay hookup app

it was inside you all along

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

FIRST TIME posted:

it was inside you all along

I mean, that was the idea

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Sounds like a piece of poo poo who got validation by being a misanthrope, good riddance.

needlessly mean that is tbh

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup

Just remembered this. Not really one for shadowy conspiracy theories but drat... don't gently caress with oil interests I guess.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

frytechnician posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup

Just remembered this. Not really one for shadowy conspiracy theories but drat... don't gently caress with oil interests I guess.

In the Summer of 1941 the Soviets and the British surprise attacked and conquered Iran for basically no reason except that they could and they wanted to. The Iranian government appealed to the US and Roosevelt said "lol gently caress off" and all this actually happened.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Here's what happens with Vietnam, 1939-1946:

1. France, of which the French Empire is a part, declares war on Nazi Germany.
2. France loses and negotiates a peace with the Germans where they are going to be neutral from here on out.
3. Japanese troops occupy Vietnam and the French living there collaborate with the Japanese to keep the Vietnamese down.
4. The US and Japan start a war, partially because of the Japanese occupation of Vietnam.
5. The US supports Viet resistance against the Japanese/French regime in Vietnam, including American medics saving Ho Chi Min from dying from a fever.
6. The Vietnamese people declare independence using words from the American Declaration of Independence.
7. Americans decide that there are good French, and there are bad French, and the Viets fought against bad French, and now it's time for good French to take charge of their country again.
8. Viets are pissed.

Most American collective memories of the 1960's start with "nobody knew where Vietnam was, or that Vietnam was a country" but loving Vietnam was a major reason why Americans were in WW2 and Ho Chi Minh was at the Versailles Conference in 1919 begging America to give a poo poo about hiim and his people.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

cheerfullydrab posted:

2. France loses and negotiates a peace with the Germans where they are going to be neutral from here on out.
3. Japanese troops occupy Vietnam and the French living there collaborate with the Japanese to keep the Vietnamese down.
4. The US and Japan start a war, partially because of the Japanese occupation of Vietnam.
5. The US supports Viet resistance against the Japanese/French regime in Vietnam, including American medics saving Ho Chi Min from dying from a fever.
6. The Vietnamese people declare independence using words from the American Declaration of Independence.
7. Americans decide that there are good French, and there are bad French, and the Viets fought against bad French, and now it's time for good French to take charge of their country again.
8. Viets are pissed.

Most American collective memories of the 1960's start with "nobody knew where Vietnam was, or that Vietnam was a country" but loving Vietnam was a major reason why Americans were in WW2 and Ho Chi Minh was at the Versailles Conference in 1919 begging America to give a poo poo about hiim and his people.
Please do not forget the joint Anglo-French invasion in 1945 to unseat the revolutionary government.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cheerfullydrab posted:

8. Viets are pissed.

Next you'll tell me american foreign policy was keen on empowering Saddam and Osama Bin Laden

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

jBrereton posted:

Please do not forget the joint Anglo-French invasion in 1945 to unseat the revolutionary government.

Whoops yeah forgot about how the British took charge, freed all the French people who collaborated with the Japanese, gave them guns and let them loose.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Modest Mao posted:

Next you'll tell me american foreign policy was keen on empowering Saddam and Osama Bin Laden

One of the Rambo movies is all about our friends the Taliban.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

One of the Rambo movies is all about our friends the Taliban.

They doctored the ending text on more recent prints of the film.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Powercrazy posted:

:ironicat::ironicat::ironicat:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lol

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think this is the most meta post ive ever seen

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

jsoh posted:

Barack Obama won the Nobel peace prize

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

jsoh posted:

So did Yassir Arafat.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Steven Bradbury, Australian Olympic gold medalist in speed skating, trailed the pack for the entirety of the race until, in the final corner of the final lap, the four other competitors fell right the gently caress over, allowing Bradbury to win the gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAADWfJO2qM

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

jsoh posted:

Even Obama was confused by that and wasn't all that jazzed to accept it.

Mr. 47 posted:

Steven Bradbury, Australian Olympic gold medalist in speed skating, trailed the pack for the entirety of the race until, in the final corner of the final lap, the four other competitors fell right the gently caress over, allowing Bradbury to win the gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAADWfJO2qM

Even more surprising was that was the strategy he literally trained for and the same thing happened to help him make it to the Olympics.

quote:

After consulting his national coach Ann Zhang, Bradbury's strategy from the semi-final onwards was to cruise behind his opponents and hope that they crashed, as he realised he was slower and could not match their raw pace.[15] His reasoning was that risk-taking by the favourites could cause a collision due to a racing incident, and if two or more skaters fell, the remaining three would all get medals, and that as he was slower than his opponents, trying to challenge them directly would only increase his own chances of falling.[15][16] Bradbury said that he was satisfied with his result, and felt that as the second-oldest competitor in the field, he was not able to match his opponents in four races on the same night.[17]

In his semi-final race, Bradbury was in last place, well off the pace of the medal favourites. However, three of the other competitors in the semi-final—defending champion Kim Dong-sung of South Korea, multiple Olympic medallist Li Jiajun of China and Mathieu Turcotte of Canada—crashed, paving the way for the Australian to take first place and advancing him through to the final.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Aug 22, 2016

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

jsoh posted:

That's mostly thanks to the then-current head of the Nobel committee, Thorbjørn Jagland. Previously (among other things) Prime Minister of Norway for a little while in the 90s. Nobody understood what the gently caress he was thinking then, nor later.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ts12 was a LF poster, not FYAD, and his suicide note urged his friends to take gender studies at night school.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Self-referencial irony.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen: my state representative, Mr. Justin Moed.

It's not so surprising that a politician was seeing a prostitute, or that he was secretly having affairs with men, or that the prostitute released their sordid text messages and photos to the press. The punchline is that this was the same prostitute who had previously exposed Anthony Weiner and ruined his career, and it's not like he didn't know who she was.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Maybe the risk of a career-ruining expose is a fetish for some politicians.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

osama bin laden was funded by the isi.

the taliban didn't exist when that rambo movie was made.

opus111 posted:

ts12 was a LF poster, not FYAD, and his suicide note urged his friends to take gender studies at night school.

i must read this note.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Groovelord Neato posted:

i must read this note.

here you go

https://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/lead-a-good-life-everyone-trey-malones-suicide-note/

(this is not a joke)

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

cheerfullydrab posted:

In the Summer of 1941 the Soviets and the British surprise attacked and conquered Iran for basically no reason except that they could and they wanted to. The Iranian government appealed to the US and Roosevelt said "lol gently caress off" and all this actually happened.

I'm the last person to defend acts of Western imperialism in the Middle East but the 1941 attack was a direct result of Reza Shah denying the transport of materiel to Russia through Iran. Writing that it was done "for basically no reason except that they could and they wanted to" is blatantly false. Yes, it's not a thing Jesus would do but securing a strategic passage so you can continue fighting actual Nazis during the biggest war in history isn't really comparable to the coup against Mossedeq.

Stop getting your history from Tumblr.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

cheerfullydrab posted:

In 1941 Britain didn't really seem like the place that could just start wars for fun everywhere, even if they are really really really really white and patriarchal. Was there some more context?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ugh, I can only imagine how insufferable he was in life if his goodbye letter to loved ones was that preachy.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

what's your point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Was the US not keen on people like Osama being empowered in 1970s Afghanistan.

Like you know the ISI funded him in 79 but where they get the money from dog

• Locked thread