Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dunban posted:

Exciting new Sun & Moon gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgZhBxhyQA

It is so weird to see normally proportioned people on the overworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

You'll get your shiny, else I'll get you one.

Everybody deserves a shiny.

i just looked up what shiny Espeon looked like and oh god it's lime loving green :gonk:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i just looked up what shiny Espeon looked like and oh god it's lime loving green :gonk:

Shiny pokemon are mostly ugly, you will learn this in time.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Golden Goat posted:

Except when they look awesome like Greninja or Aegislash

Gen 6 had some of the coolest shiny variants

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i have a shiny phantump who is very nice, and a shiny audino who is not offensive. i had a shiny oddish and ninetales on some gen 3 cart but they're gone now

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Really its mostly Gen 1/2 pokemon that have insanely lovely shiny sprites. Every other one is lime green or a shade darker (look up Pikachu's for the most :effort: thing)

Later gens are not immune by any means though. Shiny Garchomp for instance.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Zore posted:

They do make up for it by making their Mega evolutions have different colorations.

Shiny Mega Garchomp is still gross-looking though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zore posted:

Really its mostly Gen 1/2 pokemon that have insanely lovely shiny sprites. Every other one is lime green or a shade darker (look up Pikachu's for the most :effort: thing)

both shiny Scyther and shiny Zekrom are almost indistinguishable from regular :psyduck:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

shiny primal groudon/kyogre are pretty cool. my favorite shiny is probably breloom because it feels like a fall variant

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
So many shinys look dumb as hell. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that I feel looks better than the original is shiny Umbreon and the only reason I like that one is cause it reminds me of my dog when she's wearing a blue collar.

I was breeding Eevee's this past weekend for a Vaporeon and thought I might want to try for a shiny cause why not, then I looked it up and it sort of looked puke-colored.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

So many shinys look dumb as hell. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that I feel looks better than the original is shiny Umbreon and the only reason I like that one is cause it reminds me of my dog when she's wearing a blue collar.

I was breeding Eevee's this past weekend for a Vaporeon and thought I might want to try for a shiny cause why not, then I looked it up and it sort of looked puke-colored.

eevee is silver and vaporeon is purple :confused:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

oddium posted:

eevee is silver and vaporeon is purple :confused:
yes?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Nintendo missing the boat on a Blue Hearts reference. +1 if it were owned by a trainer named Linda

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Not all Shiny Pokemon are ugly, just a lot of them.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

which one is puke-colored here

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Sky-blue Sylveon is perfect.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Good Shiny Sprites

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Heliolisk is one of my favourite shinies.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When I was 12 I read a fanfic site that had Pikachu be a part dark type (before dark was introduced, gen 1) and I think the opening was like Ash taking a scyther's arm and cutting it off and impaling the scyther with it. Pretty sure Ash had a katana also. I remember the general consensus among like, 13 year olds was that pokemon needed to "Grow up" which is ironic because I'm almost 30 and most of the charm at this point is how it never did

idk ever since ruby/sapphire the team goals have basically been "destroy the world" and while yeah i was being hyperbolic saying it was dark and edgy i am kinda tired of it, i hope team skull is just a gang like a punk team rocket

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I wish I knew AS didn't have koffing, because I would really like to try chaining for a shiny koffing. The pink smoke is so cute!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

which one is puke-colored here

i think maybe that dude subsists on purple drank for all his dietary needs

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

I was referring to vaporeon, sorry.

When I was young I ate a whole bag of swedish fish and vomited all over the place and it looked the same color as shiny vaporeon, not a general sentiment since puke can be many color(ed).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

My favorite shinies are haxorus and mega gardevoir. My shiny victreebell is the Pokemon I hate the most even though it's an improvement over the weepinbell I caught it as.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my favorite shiny is the shiny Ho-Oh I caught on my first try in HeartGold many moons ago

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
this is definitely my favorite shiny:

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Sky-blue Sylveon is perfect.

Yes, which is why it was the first and only shiny I intentionally MMed. This was before bank, so I didn't have a shiny charm. It took about a month, and it was a long time before Hyper Voice was available to Sylveon, but it was worth it.

Since then I don't specifically try to breed shinies, but whenever I breed I try to MM it just in case, and occasionally I'll get one. Last night I hatched a shiny Riolu... with terrible stats, so I guess I'll save it for sun/moon. Now I need to come up with a nickname for it. Hmmmm.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i name all my riolu riley in honor of the dude in the cave from gen 4

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Can someone post that video of the kid playing three copies of FireRed at once looking for shinies? Always brings a smile to my face.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Scratch-O posted:

Can someone post that video of the kid playing three copies of FireRed at once looking for shinies? Always brings a smile to my face.

I FOUND IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoahiJMkO4A

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
My first shiny was a shiny Wurmple I caught in the bug catching contest in HG/SS. I still came in third :(

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
My two shinies were a rattata in Fire Red, and a Geodude in Pearl. I hated my luck.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Still haven't found any shinies myself, unfortunately. All I can do is live vicariously through this kid

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My friend traded me a Shiny Rhydon he got in Diamond, because he didn't care about shinies.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah shiny genesect looks cool and is also a superior option because nonshiny genesects can't have extreme speed.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I think most water Pokemon have good shinies because they tend to be pink, purple or teal.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
my favorite water pokemon are vaporeon, tentacruel, and starmie and their shiny sprites look like abominations unto nature

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Zoness posted:

Oh yeah shiny genesect looks cool and is also a superior option because nonshiny genesects can't have extreme speed.

I personally prefer EVA-01 to EVA-02, but that is a good reason to prefer the shiny form.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Senerio posted:

I personally prefer EVA-01 to EVA-02, but that is a good reason to prefer the shiny form.

Shiny Genesect is just Char's Custom Genesect, even down to the whole 3x as fast/Extremespeed.

What I'm saying is it's a reference to a good anime, not the bad anime you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
it would only be bad if genesect mega evolved into a form with four arms

anyway genesect is cool, i hope they do more distros of it, as it is my favorite random gen5 legendary that exists for seemingly no reason

also meloetta but she's not good for battling, I have spent nonzero effort on making meloetta work.