Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Wombats can get about this big:

And they've got teeth like this:

They're strong as hell, too. They're solid little balls of sinew and muscle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

lmao

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Orgghgh so good

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Don't those places have at least one time where they ask you to check your pockets?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wrestling bronze medal match. The Mongolian was ahead and spent the last few seconds avoiding the Uzbekistan wrestler. A penalty point was awarded at the very end which caused the Mongolian to lose.

Then his coaches lost their minds.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

don't act like you've never rage stripped

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zero One posted:

Wrestling bronze medal match. The Mongolian was ahead and spent the last few seconds avoiding the Uzbekistan wrestler. A penalty point was awarded at the very end which caused the Mongolian to lose.

Then his coaches lost their minds.

I like how the Mongolian wrestler actually goes up and gives a "Good game" hug to the Uzbek wrestler, like the best display of sportsmanship in this whole event, even while his coaches are rage stripping.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I love how he sees what his coaches are doing, shakes his head, then goes back to do the GG Hug.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah they are adorable and dopey but they get quite big and I'm told that they are extraordinarily strong. I've seen a few and they're very cool and seem really chill but also seem like they could be a serious problem if they got mad enough.

Never piss off an animal that gets so angry it shits rage cubes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Never piss off an animal that gets so angry it shits rage cubes.

That's not from anger, it's so the poop doesn't roll down hill.

A friend of mine once ran into a wombat in her Ford festiva hard enough to make the car undrivable - trashed the radiator, bent the cross member and it wouldn't go into gear. The wombat walked away, I imagine it was grumbling about stupid plastic cars the entire time.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A child walks into a bar....

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Solice Kirsk posted:

A child walks into a bar....

And then grows up to post on an internet forum.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-j9qxqGy-c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p1a7yxLNCA

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Calexio posted:

Fun Fact: The government's attitude towards imitation in this country is such that they set up the "Hostile Environment Working Group" with the express intention of creating as hostile an official attitude to immigration and visas as possible.

As a result of this, speaking from personal experience, the visa and border control .gov website is useless garbage and I would not be surprised that there was a lack of needed information on it for her. So, even as insufferable as she sounds, I'm more inclined to be sympathetic.

But seriously, has there ever been anyone who claims to be "a big deal" that doesn't sound like a complete knob?

There's a wizard. It tells you if you need a visa. It also tells you exactly what to bring.

quote:

a formal invitation from the UK-based organisation or authority you’ll be paid by

(emphasis mine)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

wayfinder posted:

They're ferocious ankle-biters

They also crush attackers underneath their gigantic arses.

No poo poo, they'll lead attackers into their burrows and then sit on them and asphyxiate them because that's a gigantic pile of muscle sitting on somethings head.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

It didn't as recently as April.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

This is the pinnacle of schadenfreude to me,

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

This is the pinnacle of schadenfreude to me,

Its amazing. Its a bad thing happening to someone incredibly stupid, and then once it reaches terminal velocity it starts falling apart and flinging the passengers out, and that by itself would make a great video. So you watch the aftermath to see how bad it went and then... it comes back!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Every time I see a YouTube video with a title/caption written in Cyrillic it always ends up being a bunch of guys doing the stupidest poo poo imaginable.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mak0rz posted:

Every time I see a YouTube video with a title/caption written in Cyrillic it always ends up being a bunch of guys doing the stupidest poo poo imaginable.

This, and also the song Sail by AWOL Nation. Any time I hear that, I'm preconditioned to expect someone to do something really dumb.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Memento posted:

This, and also the song Sail by AWOL Nation. Any time I hear that, I'm preconditioned to expect someone to do something really dumb.

That song lets you know perfectly when poo poo is about to go down, too. It's great!

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

This happened to a friend of mine and I have learned from his mistake because it's very easy to do.

My rule is that a folding chair gets placed right inside the garage door BEFORE the bike even goes up on the roof.
It's saved me more than once.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm impressed with the strength of that bike frame. Stronger than the car, at least.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'm impressed with the strength of that bike frame. Stronger than the car, at least.

You post made me think "The only way the entire scene could be better is if it was some hilariously expensive carbon fiber bicycle."

Well, uh...

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-look-695-aerolight-14-48605/

"Note: the build we tested retails for £8499. It's also available with Dura-Ace mechanical for £6999."

The picture in the review is even the same paint scheme. The dude just trashed his garage door, his car, and his $11000 bicycle.

This is the best thing I've ever seen eat the rich

grumplestiltzkin has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Aug 22, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jesus christ. "Creates 3% less drag than our other model"

Like the amount of drag the bike creates is even within the same time zone as the amount created by the big unstreamlined primate sitting on it

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was gonna ask what the schadenfreude was in a picture of a disabled man but then i realized they were at one of those trampoline warehouse things and he was not in that chair when they first arrived

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I've never heard of a trampoline warehouse what the hell Mom I thought we were going to lazer tag

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

grumplestiltzkin posted:

You post made me think "The only way the entire scene could be better is if it was some hilariously expensive carbon fiber bicycle."

Well, uh...

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-look-695-aerolight-14-48605/

"Note: the build we tested retails for £8499. It's also available with Dura-Ace mechanical for £6999."

The picture in the review is even the same paint scheme. The dude just trashed his garage door, his car, and his $11000 bicycle.

Jesus. I could wreck my current car, buy another at the same Blue Book value, and do that again four more times and still spend less than I would buying that drat bike.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I did a reverse image search which led me to this Reddit thread from 2 years ago

quote:

I didn't stop screaming until the morphine.. I was yelling pounding the floor and wanted to swear but I kept looking up and seeing little kids surrounding me so I tried my best to hold back the swearing. It took morphine to give me the ability to talk to the paramedic.. I was in so much pain I gave my girlfriend the wrong phone number for my step mom over and over again. The morphine really saved the day

quote:

Just incase anyone was wondering I dislocated my ankle so far that the tendons ripped apart my bone. My surgeon said there has only been 14 cases of this exact injury I just described. The last one was in 2003 lol. The surgeons had to dust bone out of my leg it was so shattered

quote:

They started an IV that they consistently gave me more and more until they reached their max they were allowed which if I remember was 13 units when he told me.

Edit: the best part

quote:

And I only got to use 15 minutes of my hour session damnit

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Aug 23, 2016

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Nearly did that last time I went to House of Air. The little purple and orange mats on top of the supports between the trampolines is actually very thin and it's pretty easy to miss the trampoline and hit the edges. Busted up my knees pretty good landing on one after I over jumped it a little.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I've never heard of a trampoline warehouse what the hell Mom I thought we were going to lazer tag

They became popular what, about 10 years ago? Rebounderz is a chain around Orlando. The floors and walls are all lined with trampolines so you can bounce around and do crazy tricks. As you can see, there tends to be a fairly high accident rate. They've recently started handing out helmets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOhwA9x6fk

JD
Jan 11, 2003

He doesn't drop the cigarette

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Well, uh...

Nah, it looks like only the back wheel of the bike got hosed up. On a bike that expensive I imagine getting an equivalent wheel/tire replacement is going to be pricey, but it's not going to be $11000 pricey.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FlyinPingu posted:

Nah, it looks like only the back wheel of the bike got hosed up. On a bike that expensive I imagine getting an equivalent wheel/tire replacement is going to be pricey, but it's not going to be $11000 pricey.

It is a carbon fibre bike. It had an impact on it. It is hosed.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Good way to gently caress up your rack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless