Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

gfsincere posted:

Explain African immigrants pretty much crushing it compared to immigrants from anywhere else or the native population in terms of financial success and stability.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Your statement was about the "innately superior" sports ability of fleet footed African Americans.

Pakled posted:

Modern African immigrants to the US are overwhelmingly rich and/or highly educated to begin with because the vast majority of people in sub-Saharan Africa are too poor to immigrate to the US.

Also this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Speaking of US race politics, White Lives Matter folks hold a protest by carrying guns and waving confederate flags in front the Houston NAACP office. Police shoot none of them.

http://www.chron.com/houston/article/White-Lives-Matter-group-protests-outside-NAACP-9176142.php

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

a foolish pianist posted:

Speaking of US race politics, White Lives Matter folks hold a protest by carrying guns and waving confederate flags in front the Houston NAACP office. Police shoot none of them.

http://www.chron.com/houston/article/White-Lives-Matter-group-protests-outside-NAACP-9176142.php

I'd say that'd be the best time ever for a car backfire, but the police would still wind up shooting the Office instead.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Talmonis posted:

Your statement was about the "innately superior" sports ability of fleet footed African Americans.

Also this.

Literally American sports and the Olympics shows it to be the case. When you breed a people for physical strength and attributes and make them more valuable (by the way hasn't stopped, because black people are only valued by white people by our ability to entertain them), surprise, they might be more physically capable on average, even with living in food deserts and suboptimal everything across the board.

Also, lets tally up why Africa is still poor. Could it be even more meddling from white people in efforts to strip them of all of their natural resources? White people have been plundering Africa for centuries.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

gfsincere posted:

This sounds like some poo poo a person from the suburbs who has never been around immigrants from Africa would say, because it's absolutely not true at all.

I live in Houston and Nigerians are the most well-educated demographic in the city.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

gfsincere posted:

Literally American sports and the Olympics shows it to be the case. When you breed a people for physical strength and attributes and make them more valuable (by the way hasn't stopped, because black people are only valued by white people by our ability to entertain them), surprise, they might be more physically capable on average, even with living in food deserts and suboptimal everything across the board.

Also, lets tally up why Africa is still poor. Could it be even more meddling from white people in efforts to strip them of all of their natural resources? White people have been plundering Africa for centuries.

I know imperialism and racism have been making the lives of African people and their diaspora a living hell for centuries, but I'm not sure how the physical abilities of slave-descended African-Americans relate to more recent African immigrants' financial and professional success.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

disjoe posted:

I live in Houston and Nigerians are the most well-educated demographic in the city.

And LOL if you think they are all rich. Every successful Nigerian I know came from a family that got here poor as gently caress. Nigerians are the black version of Chinese in the sense of parenting and whatnot, and they proudly admit that.

And I'm betting dollars to donuts I know far more Nigerians than you.

Also, black people were in that situation before, then were utterly crushed by jealous white people post reconstruction. Look up the Tulsa Race Riots, Red Summer, and Seneca Village.

negromancer fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 22, 2016

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

gfsincere posted:

Yeah, it's amazing how black people can succeed when they don't have to deal with centuries of white people being truly fuckin awful. It's almost as if white people are pretty much wholly responsible for pretty much any black struggle in America.

Uhhh yeah you might need to take a step back and realize what you're saying

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Pakled posted:

I know imperialism and racism have been making the lives of African people and their diaspora a living hell for centuries, but I'm not sure how the physical abilities of slave-descended African-Americans relate to more recent African immigrants' financial and professional success.

That when the door of opportunity doesn't have white people standing in the fuckin way, we dominate the gently caress out of poo poo.

Case closed.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

Uhhh yeah you might need to take a step back and realize what you're saying

That white people have been historically awful as gently caress in every aspect of society towards black people?

Not sure what's even remotely controversial about that.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

How about you stop beating around the bush and just loving say you think black people are a genetically superior race.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Epic High Five posted:

Show up with a camera and keep it trained on them. Make sure to get all identifying information - license plates, iron cross tattoos, locations of 88's on body, confederate flag apparel, etc

Yeah, I'm seriously considering doing this at one of our Certain Places polling stations (after checking on the law about how close to a polling station you can be with recording devices etc), in case some rednecks are worried about Hillary's People stealing the election in Bryan/College Station, Texas. :geno:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

gfsincere posted:

And LOL if you think they are all rich. Every successful Nigerian I know came from a family that got here poor as gently caress. Nigerians are the black version of Chinese in the sense of parenting and whatnot, and they proudly admit that.

And I'm betting dollars to donuts I know far more Nigerians than you.

All the Nigerian immigrants I know have rich parents, but I only know a few. Even so, I don't see what they would prove except that black people with resources can succeed.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I'll also put in a good word for Radio Free GOP. Guy does good interviews with interesting guests, and it's useful for getting a perspective on the mechanics of campaigning and how the other side is thinking. I don't think his analysis is always on point (arguing that Hillary erred by not using her convention speech to try to woo disaffected Republicans was, well, asinine), and I definitely don't agree with where he's coming from. But still, useful.

Also, it's fun to listen to Republican strategy types bitch about how hosed the party is.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I found it very tedious.

Yeah, I think they've gotten better about it, but it still gets real rough at times.

Also, their episode on Suicide Squad was decidedly good and I'm excited for Frost/Christman once they get the audio fixed.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

gfsincere posted:

That white people have been historically awful as gently caress in every aspect of society towards black people?

This whole black eugenics thing is really weird and I'm pretty sure a lot of what you're saying is also used by white supremacists to argue why blacks are more violent and aggressive than whites

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

gfsincere posted:

No one in here's questioning that, it's just that you seem to believe in black supremacy.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Let me take some time and talk about how the Aryans are the superior white man due to thousands of years of harsh Scandanavian winters and the brutal physical strength needed to swinging axes and rowing longboats up various fjords and rivers

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

This whole black eugenics thing is really weird and I'm pretty sure a lot of what you're saying is also used by white supremacists to argue why blacks are more violent and aggressive than whites

Which is fuckin silly on both a modern and historical perspective. We didn't burn down or demolish entire towns. We didn't lynch white people and then put the lynchings on goddamn post cards to send to our families. We didn't engage in the most brutal slavery on the face of the earth and we drat sure didn't use germ warfare on Native Americans.

E: also, why the gently caress would slave owners breed their slaves to be violent and aggressive? That would be like a McDonald's owner training their cooks to spit in everyone's burger.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

gfsincere posted:

Also, lets tally up why Africa is still poor.
Could it be even more meddling from white people in efforts to strip them of all of their natural resources? White people have been plundering Africa for centuries.

:biotruths: it is then. Also, how are white people valued by black people? At least in regards to how black folks are supposedly only valued by their ability to entertain specifically white people. Personally, I only "value" people if I get to know them or they're some sort of media personality, much like the rest of humanity. (By Value, I assume you mean think about individually in a postive manner).

Corruption, greed, residual effects from two centuries of brutal European colonialism (aided and abetted by local interests of course, but what's a tragedy without a little betrayal?), Religious extremism, Chinese expansionism, DeBeers, Afrikaners and famine. In roughly that order.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Pakled posted:

No one in here's questioning that, it's just that you seem to believe in black supremacy.

I'm an Afro-Pessimist.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

But that's like a thing that actually loving happened to us?

Like Black people literally had loving centuries of being cattle picked for our health and strength while the ones who couldn't handle the work died off.

It has nothing to do with being aggressive or violent though so I'm not seeing your point.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

gfsincere posted:

Which is fuckin silly on both a modern and historical perspective. We didn't burn down or demolish entire towns. We didn't lynch white people and then put the lynchings on goddamn post cards to send to our families. We didn't engage in the most brutal slavery on the face of the earth and we drat sure didn't use germ warfare on Native Americans.

E: also, why the gently caress would slave owners breed their slaves to be violent and aggressive? That would be like a McDonald's owner training their cooks to spit in everyone's burger.

If we're going full :biotruths: I'm sure there's some people on 4chan that have some literature about skull measurements

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Chimera-gui posted:

My dumbass mother thinks that fast food jobs aren't worth $15 dollars. I want to go like "Hey even if that were true, guess what? It's not like thet could find better jobs, the corporate funded Republicans killed already most of those through garbage policies."

Ask her if she was ok with what the minimum wage was when she was young, then plug it into an inflation calculator.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Is there evidence that one can "breed in" none physical traits in people? Because I thought that it was mainly a nutured thingamajig?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

gfsincere posted:

I'm an Afro-Pessimist.

Do you think that what white people did to black people over the centuries stems from a people problem, e.g. every race is capable of genocide, or a white people problem, e.g. black people are incapable of committing atrocities on the scale of white people?

Curious.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Talmonis posted:

:biotruths: it is then. Also, how are white people valued by black people? At least in regards to how black folks are supposedly only valued by their ability to entertain specifically white people. Personally, I only "value" people if I get to know them or they're some sort of media personality, much like the rest of humanity. (By Value, I assume you mean think about individually in a postive manner).

Corruption, greed, residual effects from two centuries of brutal European colonialism (aided and abetted by local interests of course, but what's a tragedy without a little betrayal?), Religious extremism, Chinese expansionism, DeBeers, Afrikaners and famine. In roughly that order.

You know, Donald Sterling wasn't an outlier. He was the continuation of white Americas views on black people and black bodies. They only have worth when they provide something for white people, else they can be lynched, murdered, etc. Hell, policing was borne out of slave patrols. This entire country is built on the backs of black people and subjugation and exploitation of black people is woven in to the very fabric of its existence. So for all the rah rah patriotism, all I hear is how great white people were at fuckin over others.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

disjoe posted:

Do you think that what white people did to black people over the centuries stems from a people problem, e.g. every race is capable of genocide, or a white people problem, e.g. black people are incapable of committing atrocities on the scale of white people?

Curious.

White identity problem.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

If we're going full :biotruths: I'm sure there's some people on 4chan that have some literature about skull measurements

Eugenics was evil and stupid but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

disjoe posted:

Curious.

It's a cultural problem, central to it the concept of "whiteness" that white people absolutely do not want to let go of, and until that happens poo poo will always be like this.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

gfsincere posted:

You know, Donald Sterling wasn't an outlier. He was the continuation of white Americas views on black people and black bodies. They only have worth when they provide something for white people, else they can be lynched, murdered, etc. Hell, policing was borne out of slave patrols. This entire country is built on the backs of black people and subjugation and exploitation of black people is woven in to the very fabric of its existence. So for all the rah rah patriotism, all I hear is how great white people were at fuckin over others.

Might I suggest therapy?

Edit: Not entirely being flippant here. You seem to have some serious deep seated hatred issues.

Talmonis fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 22, 2016

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Josef bugman posted:

Is there evidence that one can "breed in" none physical traits in people? Because I thought that it was mainly a nutured thingamajig?

the short answer is no

the longer answer is that hypothetically you could kill/sterilized everyone who doesn't have the traits you want and tell the survivors to gently caress and hopefully you get lucky and the trait's genetic in nature.

for obvious reasons using this technique to find out whether a trait's genetic is Frowned Upon.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

But that's like a thing that actually loving happened to us?

Like Black people literally had loving centuries of being cattle picked for our health and strength while the ones who couldn't handle the work died off.

OK, but I'm not sure what that has to do with modern African immigrants excelling in intellectual and athetic fields.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
This :biotruths: tangent is reminiscent of some of the original justifications for slavery and reveals attitudes that sound empowering but are actually terrible. This is the reason black people in pain don't receive the same level of treatment other Americans might, as an example.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Talmonis posted:

Might I suggest therapy?

Yes, I'm the one with the problem. Not white people in America. Nope. I'm just making up poo poo that didn't happen and my anger isn't justified at all.

gently caress you.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

Eugenics was evil and stupid but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Incorrect, amusingly enough. You really ought to look more into the stupid half of the equation.

You see, the key problem with eugenics is figuring out what is genetic and what isn't, and by the most SHOCKING of coincidences the advocates of eugenics are always super-confident that the traits they possess 1. must be genetic 2. must be the ones carried on into the future.

Attempts to breed drinking out of the Irish were singularly unsuccessful for some reason.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
You mean all these Nigerian Uber drivers are rich? I'm going to start drinking the bottled water they set out, I was underestimating their profit margin apparently.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gfsincere posted:

Yes, I'm the one with the problem. Not white people in America. Nope. I'm just making up poo poo that didn't happen and my anger isn't justified at all.

gently caress you.

Your anger is justified. Literally repeating white supremacist arguments with white crossed out and replaced with black is not.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

disjoe posted:

Curious.

Every race is capable of doing bad poo poo.

But in reality it's mostly disingenuous as poo poo to bring that up, as Black/Brown people who do bad poo poo like African warlords and whoever get properly poo poo on by "society" as a whole.

It's that white people tend to shockingly get a pass on whatever bad poo poo they do or allow to occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The "breeding slaves to create better, stronger people" didn't happen.

Pretty much all the athletic differences between races is more dependent on social factors than any kind of racial superiority. People used to think that black people were poor swimmers because they had denser bones or something; it was because they had much less access to swimming facilities due to racism and economics.

• Locked thread