Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Elfgames posted:

So do the gokaigers get some new ultimate powers?

I'll put money down on seeing every set of keys from Go-Busters forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait to hear the Mobirates say them!

GOOOOOOOO-BUSTERS!

KYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORYUGER!

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOQGER!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIININGER!

ZYUUUUUUUUUUUUUOHGER!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait to hear the Mobirates say them!

GOOOOOOOO-BUSTERS!

KYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORYUGER!

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOQGER!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIININGER!

ZYUUUUUUUUUUUUUOHGER!

AKIIIIIIIIIIBARANGER!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dexie posted:

AKIIIIIIIIIIBARANGER!

I'd love to see a nod to Akibaranger in an offical Sentai series (it is still a Toei production after all) but I doubt it'll ever happen (though they did make Ranger Keys for them).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 22, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Larryb posted:

I'm kind of surprised Bandai stopped making Ranger Keys to be honest as, due to their nature of essentially being small collectable figurines of each hero, they could theoretically keep making new sets every year for as long as Sentai remained on the air and people would probably keep buying them.

???

But they have been continuing with keys.

I have Go-Busters, Kyoryuger, and ToQger keys on my shelf, the Ninninger set is confirmed to be happening in the future...they even released a wacky "Lost" key set with things like Gosei Green, X1 Mask, and the Other GoBusters team.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

???

I have Go-Busters, Kyoryuger, and ToQger keys on my shelf, the Ninninger set is confirmed to be happening in the future...they even released a wacky "Lost" key set with things like Gosei Green, X1 Mask, and the Other GoBusters team.

Ah, for some reason I thought they stopped after the Akibaranger ones. Nevermind then, but still though they really struck gold with that concept and I wouldn't be surprised if they continued making key sets for as long as Sentai continues running.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 22, 2016

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

jivjov posted:

???

Hell, they also did a 2nd Metal Hero set full of ones that they've also never used onscreen that weren't in SHT Z. Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't started doing Riders (other than the OOO set) for the same reason.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onari's fear of being useless to the team is genuinely sad, but also hilarious because he compares himself with Akari, whose efforts the series has constantly undermined to the point of making her useless. Every time she gets to do something, it goes nowhere - even in this episode: the Akari-focused Demia plotline is solved by Takeru, with Akari failing to actually accomplish anything.

Still better than Alia "transforms into a recolour -> gets immediately beaten".

Also Frey and Freyja, I guess the Kamen Rider souls specials are canon. Which begs the question of why those Eyecons were never used anymore, but then again, Drive has a form even stronger than his final which he gets in Surprise Future then never uses again without explanation, even though Surprise Future is definitely canon. I'd say Kamen Rider is weird like that, but with Sentai's constantly canon movies yet rarely-remembered mecha from them...it's the entirety of Super Hero Time that's weird.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Aww, super disappointed about that leaked return of the Gokaigers. Just gently caress off already, the constant return of old stuff is making sentai worse. The only good thats come from any of it is the returns movies. Also sad that we are getting a VS SS this year instead of NNger.

Anyways, the one complaint I have with Ghost is that they could have easily ended the show at thirty episodes if they just had him defeat the Ganma and get resurrected in the first 90 days (with Kanon getting to live too through the power of pfffffffffft.) I mean, I don't outright hate this second part of the show but the Ganmeisers are such boring, generic, forgettable enemies. I appreciate that they aren't doing MOTW but the suits are ugly, boring and lack personality.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

It wasn't leaked (it got a press release announcement and everything) and it's not even a VS Super Sentai. They're doing two crossover episodes on Zyuohger next month.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Also you're dumb if you don't want to see Captain Marvelous/The Gokaiger crew again. Just plain ol' stupid.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Please do not hate on the coolest pirate crew in sentai. Captain Marvelous and pals are a legit Cool Crew and Gokaiger is real good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Also why the hell would you want more Ninninger? Super Sentai would be a far happier series if we could just forget Ninninger ever happened.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaze Dragon posted:

Onari's fear of being useless to the team is genuinely sad, but also hilarious because he compares himself with Akari, whose efforts the series has constantly undermined to the point of making her useless. Every time she gets to do something, it goes nowhere - even in this episode: the Akari-focused Demia plotline is solved by Takeru, with Akari failing to actually accomplish anything.

Still better than Alia "transforms into a recolour -> gets immediately beaten".

Also Frey and Freyja, I guess the Kamen Rider souls specials are canon. Which begs the question of why those Eyecons were never used anymore, but then again, Drive has a form even stronger than his final which he gets in Surprise Future then never uses again without explanation, even though Surprise Future is definitely canon. I'd say Kamen Rider is weird like that, but with Sentai's constantly canon movies yet rarely-remembered mecha from them...it's the entirety of Super Hero Time that's weird.

That kinda is an issue with a lot of Japanese media, these sorts of issues usually have a good Doylist explanation(often budget ones when it comes to Toku), but they rarely ever even attempt to give a Watsonian explanation(and often when they do it's completely nonsensical to the point of destroying one's sense of disbelief)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also why the hell would you want more Ninninger? Super Sentai would be a far happier series if we could just forget Ninninger ever happened.

Yeah, this is the first time I'd actually perfer they do a VS Super Sentai rather than a full-fledged teamup (though to give Ninninger some credit I didn't think the Returns special was that bad and Kasumi is one of my favorite Pinks), but then again the VS Super Sentai thing I linked earlier is just a DVD special, they still might do a full VS movie later on.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 22, 2016

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't care how lovely a series is, they only get to come back once and it shouldn't be with other, un-related, teams stealing the show.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

I don't care how lovely a series is, they only get to come back once and it shouldn't be with other, un-related, teams stealing the show.

There is some precedence to it though, Magiranger only got two members back in the Boukenger movie and Timeranger didn't get any sort of comeback at all until Gokaiger. Not saying that's a good thing mind you, just that this kind of thing has happened before.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cliff Racer posted:

Aww, super disappointed about that leaked return of the Gokaigers. Just gently caress off already, the constant return of old stuff is making sentai worse. The only good thats come from any of it is the returns movies. Also sad that we are getting a VS SS this year instead of NNger.
Cliff Racer continues to reinforce his reputation as a sensible poster with good opinions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Cliff Racer posted:

I hope Decade and Gokaiger come back forever, in spite of you. Gokaiger was undisputedly one of the best series of Sentai and their gimmick allows them to constantly return and it still make sense.

The idea behind Gokaiger was to sell tiny little keys and half a decade later they're still selling those keys why wouldn't they keep that money train rolling

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Zyuoh is technically an anniversary series, so having the previous anniversary series come back makes sense.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm getting fired up :geno:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
One of these days, we will all collectively agree to just ignore Cliff Racer.

Today is not that day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Gokaigers' cameo is actually a preview for the next series, Kaizoku Sentai Super Gokaiger.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

The Gokaigers' cameo is actually a preview for the next series, Kaizoku Sentai Super Gokaiger.

Gotta get those Kamen Rider Great Powers. Then in Mega Gokaiger they're hunting for Garo keys.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ultra Gokaiger is an unprecedented crossover with the search for the Ultra keys.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I would watch 5 seasons of gokaiger

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Raserys posted:

You bet your goddamn rear end you would.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Ultra Gokaiger is an unprecedented crossover with the search for the Ultra keys.

I would love to see that.

Though Zero would show up and out smarm Marvelous, styling all over his profile

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Raserys posted:

Yes yes a thousand times yes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Raserys posted:

Yeah that sounds good to me.

Someone send a letter to Toei so they can get on that.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Raserys posted:

I'd be happy with a Don Dogoier and Tendou Souji cooking show honestly.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Larryb posted:

There is some precedence to it though, Magiranger only got two members back in the Boukenger movie and Timeranger didn't get any sort of comeback at all until Gokaiger. Not saying that's a good thing mind you, just that this kind of thing has happened before.

I'm aware of the Timeranger precedent (as well as Goseiger and Gobusters getting sidelined in their "VS" films.) I assume the Magiranger thing was due to contract issues? I can't really argue with that if the members were unwilling to come back or couldn't come to some sort of agreement on fees. But I think thats a negative precedent and its bad that those teams got screwed over too, even if they did all have poor ratings. Most of these groups only get to come back once and that almost certainly holds true of having them come back as a complete team with in depth references to their show. For 35 years the creative teams got to come up with something new every season and its a big part of what allowed the franchise to become as diverse and well loved as it has been.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
On the other hand Gokaiger owns

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Gokaiger was a great series, but there've been lots of great series, including the one currently airing. Furthermore, regardless of the quality of their series, most of their films sucked and lacked a lot of what made the tv show so good.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New rule if you say you don't want more Gokaiger I will call the police and have you arrested

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Most sentai movies either suck or are immediately forgettable,

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Zyuogher is good. I will agree with that

It's neat to finally figure out what Bunglay is looking for it's Zyuoh Whale, judging from what he was doing at the start of this episode, and his reputation as a 'giant beast hunter' and all the villains are both intimidating and competent.

Hell I get more of a sense of loyalty out of Azald and Nalia to Genis then I ever did out of any of Ninninger's villains towards Kibaoni, and Kubar is way better at being a sneaky trickster then Kyuemon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Heroic Legend of Alain is so good, but at the same time, it makes it painfully clear just how much Ghost suffers from a terrible lead. Alain is a great character, and his shorts shine by focusing on his characterization and development, Ghost is a weak series with a one-note lead that does nothing but constantly say irritating catchphrases.

I want to live in the world where we got Kamen Rider Necrom instead.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I want to live in the world where we got Kamen Rider Necrom instead.

I'm down with a universe where secondary Riders are the spotlight-main characters. What's the only real loss we'd suffer, Fourze?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
W, imo

• Locked thread