Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/767519368183844864

#ImWithASJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wrl
Sep 17, 2004
omg<3kittens
Question about a keeper league.

Someone drops a player prior to week 16 2015 and the player gets picked up off of waivers Wednesday after the finals. If rules regarding off season pickups were not firmly established, is this a valid pickup for keeping or not?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What's the estimated return of Eifert?

My keeper nominations are due today and wondering if it's worth using a 12th round pick in a 10 Team Standard league on him. I can put him on the IR slot so he won't be taking a roster spot.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

xcore posted:

My keeper nominations are due today and wondering if it's worth using a 12th round pick in a 10 Team Standard league on him. I can put him on the IR slot so he won't be taking a roster spot.

Currently i think it's around week 4?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

xcore posted:

If you're not burning another, better keeper on him and you aren't burning a roster spot, I mean, why not?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

If you're not burning another, better keeper on him and you aren't burning a roster spot, I mean, why not?

I'm not burning a better option, but I still wasn't sure of the value considering he isn't even listed as a top 10 TE on some sites and I'm only in a 10 person league. Like, I drafted him in the 13th Round last year and he was actually fit then (from memory).

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
My main league drafted tonight and I ended up with Dez, Brandon Marshall, Keenan Allen, and Jordan Reed, all of which I'm pretty happy with. Unfortunately my TV's are Deangello, Ivory, and Forsett.

Could be worse I guess, and I have plenty of tradable players if I need to bolster my rb depth as the season goes on.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We need one more person to join a goon league here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787343

$15 league

quote:

This will be a standard yahoo rules league except with .5 PPR & 6 points per TD for QB.

Roster: QB WR WR RB RB TE W/R/TE K DST BN BN BN BN BN BN

The draft order is randomly selected by Yahoo 30 mins before the draft starts.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

wrl posted:

Question about a keeper league.

Someone drops a player prior to week 16 2015 and the player gets picked up off of waivers Wednesday after the finals. If rules regarding off season pickups were not firmly established, is this a valid pickup for keeping or not?

If there's no rule against it, then of course it's valid. That's what rules are for.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Wanted to throw in one more plug for a brand new Goon Dynasty league (Spreadsheet Wars!) drafting this Wednesday that still needs a few owners to join.

Whether you're a dynasty veteran or new to the format, I highly recommend you check out this league and consider joining. In addition to an auction startup draft, there are a number of interesting tweaks to the league to try and equalize scoring across all positions. With auction, you can build a team with the players/positions you want, and not be stuck with a randomly generated draft position.

Come say hi in the league thread, and join us!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785728

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I need to do a final check on keepers now that the season is almost here. I tanked last season and hoarded all the keeper options in the latter half of the year, so here I am.

My options plus the draft round I would retain them in. Keep two
David Johnson (14)
Thomas Rawls (13)
Marvin Jones (13)
Jordy Nelson (13)
Donte Moncrief (13)

I actually have a few other options but I don't think they're worth considering after these. Johnson is a given, after that I'm not so sure.

I have the 7th pick in the draft. If I keep Rawls then I will basically adopt a 0RB strategy and target AJ Green, Gronk, and TY Hilton or as close as I can come with my first 3 picks. If I keep Jordy then I'd try to swoop Lamar Miller or LVB up front instead of Gronk. Any thoughts?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
DJ and Jordy in my humble opinion.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Agreeing with MacheteZombie, DJ and Jordy are your best bets.

I think if you have the option to take AJ Green at 7, you should do it. He has a been a model of WR1 consistency and his targets are bound to go up even more with Marvin Jones and Sanu leaving. In my opinion, he is the safest pick after the top 3 receivers. Is this PPR?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The "I Paid What for Who?" dynasty fantasy football league needs two replacement owners.

This is a very well organized money league. Annual dues are currently $28: $25 goes into a prize pool (see Rule 2.1), and the other $3 pays for our MFL league costs (which will probably double next year, since this year I got a promotional deal.)

League thread. All of the 12 owners are goons.
Our league rules. We're currently voting on changing a few small items. We just moved from ESPN to MFL, and as a result, the league can now support taxi squads, so we're figuring out the rules for that.
Here is a spreadsheet which shows how organized we are. The rosters on that sheet aren't up to date, though, because owners have been allowed to drop players for a couple of weeks now.

Here is the league page on MFL

We plan to do our rookie/free agent draft on Saturday, Sept. 3rd at 6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern. The rookie/free agent draft will start out with two rounds in an order determined by the reverse of last years' final standings after the championship and consolation playoffs. After that, it will revert to a snake draft for any remaining rounds. Rookie salaries are determined by how early they go in the draft, according to a set progression (see the rules). I expect the draft round to be relatively quick, since most teams will be keeping most of their players.

We have two teams available, abandoned by goons Gyshall and kazak_Hstan: Former Kicker Ray Finkle and Percy Riot. Finkle took 2nd place last year and will thus be in the 11th spot for rookie/free agent draft first two rounds; Percy Riot finished 5th, by winning the consolation tournament (which carries a $20 consolation prize), so that team will be drafting 8th.

Please drop into the thread if you have any questions. Your dues will be, uh, due, a week before the draft, although obviously I'll be flexible if we haven't filled the team slots by then.

This is a really fun dynasty league that started up last year. I hope we can get a couple of fun goons involved.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I think if you have the option to take AJ Green at 7, you should do it. He has a been a model of WR1 consistency and his targets are bound to go up even more with Marvin Jones and Sanu leaving. In my opinion, he is the safest pick after the top 3 receivers. Is this PPR?

I agree with this take on Green as well.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Should I trade picks 1.11 (11 overall), 2.02 (14 overall) and 4.02 (38 overall) to get pick 1.01 (1 overall), 3.01 (25 overall) and 5.01 (49 overall)?

How do you guys evaluate draft pick trades? I basically just use the FBG calculator and some very vague mental calculations, but I think I'm pretty bad at it.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Should I trade picks 1.11 (11 overall), 2.02 (14 overall) and 4.02 (38 overall) to get pick 1.01 (1 overall), 3.01 (25 overall) and 5.01 (49 overall)?

How do you guys evaluate draft pick trades? I basically just use the FBG calculator and some very vague mental calculations, but I think I'm pretty bad at it.

Dynasty or Redraft? Rookie or Startup drafts?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Redraft. Also, I should mention 1 PPR. I have been very high on the zero RB strategy this year and would take AB84 at number 1.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I love AB, but I'd much rather ensure that I get two WR1s in the first two rounds with your 1.11 and 2.02 - you might get lucky and have someone slip to the early third, but I wouldn't count on it.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

DJ and Jordy in my humble opinion.

MrSargent posted:

Thanks. I was leaning Rawls at the end of last season but the closer we get to this one the more it seems like Nelson is the way to go.

It is .5 PPR. I worry that Green won't fall to me because Gurley, Hopkins, and DJ will be off the board already due to keepers. Dez, Miller, Gronk, or LVB are more likely to be available so I'll settle for one of them unless a top WR is still there.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

Redraft. Also, I should mention 1 PPR. I have been very high on the zero RB strategy this year and would take AB84 at number 1.

Doesn't seem worth it. Picks 11 and 14 should both be high end WRs, or a high end WR and someone like Jamaal Charles, while 25 will be a significant drop.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
I'm thinking of keeping Gronk for $57 in a league where I know that's around what he'll be drafted for*. I'm not opposed to doing that but (with OBJ kept @ $12 and LeVeon kept @ $33) I'm curious to figure out if I'd be better off spending that money on a couple excellent WRs instead (or one great wr and one good rb, or one great wr, one average wr and one decent qb, etc)

In other words, does Gronk @ $57 get me more weekly points than GENERIC_TE @ $5, GENERIC_WR2 @ $42 and GENERIC_WR3 @ $34? Are there stats which exist which would let me compare the expected value of players at certain price points to one another? Is this an area where VBD is useful? I thought that was for directly comparing two players, not necessarily adding up the value of them, am I wrong in that assumption?

(* I'm using this to give me an idea of how keeper costs will inflate the cost of other players and the keeper cost for Gronk just happens to match the inflated estimate he'll go for in the draft according to that value generator.)

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Cervixalot posted:

Wanted to throw in one more plug for a brand new Goon Dynasty league (Spreadsheet Wars!) drafting this Wednesday that still needs a few owners to join.

Whether you're a dynasty veteran or new to the format, I highly recommend you check out this league and consider joining. In addition to an auction startup draft, there are a number of interesting tweaks to the league to try and equalize scoring across all positions. With auction, you can build a team with the players/positions you want, and not be stuck with a randomly generated draft position.

Come say hi in the league thread, and join us!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785728

Only 4 spots left, draft is on Wednesday.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Papes posted:

Only 4 spots left, draft is on Wednesday.

Seriously considering this, only thing holding me back is lack of dynasty knowledge and it's hard to commit when you don't know poo poo.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I know target share and all. But I just don't see how Green is preferred over Hopkins.

Hopkins was UNSTOPPABLE last year with like what...4 different garbage QBs? The majority of AJ Green's production comes from like 3-4 games a season and stinkers the rest. Now, Green is definitely the best receiver on the board....after Hopkins....and Brandon Marshall.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Seriously considering this, only thing holding me back is lack of dynasty knowledge and it's hard to commit when you don't know poo poo.

None of us know anything just pull the trigger and let chaos reign

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

If you're looking for another league, consider the Goon IDP League. All IDP, all the time.

It's a full roster of nothing but defensive players. All points are earned through tackles, sacks, INTs, etc. It's great if you want a league that gives one more set of spreadsheets to obsess over but don't want to face the fantasy paradox of rooting against players that you hold in other leagues.

There are currently at least 2 open spots but if returning players don't call dibs then there could be more.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
So I have David Johnson and Cam as my keepers. Our commish announced th epicks today and I'm sitting 7th.

1PPR, Hopkins, Beckham are keepers.

Who would I realistically be looking at?

I'm honestly leaning towards L. Miller if AJ Green is gone.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm honestly leaning towards L. Miller if AJ Green is gone.

What other top players would be available around then?

I agree with L Miller if Green is gone.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

What other top players would be available around then?

I agree with L Miller if Green is gone.

Maybe Gurley?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

MrSargent posted:

Do it. The starters and scoring are so strange I don't think any of us knows how the gently caress to value players. There's like a billion plausible ways to build a team.

Run a 5 tight-end "Reedkowski" team at a "TE-premium" 1.5 ppr!
Start 7 running backs with 0.2 points per carry and make that exotic smashmouth happen!
Blow your load on "Cam/Rodgers" 2-QB juggernaut and spend what little money you have left on the entire wide receiver depth chart of the Cleveland Browns! (All eight of them)
Start every slot receiver of two entire divisions at the same time, at 1ppr!

Also: no kickers and no defenses is a good thing for a dynasty league.

edit: Just gently caress around during the draft and see how high we can make Metapod go in order to land Tajae Sharpe!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Maybe Gurley?

I guess a better phrasing would be what top names didn't get kept. Just to know what you're selection pool would be like... but if you've narrowed it down to the two you think will be in that spot it's kind of a moot point.

FPros says to take Gurley if available, fwiw.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

I guess a better phrasing would be what top names didn't get kept. Just to know what you're selection pool would be like... but if you've narrowed it down to the two you think will be in that spot it's kind of a moot point.

FPros says to take Gurley if available, fwiw.

Only first rounders being kept are Hopkins, OBJ, and D. Johnson (me).

I'm assuming the big 3 WRs will be gone by the time it swings to me. Green probably too.

I hate drafting in the middle.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There a good place/post/video to get a friend who joined our work league in on fantasy football? She's trying to understand it all, but I don't see her too often to sit down with her.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

edit: Just gently caress around during the draft and see how high we can make Metapod go in order to land Tajae Sharpe!

You'd be surprised how low the number will be

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think Gurley should absolutely be the first RB off the board this year. He's going to get good usage and is just insanely talented. You don't have to worry about him losing touches on third down, goal line, passing situations, or when the Rams go down a TD or two.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Only first rounders being kept are Hopkins, OBJ, and D. Johnson (me).

I'm assuming the big 3 WRs will be gone by the time it swings to me. Green probably too.

I hate drafting in the middle.

I did some simulations on FantasyPros taking into account the three guys you mentioned being kept and it came out with you choosing between: Lamar Miller, Green, Gronk, and one time Julio.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

I did some simulations on FantasyPros taking into account the three guys you mentioned being kept and it came out with you choosing between: Lamar Miller, Green, Gronk, and one time Julio.

:eyepop:

Ok, so i'll pray for Green or Gurley and if neither is there then I'll go Miller.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

89 posted:

I know target share and all. But I just don't see how Green is preferred over Hopkins.

Hopkins was UNSTOPPABLE last year with like what...4 different garbage QBs? The majority of AJ Green's production comes from like 3-4 games a season and stinkers the rest. Now, Green is definitely the best receiver on the board....after Hopkins....and Brandon Marshall.

Houston played at an unsustainable pace for the first 8 or so games of the season, inflating nuks targets by a lot.

You're basically drafting nuk at his ceiling but he also has an extreme high floor. Green can potentially get even more targets this year due to the new wrs coming in, and if eifert is out he'll absorb more red zone looks.

Green can realistically outplay his adp if things shake out right but I think nuks best outcome is matching what he did last year on fewer targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I pick 4th, with keepers all going in the first round. .5 ppr 4pt patd, keeping OBJ (keepers blacked out)

Almost a 0% chance Johnson falls to me. Fairly sure Miller will be gone as well.

If I get the choice of any one who isn't blacked out in that second round ADP, how should I rank them? I'm sort of talking myself in to Zeke, and out of Robinson, but I'm a big dumb idiot

• Locked thread