Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

B-rock not black enough says sole arbiter of what is black.

Everyone who disagrees with you is secretly KKK but please tell me more about how you don't need therapy.

Tell me exactly how many black people do you know that have the experience of growing up in Kansas and Indonesia with 2 white women?

Being black is more than skin deep, you fuckin simpleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

And now the poster who believes in eugenics, and has not engaged with the idea that he could be wrong about it despite posting for hours, is calling people simpletons.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

gfsincere posted:

Stupid rear end thoughts like the bolded are once again the reason why I said you and I are not the same, so stop trying to conflate our experience, especially since that statement is a bold admission of such. You don't and can't get it. You're an immigrant. That means you came from somewhere else. Which also means you have somewhere to go back to in case poo poo hits the fan. Black people here have NOWHERE ELSE TO GO. Hell, one of the reasons the ECOWAS passport can't get real traction is because countries like Ghana want to offer it to black Americans and other ECOWAS countries don't because they buy into white propaganda. You don't understand that. That's one of many things you don't and won't get because you and I are not the same, regardless of the fact that we live with the real fear that a white cop will shoot us both dead for looking at him funny.

On top of you breaking a ton of rules here today, once again. We not the same, and that's okay. Doesn't make you better or lesser than me or black Americans (I'd really wish you'd stop calling us African Americans), I'm just telling you that even though there's some overlap, you're culturally different from me.

:lol:

Nigga, plz, honestly, really? Do you honestly really truly believe America will be so bad that I would rather go to Jamaica? This is such a bullshit line of reasoning. I'm all in on America and no place else, but no do what your white supremacist allies do and say America for Americans Only.

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS
Here, have a poll and shut the gently caress up about eugenics or barbecue or whatever it is this time:

https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/767769518919806976

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
did you say you were in the marine corps? lmao

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gfsincere posted:

On top of you breaking a ton of rules here today, once again.

Lol did you just try to call someone out for breaking the black code?

That's a rather pernicious form of racism usually.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Jesus christ, this thread got bad. How about a different topic? What are everyone's regional lizards? We got anoles, geckos and these horny toad things called fence lizards around here.

roymorrison posted:

being angry about how bad you have it is dumb because someone always has it worse

I dunno, do they have to read your posts?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Do you honestly believe that I am not a black american because I was raised by a jamaican household despite living in this country since I was a toddler? Get the gently caress out, man. I hope you're in the older generation of afams who are holding the rest of us black folk from coming together with asinine quibbles like this. That way you'll stop posting way sooner than later.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nutranurse posted:

Nigga, plz, honestly, really? Do you honestly really truly believe America will be so bad that I would rather go to Jamaica? This is such a bullshit line of reasoning. I'm all in on America and no place else, but no do what your white supremacist allies do and say America for Americans Only.

You have, at times, expressed an unhealthy interest in goats, NN. YOu could start a goat farm in Jamaica I guess.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Welp GFsincere you should know as well as anyone that outside of maybe family. A mixed kid in the eyes of society is generally Black or White.

If you are light skinned enough to pass yourself off as white then that's how you are generally treated in society.

Obama is black as poo poo.

Someone who's that color walking down the street is going to be perceived and treated as black.

How white people treat you is not the arbiter of blackness. Sorry to take the center off of what white people think in this regard. Socially black, as in what society perceives him to be? Absolutely. Culturally black? Not at all. He has little in common upbringing wise with most black people in America. Me and nutranurse have far more in common upbringing wise than Obama does with any black person. He has more in common with Shaun King than I (and we still don't know if he's actually black, after all he leaves far too much chicken on the bone and he attacked BLM members).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

gfsincere posted:

Tell me exactly how many black people do you know that have the experience of growing up in Kansas and Indonesia with 2 white women?

Yes Black people have different experiences. But in terms of how society treats us? It's all generally the loving same.

Like if you want we could go into a long long conversation about how your shade affects how likely you are to get jobs and poo poo, but in general. It's lovely all they way down for all minorities.

Some might have it worse than others, but at that point it's almost nitpicking.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

Barack Obama says he's black and I don't tend to accuse black people of lying about their lived experiences.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

gfsincere posted:

gently caress outta here with this bullshit strawman. When did I EVER say that? Please point it out or forever shut the gently caress up.

You literally said that the reason black athletes dominate many fields of athletics is because black people experienced a culling or selective breeding program which made them physically fitter than other races as a whole. This is a white supremacist argument, founded in a white supremacist ideology - eugenics. It's also very ahistorical, as far as I know.

No one's picked at it, but you also implied that black people are still "bred" to be good musicians and athletes to this very day because of the economic pressures and rewards available to them, in a eugenic sense. I'm hoping you didn't mean that literally, but you're being very intellectually sloppy with really toxic ideas.

quote:

When you breed a people for physical strength and attributes and make them more valuable (by the way hasn't stopped, because black people are only valued by white people by our ability to entertain them), surprise, they might be more physically capable on average, even with living in food deserts and suboptimal everything across the board.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gfsincere posted:

So literally any black person who lives a non-stereotypical life loses their blackness? That's like literally poo poo I've heard from racist white people before.

nutranurse posted:

Do you honestly believe that I am not a black american because I was raised by a jamaican household despite living in this country since I was a toddler? Get the gently caress out, man. I hope you're in the older generation of afams who are holding the rest of us black folk from coming together with asinine quibbles like this. That way you'll stop posting way sooner than later.

Apparently? Because if Obama doesn't get to be black then I imagine very few qualify.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
This is at least the third time today he's denied posting something he's posted within hours. He's clearly drunk or something.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

nutranurse posted:

First off, I ain't ya nigga. I don't know you like that nor know if you're actually black, so keep that poo poo.
Secondly, you do have the option, is the fuckin point you keep missing in order to impress these white folks on this forum. But nah, keep making the same bullshit strawmen they do and not address any of my actual points.

You looking real funny in the light.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

nutranurse posted:

I'm seriously trying to understand what he thinks is significantly different about the experiences the two of you had.

Like, there's literally nothing about your experience that allows you to dodge any part of racism that he might experience. There has never been a situation where one of you could be substituted for the other and not get the exact same exposure to hate

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

gfsincere posted:

First off, I ain't ya nigga. I don't know you like that nor know if you're actually black, so keep that poo poo.
Secondly, you do have the option, is the fuckin point you keep missing in order to impress these white folks on this forum. But nah, keep making the same bullshit strawmen they do and not address any of my actual points.

Hold up, is this a nigga moment? Is that where this is going?

:jerky:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

theflyingorc posted:

While we're on it, another part of my understanding of the founding fathers - a number of them who were very anti-slavery didn't fight hard against it because they thought it was a dying industry. Basically, it was getting less popular AND less profitable, so a number of them were convinced that slavery would disappear eventually, so they didn't fight it in the early days of the country.

I think there's two parts to this: that it depends on whether you consider the founding fathers to just be the signers and the framers of the Constitution or to be more than that, and that they were all usually not as anti-slavery as people nowadays are led to believe.

But considering the most important ones: Thomas Jefferson, James Madison Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Jay, and James Madison all owned slaves, i believe until their deaths. John Adams was the only one of the 7 more famous founding fathers to have never bought a slave or utilized slave labor.

I don't necessarily think that wondering whether a founding father was personally against slavery or not (for whatever reason) is very important when they had a history of owning black people. Obviously they found the political and economic pressures of the time more important than the rights of blacks.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i'm the end result of a thousand years of racial purity leading to a fat computer janitor with a 2.2 k/d on overwatch

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gfsincere posted:

youre about 2 posts away from demanding pics and a birth certificate from everyone else who claims to be black

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

gfsincere posted:

No, I do not have an option. Why on earth would I ever go back to Jamaica? It's not even a place to go 'back' to. It's nice to visit, but why would I ever give up on everything that I've built up in America? Because I'm an immigrant? Yeah I'll hop on a boat to an island that has one of the highest murder rates per capita in the world. Is that seriously the only way you can contextualize this matter? I'm not out to impress anyone, I'm here to call you out for being one of those intractable elements of my own community that is making poo poo worse for us by trying to throw up divisions. My nigga.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

youre about 2 posts away from demanding pics and a birth certificate from everyone else who claims to be black

NN is Verified, he should have a little black checkmark next to his name

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Popular Thug Drink posted:

NN is Verified, he should have a little black checkmark next to his name

Yeah I can vouch for him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

gfsincere posted:

How white people treat you is not the arbiter of blackness. Sorry to take the center off of what white people think in this regard. Socially black, as in what society perceives him to be? Absolutely. Culturally black? Not at all. He has little in common upbringing wise with most black people in America. Me and nutranurse have far more in common upbringing wise than Obama does with any black person. He has more in common with Shaun King than I (and we still don't know if he's actually black, after all he leaves far too much chicken on the bone and he attacked BLM members).

Okay in that case yes, that is focused on I guess what white people think, but in terms of that comparison their experiences are different, not necessarily worse or better.

My black rear end grew up in the whitest part of my lovely little town. I had one black friend growing up(in my position who moved when I was like 7 or so. My experiences are different than someone who grew up dirt poor on for lack of a better wording "the other side of segregation". I was luckily one of the few black people who managed to grow up in the "white" part of town. I faced my own amount of bullshit and racism though it was probably a bit different than someone who grew up in different circumstances. But it's still the(my) Black Experience.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I saw 400+ new posts since I last checked the thread, assumed Trump did something crazy... :psyduck:

This thread is weird.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Just to make everyone's day brighter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXBqnx2ONE

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

gfsincere posted:

"at least you can go back to south sudan whenever you want"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Rollofthedice posted:

But considering the most important ones: Thomas Jefferson, James Madison Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Jay, and James Madison all owned slaves, i believe until their deaths. John Adams was the only one of the 7 more famous founding fathers to have never bought a slave or utilized slave labor.
I'm not claiming that it was common, or even that the top ones felt that way. But there was opposition to it from some people(Hamilton, for one), and my understanding was that part of the reason those people didn't fight the good fight was that it was seen as a dying institution.

edit: Found this summary article that seemed real good - the record of the framers is a little better than you made it sound: https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Founding-Fathers-and-Slavery-1269536

Franklin and Jefferson basically became more and more anti-slavery as they got older, for instance.

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 22, 2016

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Periodiko posted:

You literally said that the reason black athletes dominate many fields of athletics is because black people experienced a culling or selective breeding program which made them physically fitter than other races as a whole. This is a white supremacist argument, founded in a white supremacist ideology - eugenics. It's also very ahistorical, as far as I know.

No one's picked at it, but you also implied that black people are still "bred" to be good musicians and athletes to this very day because of the economic pressures and rewards available to them, in a eugenic sense. I'm hoping you didn't mean that literally, but you're being very intellectually sloppy with really toxic ideas.

It's a combination of a lot of factors, some of which I've mentioned here. It's a lot of white posters basically strawmanning saying that I said "eugenics was awesome and good and the only reason why black athletes succeed" when selective breeding did happen, and in some ways still does happen on a social level due to economic and social pressures. I never said it's a white slaver standing in a room literally putting one black dick into another slave woman.

Hell, there are studies about those who lived through the depression and Jews from ww2 that even after it was over and they could eat right and had sustenance, their children were underweight and had all the markers as if they lived through the famine themselves.

But no, it's easier to make strawmen and agree with the forum version of David Clarke than actually have a discussion on race here.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

theflyingorc posted:

I'm not claiming that it was common, or even that the top ones felt that way. But there was opposition to it from some people(Hamilton, for one), and my understanding was that part of the reason those people didn't fight the good fight was that it was seen as a dying institution.

The FF's were largely racist, sexist assholes who we absolutely give too much credit to and idolize way, way too much.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Amergin posted:

Hold up, is this a nigga moment? Is that where this is going?

:jerky:

This the poo poo I'm talking about nutranurse as to how we ain't the same. Breaking rule numero uno.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
We can all agree that I'm not black, right?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

It's a combination of a lot of factors, some of which I've mentioned here. It's a lot of white posters basically strawmanning saying that I said "eugenics was awesome and good and the only reason why black athletes succeed" when selective breeding did happen, and in some ways still does happen on a social level due to economic and social pressures. I never said it's a white slaver standing in a room literally putting one black dick into another slave woman.

This didn't actually happen. The bolded I mean. And Eugenics still doesn't work the way you are implying.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 22, 2016

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah this thread got real weird

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Jesus christ, you have contributed absolutely nothing to the insanity of the last few pages. Just please shut up

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Oh for God's sake, can we stop talking about eugenics and the stupid as hell, "No true blackman" arguments?!

I'm a black man son of an African immigrant and US slave descendant and I'm sick of this ridiculous attempt at an discussion. Can we get back to something other than this?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm super glad Big Brother comes by to occasionally surveil this guy because Jesus Christ :stonk:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

gfsincere posted:

This the poo poo I'm talking about nutranurse as to how we ain't the same. Breaking rule numero uno.

Nigga, plz, hop off that high horse. You're no house slave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

It's a combination of a lot of factors, some of which I've mentioned here. It's a lot of white posters basically strawmanning saying that I said "eugenics was awesome and good and the only reason why black athletes succeed" when selective breeding did happen,

it did not happen

• Locked thread