Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

But what if the hype after the trailer isn't representative of what the game will deliver at launch, or what if it won't ever be released? Oh right, they'd never blame anything other than the devious developer fooling them by using new sneaky unknown tactics such as "showing footage"

...you thought I was being ironic? This is video game journalism, there are writers who write as if they were bought, who really try to get bought -- and I guess a few who legit are bought.

It's like asking a family of cirkus seals for their opinions on overfishing, the best you can hope for is some funny not-so-gymnastics

Forgot to switch accounts, Derek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I'm stalking MoMA

ManofManyAliases posted:

I despise Reddit. I have a bullshit account that I linked before when Derek threatened to "doxx" me but that's it. I can browse Reddit just fine. No need to engage those retards anymore than I care to engage the retards on SC Forums.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
No one ever remembers Gryphon.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Belts are serious business.

especially when used for asphyxiation.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MeLKoR posted:

No one ever remembers Gryphon.

what a doozy that guy was

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

quote:

Flarpy posted:

...you thought I was being ironic? This is video game journalism, there are writers who write as if they were bought, who really try to get bought -- and I guess a few who legit are bought.

It's like asking a family of cirkus seals for their opinions on overfishing, the best you can hope for is some funny not-so-gymnastics

:captainpop:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what a doozy that guy was

He shone twice as dim and lasted half as long

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I loving hate goons.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Peter you're a treasure

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

This whole thread is amazing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm actually Accelewraith.

He's in for 25k, you said you're in for 8k. I bet you're twitter friends with him though, nobody puts that much effort into being wrong about the TOS without being crazy.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I noticed that they're supposedly working on a day/night cycle for the subsumption* AI. Why do they need a day/night cycle on a space station? Does anyone remember when every Elder Scrolls game promised this?

*who pulled this word out of a thesaurus' rear end?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

D1E posted:

I loving hate goons.

Don't we all?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

When Derek was about to "doxx" me, I provided him with my Reddit account SCPilotMan. I never use it. There are no posts on it. I simply have one to have an account with some age on it. Reddit is complete trash.

#IStandWithMoMA

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

iron buns posted:

This whole thread is amazing.

It's almost as if Citizens are incredibly gullible.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Jst0rm posted:

I found another whip pan edit at 41:46 Somebody with image capture shop skills can pull those frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AzNjLqyX8&t=2504s

I'll snag it

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
So Delamar is another landing pad in Stanton, which should have like 4 pads?

So most of one system done in 4 years? Assuming most systems won't have 4 pads, I look forward to Star Citizen's triumphant release in 2216.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

eXXon posted:

I noticed that they're supposedly working on a day/night cycle for the subsumption* AI. Why do they need a day/night cycle on a space station? Does anyone remember when every Elder Scrolls game promised this?

*who pulled this word out of a thesaurus' rear end?

Roberts. He wrote a paper on how to use tech words to give consumers the illusion of progress and build hype iirc.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Yo, TheAgent/EightAce/anyone with CIG contacts: are they still planning on releasing this poo poo for consoles?

Because my guess is that they were running that demo on the fastest PC hardware money can buy, and frame rate was still crap...

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Jst0rm posted:

I found another whip pan edit at 41:46 Somebody with image capture shop skills can pull those frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AzNjLqyX8&t=2504s

Not as clear as the first one, but yeah, it is very odd (SC is super janky so it is hard to tell what is jank and cuts)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

citizennightmares.jpg

:five::five::five:

also, Reverse Refund thread is best thread

:ohdear: guys I need to ask a favor...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsaparilla NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm being 100% sincere. The new ToS is the most solid they have put forth yet. It's not ambiguous and really shouldn't negatively affect 99% of backers.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

What mission does he offer?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ZenMaster posted:

Not as clear as the first one, but yeah, it is very odd (SC is super janky so it is hard to tell what is jank and cuts)

just after that one there is another check that one.

The thing is off a whip pan and then its on.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Is 2.5 star network 3.0, out yet?

Wheres the car dealership?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

:golfclap:

I foresee this vid going places.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, and

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:

I like how they are all just welcoming them back to the fold.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

alphabettitouretti posted:

John Birmingham's Without Warning had near future weaponry with ceramic ammo for use on subs and ships, which would shred people but not ricochet inside a hull.

Great, you just turned all those bullets into sharp bullet fragments and dust. You're going to be eating that poo poo for weeks.

More seriously, rubber bullets just gained a whole new level of hilarity.

Chris Ihao posted:

I'm actually impressed with all the new stuff being introduced: hangar and fighters stored in bigger ships, hired wingmen, detailed planetary maps, the ability of sending stored ships to where you are and passenger transport amongst other things.

Already on the Star Citizen list. Nice try, Guun.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

eXXon posted:

Space stations?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Beet Wagon posted:

:ohdear: guys I need to ask a favor...

Okay sorry reddit. I fully apologize to Sandi for thinking and calling her a horrible human being, a lovely business woman, and a failed actress even though she is all of those things.

Now how do I reverse the refund I never got because I never purchased or backed the game because this game has always looked like boring poo poo and I've never had faith in Roberts???

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Hamburger Test posted:

Just watching the video. The space combat is worse than NMS.

That's the thing...even if that video wasn't heavily staged for the purposes of selling more jpegs and they are capable of putting it in the game and fixing all the many many bugs, it's still not loving fun to play. The flight model is poo poo, the on foot combat is mediocre at best and if the best example they could show for this big reveal was a tedious fetch quest it does not bode well for the rest of the game.

peter gabriel posted:

The first time I saw it first hand blew me away. I mean, yeah I sort of thought they'd be chilled and maybe a couple didn't give a gently caress but it was all of them. On the rare occasions that someone showed any inkling of interest in the game being shown you could feel an awkward atmosphere, like they were the worlds biggest nerd for taking an interest or something ha ha.

I like getting money in exchange for playing games and the free poo poo is always welcome but gently caress press events. E3 and the rest are tedious after you've been once, and hard enough to tolerate in the first instance.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Flarpy posted:

I'm Derek and so is my wife.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

lol, when did they start handing these out?

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
I am posting this as i feel like it kinda underlines one issue - it's one of the modders working on his dream chariot since January 2014, this is one is only a third of the size of a bengal carrier.
And there's multiple cap ships, some even dwarfing the bengal for multiple factions in this game that need to be created to insane quality standards. OFC you can re-use assets but it
quickly makes for boring and repetetive environments.

The amount of work that needs to be done is crazy and I am surprised if these ships aren't going to mess up the roadmap dramatically in the end, unless the interiours aren't fully fleshed out.
If ever completed these assets must still be huge - I dread the cap-ship warp stutter on their current network implementation, most probably it will break their physic systems.

Also in view of all the glitches and bugs encountered with the smaller ships, how are these not going to drive your QA Teams insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZgzMvLupSk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alphabettitouretti posted:

I like getting money in exchange for playing games and the free poo poo is always welcome but gently caress press events. E3 and the rest are tedious after you've been once, and hard enough to tolerate in the first instance.

The only ones I have been to have been invite things, usually 20 - 40 people there and hosted in a swank place, I've never done the huge events, gently caress that. Well, no I did do one but it was more informal just to chat with a few people in one day / impressions on the event.

• Locked thread