Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
If I can still make him cook eggs for profit in CSII I don't think I'll be able to stop myself. Hopefully the change in world state changed sepith values as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
It was kind of messed up that I couldn't afford to buy new armor and weapons for 4 party members without having to spend 10 minutes cooking Warm Egg Soup.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Overbite posted:

It was kind of messed up that I couldn't afford to buy new armor and weapons for 4 party members without having to spend 10 minutes cooking Warm Egg Soup.

Pretty sure that was intentional. You're not supposed to be able to afford to reequip your entire team.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you're not supposed to be able to. you're supposed to choose what you value. that's honestly something I enjoyed, just blindly trading all your gear for new stuff whenever it becomes available is boring

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, it was definitely on purpose.

Most of the gear upgrades weren't really changing how many hits you could take from the enemy before you were KO'd or even really altering how many hits you had to deliver before the enemies died--the more important parts were increases to things like evade or speed or hit or inflicting statuses after using u-materials on the weapons. This goes for every entry in the series, but is a more important lesson in CS where sepith values are lower and you can't just blind-buy everything. You get most of the accessories you need from chests/quests/AP and I think the Trista gear was always just what the other squad would come back wearing so also wasn't worth buying. It's definitely kind of messed up if you aren't expecting that, but works out well enough once you know it.

I like stuff like warm egg soup, fishing and being able to double hit stuff on the map for increasing funds/sepith without increasing levels too much but just increasing the sepith value again would be even better for that.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/767854246620389376

Huzzah!

When I saw the tweet, I made my preorder (because I'm crazy and don't like preordering ridiculously far in advance).

Then I realize I ordered the PS3 version, and had to cancel and reorder.

Dammit.

But Huzzah!

Can we have that version of the cover.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 23, 2016

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ill be sad if its not the flip cover.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm in the final chapter and I'm surprised that I managed to remain consistently poor throughout the entire game.

Not even sure how you're supposed to get that 1 mil Mira trophy. My funds reached just over 10,000 at best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm in the final chapter and I'm surprised that I managed to remain consistently poor throughout the entire game.

Not even sure how you're supposed to get that 1 mil Mira trophy. My funds reached just over 10,000 at best.
egg soup

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Dr. Fetus posted:

10,000 egg soups

e: real answer is still egg soup, but you can also pretty much sell all your sepith including the elemental kinds once you have enough quartz to fill up your whole party's slots with rares, plus you want to sell your regular non-rare quartz too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

Running through the game more than once and selling literally everything.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Hmm, it looks like all the sheet music transcriptions of Confession online are subtly wrong. Guess I'll have to do my own~

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Never mind.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 23, 2016

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

wow i cannot believe your favorite character is different from mine gently caress off with that poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Amppelix posted:

wow i cannot believe your favorite character is different from mine gently caress off with that poo poo

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh, sorry. I was just joking around. Didn't mean to annoy everyone there.

Beat the game. Somehow I had a feeling Crow was C, although all I had to go on that was the first letter of Crow's name.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Don't worry, that was also a joke

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh, sorry. I was just joking around. Didn't mean to annoy everyone there.

Beat the game. Somehow I had a feeling Crow was C, although all I had to go on that was the first letter of Crow's name.

I think that was meant to be kind of obvious (even though I was surprised) but the real turn was the fact that Osborne wasn't the villain and was, in fact, just a victim. he had been set up to be pretty shady from TitS:FC and it bowled me over that he just got straight up assassinated, kicking off the Great Gundam War.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I just checked the CSII release date out of curiosity, and yo what the gently caress it's literally over two months late for EU?! It's somehow even later than the first one was! This is the year in which we managed to get the exact same release date for Persona 5 on both sides on the Atlantic, what is this bullshit

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, I gotta say this about CSII:

If you dislike

A) Unwinnable boss fights

or

B) Heroic NPCs swooping in after you beat a boss to effortlessly oneshot it after it powers up

You're gonna be in for a rough time.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom posted:

So, I gotta say this about CSII:

If you dislike

A) Unwinnable boss fights

or

B) Heroic NPCs swooping in after you beat a boss to effortlessly oneshot it after it powers up

You're gonna be in for a rough time.

So, just the Trails experience? :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

On a scale of 1 - Xenogears how many unwinnable boss fights does it have?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

On a scale of 1 - Xenogears how many unwinnable boss fights does it have?

Let me put it this way:
If you visit a place any time in the entire first act, it's probably gonna end with you losing the boss fight, though it seems like each unwinnable boss has a gimmick of "do enough damage in a time limit to get bonus AP."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good, I love those things

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Honestly if SC had unwinnable boss fights as a mechanic you'd probably have one against every single enforcer the first time you encounter them since narratively Estelle and co get their poo poo handed to them over and over until they finally clinch their victories near the end.

I never minded it since its a good reminder of how significant the threat is and how relatively young and fresh most of your crew is when it comes to large scale conflict like this.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

As long as the game communicates, in somewhat explicit fashion, "YOU CAN'T WIN THIS FIGHT YOU IDIOT" it's completely fine. I just need to know that information so as to not waste resources and/or time that I don't want to waste.

On another thing: Does the world of the Trails series have like, a name? I was thinking about googling for a complete world map of all the areas as revealed in the games thus far, but then I realized I wouldn't know what name to search for. It's not just Earth, is it?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the continent is zemuria but I don't think the world itself has ever been given a name

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Amppelix posted:

As long as the game communicates, in somewhat explicit fashion, "YOU CAN'T WIN THIS FIGHT YOU IDIOT" it's completely fine. I just need to know that information so as to not waste resources and/or time that I don't want to waste.

I should note that you should still waste those resources for the aforementioned AP reason. In my experience you've got a hard time limit to reduce an enemy's HP to a low enough point or take down one enemy in a pair or something. It amounts to "come in with S-Crafts good to go, spam that poo poo, eek out whatever damage you can after" admittedly.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

the continent is zemuria but I don't think the world itself has ever been given a name

And even there maps are pretty vague, hell Erebonia still has a lot left to be revealed, and Calvard/Remiferia havent been shown even though we know technically where they are situated.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

here's a fan made map

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 23, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tag yourself im the unconverted east

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Need a magnifying glass for that map but I'm North Ambria cause I'm salty as gently caress. :v:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh lol is that tiny for everyone else. drat wikia links

i tried to fix it but if i didn't work im not gonna try again

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 23, 2016

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

oh lol is that tiny for everyone else. drat wikia links

i tried to fix it but if i didn't work im not gonna try again

It works now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nord Highlands because I'm large, empty and boring

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the liberl kingdom, because i am small but strong

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Progress in FC chapter 2: Did all the pre-festival quests, finished the play, Joshua was indistinguishable from the quiet, distant, pretty anime girl trope, fought off some mind control ninja people with Kloe and Agate, learned the mayor is a comically-evil bad guy, and then called it a night. Were those two parts the sequences you guys were talking about? They were fun and cool, just wondering!

I like that Agate can yell himself to death.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The play rules, but the best part is still upcoming.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Playstation now is coming to PC, and also has Cold Steel on it now, meaning CS is going to be on PC kinda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Progress in FC chapter 2: Did all the pre-festival quests, finished the play, Joshua was indistinguishable from the quiet, distant, pretty anime girl trope, fought off some mind control ninja people with Kloe and Agate, learned the mayor is a comically-evil bad guy, and then called it a night. Were those two parts the sequences you guys were talking about? They were fun and cool, just wondering!

I like that Agate can yell himself to death.

Yeah, the school festival and especially the play is one of my favorite bits from the game, but the rest of Chapter 2 is also great.

Chapter 2 is just awesome.