Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

ZenMaster posted:

Not as clear as the first one, but yeah, it is very odd (SC is super janky so it is hard to tell what is jank and cuts)

28:05

Probably just jank, but the whole switching of cameras and Chris' "We're just showing that it isn't on rails at all :hurr:" is a little too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Star citizen doesn't have procedural generated cats either, or dogs. I am feeling grief I overlooked this.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

:five::five::five:

also, Reverse Refund thread is best thread

:ohdear: guys I need to ask a favor...

As proud founder of Team Sandi I forward this motion

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, I am supposed to buy stuff because sandi got picked on?

ok.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

:five::five::five:

also, Reverse Refund thread is best thread

:ohdear: guys I need to ask a favor...

They're not very good at spotting jokes, are they?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Flarpy posted:

What mission does he offer?

Whatever it is, you definitely can't skip the voice over until the NPC is finished talking.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

As proud founder of Team Sandi I forward this motion

Are you opening up memberships?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
This scene is interesting. It looks like the guy on the right is waiting for his screen to start moving again before he grabs the controls.

And if you watch the PIP, they are de-synched from each other. Seems like lovely net code for a closed server with two people in it.

Also the bike disappears after it enters the bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AzNjLqyX8&t=2596s

Fixed time stamp

Lladre fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 22, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

Are you opening up memberships?

It's been open for months :negative:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lime Tonics posted:

Wait, I am supposed to buy stuff because sandi got picked on?

ok.

Yeah if you buy that chariot that looks like a phone box then Sandi cheers up, I think

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jst0rm posted:

I found another whip pan edit at 41:46 Somebody with image capture shop skills can pull those frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AzNjLqyX8&t=2504s

ZenMaster posted:

Not as clear as the first one, but yeah, it is very odd (SC is super janky so it is hard to tell what is jank and cuts)

I don't know. That could just be an immersion ladder footrest that's being triggered from a strangely long distance.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Octopode posted:

I DO have a trial version of Adobe Premiere. What more expertise would anyone need?

Any journalist who values his independence pirates the 'warez

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I swear by almighty Chris not to insult the name of thine family Robertses, and to protect thee from said haters and trolls and goonies with no reference to tickling whatsoever

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Midnight Voyager posted:

Not even a little bit.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Xaerael posted:

This is what my "long immersion animation" suspicion points to. So many points in the "demo" it was more like triggering a weird ingame inengine cutscene that mimicked reality than actual player control. The obvious upshot of doing it this way is the PC won't accidentally wander into something that would cause clipping/physics/crashing errors to start spewing out.

The real tell is not one person other than CIG guys has actually had a hands-on with this mythical breakthrough version.

Smoke and mirrors, man behind the curtain, etc.

I didn't think it was worth mentioning since it could be explained as rehearsing but it was odd how the player kept walking incredibly slowly, sideways, blind down corridors and ignoring 90% of the scenery.

I guess you could argue if they have rehearsed it enough for the player to know exactly where every switch is to walk to them backwards without looking at them, you could argue that they just recorded one of those sessions previously and made sure there were no bugs in it.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Not even a little bit.

Aw yeah, that's some good fishing. Just make sure to throw your catches back in, you don't want to exhaust the waters.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Drunk Theory posted:

Don't we all?

Everyone welcome our newly hatched goonbabby

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
In the cold light of day it really is impossible to deny that the game now looks amazing after Chris picked up a bottle

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

In the cold light of day it really is impossible to deny that the game now looks amazing after Chris picked up a bottle

Was it an eau moment?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This hearkens back to a distant time when people argued with each other about whether it should be called trolling or trawling.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Yep, the new helmet flip.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Well I don't know about you guys but I haven't seen the cold light of day in weeks :smug:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Decrepus posted:

This hearkens back to a distant time when people argued with each other about whether it should be called trolling or trawling.

Well trolling uses baited lines to catch specific targets, and trawling involves dragging a big-rear end net behind you to catch whatever the gently caress is there...

So maybe this is trolling but something like StreetRoller's refund post would be trawling?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Post Gamescom Reddit is a place of wonder and magic:

A newbie seeing why people like this game posted:

After seeing the Gamescom demo I decided to try out the free fly yesterday. I've always been a skeptic and was never interested until I saw 3.0. After learning the controls and playing a couple rounds of vanduul swarm I went to port oliver to play the meat of the game.

I spawned the Freelancer because i used the other two ships in swarm, and got in it. It took me a second to figure out what to do , but i found the list of objectives and went off to repair a comm station. There were a bunch of pirates, but i took them on anyway. It was weird, but it felt like the pirates were dying when i wasn't shooting at them, even though no one else was here. I saw a couple shots go over my head and kill a pirate and I had no clue what was happening.

When all the pirates were dead I flew up to the station and went to the cargo hatch to EVA over to the comm station, and lo and behold, there was someone in my turret! I had no clue that there was no ship privacy, and someone got on my ship without me even noticing, and helped me take out the pirates! We waved and stuff and afterwards even did a couple of the Tessa missions together. He was a good shot, and helped me learn where to repair and restock my ship and even gave me some flying tips.

Alas, at some point he got flung into space at the speed of light by the ship door and I never saw him again.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

lol, when did they start handing these out?

Goons have been controlling the subreddit for months now. :ssh:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

I don't know. That could just be an immersion ladder footrest that's being triggered from a strangely long distance.

it happens just after that one.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

one of the best things about reddit is that those idiots can't tell that a post is sarcastic or a joke unless it has a "/s" at the end of it.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Lol ... "real life."

That should read "Have to re-write the iron-clad ToS...again"

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Everyone welcome our newly hatched goonbabby

Like a phoenix from the ashes I shitpost.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Post Gamescom Reddit is a place of wonder and magic:

Give them another 10 days to gradually figure out that despite another flashy convention video, they've still been waiting for something playable and good as they have been since November 2013. "Before the end of the year" is the new "2 weeks".

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jst0rm posted:

it happens just after that one.

You're asking me to watch more than 5 seconds of a CRobber presentation?! I hate you. :gonk:

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

fnox posted:

lmao is that what CIG is now? a smaller indie studio? motherfucker how many studios do they even have?

Isn't the team that creates TES/Fallout games ~100 people?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
when does 3.0 launch? I'm trying to figure out which mortgage payment to skip so I can buy a big ship to fly with my friends

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

Trawling is passive, just browsing and taking screenshots to laugh at.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Isn't the team that creates TES/Fallout games ~100 people?

Todd Howard posted:

while Fallout 3 had around 70 people working on it, Skyrim saw the team increase to roughly 100.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

Charles Get-Out posted:

lovely business woman

Thats one thing you cant accuse her of. She has managed to bilk $120 million dollars out of nerds on failed promises and pictures of spaceships.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Flarpy posted:

Daztek posted:

What mission does he offer?

Let him loving finish and you will find out.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Triggered posted:

Thats one thing you cant accuse her of. She has managed to bilk $120 million dollars out of nerds on failed promises and pictures of spaceships.

Yeah but by that token, if they got a top class company in to do the marketing they'd have easily tripled that amount I reckon

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

Yo, TheAgent/EightAce/anyone with CIG contacts: are they still planning on releasing this poo poo for consoles?

Because my guess is that they were running that demo on the fastest PC hardware money can buy, and frame rate was still crap...

They're not going to sully the Messiah of the PC Master Race by releasing for consoles.

Seriously, though CRoberts has said nothing about consoles except that it MIGHT happen in the far future if they can get the PC version pared down for console hardware. Given what they've been doing, never going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Triggered posted:

She isn't even there most days and is effectively part of CIG's acting talent. That cool $120 million was mostly bilked by Roberts' grabby hands.

He's got to be a great business dude b/c people still keep giving him money after he continually burns massive piles of it.

• Locked thread