Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Post more bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Berke Negri posted:

Are there, perhaps, fascist elements present in the Pet Island sub forum? Well, I won't say unequivocally "no".

I'm suspicious of the german sheperds

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Berke Negri posted:

Are there, perhaps, fascist elements present in the Pet Island sub forum? Well, I won't say unequivocally "no".

Personally, I think we must secure the existence of our pets and a future for tuxedo cats.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

gfsincere posted:

Once again, you fundamentally misunderstand both the purpose of a paper bag test AND the fact of why black people that aren't immigrants move the way they move.

But keep telling yourself that you're in our group while having all of the cultural moves of a different one. You're black as in part of the African diaspora. But American slavery black, you are not, and that's okay.

You're just another example of why we don't gently caress with y'all on that level in a general sense.

you are Rush Limbaugh's idea of what a BLM member is

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

nutranurse posted:

Dude you keep saying this but never elaborating.

He thinks he is the spokesman for negrodom because his corny rear end got on TV a few times, but now that he got called out he is shifting the goal posts for negrodom while still trying to speak for "us".

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Post more bags.

Sorry, that was really mean and I don't mean it.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

nutranurse posted:

I honestly find it more annoying that white posters are having an issue with black posters discussing black issues/being black in america than they did when we were talking about BBQ. The former is still more USPOL.

SquadronROE posted:

Can we go back to talking about kitchens?

(apologies if you are a minority squadron that combo was just too good)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This new analysis of the social media of paid Trump staffers from the AP is going to SHOCK and AMAZE you.

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/767815433902784513

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gfsincere posted:

Once again, you fundamentally misunderstand both the purpose of a paper bag test AND the fact of why black people that aren't immigrants move the way they move.

But keep telling yourself that you're in our group while having all of the cultural moves of a different one. You're black as in part of the African diaspora. But American slavery black, you are not, and that's okay.

You're just another example of why we don't gently caress with y'all on that level in a general sense.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=jamaica%20slavery

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I mean he's sorta right that a Paper Bag test is a test that was mostly used to check if someone was "too black" for *insert group, event etc etc here*. It wasn't really to check blackness at all. If you are black, it becomes pretty obvious early on in life that you are infact black, so a test for that wouldn't really exist.

Paper Bag test is more internalized discrimination for skin tones than anything else. Though that internalized discrimination is generally caused by external pressures of white people generally preferring to hire and cast for jobs lighter skinned black people.

Everything else though is ehhh...

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

nutranurse posted:

Your favorite madonna album cover.

Reminder that Madonna stole "Vogueing" from the LBGT community. Or so I've been told.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

nutranurse posted:

I honestly find it more annoying that white posters are having an issue with black posters discussing black issues/being black in america than they did when we were talking about BBQ. The former is still more USPOL.

Yeah, this. It's like they'd rather we segregated to another thread?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Koalas March posted:

I am glad this discussion is happening.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Don't worry, they will probably just make another thread and leave us in here without any infrastructure.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Koalas March posted:

Probably, but everytime a race-oriented thread is thrown up it has the consistency and appeal of throw up.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

SquadronROE posted:

Sorry, that was really mean and I don't mean it.

It's ok my mom is a nice lady and she would have laughed at it.

Koalas March posted:

Post more Empire gifs too.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Well, not glad in the sense that gfsincere is loving terrible, but I am glad this space can be open to having discussions that aren't just a bunch of us white posters talking about poo poo.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol you can't even agree with yourself

These posts don't disagree with each other because they aren't even related but if you think they are, more power to you.

Rollofthedice posted:

this isn't loving Stormfront gfsincere

Nope, this is just America, and it's not much difference tbh.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Okay dude, you made a post that implied that eugenics were a thing. Multiple people have explained to you that's not that case. You continue to disavow that you said this (you did) or that those posts were wrong (they were.) You've tried to shield being wrong about this, by saying that every white person in this thread is some sort of klan, sheet-wearing racist. If anyone is setting up strawmen, it's you dude.

I didn't imply it, I actively said that white people during slavery engaged in it. I didn't disavow anything except the fact that white posters kept making the strawmen that I said it was good (I didn't) or that black people were superior (also didn't). Of all the terrible things white people did during slavery, accusing them of eugenics is a bridge too far I guess. And yes, posters posting racist poo poo and black people cosigning it deserve to be called klansmen and sellouts.

So what's your point?

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

USPOL September: You must be THIS black to post ITT

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

Don't worry, they will probably just make another thread and leave us in here without any infrastructure.

holly poo poo

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

nutranurse posted:

As a white poster I want every poster who posts a variation of "new topic plz" or "3000 posts but I guess I don't care about the topic" because it's way loving tedious

Dexo posted:

I mean he's sorta right that a Paper Bag test is a test that was mostly used to check if someone was "too black" for *insert group, event etc etc here*. It wasn't really to check blackness at all. If you are black, it becomes pretty obvious early on in life that you are infact black, so a test for that wouldn't really exist.

He's just trying to deflect on a technicality because he got owned so hard with his "you aren't really black" poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am glad this discussion is happening.

Me too!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

It's ok my mom is a nice lady and she would have laughed at it.

Post more Empire gifs too.

I will literally take any excuse to post Empire gifs.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gfsincere posted:

I didn't imply it, I actively said that white people during slavery engaged in it. I didn't disavow anything except the fact that white posters kept making the strawmen that I said it was good (I didn't) or that black people were superior (also didn't). Of all the terrible things white people did during slavery, accusing them of eugenics is a bridge too far I guess. And yes, posters posting racist poo poo and black people cosigning it deserve to be called klansmen and sellouts.

So what's your point?

We told you that the actual science said you were wrong. That's when we all became klansmen and sellouts, apparently.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

With a thread this bad, what do you have to lose?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

If I may recommend, dadchat is always open for lengthy discussions of race issues, sobriety not a hard requirement.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Was the Paper Bag test used by black people on other black people too? I thought it was just a white person's test for whether they should be scared of a black person or not.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

I didn't imply it, I actively said that white people during slavery engaged in it. I didn't disavow anything except the fact that white posters kept making the strawmen that I said it was good

This never happened. You misread the poster.

You have claimed this many times in the thread, but it never, ever happened.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SuburbianUSPOL: White Flight Zone

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

SquadronROE posted:

Was the Paper Bag test used by black people on other black people too? I thought it was just a white person's test for whether they should be scared of a black person or not.

Colloquially it's said to originate among black fraternities/sororities as a way to keep darker black people from being members. Or at least that's what I learned!

Greek life! Awful all the way down!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

zoux posted:

With a thread this bad, what do you have to lose?

Hilarious that Donald Trump and this Woke dude both think only one black experience in america is the one true black experience

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Then the mods see that this thread are mostly filled with the worst posters, and people and close down the thread. Forcing those posters to post in other threads around the forum, then the regulars in those threads get mad at the new posters who aren't assimilating into their posting styles and the cycle continues.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I like that if you swapped the words white and black in any gfsincere post this afternoon, you'd get some very... :gonk:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gfsincere posted:

Well that and I guess now we're going to all pretend people have never lied on the Internet about anything, including their race.

Guess we're at this point of the conversation.

Nobody on the planet is coming to SomethingAwfuldotcom politics subforum and then pretending to be a black person in the US Politics thread, chief.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

white slave owners did not practice eugenics, full stop. there is no way this statement is scientifically valid or factually correct

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

nutranurse posted:

You know what? That's totally valid. I'm sorry.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nutranurse posted:

Yeah the conversation among black posters in this thread has been interesting but the white guys coming in to roll their eyes at it because it's about black stuff or use it as an excuse to get it side shots at BLM have been pretty bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sure we could talk about racism.

Or we could talk about the intersection of racism and tipping :twisted:
https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/767809231424806912

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Dexo posted:

Then the mods see that this thread are mostly filled with the worst posters, and people and close down the thread. Forcing those posters to post in other threads around the forum, then the regulars in those threads get mad at the new posters who aren't assimilating into their posting styles and the cycle continues.

We will only be welcome on the sports forums and in the Hip Hop NMD megathread

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

Yes. It was fairly common in Black Sororities and fraternities.

Man if you want to have a fun evening read up on complexion and skin color opinions in the black community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

nutranurse posted:

Yeah you're right, people don't do this. The point is that gfsincere's misconception of 'blackness' is toxic af and really needs to be done away with much the same way we need to get rid of white identity.

poo poo I remember the argument I got into with you about that one over in Dadchat. Took a good few pages to get it through my thick skull what you meant.

• Locked thread