Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ka0 posted:

Also, would using repeat balls offer a higher catch percentage than an ultra.

Yeah, if the pokemon is in your dex its 1.5X as good as an ultra ball.

If not it has the same catch rate as pokeballs.

Best pokeballs:

Quickball- 4X catch rate on first turn
Timer Ball- 4X catch rate after 12 turns
Dusk Ball- 3.5X catch rate at night or if in a cave/building
Net/Repeat/Dive- 3x
Ultra- 2.5X
Great- 1.5x
Poke/Luxury/Heal-1x

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zore posted:

Best pokeballs:

Luxury

The one true answer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hearing someone say Pyukumuku over and over makes me giggle.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Anime Pikachu once almost caught anime Meowth in a luxury ball, and then they had a die hard standoff on top of a crashed semi.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
All Gen 2 pokemon are bad and should honestly just be put straight into the trash and forgotten.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Quick balls might as well be master balls for half the poo poo you see and just peg in the face with one.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

All Gen 2 pokemon are bad and should honestly just be put straight into the trash and forgotten.

Wow, rude. Very, very rude.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

that's very rude to hitmontop and forretress

and maybe skarmory and tyranitar too

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Even Heracross has finally been overtaken as Bug/Fighting King by Pinsir, the rightful lord. He's not even fighting type and does Close Combat better than Heracross.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Even Heracross has finally been overtaken as Bug/Fighting King by Pinsir, the rightful lord. He's not even fighting type and does Close Combat better than Heracross.

no.

Also there are many several great Gen II pokemon;

Murkrow
Tyranitar
Donphan
Skarmory
Espeon
Heracross
Forrettress
Scizor
Bellossum
Ampharos
Xatu
Crobat
Houndoom
Lantern

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 22, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mega-Pinsir is way better than either form of Heracross, sorry man.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

no.

Also there are many several great Gen II pokemon;

Also wobbo but he's really a gen 3 pokemon since he's nothing without shadow tag.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
The statement that gen 2 has no good pokemon is wrong, because gen 2 is the one that gave us :wooper:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Zoness posted:

Also wobbo but he's really a gen 3 pokemon since he's nothing without shadow tag.

What about Granbull who wasn't much until Gen 6 made it a fairy type?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Okay here's an addendum to my statement: GEN 2 has no good pokemon, but it has a few mediocre one's that were saved either with Gen 3's mechanical changes or Gen 4 giving them evolutions that weren't poo poo.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Okay here's an addendum to my statement: GEN 2 has no good pokemon, but it has a few mediocre one's that were saved either with Gen 3's mechanical changes or Gen 4 giving them evolutions that weren't poo poo.

still rude to skarmory

Skarmory @ Leftovers, physical defense EV's blah blah

Whirlwind
Curse
Rest
Drill Peck

this was the solution to the monster known as snorlax.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Scizor, Tyranitar, Skarmory, Blissey say lol.

Murkrow/Donphan/Crobat/Forretress/Celebi/Suicune have also had several stints of being good even if power creep has out-paced most of them now.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Gen II made Marowak OU therefor is best gen.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gen II is the most evenly split generation as far as good Pokemon/bad Pokemon go. IMO, anyway.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zore posted:

Scizor, Tyranitar, Skarmory, Blissey say lol.

Scizor is a poo poo design, Tyranitar is an awful x4 Weak to fighting waste of a slot and the worst Pseudo-Legendary Design easily. Skarmory is a poo poo bird with 1 set that's been out done over and over by now and Blissey's one entire claim to fame is being so lovely it makes Chansey better by design and mechanically.

Gen 2 is the generation of pokemon that were too lovely to make the cut into the first games but hey, we've got most of them done already so we might as well slap them in anyway.

They're pokemon that lost out to such inspired designs as Voltorb, Diglet, and Seel.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 22, 2016

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
That's because abilities and then the physical special/split really boosted some but not all pokemon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Scizor is a poo poo design, Tyranitar is an awful x4 Weak to fighting waste of a slot and the worst Pseudo-Legendary Design easily. Skarmory is a poo poo bird with 1 set that's been out done over and over by now and Blissey's one entire claim to fame is being so lovely it makes Chansey better by design and mechanically.

Gen 2 is the generation of pokemon that were too lovely to make the cut into the first games but hey, we've got most of them done already so we might as well slap them in anyway.

They're pokemon that lost out to such inspired designs as Voltorb, Diglet, and Seel.

You're really flip flopping on if you're talking about mechanics or design.

Mechanically, Tyranitar and Scizor are absolute monsters.

Designwise, you can just get out of this thread if you don't think Murkrow, Skarmory, Houndoom, Heracross, Crobat and Bellosum are rad as gently caress.

:colbert:

It is the weakest gen overall, but it has some really good pokemon still.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Gen 2 has Hitmontop which just won VGC 16 worlds so can't be that bad.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yikes.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
at least gen 2 didn't have an ice cream cone

or a bear that should definitely get a flu shot

or a whatever the gently caress avalugg is supposed to be

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

gently caress you!!!!

Zoness posted:

at least gen 2 didn't have an ice cream cone

or a bear that should definitely get a flu shot

gently caress you!!!!!!!!!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zoness posted:

:fuckoff:

Avalugg is good. Also its an iceberg aircraft carrier that carries tiny Bergmite on its back

Also the Ice Cream pokes are good, though not great.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gen 2 pokemon are good and tyranitar continues to be one of the most useful pokemon in the game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a Dark resist and an option to hold a mega stone to neuter Knock Off all the more? wooo-weee, i'm gettin the vapors

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I guess I can't see it because avalugg is both mechanically worthless and it looks like something cubchoo left on the ground. But at least it's not ice cream.

Look I just want more cool ice types like mamoswine. That thing is a beast.

also walrein.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Starsnostars posted:

Gen 2 has Hitmontop which just won VGC 16 worlds so can't be that bad.

On that note I JUST found out that the winning Worlds team used Raichu.

Wh...when did Raichu become that good? :stare:

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

QuasiQuack posted:

I wish this was a good team as well.

holy crap I used this exact team except shellos for a long time

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dexie posted:

raichu is a bad pokemon that can absorb incoming electric attacks targeted at kyogre, nuzzle for free paralysis, learn fake out, endeaver strong threats when it eats a multi-targeted move that doesn't OHKO it, and volt switch out to an eject button hitmontop that will also fake-out

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zoness posted:

I guess I can't see it because avalugg is both mechanically worthless and it looks like something cubchoo left on the ground. But at least it's not ice cream.

Look I just want more cool ice types like mamoswine. That thing is a beast.

also walrein.

Avalugg really isn't mechanically worthless. It has some intense physical bulk and hits like a freight train, plus it has sturdy and recover.

What ice really needs is better physical attacks and way more resistances.

:(

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

I assume it was used as a support. I dreamed of running a support raichu with nuzzle in early X/Y since it has a very unique set of abilities with lightning rod and access to fake out, encore and nuzzle, but it didn't work at all and I am bad at doubles.

Looks like Wolfe Glick used an assault vest on his and used fake out, volt switch, nuzzle, and endeavor which lets him do a good amount of damage and disrupt setup without being vulnerable to taunts or traps.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 22, 2016

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Gen 2 brought Espeon and Umbreon so it's automatically a success

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Dexie posted:

Raichu was good all season because it's able to protect Kyogre (and Yveltal) from electric attacks. Earlier in the season Zap Plate Raichu's Volt Tacke was also used to oneshot enemy Kyogres but it moved away from that as Kyogre started get built with more bulk. I don't believe the Assault Vest Raichus which made Worlds top cut had really been used before that point, at least not that I'd seen.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
WHO THE gently caress IS poo poo-TALKING MAGCARGO

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Uh, Mareep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

WAS IT YOU ZEN MASTER BULLSHIT