Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

gfsincere posted:

So you're queer and think sucking dick is a bad thing?

Or do you believe I think sucking dick is a bad thing?

Because if its the former, I can't help you with that. I appreciate every woman that's done it and every guy that's offered.

If its the latter, well you're wrong and I'm not too interested in correcting you.

Cockholster is funny. To even try to place it on the same rung as friend of the family is offensive as gently caress tho, and its annoying when white gays try to portray that as such. human being I'll give you as loving terrible and so many terrible things have been done over that, but trying to draw an equivalance between human being - cockholster - friend of the family is wildly out of pocket.

somehow the weirdest post so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
:yikes:

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Lotka Volterra posted:

No one is trying to rank slurs you loving weirdo, they're trying to get you to stop using a slur. Instead you've deflected to a "well lesbian I knew in the marines said it!" and "it's not as bad as the n-word, so it's funny and not offensive at all!" which is loving insane. Either apologize, stop pretending that you have the One True Opinion, or stop posting.

I can both not apologize AND keep posting AND tell you to go gently caress yourself, all at the same time!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

gfsincere posted:

Nice meltdown.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Uranium 235 posted:

Why don't we ever use the term "cockpocket"? I dunno, I like it.
When a hungry bunch shows up for lunch, what are you gonna get?

Hm. I think it could work.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Night10194 posted:

Isn't this like half because half his campaign is running around going 'We are tots gonna kill all the immigrants' while the others are like 'We're gonna pivot you'll see' and they're currently fighting for control of the prompter?

Now I'm imagining his kids all grappling for one of those teleprompter stands and calling each other terrible names like "poor" or "nouveau riche"

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

gfsincere posted:

Aww, was I supposed to care that you don't like me?

Hmm. How sweet.

Incoming puppet master defense spotted. Eta: 8 posts

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

I can both not apologize AND keep posting AND tell you to go gently caress yourself, all at the same time!

No one tells THIS guy what to do! Look at him go! So tough. So manly.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I mean dude, it's not a lot to ask of you to apologize for using a term that we, the gay community ITT, have universally condemned.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

gfsincere posted:

Jesus christ, gently caress off you humongous, petulant baby.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

gfsincere posted:

Because if its the former, I can't help you with that. I appreciate every woman that's done it and every guy that's offered.

If its the latter, well you're wrong and I'm not too interested in correcting you.

Cockholster is funny. To even try to place it on the same rung as friend of the family is offensive as gently caress tho, and its annoying when white gays try to portray that as such. human being I'll give you as loving terrible and so many terrible things have been done over that, but trying to draw an equivalance between human being - cockholster - friend of the family is wildly out of pocket.

This is a goddamn masterpiece of a post, it's really too bad you used "I know a lesbian who said it!" in an earlier post because then you would have completed a hat trick for bigot apologia

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

somehow the weirdest post so far

right

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Ohtsam posted:

Incoming puppet master defense spotted. Eta: 8 posts

Have we hit Gilstening stage?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Nessus posted:

When a hungry bunch shows up for lunch, what are you gonna get?

was this supposed to be set to the ghostbusters theme because thats how i read it

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gfsincere posted:

Do you seriously expect people to believe you're so stupid that you literally don't know the meaning and intent behind the things you say you hosed up homophobe?

If you're really all about destigmatizing sucking dick (which you're not), try not using it as an insult when arguing with people.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

zoux posted:

I dunno friends, I don't think this guy is persuadable.

I think he is, but it's not going to happen in the middle of a dogpile like this has become.

gfsincere posted:

Yeah except women drill instructors train women. Literally only saw them for 3 weeks out of the 12 week boot camp and she used it when I first heard it on a woman.

But yall keep trying to drill down on this, I'm sure you'll find something.

Listen, the military and several other communities have this awful thing where what would be considered abuse outside is deployed to destroy you individually so you focus less on yourself and more on your part within an organization. This is literally the reason drill instructors are such assholes. Eventually, given the fear and risk of war, you begin to accept that and form into a team. However, outside of those communities, that type of behavior is considered for what it is, abuse.

The same way that you argue that the rigors of slavery led to differences in black bodies, the same happens with minds. For every one person who manages to survive the onslaught and become part of the team, there are many who break apart.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

gfsincere, I don't think you're a deep-seated homophobe, or a crazy narcissist, or whatever. Can we agree that it would at least be nice for you to not call people cocksuckers in a derogatory way, and that, even if you do that to someone who doesn't deserve respect, it can do some unnecessary collateral damage?

(Yes, I know, you didn't call them a cocksucker, you called their mouth a cockholster. The difference is subtle enough that I'm comfortable conflating the two.)

I can agree to that. I've literally never heard it used as a homophobic slur not once (in the thousands of times I've heard it), but since it is, I'll refrain from using it.

Also don't conflate homophobic slurs with racial ones, especially friend of the family. That's absolutely not okay, not in this climate.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

gfsincere posted:

I don't care what you think it is. I said what I said and if you plan on divining my "totally real homophobic" intent from it, have fun with that. I'm done responding to you.

read this post again

and consider how many posters you've called klansmen in the past couple of hours

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Lotka Volterra posted:

Jesus christ, gently caress off you humongous, petulant baby.

Aww, you first darling.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

I can agree to that. I've literally never heard it used as a homophobic slur not once (in the thousands of times I've heard it), but since it is, I'll refrain from using it.

It was a homophobic slur the whole time and if you aren't clever enough to recognize it as such...

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gfsincere posted:

Also don't conflate homophobic slurs with racial ones, especially friend of the family. That's absolutely not okay, not in this climate.

Homophobic slurs aren't okay ever, either.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Oh wow 800 posts in the last 3 hours. There must have been some huge news or someth:yikes:
'

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

The Rokstar posted:

Oh wow 800 posts in the last 3 hours. There must have been some huge news or someth:yikes:
'

This poo poo really needs to die already.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Sharkie posted:

Do you seriously expect people to believe you're so stupid that you literally don't know the meaning and intent behind the things you say you hosed up homophobe?

If you're really all about destigmatizing sucking dick (which you're not), try not using it as an insult when arguing with people.

tell me when I said he was a bad person for sucking dick else go gently caress yourself.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The Rokstar posted:

'

a full 100 of those posts were this exact post

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
that custom title is also pretty hosed up tho imho

USPol whats happening to you

dont make me break out the intervention music (its also the theme from ghostbusters)

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

gfsincere posted:

*sighs, counts to 10*

No, I'm a big fan of sucking dick and getting my dick sucked, and I'm willing to believe that you're on the same wavelength. Cockholster can be funny, but when you bust it out to silence someone, as in, 'shut your cockholster', it comes off that you're implying that their speech is so bad that it's less worthwhile than even sucking dick, which is itself bad.

I'm not going to pretend that telling someone to shut their cockholster and calling them a human being are on the same tier, and calling someone a human being is still nowhere near as bad as the level of institutional violence and abuse that backs the word 'friend of the family'. human being is worse than cockholster, friend of the family is worse than human being.

But I'd still appreciate it if you'd, just, like... back up a bit. I've got anger issues myself and I know that giving in to anger and letting loose some abuse feels good - especially righteous anger, god knows that's the best - but I'd appreciate it if you'd back up a bit and slow your assault.

Right now you're in a one-man argument versus like ten guys, and they've got you in a gish gallop. They aren't even throwing coherent arguments at you nor vice versa. I don't even know what y'all are arguing about anymore except that you're each trying to accuse the other of being lovely people.

This is a message board on the internet. Some of us are definitely lovely people! There's no mystery there.

I again encourage you to take a second and restate your hypothesis. Focus on defending that instead of your character. If, as you say, these people are a bunch of racists and sell-outs, they're still going to be racists and sell-outs after you finish laying out your argument.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

tell me when I said he was a bad person for sucking dick else go gently caress yourself.

ah, so you meant cockholster in the familial, diminutive sense

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

that custom title is absolute garbage and whoever bought it is a shithead

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

gfsincere posted:

So what you're saying is that when "the Marines come by to make sure you aren't getting up to some poo poo because you totally could be" what you actually mean is that some military doctors are coming by to make sure you haven't stopped taking your meds and started self-harming?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

You used a homophobic slur and you once again start writhing furiously to not have been wrong. All you do is twist and twist to maintain a status of 'not wrong'. You are like a white person trying to justify something racist they said.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 22, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

gfsincere posted:

This post and that title... Holy moly.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hmm.

I can see how someone would think that Cockholster is not offensive at all(Like I have literally never heard that phrase and usage before).

But maybe if someone says that's offensive to them just say, "I didn't mean to offend anyone". Rather than doubling down :shrug:.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

gfsincere posted:

learn about words and their implications before using them

it's really not hard.

SoSimpleABeginning
Mar 6, 2010

From so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
The Great Twist
I'm a PhD Candidate in a subfield of Human Evolutionary Biology. Science Twitter just went through this argument with a PopSci writer who wrote a poorly researched article claiming racial superiority in athletics. Specifically, he claimed that West Africans (and the descendants of West African slaves in the Americas) dominate sprinting events, while East Africans dominate distance events due to genetics. The below Tweets from a well-respected population geneticist outline the problems with this argument:

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767448701111369728

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767448871484137472

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767449033627623425

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767451293816352768

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767451734579015682

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767451891290734592

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767452126872207360

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767452262872522752

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767453846780178432

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767497486378397696

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767624521859948544

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767624640638382081

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767624831521198080

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767624992326647811

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767625101286182916

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767625295985860608

https://twitter.com/ewanbirney/status/767625471722913792

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

gfsincere posted:

Hey: Thank you. I appreciate this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SoSimpleABeginning posted:

I'm a PhD Candidate in a subfield of Human Evolutionary Biology.

Gonna need to see this confirmed....but how

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Homophobic slurs aren't okay ever, either.

Neither is presuming one is a homophobe when they used cockholster as a in word replacement. I could possibly see your point if I switched out cockholster with mouth and it was still gave off homophobic vibes, but considering it didn't, hard pass.

Especially since I watched you happily skip over racist posts and watched you do it in the past, so you can miss me with your poo poo on this day.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
"Eugenics is good science", model minorities = genetic superiority, "I can use slurs because it was okay in the army", accusing black people of not being black, and unyielding ahistorical beliefs about the American south and slavery. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Gonna need to see this confirmed....but how

i think this explains why dudes send dick pics

• Locked thread