Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

super macho dude posted:

the ion rocket launcher secondary weapon doesnt seem to do much of anything

Seems like it does a lot of damage if you score a direct hit. They should let you detonate it early like the rocket launcher in Doom so you can at least get some splash damage if you just miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Any idea if that electric smoke is some type of streak reward? I randomly have it at times.

I believe you get it when you're halfway to getting your Titan core ability (much like you get amped weapons when you're halfway to a Titan as a pilot)

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Instagibbing pilots with the shoulder mounted laser is too much fun.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Javes posted:

Instagibbing pilots with the shoulder mounted laser is too much fun.

It's so god drat satisfying.

Streaming the last few hours of the beta.

https://www.twitch.tv/christhemute

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 22, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you shoot your grapple at another player it will yank them at you and You'll kick them in the face for an instakill :aaaaa:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

If you shoot your grapple at another player it will yank them at you and You'll kick them in the face for an instakill :aaaaa:

yeah its sweet its like a titan punch

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
If anyone is looking for a ps4 teammate for the last hour of the beta this weekend, hit me up. My psn is VforVegans.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just realized that the release date for this game is 1 week before CoD:IW comes out. Decisions decisions :(

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sammus posted:

I just realized that the release date for this game is 1 week before CoD:IW comes out. Decisions decisions :(

Easy: get TF2 now, and then decide if IW's probably reskinned Zombies le competitive sci-fi multi HD Reskin of Modern Warfare 1 is worth an extra fiver.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

campaign info on the game for anyone that cares about sp (starts at 3:47)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=455odKZOr-Y&t=227s

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

....and done. I enjoyed that more than any of these other betas to date. Really excited for this game although I wouldn't mind never seeing boomtown for the rest of my life. I don't know why the game seemed to favor it 7 to 1.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Crap I just got home from Seattle for the weekend and hoped I could still jump on before midnight. :(

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Crap I just got home from Seattle for the weekend and hoped I could still jump on before midnight. :(

They're doing another tech test this upcoming weekend.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

campaign info on the game for anyone that cares about sp (starts at 3:47)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=455odKZOr-Y&t=227s

I wasn't going to bother getting it near release but this kinda sold me.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Nice to see the R-97 is back.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so i keep hearing the MP doesnt have grunts/specters anymore and that they scrapped attretion mode? is that true?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so i keep hearing the MP doesnt have grunts/specters anymore and that they scrapped attretion mode? is that true?

they are in bounty mode.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

There's been no official word from Respawn about Attrition coming back, they have said that "Bounty Hunt" is an "evolution" of attrition. The amount of AI in those modes is minuscule compared to how many they had in Attrition.

Respawn Producer posted:

"The game mode is 'Bounty Hunt,' an evolution of Attrition from the last game," McCoy said. "It's a really good casual mode. It's very target-rich and great if you have 10 minutes to get to grips with this game while you're playing it."

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Given the design of Bounty Hunt mode, I'm starting to wonder if it's also replacing Frontier Defense as well.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wazzit posted:

There's been no official word from Respawn about Attrition coming back, they have said that "Bounty Hunt" is an "evolution" of attrition. The amount of AI in those modes is minuscule compared to how many they had in Attrition.

thats depressing. I am starting to think i may wait for reviews and sales. everything i have been reading sounds like they hosed up the multiplayer and now the community is pissed as gently caress. I loved the first one because it was something different outside of tf2/overwatch esc games and cod/battlefield/counter-strike. now it seems they are cramming a bunch of cod poo poo in. maybe the campaign will be fun at least.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 22, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If there's no T1 style attrition with lots of AI to step on i'm definitely not buying. It was chaotic and fun and refreshing

It's like they listened to all the *dumb* criticisms some people made about the first game

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats depressing. I am starting to think i may wait for reviews and sales.

There's another tech test in five days. If you're a PC gamer and don't have access to the tech test, you can always just buy the game anyways and get a refund if you don't like it provided you purchase it through EA's Origin store. They have a good refund policy. You're right though, the overwhelming consensus is that they have completely hosed the sequel up and there's no way they can address all the problems before launch.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SUNKOS posted:

There's another tech test in five days. If you're a PC gamer and don't have access to the tech test, you can always just buy the game anyways and get a refund if you don't like it provided you purchase it through EA's Origin store. They have a good refund policy. You're right though, the overwhelming consensus is that they have completely hosed the sequel up and there's no way they can address all the problems before launch.

but thats just sad. Titanfall 1 was drat great if not good game with a bunch of good ideas. Now they are scraping all the good poo poo. its like if they made battlefield with no conquest mode and made all the vehicles unlock via killstreak. Now they are turning 2 into a loving aborted cod clone. i am legit mad because it was TF1 was one of the few multiplayer games i loved and was good at and now they are loving it so it can appeal to cod kiddies.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

now they are loving it so it can appeal to cod kiddies.
Thing is, Titanfall 1's lead designer went back to Infinity Ward to be the lead multiplayer designer on Infinite Warfare. I will be amused if COD:IW multi ends up being more fun than Titanfall 2

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Roman posted:

Thing is, Titanfall 1's lead designer went back to Infinity Ward to be the lead multiplayer designer on Infinite Warfare. I will be amused if COD:IW multi ends up being more fun than Titanfall 2

It certainly seems they're trying SOMETHING new, though it could be a case of "ooh shiny" syndrome where all the stuff in the MP leaks looked nice and shiny.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

IW does look good. MW remaster will proabably kill both it and TF2 though

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

IW does look good. MW remaster will proabably kill both it and TF2 though

I'll laugh if the MW remaster somehow revives the CoD PC community.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Roman posted:

this. infinite warfare actually looks cool, the campaign is done by former uncharted/last of us writers/designers and the mutiplayer is being done by titanfall 1 dude. it looks cool and interesting. and i love low-fi sci-fi. it has a very gundam politics vibe.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 22, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Maybe I just didn't play as much Titanfall as everyone else here but I'm a little confused reading the complaints about TF2. It largely feels like the same game with some fairly minor tweaks, many of which are (IMO) an improvement. I'm glad burn cards are gone because they were annoying to sort through. Once I got a handle on the new Titans I appreciated that they're less tanky because it made titan v titan fights less of a slugfest than they were last time, although they could probably stand to be a little hardier vs pilots. The battery mechanic seems like it's not quite fully baked yet, but whatever. I don't think letting you fully customize your titan's chassis and loadout really added anything in 1 so I'm fine with this more pre-set system they've moved to. The guns and abilities, both on the pilot and titan side, feel a lot more satisfying than I remember them being in the first game.

Really my biggest gripe is just that the AI in bounty hunt feels like an afterthought since they only spawn in a couple of tiny areas at certain times, instead of being spread throughout the map like in attrition. There were a few other changes that bummed me out but which are ultimately pretty minor, like the embark animations not being first person anymore and not being able to shoot into a titan's brains when you rodeo it.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 22, 2016

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
It's Section 8 all over again (the first one was awesome but different - the sequel listened to all the idiots screaming "more like CoD" and it was utter garbage).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

Maybe I just didn't play as much Titanfall as everyone else here but I'm a little confused reading the complaints about TF2. It largely feels like the same game with some fairly minor tweaks, many of which are (IMO) an improvement. I'm glad burn cards are gone because they were annoying to sort through. Once I got a handle on the new Titans I appreciated that they're less tanky because it made titan v titan fights less of a slugfest than they were last time, although they could probably stand to be a little hardier vs pilots. The battery mechanic seems like it needs some more thinking through but is pretty whatever. I don't think letting you fully customize your titan's chassis and loadout really added anything in 1 so I'm fine with this more pre-set system they've moved to. The guns and abilities, both on the pilot and titan side, feel a lot more satisfying than I remember them being in the first game, and part of that goes back to the titans not being so drat tanky.

Really my biggest gripe is just that the AI in bounty hunt feels like an afterthought since they only spawn in a couple of tiny areas at certain times, instead of being spread throughout the map like in attrition.

I am more pissed about the AI and the lack of atterision mode. I never used burn cards personally. the problem is with out the ai the map feels empty as gently caress and and encourages camping.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol imma wait until the full actual game is out not a beta based on a splinter from back in June but I'm a crazy retard, hth

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Roman posted:

I didn't know this, is this Steve Fukuda?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mordja posted:

Lol imma wait until the full actual game is out not a beta based on a splinter from back in June but I'm a crazy retard, hth

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Mordja posted:

I'm sure it will be a completely different game when it launches in two months.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SUNKOS posted:

:same:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

I disagree, developers usually put all existing maps, abilities and game modes into their prerelease tech tests to make them indicative of the full game :downs:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Wazzit posted:

I didn't know this, is this Steve Fukuda?
I was referring to Todd Alderman, but I just read that he only went back to IW for 4 months and is back at Respawn now so forget everything I said I guess

Also, I remember playing the poo poo out of the Titanfall 1 beta and the full game. I didn't enjoy playing the tech test and it just felt off. But maybe they'll put Attrition in next weekend's tech test and maybe there will be actually be walls to run on this time and it'll be fun again

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 22, 2016

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I actually came to really enjoy Bounty mode after I settled into the game.

I was initially shocked cause I tried amped hardpoint first and played an entire game without ever getting a titan and my initial reaction was very negative, as piloting the huge robots was my favorite part of the game.

I'm hoping there is plenty of variety in the game in terms of titans and maps and a few extra game modes when it goes live in October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never thought it would come to this but I'm legit torn between getting the new COD or a Titanfall sequel...