Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

your posting about posting and being dumb

its a really bad gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

I really want to see a couple examples of trumps supposed business savvy that didn't involve him blatantly reneging on deals or buying politically favorable outcomes

It really isn't about "financial savvy" per se, but using the brute and power that comes with having the most money in Monopoly to break his opponents backwards to get what he wants.

- Offering to buy Mar E Lago for $25 million, rescinding the offer, buying the beachfront property in front of it, threatening to build something hideous to mar its property value, then buying it for $5 million

- The incredible touch he has in lobbying for tax abatements and the like for his properties, due to things like actually setting up a command center in the NJ legislative house to send his minions out.

- Utilizing his dad's relationships to barge his way into the NY real estate scene, the most cutthroat and back-stabby business there is, and wrangle a million stakeholders to create his various projects, starting with the aformentioned Trainyards project.

- Being the only the person during the cement workers strike in the 80s to still get deliveries, probably due to his large number of contacts in the mafia world.

I could go on, but there's a lot of stuff out there. It doesn't affect my incredibly negative take on him, though. Ben Carson is an amazing brain surgeon. Trump is a scummy, amoral, and pretty successful real estate developer, and straight out incredible media brander.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

your posting about posting and being dumb

you are posting about posting about posting!! makes ut hink

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ok we're halfway there.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

etalian posted:

Where's Trump

Sleeping?

Waiting for his tastefully packaged incontinence products to be delivered so he doesn't crap all over himself at tonight's rally.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The fact that military vets support Trump is the best arguement against the Spartan democracy found in Starship Troopers.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Swedgin posted:

This one, the Colorado one, and the Oregon one at the end of the month, all cancelled

Given that Trump projects everything wrong with him onto Clinton, I'm guessing that means he's dying

Dude definitely has heart problems. Remember his reaction to that guy who tried to charge the stage? Totally indicative of heart palpitations.

The stress of a campaign is probably getting to him. For Hillary, this all probably feels like a vacation compared to the State Department.

I don't see what all the health problem conspiracy mongering vis a vis Clinton is based on, she seems like a reasonably healthy post-menopausal woman, certainly healthier than most American women in her age group. Seems healthier than Trump for that matter, but that might be just because she doesn't sweat due to spending a more than half of her adult life in Arkansas, DC and various other sub-tropical or arid locations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I now have a database of 3200 trump tweets sitting on my computer (Starting from around December of last year). That's how far back their API goes, and paling the website itself does not get me the source of the tweet, unless I get it after the fact. :argh:

Anyway, here is a word cloud of those tweets, using "Twitter for Android" as the source, that kinda looks like the US if you squint.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It's a five hour flight from Las Vegas to New York, you can't expect them to campaign there, how is he supposed to get home in time for bed?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Baloogan's right on this one, Let The People Post. Boosted was deposed already, hasn't he suffered enough? Let him keep dancing his "Trump'll win!" jig right up until the election with occasional bouts of bleak clarity so we can harvest his misery at a Hillary Presidency.

I can remember a time when Boosted was first IK'd and the people called him Good King Boosted. The crowd that cheers at your coronation cheers at your execution.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Let Boosted post.

Day crew has become a boring echo chamber as of late and at least his poo poo posting breaks it up a bit.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I had a patient years ago at the pharmacy whose last name really was Null, and he told me that his interactions with anything that pulled his name from something else via computer was fraught with things breaking and nothing working

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

pseudorandom name posted:

It's a five hour flight from Las Vegas to New York, you can't expect them to campaign there, how is he supposed to get home in time for bed?

That was a a pretty hilarious weird Trump personality quirk.

He can easily find 4/5 star hotel close to rally locations but always ends up flying back to NYC on a late night flight

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

the monarchs be beefin

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Fox Ironic posted:

Dude definitely has heart problems. Remember his reaction to that guy who tried to charge the stage? Totally indicative of heart palpitations.

The stress of a campaign is probably getting to him. For Hillary, this all probably feels like a vacation compared to the State Department.

I don't see what all the health problem conspiracy mongering vis a vis Clinton is based on, she seems like a reasonably healthy post-menopausal woman, certainly healthier than most American women in her age group. Seems healthier than Trump for that matter, but that might be just because she doesn't sweat due to spending a more than half of her adult life in Arkansas, DC and various other sub-tropical or arid locations.

one of the most telling contrasts in this election was that gif that showed Trump freaking out during the charge-the-stage moment versus Hillary reacting calmly when the same happened to her. you see her eyes get a little wider but she doesn't move an inch

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

**fires campaign staff
trump: ok lets shake things up and WIN. whats the plan
***cancels all events

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys should give me a 6er with a cute / funny gif at the very least

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anime gifs are also acceptable and encouraged

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
day crew is boring now because Trump is a shook bitch and is hiding under Hannitys skirts from the world

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

etalian posted:

The fact that military vets support Trump is the best arguement against the Spartan democracy found in Starship Troopers.

The second half of that book is also an effective way to poison that well

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

etalian posted:

That was a a pretty hilarious weird Trump personality quirk.

He can easily find 4/5 star hotel close to rally locations but always ends up flying back to NYC on a late night flight
Please tell me he did this the night he visited Louisiana

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fox Ironic posted:

so my advisor friends told me that his reaction is similar to the reaction people would have when they donate for NAMBLA and are worried their secret got out.

makes u think

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

He hasn't slept anywhere but Trump Tower, except that one time he slept on his plane.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Please tell me he did this the 49 seconds he visited Louisiana

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

day crew is boring now because Trump is a shook bitch and is hiding under Hannitys skirts from the world

yea, its not that its an echo chamber, its that trump is a cuckservative now

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

tiny hands, giant carbon footprint

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

magiccarpet posted:

tiny hands, giant carbon footprint

yoooge

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

like his lust for ivanka

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Montasque posted:

Let Boosted post.

Day crew has become a boring echo chamber as of late and at least his poo poo posting breaks it up a bit.

you guys always say this but then when a new trumplord fascist comes in here posting about illegals and Islamists it's "woah, what the gently caress, get this guy outta here!" you can't have both

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
eh ive got high hopes for little-miss-facist the guy who can't dress himself to somehow blow poo poo up

tho maybe all these cancellations are due to all the adderall trump snorts finally getting to him

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Eonwe posted:

anime gifs are also acceptable and encouraged

No wonder so many people have you on ignore lists. :)

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Trump has ruined any chance at having a non-echo-chamber by being a literal fascist.
Hard to have productive discussion with scumsucking racists.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/767839482359980033

Three now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

No wonder so many people have you on ignore lists. :)

anime is good tho?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it would be nice if there were trump supporters who werent hateful freaks or hosed up lunatics, but, alas, its kind of a requirement

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
given that Hillary's favorability has actually gone up a point in the last week in the absence of any public events, maybe Conway and Bannon are trying to hide Trump and hope that less exposure will help stanch the bleeding?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

so I understand Oregon, because no fuckin way he is winning Oregon, but why Colorado or Nevada? Aren't those incredibly important states for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Eonwe posted:

anime is good tho?

No, no. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it's bad. :sympathy:

• Locked thread