Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
You can see it shifting there already, the future arena meta is AOE damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

Time for healers! Next need to take Talias heal and make it fire when not her turn like RGs taunt...

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Palp is really good (for PVE at least). Just 3*'d the T3 potency challenge with:
Palp 7* 74 G9
Vader 5* 80 G9
RG 7* 80 G9
Magmatrooper 7* 71 G7
Tarkin 6* 73 G8

The enemy Palp got 1 turn between RG and Palp's stuns.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

Palp is really good (for PVE at least)

Those are the only teams I cannot beat.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Well good I am almost ahead for once since all I need is ani to get his 7th star for my aoe team. All aoe and rg because you can't stop the lando train. Although I have been tinkering with the boba led aoe team with bobas omega leader. Since all my aoe toons are modded with crit chance I might get better mileage from the +50% crit damage.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I wonder how my Jedi with very soon to be maxed Imagoondi lead will fare against all these AoE teams :getin:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
This game is kinda lame once you've collected all the characters you're interested in. Maybe I'll start on the worst team ever. Who's in?

- Ugnaut
- Nute Gunray (80 shard wtf)
- Cad Bane
- Lobot
- Underworld Cop

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

I wonder how my Jedi with very soon to be maxed Imagoondi lead will fare against all these AoE teams :getin:

And then Sid dodges 45 times in a row because the computer would never cheat lol(I had a Sid dodge 27 consecutive attacks once he lived for 4 turns after the other team was dead). At least maybe with the the faction events and mod challenges I am hoping we see a better diversity in teams, of course that is probably a pipe dream.

^^^^^ cad got buffed probably still piss weak though. But if he is to good for that squad might I recommend veers or Biggs as a good last place choice? Or maybe that night sister healer that dose not heal.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 23, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Disco De Soto posted:

This game is kinda lame once you've collected all the characters you're interested in. Maybe I'll start on the worst team ever. Who's in?

- Ugnaut
- Nute Gunray (80 shard wtf)
- Cad Bane
- Lobot
- Underworld Cop

Nightsister Acolyte
General Veers
Jedi Knight Guardian

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Nightsister Acolyte
General Veers
Jedi Knight Guardian

Don't forget ig-100. That makes 5 with uggynaught, uh do any of them have leader ability's? Might want to boot them if they do.

Found the worst of the worst. CUP, ig-100, uggg, jkg and ns acolyte.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 23, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Davethulhu posted:

Nightsister Acolyte
General Veers
Jedi Knight Guardian

Veers is useful in Empire teams now. Acolyte is pretty average but at least she's very fast and has health steal on crit, good for GW.

JKG on the other hand is utter trash with 0 redeemable qualities whatsoever :(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Veers is useful in Empire teams now.

Are you sure? Looking at his stats, he still looks pathetic. His aoe only has a 55% chance of Ability block, on a 4 turn cooldown (and has pathetic damage). I guess it does ok damage if you're fighting 5 rebels and have offense up.

xyigx posted:

Well good I am almost ahead for once since all I need is ani to get his 7th star for my aoe team. All aoe and rg because you can't stop the lando train. Although I have been tinkering with the boba led aoe team with bobas omega leader. Since all my aoe toons are modded with crit chance I might get better mileage from the +50% crit damage.

As much as I think you're right about getting more out of Crit Damage, I think Boba is so bad that it won't be worth it. Who else do you have to run as lead? Ani is probably the right choice though.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

kinda liking my new team lol. Any suggestions on how to improve / replace?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I finally slotted in Nebit in my droid team of HK(L),86,88,Engi,Nebit. Nebit's 4*, G8, Lvl 68 and he's pulling his weight already. That protection. :aaaaa:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Skilleddk posted:

kinda liking my new team lol. Any suggestions on how to improve / replace?

That for Arena? Actually, it doesn't matter what it is for. Swap Rey in for Lumi and you are getting closer. Always run Rey.

Also, FYI, IGD is running another raid today. One run until tonight, but make sure you get in on it.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

I finally slotted in Nebit in my droid team of HK(L),86,88,Engi,Nebit. Nebit's 4*, G8, Lvl 68 and he's pulling his weight already. That protection. :aaaaa:

Amen brother! I use that team for GW and I can auto the whole thing most days. His cooldown-reducing taunt breaks that team.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Are you sure? Looking at his stats, he still looks pathetic. His aoe only has a 55% chance of Ability block, on a 4 turn cooldown (and has pathetic damage). I guess it does ok damage if you're fighting 5 rebels and have offense up.

As much as I think you're right about getting more out of Crit Damage, I think Boba is so bad that it won't be worth it. Who else do you have to run as lead? Ani is probably the right choice though.

So far for leads the three standouts have been 88omegaed, phasma, and boba. I am hoping ani is another one. I chose based on what I am fighting. Tanky teams get 88 lead since the dot seems to be % based. Teams with VIPs who need to be dropped asap get phasma and teams of glass cannons gets boba.

The +50% crit damage stacked on my lando who is sporting about +50% already and has a base 49% crit rating before his passive and boba omega leader. As long as I can get the aoe reset the damage on the second one is 5 x normal. It is kind of absurd to be honest.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I didn't realize just how consistent the AI can be in its actions until last night when I was having trouble with my last GW node so had to do a few retreat/restarts.

I was running Barriss, Rey, Lumi, Phasma and QGJ; I forget what all the enemy team had offhand, but I do remember Lando and one of the Geonosians Every single restart, Lumi would miss her first attack against Lando without fail. QGJ would then go after her; if I used his third skill to remove Lando's crit rate buff, Lando would do his AOE and wear Phasma down, then the Geonosian would go next and finish her off. If I didn't remove said buff, then Lando and the Geonosian would both use their regular attacks against Barris instead, who was tanky enough to handle it.

At that point it almost became more of a puzzle game than an RPG, with me experimenting to figure out which input would result in the least-damaging reaction from the enemy team. I know every AI has its limitations, but it just became very apparent with that node.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
That isn't really consistent AI, it is that the RNG for what actions are taken and on which target, along with the result does not re randomize when you reset a GW node. You have to swap in/out teamemembers or team leaders to get it to change.

Granted, it still works as you describe, and that is important to know. It is also important to know that if you need to change the results you are getting, swapping team members will do that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
the AI will do stuff like always attack the same 'slot' regardless of hero, so you can swap your heroes around within the same team and not affect the RNG roll but will affect who gets targeted. They will also prioritize healers and poo poo which is always annoying. Support champs tend to get targeted a lot I think.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Good information to know, thanks

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Jerkface posted:

the AI will do stuff like always attack the same 'slot' regardless of hero, so you can swap your heroes around within the same team and not affect the RNG roll but will affect who gets targeted. They will also prioritize healers and poo poo which is always annoying. Support champs tend to get targeted a lot I think.

Also the rng uses the slot for determining who does an assist, so you can move people around to get the best people getting free attacks.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Also the rng uses the slot for determining who does an assist, so you can move people around to get the best people getting free attacks.

This is all far, far too much work while pooping.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

WerrWaaa posted:

New thread title

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Disco De Soto posted:

New thread title

Seconded.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

New thread title

Yes please.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Got 7* luke. Murdered it with ackbar/leia/luke/biggs/st-han but they are all purp and have mods.

Also vader is at 83/85 so one more shard shop.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Jerkface posted:

I knew rearranging your team would change up the RNG. I had no idea they focused on slot though, Ol' Daka always gets the seven shades kicked out of her, but she is someone I never move.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Ok 6 * boba but omega leader vastly out performed 88 lead on every team except the fatest of teams. The main thing I had to do was give him potency and stack offence(I tried crit damage and on boba you get a better return on offence). He is individually weaker but provides a bigger bonus if you mod around it. On super tanky squads 88 beats him still so I think no matter what you will probably need phasma + pick 2 from ani, 88 and boba to make aoe death squads viable.

Looking at it though ani and 88 are great to have in any aoe team so boba may just be for people like me who went omg boba Fett I am grabbing. And found out that his a Biggs.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 24, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

I have to reach out to a mod to accomplish this, right?

xyigx posted:

Ok 6 * boba but omega leader vastly out performed 88 lead on every team except the fatest of teams. The main thing I had to do was give him potency and stack offence(I tried crit damage and on boba you get a better return on offence). He is individually weaker but provides a bigger bonus if you mod around it. On super tanky squads 88 beats him still so I think no matter what you will probably need phasma + pick 2 from ani, 88 and boba to make aoe death squads viable.

Looking at it though ani and 88 are great to have in any aoe team so boba may just be for people like me who went omg boba Fett I am grabbing. And found out that his a Biggs.

On the plus side, Boba is near the top of the list for character reworks, so as long as they don't alter his leader, any effort you put into him will be worth it (maybe -- I'm expecting an Anakin like rework so you should be working on him).

"CG_Conduit23 posted:

I recently started farming Boba Fett shards on my personal account..
(I seriously have no idea when his rework will be scheduled, but he's high on the list.)
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4rsd4y/is_there_going_to_be_a_boba_fett_rework_like/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4z86id/boba_rework/

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
For my scoundrel squad I have Boba/Lando/STH/IG-88/Dengar. Should I swap someone out for Gamorian Guard? I just unlocked him and I'm considering spending the time getting him ranked up to replace possibly STH. Is this a dumb idea?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Popete posted:

For my scoundrel squad I have Boba/Lando/STH/IG-88/Dengar. Should I swap someone out for Gamorian Guard? I just unlocked him and I'm considering spending the time getting him ranked up to replace possibly STH. Is this a dumb idea?

I've heard they forgot to give him any damage -- maybe hold off for now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

I have to reach out to a mod to accomplish this, right?

While thinking about this, I went back and made edits to the OP. Most were minor things, but I added a whole bunch of now viable arena leaders. Let me know if you think anyone else should be there.

RE: Credit heist:

Capgasp posted:

This is a known bug, sorry guys. Credit Heist runs off "player time" but notifications can only run off of UTC time. So they are mismatched. On days where the event runs, you should see it at 7am local time. We're working on getting this fixed in a future client update.
EDIT: I'm not at the office so I don't know if there's a Heist today. You shouldn't see the notification without the event though, so be patient. I'll check this thread in the morning when I get into the office, but for now... sleep!
EDIT #2: Someone missed the memo. We're going to turn it on for you guys, it'll be (up to) a few hours to prep and push the data to the servers. Enjoy!

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 24, 2016

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Popete posted:

No, as it stands he hits like a wet noodle even when maxed out.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
Laughed at myself for missing two raids on guild chat and get poo poo on by an officer with 16 lifetime contributions.

Keeping it classy over here in Ima Goondi.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Avail posted:

Laughed at myself for missing two raids on guild chat and get poo poo on by an officer with 16 lifetime contributions.

Aw snap goon guild drama.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Avail posted:

God drat you for not letting us finish the raid in three hours and fifty minutes instead of four hours.

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 25, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Avail posted:

What officer was that?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

oops wrong forum posted:

What officer was that?

I don't remember who it was but he said something like, "The raid has been going for 16 hours, it's not that hard to log in once." I wouldn't read too much into it because I doubt he meant it to be aggressive.

Edit: Seriously though, I don't know why people don't donate more. I know sometimes there's multiple people asking for the same high tier item, but that's not always the case. I saw a whale who quit with barely anything contributed. That really baffled me.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Dr. Venture posted:

I don't remember who it was but he said something like, "The raid has been going for 16 hours, it's not that hard to log in once." I wouldn't read too much into it because I doubt he meant it to be aggressive.

Edit: Seriously though, I don't know why people don't donate more. I know sometimes there's multiple people asking for the same high tier item, but that's not always the case. I saw a whale who quit with barely anything contributed. That really baffled me.

well if that's all then I agree with them, it takes 2 minutes on the shitter to log in and get a 0 score for raid but I'm not sure if that's what he meant.

As for donating, I do whenever I can (I can't get rid of Scanner parts fast enough) but honestly I am very light on things people ask for, even the popular blues from gearing like 5 guys at the same time