Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on infighting within the Labour party – Labour’s civil war has entered a bitter new phase with Jeremy Corbyn and his deputy Tom Watson locked in a public spat over Trotskyist entryists, while an unexpected court victory for the party’s ruling body will bar thousands of the leader’s supporters from voting in the leadership elections"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I guess the Telegraph and the Times can't afford anyone who'll put in some loving effort?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The Times one is at least a decently-construsted metaphor, provided you share the cartoonist's worldview. The Telegraph one is abysmal, though, I'll give you that. When your cartoon is trying to bash a candidate by having your actual Darth Vader endorse him for no apparent reason you might want to rethink a number of your decisions in life.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Morland at worst is mediocre, but can be really good

BoB is inexcusable

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Angepain posted:

The Telegraph one is abysmal, though, I'll give you that.

I'm particularly impressed by all the 70s villains in an "80s villains" piece, though BOB is apparently 12 or so so it can't be helped, everything before 2010 is the ancient past to him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Dabir posted:

I guess the Telegraph and the Times can't afford anyone who'll put in some loving effort?

The effort to agree with me, the correct person.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hmm yes let's contemplate the degree to which the UK media's narrative on Corbyn is perhaps correc- *farts*

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Donald Trump shoots from the hip again - Chris Riddell on the Republican presidential candidate’s gun gaffe"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is a really bad Scarfe.

Then again the others are all p poo poo as well.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Yeah no sorry even the hurdles is a lazy metaphor which doesn't even work without the labels scrawled all over it.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The labels were not necessary but I think it was a good cartoon. Corbyn going through and shrugging everything off while his opponent struggles to do things the normal way was funny. If you want to see what a poo poo cartoon looks like just take a peak at that last Bob.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It works, but without the labels it's conveying the opposite of the point he's trying to make, see?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Fidel Castro and the Labour party – ‘I want to express my deepest gratitude for the shows of respect, greetings and praise that I’ve received in recent days,’ said Castro on his 90th birthday"

Telegraph:

Tom Watson hits back at Corbyn in 'Trotskyist entryist' row

Independent:

Times:

Is Boris Johnson running the country? :ohdear:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Already looking forward to Squires' obit for Havelange.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sports Direct's £1m back pay agreement – Thousands of Sports Direct warehouse workers to receive back pay totalling about £1m after the retailer admitted breaking the law by not paying the national minimum wage"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson vows to 'knuckle down' after bitter Whitehall feud with Liam Fox

Independent:

Times:

Guardian Sport:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Zinoviev Memorial Crock of poo poo is tremendous

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Southern rail dispute – Talks between Southern and RMT union aimed at settling the long-running dispute have broken down, meaning passengers could face renewed disruption from strikes"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...the public proposals at the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

" Martin Rowson on Owen Smith and Isis – Owen Smith has sparked controversy by suggesting a British government would have to negotiate with Isis to end conflict in the Middle East"

Telegraph:

Groundhog Day musical gets five-star reception

Independent:

Labour's Jeremy Corbyn unable to recognise Ant and Dec :monocle:

Times:

Anjem Choudary convicted of supporting Islamic State

Mail:
Mac on... EU rules that prevent officials testing the language skills of doctors, dentists and nurses

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Do people think Owen Smith is the first guy to discuss negotiating directly with ISIS or something?

Very odd!

e: gently caress off mac

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

ahah oh god I haven't learned anything. First thing I thought when I saw this cartoon was, oh look, Mac has given an incidental character a hijab, I guess even Mac can occasionally note the diversity of Britain, now let's see what the sure-to-be-unrelated joke is and... oh. Oh, and the doctor is... oh.

gently caress off, Mac.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I wonder what ethnicity the guy with the huge hook nose is supposed to be.

The stereotype is supposed to be that Jewish doctors/surgeons are good, but maybe Mac thinks they're shifty and only in it for the money.

He can gently caress off either way.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Angepain posted:

ahah oh god I haven't learned anything. First thing I thought when I saw this cartoon was, oh look, Mac has given an incidental character a hijab, I guess even Mac can occasionally note the diversity of Britain, now let's see what the sure-to-be-unrelated joke is and... oh. Oh, and the doctor is... oh.

The article was about European medical staff, so I think it was meant to be a slavic babooshka type with a headscarf rather than a hijab.

Nevertheless, Mac needs to gently caress Off.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I don't think Mac has enough going on in his head to even distinguish his Foreigner stereotypes.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Syrian airstrikes – Government warplanes have bombed Kurdish-held areas in north-east Syria for the first time, the day after a photograph of five-year-old Omran Daqneesh shocked the world" After Wolgemut.

Telegraph:

Record university offers as top A-level grades slip; UK to avoid recession and world economy to ‘stabilise’ as Brexit shock passes - but US poses biggest risk to global growth

Independent:

Sugar tax: Government plans criticised as ‘feeble’ while food bosses say measures are too tough

Times:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Didn't fancy drawing the rest of the room then, just Photoshop that one panel and call it a day.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Great Britain's Olympic success – Team GB are climbing the Olympic medal table in Rio but all is not golden back at home"

Telegraph:

Donald Trump tries new campaign tactic: saying sorry for offensive comments

Independent:

After Millais.

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn refuses to say if he would defend a Nato ally against Russian attack amid deepening party split; Momentum drops pledge to nonviolence from code of ethics

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Russia still the architect of destruction in Aleppo - Chris Riddell on the latest events in the Syrian civil war"

Sunday Telegraph:

Rio Olympics 2016: GB women win first hockey gold on penalties

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
But... why would Marx/Lenin be Trots? :psyduck:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Well, the phrase is reds under the beds. It's a loss of detail but it's a bit of an ask for your Sunday Times reader to identify whoever else counts as prominent Trotskyite.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit and the Rio Olympics – Team GB’s Olympic medallists from the Rio Games will be given ‘a celebration fit for heroes’, Theresa May has announced" Also Watch George Osborne go Rambo as he blasts away with heavy machine gun in Vietnam jungle

Telegraph:

Independent:

Sadiq Khan: Jeremy Corbyn 'failed to win trust of British people'

Times:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Grassroots support

:suicide:

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Oh my gosh Adcock is literally Brant from The Day Today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50HKLZHOQfA

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Britain's Olympic success – Following Team GB’s gold rush in Rio, the athletes return to a country that has seen a spike in reported hate crime"

Telegraph:

Labour leadership: Ballot papers for contest being sent out

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... The Great British Bake Off

Guardian Sport:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Glad to see Comforting Portuguese Child is still getting work.

The Sean Dyche beard / Bane mask combo is unsettling to me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Party Boat posted:

Glad to see Comforting Portuguese Child is still getting work.

The Sean Dyche beard / Bane mask combo is unsettling to me.
Yes, and the reference to Liverpool's kit is inspired.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Jeremy Hunt and the NHS – Leaked documents show Hunt’s own officials believe focus on ‘weekend effect’ has undermined drive for seven-day NHS"

Telegraph:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... the legacy of the Olympics

'Oh good. The Olympics must have inspired our youngsters to exercise... did you see the speed of those thumbs?'

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Special cameos from the Bash Street Kids?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Corbyn and Virgin Trains – Virgin Trains faces an investigation by the data protection watchdog over its release of footage of the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, looking for seats on its London to Newcastle service"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Donald Trump can beat polls, UKIP's Nigel Farage tells rally

Times:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Is he really going for "everything is fine in the NHS, there are plenty of beds for everyone"? Really? Do even Tory voters believe that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Meanwhile NHS mental health beds are at the same levels they were when there was a certain hospital called Bedlam around